View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 810 of 878 FirstFirst ... 710760800806807808809810811812813814820860 ... LastLast
Results 20,226 to 20,250 of 21932

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

I need to ask a question and I don't know how or where so here goes. I am playing my Pokemon Platinum for old times sake and I wanted to use a team I had never used so I'm going with Empoleon, Gliscor, Gallade, and Flareon. I wanted a jolly Gallade so I went and after a long time of searching caught a jolly, male ralts. I evolved it into a kirlia but now whenever I level it up its special attack stat is growing but not its attack stat and I need my Gallade to have a good attack. If I keep training my kirlia before I eveolve it will its attack suck and only have good special attack? Should I wait until I can get a dawn stone and evolve it to start training it or am I okay to keep training it as a kirlia? Or shoul i start over and train a jolly ralts? Idk what to do please help

Quote Originally Posted by Versace View Post
    I need to ask a question and I don't know how or where so here goes. I am playing my Pokemon Platinum for old times sake and I wanted to use a team I had never used so I'm going with Empoleon, Gliscor, Gallade, and Flareon. I wanted a jolly Gallade so I went and after a long time of searching caught a jolly, male ralts. I evolved it into a kirlia but now whenever I level it up its special attack stat is growing but not its attack stat and I need my Gallade to have a good attack. If I keep training my kirlia before I eveolve it will its attack suck and only have good special attack? Should I wait until I can get a dawn stone and evolve it to start training it or am I okay to keep training it as a kirlia? Or shoul i start over and train a jolly ralts? Idk what to do please help
    Kirlia's Sp. Attack base stat is naturally higher than its Attack. Try evolving it into a Gallade. If its SpAtk is still higher than its Attack, your Gallade most likely has a high SpAtk IV.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnivy View Post
    Kirlia's Sp. Attack base stat is naturally higher than its Attack. Try evolving it into a Gallade. If its SpAtk is still higher than its Attack, your Gallade most likely has a high SpAtk IV.
    i wont be able to evolve it for a while. i only have 2 badges and i wont be able to get a dawn stone until at least gym 5 and if i keep training my kirlia to that point it might be too late. what should i do

i wont be able to evolve it for a while. i only have 2 badges and i wont be able to get a dawn stone until at least gym 5 and if i keep training my kirlia to that point it might be too late. what should i do
    It doesn't really matter for the stats when you evolve it. Gallade will most likely have higher Attack than Special Attack unless you're very unlucky (e.g. max SpAtt and min Att, but even then there's actually not a huge difference) since its base Att is 125 and its base SpAtt is 65. What does matter are the moves. You have two options: (1)Don't train it until you get a Dawn Stone or (2) keep training it and when you do evolve it take it and a few heart scales to the Move Relearner to get the moves you may have missed out on since Gallade learns them at a lower level than when you evolved it at.

Quote Originally Posted by bolter1 View Post
    It doesn't really matter for the stats when you evolve it. Gallade will most likely have higher Attack than Special Attack unless you're very unlucky (e.g. max SpAtt and min Att, but even then there's actually not a huge difference) since its base Att is 125 and its base SpAtt is 65. What does matter are the moves. You have two options: (1)Don't train it until you get a Dawn Stone or (2) keep training it and when you do evolve it take it and a few heart scales to the Move Relearner to get the moves you may have missed out on since Gallade learns them at a lower level than when you evolved it at.
    Alright thats really helpful. i think i will probably just wait to evolve it before i start training it.

One more question though. As I said before my team is going to be Empoleon, Gliscor, and Gallade (right now Prinplup lvl 28, Gligar lvl 28, and Kirlia lvl 21). I just beat the 3rd gym and I think I need another Pokemon for my team to more balance it out. For some reason I have never been able to connect to the GTS so it's not an option. Does anyone have any suggestions on another Pokemon for my team? I was thinking possibly Abamasnow or Houndoom what do you guys think.

Other Pokemon i was thinking about were Jolteon and Roserade. Tell me what you think
    Last edited by Hydrohs; 19th March 2014 at 2:15 AM.

Alright thats really helpful. i think i will probably just wait to evolve it before i start training it.

One more question though. As I said before my team is going to be Empoleon, Gliscor, and Gallade (right now Prinplup lvl 28, Gligar lvl 28, and Kirlia lvl 21). I just beat the 3rd gym and I think I need another Pokemon for my team to more balance it out. For some reason I have never been able to connect to the GTS so it's not an option. Does anyone have any suggestions on another Pokemon for my team? I was thinking possibly Abamasnow or Houndoom what do you guys think.

Other Pokemon i was thinking about were Jolteon and Roserade. Tell me what you think
    This might be better suited in the Gen IV RMT now...

But Houndoom and Roserade would work rather well with that Team, rounding up coverage nicely.

Where is the daycare on XY?
    For the best book recommendations!

FC: 4167-5603-4051
    Gotta have one for me and one for one of my best friends on here!

~credit to Astral Shadow for buttons
    ~credit to CrystalNinetales for the userbar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambree View Post
    Route 7. You hit it pretty early on in the game - before the 2nd Badge, I think.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Red face

Just left of Camphrier Town going towards Connecting Cave (Zubat Roost).

Hope this helps. :)

So after I clear out the snorlax? bring me to the next question... wheres the frofrou
    For the best book recommendations!

FC: 4167-5603-4051
    Gotta have one for me and one for one of my best friends on here!

~credit to Astral Shadow for buttons
    ~credit to CrystalNinetales for the userbar

So after I clear out the snorlax? bring me to the next question... wheres the frofrou
    Yes, the DayCare is actually right next to the bridge where Snorlax is. Furfrou is in the garden behind the Mansion on Route 6.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

You need to enter the mansion's garden, then trap the Furfrou with the help of Shauna in the north-western part of the garden.

How do you get sound back on PGL? I remember turning it off in the early days but now everything is just...quiet.
    Friend Code: 4597-0393-3118
    Pokémon in My Safari:
    PM me first before adding!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    How do you get sound back on PGL? I remember turning it off in the early days but now everything is just...quiet.
    The X & Y version of the site does not has music. It is quite, not counting your clicks
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I realize that the Eternal Flower Floette cannot evolve, does this mean that Eviolite won't work on it like a normal Floette?

Quote Originally Posted by ShiningKnightXY View Post
    I realize that the Eternal Flower Floette cannot evolve, does this mean that Eviolite won't work on it like a normal Floette?
    It will not.

How come most Pokémon with access to a lot of special moves are usually the ones with low special attack stat?

This is a legitimate question, because I hate the fact that Golem has access to Fire Blast but is never able to fully use it. And Ferrothron can't use the thunderbolt it has access to either.

And not to mention all the moves Muk has access to that it can't fully use.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    How come most Pokémon with access to a lot of special moves are usually the ones with low special attack stat?

This is a legitimate question, because I hate the fact that Golem has access to Fire Blast but is never able to fully use it. And Ferrothron can't use the thunderbolt it has access to either.

And not to mention all the moves Muk has access to that it can't fully use.
    Are you speaking with competitive in mind or in general? If competitive, well this is just what I think, but I don't think everything can be or has to be competitively viable. If in general, it's probably for in-game use. In-game, where many are quick to say "anything works" in. At the same time though, I see what you mean & I'm not too sure how successful Thunder Rhyperior will be against taking care of Water Pokemon it normally wants to stay away from, for example.

If I bring in a Pokemon with exclusive tutored moves from another generation, can I breed the tutored moves as egg moves?

Quote Originally Posted by ShiningKnightXY View Post
    If I bring in a Pokemon with exclusive tutored moves from another generation, can I breed the tutored moves as egg moves?
    Tutor moves are not Egg moves, so you cannot. Tutor moves can only be bred onto Pokemon if the move is actually already an Egg move anyway, like Stealth Rock on Pawniard, which is both a Tutor move from 5th gen & a possible Egg move in 5th & 6th gen. If you brought over a Pawniard from 5th with the Tutor move Knock Off & tried to breed it onto a new Pawniard on 6th it will not obtain that move.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    Tutor moves are not Egg moves, so you cannot. Tutor moves can only be bred onto Pokemon if the move is actually already an Egg move anyway, like Stealth Rock on Pawniard, which is both a Tutor move from 5th gen & a possible Egg move in 5th & 6th gen. If you brought over a Pawniard from 5th with the Tutor move Knock Off & tried to breed it onto a new Pawniard on 6th it will not obtain that move.
    Okay, thanks for clearing that up.

Why is Rapidash base speed not higher when the Pokedex says it can run at 150mph? You would think a Pokemon designed from a horse would be much faster.

Is there a list of untradable pokemon and item on gts for pokemon XY? I know celebii and all the mega stone can't be traded. just want to know all of them so that I will not waste time waiting for pokemon that I can't get through gts. Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Animefreakhq View Post
    Why is Rapidash base speed not higher when the Pokedex says it can run at 150mph? You would think a Pokemon designed from a horse would be much faster.
    The PokéDex lies all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by darkfire3086 View Post
    Is there a list of untradable pokemon and item on gts for pokemon XY? I know celebii and all the mega stone can't be traded. just want to know all of them so that I will not waste time waiting for pokemon that I can't get through gts. Many thanks
    As for untradable Pokémon, I believe it only disallows event-only Pokémon (like, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Shaymin, Meloetta etc.)

How do you breed a baby pokemon with Perfect IVs an Correct Nature at the same time? O:

I'm about to receive a Shiny Quiet 6IV Chingling from someone and I was wondering how could someone breed a Baby Pokemon with Perfect IVs an Correct Nature at the same time.

Check Out My Shiny/Event/Legendary List Here!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Page 810 of 878 FirstFirst ... 710760800806807808809810811812813814820860 ... LastLast