View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    7 13.73%
  • NO!

    1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 811 of 867 FirstFirst ... 711761801807808809810811812813814815821861 ... LastLast
Results 20,251 to 20,275 of 21660

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

  1. #20251
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    758

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Animefreakhq View Post
    Why is Rapidash base speed not higher when the Pokedex says it can run at 150mph? You would think a Pokemon designed from a horse would be much faster.
    105 is still very fast.

    Sure many Pokémon like Alakazam and Floatzel can outspeed it, but I still consider any stat above 100 to be high.

    The thing that's really surprising is the fact that Arcanine's speed is lower than 100. Several PokéDex entries mention how fast it can go.
    Last edited by Blaze The Movie Fan; 21st March 2014 at 6:31 PM.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

    I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.


  2. #20252
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon X Master Girl View Post
    How do you breed a baby pokemon with Perfect IVs an Correct Nature at the same time? O:

    I'm about to receive a Shiny Quiet 6IV Chingling from someone and I was wondering how could someone breed a Baby Pokemon with Perfect IVs an Correct Nature at the same time.
    Hatching some baby Pokemon with 6IV's and proper nature is the same as hatching a regular Pokemon like that. Give one parent the Destiny Knot and the other an Everstone with the proper nature, and IV breed like usual. These would be the baby Pokemon that don't require an incense to obtain, though, such as Tyrogue and Riolu. If it's something that requires and incense like Chingling, it's possible that they had one parent hold the incense while the other had the Destiny Knot to pass on the perfect IV's, and kept hatching until one with the desired nature appeared.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  3. #20253
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psynergy View Post
    Hatching some baby Pokemon with 6IV's and proper nature is the same as hatching a regular Pokemon like that. Give one parent the Destiny Knot and the other an Everstone with the proper nature, and IV breed like usual. These would be the baby Pokemon that don't require an incense to obtain, though, such as Tyrogue and Riolu. If it's something that requires and incense like Chingling, it's possible that they had one parent hold the incense while the other had the Destiny Knot to pass on the perfect IV's, and kept hatching until one with the desired nature appeared.
    Yeah, I meant a baby Pokemon that needed a incense sorry.
    The person who hatched that Chingling must've been so lucky O:

    Though I am looking for more answers?


    Check Out My Shiny/Event/Legendary List Here!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

  4. #20254
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    105 is still very fast.

    Sure many Pokémon like Alakazam and Floatzel can outspeed it, but I still consider any stat above 100 to be high.

    The thing that's really surprising is the fact that Arcanine's speed is lower than 100. Several PokéDex entries mention how fast it can go.
    I just wished that it had higher base stat for speed because it would've been awesome to use it in competitive battle. As you already noticed, Arcanine is my favorite Pokemon but it has alot of things going against it.

  5. #20255
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon X Master Girl View Post
    Yeah, I meant a baby Pokemon that needed a incense sorry.
    The person who hatched that Chingling must've been so lucky O:

    Though I am looking for more answers?
    That's literally the only way to do it. IV breed Chimecho until you get one with 5 or 6 IVs, then have it hold an Incense while breeding it with a flawless Pokemon holding the Destiny Knot. Breed until you get a Chingling with the right nature/IV combo. It takes longer to get this combo, obviously, but it's definitely possible.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  6. #20256
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Inside Vespiquen. With Combees
    Posts
    137

    Default

    What will happen to Game Sync if I restart my file?

  7. #20257
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pallet Town
    Posts
    148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    That's literally the only way to do it. IV breed Chimecho until you get one with 5 or 6 IVs, then have it hold an Incense while breeding it with a flawless Pokemon holding the Destiny Knot. Breed until you get a Chingling with the right nature/IV combo. It takes longer to get this combo, obviously, but it's definitely possible.
    The person who hatched that shiny Chingling would be so lucky then O:

    ------------——---------------------------

    Can Gen5 (BW / B2W2 ) Egg Moves pass down in Gen6 as normal egg moves?


    Check Out My Shiny/Event/Legendary List Here!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

  8. #20258
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home I'll never know
    Posts
    9,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silicone View Post
    What will happen to Game Sync if I restart my file?
    Nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon X Master Girl View Post
    Can Gen5 (BW / B2W2 ) Egg Moves pass down in Gen6 as normal egg moves?
    Only if they're also Egg moves in Gen VI.

  9. #20259
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    562

    Default

    If I were to use Calm Mind with Stored Power, would Stored Power's effect activate twice due to how Calm Mind raises two stats?

  10. #20260
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home I'll never know
    Posts
    9,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShiningKnightXY View Post
    If I were to use Calm Mind with Stored Power, would Stored Power's effect activate twice due to how Calm Mind raises two stats?
    With one Calm Mind boost, the base power would increase from 20 to 60.

  11. #20261
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    562

    Default

    That's all I needed to know, thank you.

  12. #20262
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Do we know if the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games' soundtracks will get iTunes releases like the main series games?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
        Spoiler:- Friend Code & Trade Offers:

  13. #20263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GravityStorm View Post
    Do we know if the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games' soundtracks will get iTunes releases like the main series games?
    PMD has been paid no attention at all in this regard. If they were to happen it likely would not be as part of this series of releases, as they would fall under different auspices than the soundtracks from the core titles.



    -----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

  14. #20264
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Twinleaf Town
    Posts
    692

    Default

    Does a 6IV Pokemon help with breeding? I've been wanting to get one because I keep getting Pokemon that don't have a certain IV at rare times and I want it to stay there no matter what without using a power item.
    Shiny Count: 50

    Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

    Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

  15. #20265
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,381

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shayminslicker View Post
    Does a 6IV Pokemon help with breeding? I've been wanting to get one because I keep getting Pokemon that don't have a certain IV at rare times and I want it to stay there no matter what without using a power item.
    In 6th Gen especially, a 6IV Pokemon is very helpful with breeding. Since with the Destiny Knot, 5 of the IV's between the parents get passed down, a parent with all perfect IV's would allow you to more easily hatch Pokemon with better IV's. Usually, a 6IV Ditto is ideal for this sort of thing, but any male 6IV Pokemon helps a lot as well.
    SPPf Bros. Kerfuffle //AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Mienfoo



  16. #20266
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South East England
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Hiya everyone

    How does the 1.5x boost to S.A from Solar power stack with the .5x boost to Fire moves when combined with Sunny Day?

    Thank you!
    My Safari is GROUND with PHANPY & NINCADA
    Friend Code: 1246-9924-8434

    MY GEN 5 DREAMWORLD FEMALES: N/A until My PokeBank is complete!, I still have half left to go, sorry

    I also have Pokerus that I can spread, just ask.
    PLEASE RESPECT THE FACT THAT I ONLY ACCEPT LEGITIMATE POKEMON.
    I WILL NOT ACCEPT EXTERNALLY MODIFIED, RNG'D, GLITCHED, CLONED OR ANY KIND OF CHEATED POKEMON, THANK YOU.

  17. #20267
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    5

    Default

    (1)Hello. does anybody know any filter in GTS, besides the 'no special pkmn' filter?
    (2)Any shiny filter/filter based on pkmn's stats,IVs,..etc.

    The comment section in GTS is pretty shady,..
    Somebody claims to have a 5IV pkmn, right,..a stat with a '5' on it.
    Checked with the IV cal on this site. that pkmn is,..[]
    TBH, not quite interested in that pkmn(drilbur) besides it can fill one of the dex entries.
    Can swap it with other ppl who are more interested in it.
    But that guy, probably tries to 'screw' some ppl over in making that claim on the comment section and 'he' also stated it in his message section shown to passerbys and others.
    Not angry on the pkmn swap, coz don't believe those 'nice comments' about the pkmn 'he swaps' and it benefits 'him' if you are angry.
    But it highlights the GTS's deficiencies if the filters are absent.

    Anyway, be careful when seeing nice,beautiful descriptions in the comment section.
    That drilbur's nature, char, and stats are really useful for 'him' to annoy other ppl, not me.
    That 'guy's name is 'r***i', be careful when you saw this.

    Thx.

  18. #20268
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The North (Pole) of France
    Posts
    591

    Default

    I usually tend to say the truth in the comment section apart from when I am not describing the pokemon but explaining what I want...so it's not really easy to know if I am talking about the pokémon or not when I write "HA 4 31Ivs"...It could also be what I want in the pokémon traded...
    3DS Friend Code: 2895 6298 8523. PM me if you add me ^^
    I am a grass type with Ivysaur, Pansage and Gogoat
    Looking for Friend Safaris with : Vullaby, Inkay, Swirlix, Emolga, Galvantula, Tranquill, tropius, Maractus, Nincada, Ariados, Muk, Foretress, Bronzong, Excadrill, Krabby, Azumarill
    PM me if you have one of those


    Restarted X: Currently going to Café Lysandre
    For those who added me before try to connect more often, I'll also try in order to get you back on my PSS

    Little brother Friend code: 4270-2625-9622
    Grass safari: Oddish-Petilil-??? (He has 5 badges currently)
    please help him fill his friend safari

  19. #20269
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t5ca178 View Post
    (1)Hello. does anybody know any filter in GTS, besides the 'no special pkmn' filter?
    (2)Any shiny filter/filter based on pkmn's stats,IVs,..etc.

    The comment section in GTS is pretty shady,..
    Somebody claims to have a 5IV pkmn, right,..a stat with a '5' on it.
    Checked with the IV cal on this site. that pkmn is,..[]
    TBH, not quite interested in that pkmn(drilbur) besides it can fill one of the dex entries.
    Can swap it with other ppl who are more interested in it.
    But that guy, probably tries to 'screw' some ppl over in making that claim on the comment section and 'he' also stated it in his message section shown to passerbys and others.
    Not angry on the pkmn swap, coz don't believe those 'nice comments' about the pkmn 'he swaps' and it benefits 'him' if you are angry.
    But it highlights the GTS's deficiencies if the filters are absent.

    Anyway, be careful when seeing nice,beautiful descriptions in the comment section.
    That drilbur's nature, char, and stats are really useful for 'him' to annoy other ppl, not me.
    That 'guy's name is 'r***i', be careful when you saw this.

    Thx.
    Not really sure what you're getting at here, but you have to remember that not everyone who plays this game is an adult who understands natures, abilities, IVs, and EVs. A lot of people on the GTS are kids, and kids sometimes don't understand what "IVs" are. They might see people offering "5IVs" and think "oh, people want Pokemon with a 5 in their stats" and offer that, and think they're doing the right thing. You can sometimes tell from the way things are worded in the comment section if you're dealing with a kid or a scammer or someone who knows what they're offering. The person might also accidentally have a description from a previous trade, or maybe they've written what they're looking for instead of what they have. It's hard to tell with only 15 characters to work with. So basically, when trading on the GTS, just always be wary and don't ever give away anything valuable just in case.

    Another thing I've noticed on the GTS is that people simply DON'T KNOW that you can't offer/receive event Pokemon (such as Mew, Celebi, Shaymin, Darkrai). Some people ask for those Pokemon because they're showing off their shinies, yes. But some people legitimately have not figured out that you physically can't trade those, because they'll have comments like, "Pls I rlly need 1" or "never got the event" or whatever. Those people I honestly believe just don't know that you can't trade for events. And they'll offer shinies for them, too. I would love to be able to trade some of my shiny clones of those events to people and make their day, but I can't.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ze DreamGirl View Post
    I usually tend to say the truth in the comment section apart from when I am not describing the pokemon but explaining what I want...so it's not really easy to know if I am talking about the pokémon or not when I write "HA 4 31Ivs"...It could also be what I want in the pokémon traded...
    I'm always truthful in the comment section. If I say something is HA with 4IVs, then it is. There are honest people out there. I think that most people in the comment section put what the Pokemon IS rather than what they're looking for, because if they're looking for something, then they often have "LF" before their comment or "pls" after it.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  20. #20270
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The North (Pole) of France
    Posts
    591

    Default

    Oh I forgot I could put LF after the text...the problem is when I put a 5Iv pokemon and want the same one but foreign for Masuda Method purposes...

    I put a 4-5IV pokemon and say as much in the comment but I am also looking for one to make the trade fair...
    3DS Friend Code: 2895 6298 8523. PM me if you add me ^^
    I am a grass type with Ivysaur, Pansage and Gogoat
    Looking for Friend Safaris with : Vullaby, Inkay, Swirlix, Emolga, Galvantula, Tranquill, tropius, Maractus, Nincada, Ariados, Muk, Foretress, Bronzong, Excadrill, Krabby, Azumarill
    PM me if you have one of those


    Restarted X: Currently going to Café Lysandre
    For those who added me before try to connect more often, I'll also try in order to get you back on my PSS

    Little brother Friend code: 4270-2625-9622
    Grass safari: Oddish-Petilil-??? (He has 5 badges currently)
    please help him fill his friend safari

  21. #20271
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t5ca178 View Post
    (1)Hello. does anybody know any filter in GTS, besides the 'no special pkmn' filter?
    (2)Any shiny filter/filter based on pkmn's stats,IVs,..etc.

    The comment section in GTS is pretty shady,..
    Somebody claims to have a 5IV pkmn, right,..a stat with a '5' on it.
    Checked with the IV cal on this site. that pkmn is,..[]
    TBH, not quite interested in that pkmn(drilbur) besides it can fill one of the dex entries.
    Can swap it with other ppl who are more interested in it.
    But that guy, probably tries to 'screw' some ppl over in making that claim on the comment section and 'he' also stated it in his message section shown to passerbys and others.
    Not angry on the pkmn swap, coz don't believe those 'nice comments' about the pkmn 'he swaps' and it benefits 'him' if you are angry.
    But it highlights the GTS's deficiencies if the filters are absent.

    Anyway, be careful when seeing nice,beautiful descriptions in the comment section.
    That drilbur's nature, char, and stats are really useful for 'him' to annoy other ppl, not me.
    That 'guy's name is 'r***i', be careful when you saw this.

    Thx.
    There are filters on the screen that shows offers that allow you to do one of two things:
    1) Look for people asking for Pokemon you have, removing trades you can't complete.
    2) Look for people from either your country or a country that's not yours.

    There are no other filters on the Gen VI GTS.

  22. #20272
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home I'll never know
    Posts
    9,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainerBen View Post
    How does the 1.5x boost to S.A from Solar power stack with the .5x boost to Fire moves when combined with Sunny Day?
    Solar Power will boost the Special Attack stat by 50%, and Sunny Day will boost the base power of Fire-type moves 50%.

    That's how they stack.

    Quote Originally Posted by t5ca178 View Post
    The comment section in GTS is pretty shady,..
    It preys on the gullible.

    Don't be gullible.

  23. #20273
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    How can I get the RageCandyBar in the Desert Resort in Pokémon Black ? I defeated Ghetsis, N and Team Plasma but I still can't get Juniper to give me this item...
    I know I can get one in Icirrus City but I was wondering why I couldn't get one from Juniper...
    « Be the leaf... »

    my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

  24. #20274
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    South East England
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    Solar Power will boost the Special Attack stat by 50%, and Sunny Day will boost the base power of Fire-type moves 50%.

    That's how they stack.
    So the percentages are worked out indepently of each other then piled on during damage calculation??

    thanks
    My Safari is GROUND with PHANPY & NINCADA
    Friend Code: 1246-9924-8434

    MY GEN 5 DREAMWORLD FEMALES: N/A until My PokeBank is complete!, I still have half left to go, sorry

    I also have Pokerus that I can spread, just ask.
    PLEASE RESPECT THE FACT THAT I ONLY ACCEPT LEGITIMATE POKEMON.
    I WILL NOT ACCEPT EXTERNALLY MODIFIED, RNG'D, GLITCHED, CLONED OR ANY KIND OF CHEATED POKEMON, THANK YOU.

  25. #20275
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Is my Pokemon White V2 Fake? Part 2.

    Take a look if you may and please make sure you compare them with your own version of Pokemon White V2 Please! Screenshot is posted below! Thank you!

    2014-03-26 11-53-30.731.jpg
    Last edited by Lydia; 26th March 2014 at 3:07 PM.

Page 811 of 867 FirstFirst ... 711761801807808809810811812813814815821861 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •