View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 813 of 874 FirstFirst ... 713763803809810811812813814815816817823863 ... LastLast
Results 20,301 to 20,325 of 21847

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

I hope here is the right place to ask this. Does Pokebank still have a free trial? And if so, How much longer will it have a free trial for those who want to download it for the first time? (I don't mean the 30 days after you downloaded it).
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    What is battle test on Pokemon X/Y? It keeps appearing when I battle but I can't figure out what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    I think he means when you do online battles, all of those boxes come up that tell you things about your game, like how many eggs you've hatched and the number of encounters you've had. I've also being trying to figure out what Battle Test meant. I probably could've googled it, but oh well.
    This is exactly what I mean. To be more specific, whenever I have a WiFi battle it always says 'Battle test: 637 points'. And I'm not sure entirely what battle test is.
    I Googled it and "Battle Test" is when you do five consecutive battles at the Battle Institute. How you get points seems to be up in the air, but Serebii has a page about the Battle Institute.
    Battle Institute. It isn't a new thing, but it wasn't one of the more popular additions in gen 5. I think it's to the left of the train station in Lumiose if memory serves. How many points you get has to do with how many Super Effective moves you get, how many Not Very Effective moves you force your opponent into getting, how few Pokemon you lose in the process of winning, and, of course, actually winning the battle. I want to say my score the one time I tried it was around 5.5k.

Quote Originally Posted by 2rsa View Post
    I hope here is the right place to ask this. Does Pokebank still have a free trial? And if so, How much longer will it have a free trial for those who want to download it for the first time? (I don't mean the 30 days after you downloaded it).
    Unfortunately, the free trial period was only until March 14th. So it's been over for a couple of weeks now.
    Last edited by Canto; 28th March 2014 at 8:53 AM.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanic Typhlosion View Post
    Unfortunately, the free trial period was only until March 14th. So, if you want to use Pokémon Bank, you're going to have to pay for it.
    Thanks. I've read that some where before but whenever I check it in the eshop its says 0.00$.
    Most recent shiny:

Quote Originally Posted by 2rsa View Post
    Thanks. I've read that some where before but whenever I check it in the eshop its says 0.00$.
    Yeah, you can download the app for free but then when you try to use it you'll have to pay the $5 fee.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

Quote Originally Posted by Volcanic Typhlosion View Post
    Yeah, you can download the app for free but then when you try to use it you'll have to pay the $5 fee.
    So that's what it is. Thanks for the answer. ^W^
    Most recent shiny:

Okay, so I have seen tons of people saying they were getting shinies from Friend Safaris. Does the FS increase the odds of getting a shiny? You can't chain in there, so is it just purely random encounter + shiny charm?
    Last edited by Dragonair7; 28th March 2014 at 6:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    Okay, so I have seen tons of people saying they were getting shinies from Friend Safaris. Does the FS increase the odds of getting a shiny? You can't chain in there, so is it just purely random encounter + shiny charm?
    The Friend Safari shiny rate is still unofficial, but The Scientist, a member here, did an experiment where he and some friends encountered over 74,000 Pokemon in the Friend Safari and used statistical tests in R to show that the shiny rate is most likely 1/512, which is the exact same official shiny rate of the Masuda Method in XY. 74,000 is more than a sufficiently large sample size, and I do not believe that it is simply coincidence that he found the shiny rate to be 1/512. To me, this experiment is more than enough evidence to support what I've been saying all along - that there are increased shiny chances in the Friend Safari. You can read about the results of the experiment here. Read his follow-up posts as well, because he adds on more data than just the first post.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 28th March 2014 at 7:08 PM.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

The Friend Safari shiny rate is still unofficial, but The Scientist, a member here, did an experiment where he and some friends encountered over 74,000 Pokemon in the Friend Safari and used statistical tests in R to show that the shiny rate is most likely 1/512, which is the exact same official shiny rate of the Masuda Method in XY. 74,000 is more than a sufficiently large sample size, and I do not believe that it is simply coincidence that he found the shiny rate to be 1/512. To me, this experiment is more than enough evidence to support what I've been saying all along - that there are increased shiny chances in the Friend Safari. You can read about the results of the experiment here. Read his follow-up posts as well, because he adds on more data than just the first post.
    Okay, thanks. That's pretty impressive. Also, I'm relieved to hear that the shiny charm doesn't affect the odds of getting a shiny in the Friend Safari, because I don't have it yet!
    Last edited by Dragonair7; 29th March 2014 at 2:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonair7 View Post
    Okay, thanks. That's pretty impressive. Also, I'm relieved to hear that the shiny charm doesn't affect the odds of getting a shiny, because I don't have it yet!
    The Shiny Charm does affect the odds of getting a shiny via MM and random encounters, but whether or not it helps in the Friend Safari is unknown, and according to the data presented, it doesn't affect shinies in the Friend Safari.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Breeding questions:

How do I get the following:

Drifloon w/ Tailwind and Defog
    Igglypuff w/ Perish Song

Noboy learns those moves through level up in X/Y and is also in their egg group.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Breeding questions:

How do I get the following:

Drifloon w/ Tailwind and Defog
    Igglypuff w/ Perish Song

Noboy learns those moves through level up in X/Y and is also in their egg group.
    For Defog and Tailwind on Drifloon, you'll need to get one from Gen 4 that knows those moves. Yes, they are egg moves for Drifloon in Gen 6, but the only parents that can learn those moves are Drifloon and Drifblim through previous Gen games. Of course, Castform can also be used for breeding Tailwind, but it also requires past gen tutors.
    For getting Perish Song on Igglybuff, you'll need to chain breed using the following chain: Politoed/Lapras -> Marill -> Jigglypuff.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Ruler View Post
    For Defog and Tailwind on Drifloon, you'll need to get one from Gen 4 that knows those moves. Yes, they are egg moves for Drifloon in Gen 6, but the only parents that can learn those moves are Drifloon and Drifblim through previous Gen games. Of course, Castform can also be used for breeding Tailwind, but it also requires past gen tutors.
    For getting Perish Song on Igglybuff, you'll need to chain breed using the following chain: Politoed/Lapras -> Marill -> Jigglypuff.
    Thanks a lot!
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

I have a question.

If I were to take a Golem out of PokéBank, would its attack stat be increased because of the increased base attack stat in this generation?
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze The Movie Fan View Post
    I have a question.

If I were to take a Golem out of PokéBank, would its attack stat be increased because of the increased base attack stat in this generation?
    It should, yes.

What happens if I save in a Pokémon outbreak (swarm) area in HeartGold ? Will the swarming Pokémon stay in the following days as long as I don't quit this same area ?
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    What happens if I save in a Pokémon outbreak (swarm) area in HeartGold ? Will the swarming Pokémon stay in the following days as long as I don't quit this same area ?
    No, the swarm Pokemon automatically changes the next day.

As many may know, Foul Play takes your opponent's attack power and uses it against them. It also has a base power of 95. Now what I'd like to know is that does its actual damage also take the user's attack into account? Also, how much of the opponent's stat does Foul Play use exactly? Is the base power used at all?
    Darkness is just a friend you can't see!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Trot Away View Post
    As many may know, Foul Play takes your opponent's attack power and uses it against them. It also has a base power of 95. Now what I'd like to know is that does its actual damage also take the user's attack into account? Also, how much of the opponent's stat does Foul Play use exactly? Is the base power used at all?
    It calculates the damage using the target's Attack stat in place of the user's Attack stat.

That's it.

On what kind of event is the announcing of eventual next pokemon game? At what times does this usually happen? Like is it E3 mostly or something more nintendo-specific?
    Almost done with my pokedex. Only missing two moon stone-evolutions, Clefable and Musharna.

I am also looking for someone to tradeback a Dialga and Palkia, Thornadus/Thundurus & Landorus

Please let me know if you can help me.

Friendsafari: Slugma, Pansear, Braxien
    FC: 0834-1823-9377
    Feel free to add my FC and leave yours

Quote Originally Posted by kjthek1ng View Post
    On what kind of event is the announcing of eventual next pokemon game? At what times does this usually happen? Like is it E3 mostly or something more nintendo-specific?
    There's not really any "event". In the case of Pokemon X & Y, they announced it through a special Nintendo Direct, aka, "Pokemon Direct", and I imagine they'd probably do likewise for any future installments. If they have it ready to be announced around the time of E3, they may do it then, but otherwise, there isn't any special event or anything.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by kjthek1ng View Post
    It's usually something Pokemon-specific; Pokemon is a large enough franchise with comparatively infrequent major releases, and they don't want to risk it overshadowing something else.

I'm curious.How intelligent does the AI get in the maison?
    Say I used a choice scarf durant in a team- would it have the brains to choice scarf another faster pokemon to counter it through time(like a scarf aerodactyl or something as ridiculous),or am I overthinking it?

(PMing your response would be appreciated )

Quote Originally Posted by Archstaraptor View Post
    I'm curious.How intelligent does the AI get in the maison?
    Say I used a choice scarf durant in a team- would it have the brains to choice scarf another faster pokemon to counter it through time(like a scarf aerodactyl or something as ridiculous),or am I overthinking it?

(PMing your response would be appreciated )
    The AI is nothing special in the Maison, in fact it does some pretty stupid things with some of its moves (Will o Wisping a teammate is a common one).
    Also, it doesn't bother countering your Pokémon, it just happens that you'll run into teams consisting of Pokémon that are strong against your set-up once in a while. What you face is selected at random.

Can someone provide me a list of all Pokémon that lose a base stat upon evolution and which stats they lose?

I know Magmar and Skyther lose their speed stat upon evolution. And I know Nincada loses base stat total upon evolving, (into Shedinja I mean) but I'm sure there are more and I want a list of all of them. (not counting mega evolutions.) Thank you very much.
    I'm a huge Pokémon fan and also love movies.

I'm also a video maker on YouTube. If you wanna see my YouTube channel click here.

Page 813 of 874 FirstFirst ... 713763803809810811812813814815816817823863 ... LastLast