Is it better to train a jolly or adamant Dragon dance Dragonite w/ Multiscale and Lum berry? Oh and with Extreme speed as one of it's moves as well.
Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.
Looking to trade for apricorn and rare ball pokemon I don't have!
Originally Posted by Inconspicuosaurus
3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560
Liven life with a big Surf's Up!My ASB Profile
At my local UK Game Store, the system prevented the Cashier to give me a third code.
Remember you can Breed the give away "prizes".
SMod, One of the writers for the PotW, and someone you'll be hearing from often if you fail to read the rules
Take a moment, remind yourself
To take a moment and find yourself
Is it possible that there will be a mega sceptile or swampert?
I have a couple of questions about movesets. If this is in the wrong place, I thoroughly apologise, but I thought that this would be the easiest place to ask.
The first is as follows: I can't decide on a decent moveset for Donphan. The only part of it I know I want is Counter in order to counter Scizor's deadly Bullet Punch. However, aside from that, I can't decide what I'll need. My Phanpy is currently Relaxed, with IVs in everything except SpA. I plan to EV train it with 252 Attack, 252 Defence and 4 HP. I was considering using it as a Physical Tank. Can anyone suggest an adequate moveset fitting of this role?
The second question is this: is it possible to get the three Egg Moves Counter, Curse and Stealth Rock on the same Bastiodon? Try as I might, I can't find any easy way, and I thought I'd ask someone more experienced in breeding Egg Moves than me.
Thanks in advance!
Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus
I have a question about Gyro Ball.
I did a little research on it for my Ferrothorn and made sure it gets low speed stats, nature, etc, since that all, plus speed stat chances, affect Gyro Ball. So, I want to run Curse since it lowers speed, which makes it more powerful. Now my question is, and the answer might be very obvious, does the attack boost of Curse, or any other attack boost, affect Gyro Ball's damage at all?
To the best of knowledge the difference in speed just effects the base power of the move, so attack should still boost the end damage.
If it's just basepower and is affected, that'd be insane though, because you basically get a double boost (though I suppose mathematically they probably differ from how much of a boost you get)
"Deals damage. Its Base Power depends on the difference between the Speed of the user and that of the target. Base Power is calculated thus:
Base Power = (Target's current Speed / User's current Speed) * 25, rounded down, + 1, but not more than 150."
shamelessly copy and pasted from smogon's description of the move.
By the sounds of it my earlier post is correct.
Yeah, it seems so. That's beast though. Thanks a lot!
1) Get a male Bergmite and ensure it has Curse, which it learns at level 22.
2) Get a male Tyrunt and ensure it has Stealth Rock, which it learns at level 15. (If you chose Amaura, breed a baby Amaura and offer it on the GTS for a Tyrunt. You'll get one in no time.)
3) Get a female Rhyhorn.
4) Get a male Lucario (Riolu can't breed) and ensure it has Counter, which is learned at level 6.
6) Get a female Shieldon/Bastiodon.
7) Breed the Shieldon/Bastiodon with the Bergmite until you get a female Shieldon with Curse.
8) Breed the Shieldon with Curse with the Tyrunt until you get a female Shieldon with Curse and Stealth Rock. (Don't worry about the Day-Care overwriting the moves; those changes only take effect when you retrieve the Pokemon).
9) Breed the Rhyhorn with the Lucario until you get a male Rhyhorn with Counter.
10) Breed the Shieldon with Curse and Stealth Rock with the Rhyhorn with Counter. The resulting Shieldon should have all three egg moves.
And one thing to consider about Donphan: would it be better to have HP EVs instead of Defense if you're running Counter, since the move works off of damage taken, and if you boost defense you'll weaken Counter?
Last edited by Inferno Vulpix; 14th April 2014 at 10:46 PM.
And I'll consider that, thanks! You can probably tell I'm pretty new to creating movesets, can't you?
Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus
Depends on the set, but typically Assault Vest.