View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 817 of 877 FirstFirst ... 717767807813814815816817818819820821827867 ... LastLast
Results 20,401 to 20,425 of 21902

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard View Post
    What is the earliest point you have to use / can use Rock Smash outside of battle in HGSS?
    Rock Smash can be used outside of battle in HGSS after you obtain the Zephyr Badge.

Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!
    I have claimed Drapion and Karis from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

Can you get multiple codes for the Spring 2014 Magmar / Electabuzz Event?

My friend and I will be going to JB Hifi, EB Games and Target soon, and hoping if we can get multiple codes from the staff and all.

Can we just ask for more then 1 code?

Need this answered as soon as possible! =<

Check Out My Shiny/Event/Legendary List Here!
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukuyomi56 View Post
    Rock Smash can be used outside of battle in HGSS after you obtain the Zephyr Badge.
    No, I mean where is the first actual Rock Smash rock in the overworld? Once you obtain the ability to use it, where is the first place that you then actually have an opportunity to use it?

No, I mean where is the first actual Rock Smash rock in the overworld? Once you obtain the ability to use it, where is the first place that you then actually have an opportunity to use it?
    Ruins of Alph.

Is it better to train a jolly or adamant Dragon dance Dragonite w/ Multiscale and Lum berry? Oh and with Extreme speed as one of it's moves as well.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Is it better to train a jolly or adamant Dragon dance Dragonite w/ Multiscale and Lum berry? Oh and with Extreme speed as one of it's moves as well.
    It depends on your preference. If you're already powering up with Dragon Dance, AND it has ExtremeSpeed, I see little need for the Jolly nature. Adamant would be more fitting for what you're aiming for, but it's your call!
    Darkness is just a friend you can't see!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon X Master Girl View Post
    Can you get multiple codes for the Spring 2014 Magmar / Electabuzz Event?

My friend and I will be going to JB Hifi, EB Games and Target soon, and hoping if we can get multiple codes from the staff and all.

Can we just ask for more then 1 code?

Need this answered as soon as possible! =<
    You may, however this is up to the staff's digression. However, only one code can be used with one game. The Pokémon you get is only useful if the said Pokémon are not in your Friend Safari lists, and you don't want to trade for it.

At my local UK Game Store, the system prevented the Cashier to give me a third code.

Remember you can Breed the give away "prizes".
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

There is also one in Violet City.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by Trot Away View Post
    It depends on your preference. If you're already powering up with Dragon Dance, AND it has ExtremeSpeed, I see little need for the Jolly nature. Adamant would be more fitting for what you're aiming for, but it's your call!
    Jolly has the benefit of outspeeding base 130's after a DD, while Adamant does not. However, base 130's are relatively rare. It can also give a little bit of a cushion vs. Choice Scarfers after a DD, although notable ones like Garchomp will still outspeed you after a DD. They're both viable natures for Dragonite, really. Just depends if you'd like that little extra speed vs. little extra power.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Is it possible that there will be a mega sceptile or swampert?

Quote Originally Posted by jericho1007 View Post
    Is it possible that there will be a mega sceptile or swampert?
    Possibly in future games. No one knows.

I have a couple of questions about movesets. If this is in the wrong place, I thoroughly apologise, but I thought that this would be the easiest place to ask.

The first is as follows: I can't decide on a decent moveset for Donphan. The only part of it I know I want is Counter in order to counter Scizor's deadly Bullet Punch. However, aside from that, I can't decide what I'll need. My Phanpy is currently Relaxed, with IVs in everything except SpA. I plan to EV train it with 252 Attack, 252 Defence and 4 HP. I was considering using it as a Physical Tank. Can anyone suggest an adequate moveset fitting of this role?

The second question is this: is it possible to get the three Egg Moves Counter, Curse and Stealth Rock on the same Bastiodon? Try as I might, I can't find any easy way, and I thought I'd ask someone more experienced in breeding Egg Moves than me.

Thanks in advance!
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Is there any easy way to get shinies? I never got a shiny earlier nor I want to breed Pokémon..
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Victini223 View Post
    Is there any easy way to get shinies? I never got a shiny earlier nor I want to breed Pokémon..
    The Safari has about a 1/500 chance of finding a shiny, just go in and random battle until you find one. Chain fishing is even faster. There's guides out there that explain it in great detail.

I've heard about chaining fishing. I don't have such luck with shinies, though >.<
    ASB | TPC | TCD
    Claimed Typhlosion.

I have a question about Gyro Ball.

I did a little research on it for my Ferrothorn and made sure it gets low speed stats, nature, etc, since that all, plus speed stat chances, affect Gyro Ball. So, I want to run Curse since it lowers speed, which makes it more powerful. Now my question is, and the answer might be very obvious, does the attack boost of Curse, or any other attack boost, affect Gyro Ball's damage at all?

To the best of knowledge the difference in speed just effects the base power of the move, so attack should still boost the end damage.
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.

If it's just basepower and is affected, that'd be insane though, because you basically get a double boost (though I suppose mathematically they probably differ from how much of a boost you get)

"Deals damage. Its Base Power depends on the difference between the Speed of the user and that of the target. Base Power is calculated thus:

Base Power = (Target's current Speed / User's current Speed) * 25, rounded down, + 1, but not more than 150."

shamelessly copy and pasted from smogon's description of the move.

By the sounds of it my earlier post is correct.
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.

Yeah, it seems so. That's beast though. Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Earth Wolf-Howl View Post
    I have a couple of questions about movesets. If this is in the wrong place, I thoroughly apologise, but I thought that this would be the easiest place to ask.

The first is as follows: I can't decide on a decent moveset for Donphan. The only part of it I know I want is Counter in order to counter Scizor's deadly Bullet Punch. However, aside from that, I can't decide what I'll need. My Phanpy is currently Relaxed, with IVs in everything except SpA. I plan to EV train it with 252 Attack, 252 Defence and 4 HP. I was considering using it as a Physical Tank. Can anyone suggest an adequate moveset fitting of this role?

The second question is this: is it possible to get the three Egg Moves Counter, Curse and Stealth Rock on the same Bastiodon? Try as I might, I can't find any easy way, and I thought I'd ask someone more experienced in breeding Egg Moves than me.

Thanks in advance!
    Egg breeding in X & Y is much easier than in previous games, as not only the father, but also the mother can pass on egg moves. This means that you can pass on one move at a time to Bastiodon. I'd recommend this course of action:

1) Get a male Bergmite and ensure it has Curse, which it learns at level 22.

2) Get a male Tyrunt and ensure it has Stealth Rock, which it learns at level 15. (If you chose Amaura, breed a baby Amaura and offer it on the GTS for a Tyrunt. You'll get one in no time.)

3) Get a female Rhyhorn.

4) Get a male Lucario (Riolu can't breed) and ensure it has Counter, which is learned at level 6.

6) Get a female Shieldon/Bastiodon.

7) Breed the Shieldon/Bastiodon with the Bergmite until you get a female Shieldon with Curse.

8) Breed the Shieldon with Curse with the Tyrunt until you get a female Shieldon with Curse and Stealth Rock. (Don't worry about the Day-Care overwriting the moves; those changes only take effect when you retrieve the Pokemon).

9) Breed the Rhyhorn with the Lucario until you get a male Rhyhorn with Counter.

10) Breed the Shieldon with Curse and Stealth Rock with the Rhyhorn with Counter. The resulting Shieldon should have all three egg moves.

And one thing to consider about Donphan: would it be better to have HP EVs instead of Defense if you're running Counter, since the move works off of damage taken, and if you boost defense you'll weaken Counter?
    Last edited by Inferno Vulpix; 14th April 2014 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno Vulpix View Post
    Egg breeding in X & Y is much easier than in previous games, as not only the father, but also the mother can pass on egg moves. This means that you can pass on one move at a time to Bastiodon. I'd recommend this course of action:

1) Get a male Bergmite and ensure it has Curse, which it learns at level 22.

2) Get a male Tyrunt and ensure it has Stealth Rock, which it learns at level 15. (If you chose Amaura, breed a baby Amaura and offer it on the GTS for a Tyrunt. You'll get one in no time.)

3) Get a female Rhyhorn.

4) Get a male Lucario (Riolu can't breed) and ensure it has Counter, which is learned at level 6.

6) Get a female Shieldon/Bastiodon.

7) Breed the Shieldon/Bastiodon with the Bergmite until you get a female Shieldon with Curse.

8) Breed the Shieldon with Curse with the Tyrunt until you get a female Shieldon with Curse and Stealth Rock. (Don't worry about the Day-Care overwriting the moves; those changes only take effect when you retrieve the Pokemon).

9) Breed the Rhyhorn with the Lucario until you get a male Rhyhorn with Counter.

10) Breed the Shieldon with Curse and Stealth Rock with the Rhyhorn with Counter. The resulting Shieldon should have all three egg moves.

And one thing to consider about Donphan: would it be better to have HP EVs instead of Defense if you're running Counter, since the move works off of damage taken, and if you boost defense you'll weaken Counter?
    Thank you very much for the help! I didn't actually realise both genders could pass on Egg Moves; just that any gender with Egg Moves could pass it on with Ditto.

And I'll consider that, thanks! You can probably tell I'm pretty new to creating movesets, can't you?
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Leftovers or Assault vest on an offensive Snorlax?

Depends on the set, but typically Assault Vest.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    Leftovers or Assault vest on an offensive Snorlax?
    For offensive I would use an assault vest, more useful in this situation
    I have claimed

Page 817 of 877 FirstFirst ... 717767807813814815816817818819820821827867 ... LastLast