View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    7 13.73%
  • NO!

    1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 824 of 867 FirstFirst ... 724774814820821822823824825826827828834 ... LastLast
Results 20,576 to 20,600 of 21672

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

  1. #20576
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK - GMT +0
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    Ev training question:

    I just started training a Pokemon in defence but I defeated one def horde whilst holding the wrong item, the HP ev training item rather than the defence item so does this mean I still get 10 def ev's since I had pokerus as well?
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.



    Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.


    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  2. #20577
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Ev training question:

    I just started training a Pokemon in defence but I defeated one def horde whilst holding the wrong item, the HP ev training item rather than the defence item so does this mean I still get 10 def ev's since I had pokerus as well?
    Yes, you get the 10 Defense EVs.
    But also the HP EVs, but that is easily remedied through EV-Reducing Berries, or if you're not in that much, the Reset Bag or Perilous Soup.

  3. #20578
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK - GMT +0
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Yes, you get the 10 Defense EVs.
    But also the HP EVs, but that is easily remedied through EV-Reducing Berries, or if you're not in that much, the Reset Bag or Perilous Soup.
    I had just maxed out HP EV's before I started Def ev training so no damage done. At least I still get the 10 EV's. Thanks for answryong as usual Dirkac ^^
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.



    Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.


    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  4. #20579
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Fairview Park, OH
    Posts
    39

    Default Couple of questions

    I just have two questions for you guys, hopefully they can both be answered.

    1) Does the Speed stat effect a Pokemon's Ability? i.e. if two Pokemon are sent out in a double battle, and they have conflicting abilities (example Groudon, Kyogre).

    2) Does the ability Snow Warning or the move Hail effect the accuracy of Sheer Cold?

  5. #20580
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlchemistAzure View Post
    I just have two questions for you guys, hopefully they can both be answered.

    1) Does the Speed stat effect a Pokemon's Ability? i.e. if two Pokemon are sent out in a double battle, and they have conflicting abilities (example Groudon, Kyogre).

    2) Does the ability Snow Warning or the move Hail effect the accuracy of Sheer Cold?
    1. Yes. If Groudon and Kyogre are sent out at the same time and Groudon is slower, Drought will activate last, therefore Groudon will win the "weather war". Same with mega evolution, you always mega evolve first if your Pokemon is faster.

    2. No


    Pokemon X and ΩR Shiny Hunter

    Latest shiny: (SR 19 hrs 21mins)


    I have claimed Kanga

  6. #20581
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    428

    Default

    So my classmate told me that a Pokemon's attack is boosted x8 the turn it Mega evolves.

    Pokemon urban legends aside, I was wondering if there is any change to the Pokemon the turn it Mega evolves, other than aesthetically and changes to raw stats. (A very small boost, for example)

  7. #20582
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlchemistAzure View Post
    I just have two questions for you guys, hopefully they can both be answered.

    1) Does the Speed stat effect a Pokemon's Ability? i.e. if two Pokemon are sent out in a double battle, and they have conflicting abilities (example Groudon, Kyogre).

    2) Does the ability Snow Warning or the move Hail effect the accuracy of Sheer Cold?
    1) Yes, in a way. The Pokemon that is sent out LAST will have their weather on the field. The Pokemon that is faster is sent out first, and the slower Pokemon sent out second. Therefore, the slower Pokemon will win the weather war and have their weather on the field.

    2) No.

    EDIT: I was majorly Greninja'd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keysmash View Post
    So my classmate told me that a Pokemon's attack is boosted x8 the turn it Mega evolves.

    Pokemon urban legends aside, I was wondering if there is any change to the Pokemon the turn it Mega evolves, other than aesthetically and changes to raw stats. (A very small boost, for example)
    Ahhh, I guess that x8 Attack boost is this generation's "use Strength on the truck to get Mew" urban legend. Pokemon urban legends will never die, I guess.

    The Pokemon does not gain its Mega stats until the turn AFTER it Mega evolves, so no, on the turn it Mega Evolves, there are only aesthetic changes.
    Last edited by varanus_komodoensis; 11th May 2014 at 11:05 PM.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  8. #20583
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post

    Ahhh, I guess that x8 Attack boost is this generation's "use Strength on the truck to get Mew" urban legend. Pokemon urban legends will never die, I guess.

    The Pokemon does not gain its Mega stats until the turn AFTER it Mega evolves, so no, on the turn it Mega Evolves, there are only aesthetic changes.
    He's convinced that the story is true, but I'm pretty sure it only looks that way because his Blaziken is so overleveled. :P

    And I actually thought the new stats came into effect the turn of, but guess not. Thanks for answering!

  9. #20584
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home I'll never know
    Posts
    9,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keysmash View Post
    And I actually thought the new stats came into effect the turn of, but guess not. Thanks for answering!
    They do come into effect the turn of; anyone telling you otherwise is wrong.

  10. #20585
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    They do come into effect the turn of; anyone telling you otherwise is wrong.
    The exception being speed, of course. On the turn of Mega Evolution, it incorporates the base form's speed, and then every turn thereafter uses the Mega Evolution's. Offensive and defensive stat changes take effect immediately on the turn of the Mega Evolution, however.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  11. #20586
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home I'll never know
    Posts
    9,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    The exception being speed, of course. On the turn of Mega Evolution, it incorporates the base form's speed, and then every turn thereafter uses the Mega Evolution's.
    Speed is changed alongside every other stat upon Mega-Evolution. The only reason that it's not an influence on turn order is because that's determined prior to other actions, but the Speed stat is still that of the Mega-Evolution on that turn.

  12. #20587
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    The exception being speed, of course. On the turn of Mega Evolution, it incorporates the base form's speed, and then every turn thereafter uses the Mega Evolution's. Offensive and defensive stat changes take effect immediately on the turn of the Mega Evolution, however.
    I'm assuming HP stays the same. Or is there any difference at all between the HP stat of regular form and Mega?

  13. #20588
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home I'll never know
    Posts
    9,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keysmash View Post
    I'm assuming HP stays the same. Or is there any difference at all between the HP stat of regular form and Mega?
    No Mega-Evolution has an altered base HP from their base form.

  14. #20589
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mt. Silver
    Posts
    116

    Default

    So, with the release of the remakes of Ruby & Sapphire, will there be releases of Pokemon with DW abilities which haven't been released thus far? Also will this game contain the rest of the gems? Because only releasing a 'Normal Gem' seem cruel to me. I want the gems back!
    ...Bore me with you're legendary team; compliment me with your disconnect...

  15. #20590
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Grey View Post
    So, with the release of the remakes of Ruby & Sapphire, will there be releases of Pokemon with DW abilities which haven't been released thus far? Also will this game contain the rest of the gems? Because only releasing a 'Normal Gem' seem cruel to me. I want the gems back!
    You ask a question that no one knows the answer to. We can only speculate, given all the info we have about the game is 20 seconds of footage of Groudon/Kyogre posing. Answers will come in time.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

  16. #20591
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mt. Silver
    Posts
    116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    You ask a question that no one knows the answer to. We can only speculate, given all the info we have about the game is 20 seconds of footage of Groudon/Kyogre posing. Answers will come in time.
    Thought so, but I was hoping someone picked something up somewhere, you just never know these days We'll just have to wait and see I guess.
    ...Bore me with you're legendary team; compliment me with your disconnect...

  17. #20592
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK - GMT +0
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    What new moves has Lunatone got in Gen 6 in order to make it OU worthy?
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.



    Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.


    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  18. #20593
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    What new moves has Lunatone got in Gen 6 in order to make it OU worthy?
    Pretty much nothing of major note.

    I suppose it did get Moonblast and... Confide?
    ... I think that that is actually all it got <.<

  19. #20594
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    428

    Default

    When chaining, is your chain cut if you walk so much as one step out of the grass? I was running around to charge the PokeRadar but I accidentally took one step too many, onto the normal field. I don't know if this affected my chain or not, as the music kept playing (and my chain ended soon after anyways, so I couldn't just count).

  20. #20595
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keysmash View Post
    When chaining, is your chain cut if you walk so much as one step out of the grass? I was running around to charge the PokeRadar but I accidentally took one step too many, onto the normal field. I don't know if this affected my chain or not, as the music kept playing (and my chain ended soon after anyways, so I couldn't just count).
    No, running out of the Grass doesn't end the Chain.

  21. #20596
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    428

    Default

    Is it only if you leave the area then? (for example, going from the route into a town)

  22. #20597
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Crazy Town, Land of Insanity
    Posts
    4,277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keysmash View Post
    Is it only if you leave the area then? (for example, going from the route into a town)
    If I remember correctly, then yes, leaving the area does mean the Chain breaks.

  23. #20598
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    UK - GMT +0
    Posts
    1,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Pretty much nothing of major note.

    I suppose it did get Moonblast and... Confide?
    ... I think that that is actually all it got <.<
    Hmmmm, my friend is teasing me that it got something good which makes it awesome in OU. I'll have to wait and see what he means though.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.



    Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.


    Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

  24. #20599
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home I'll never know
    Posts
    9,901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Hmmmm, my friend is teasing me that it got something good which makes it awesome in OU. I'll have to wait and see what he means though.
    There's nothing that makes it awesome, because it's not awesome. Its stats are terrible for a fully-evolved Pokemon, and it doesn't have access to anything particularly special.

  25. #20600
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    279

    Default

    Can someone please explain to me how Pokebank works.
    Last edited by Pokemon trainer Black; 15th May 2014 at 12:14 PM.
    Not looking for anything right now thanks to Kybosh and Lion Demon their great people .

    Games I have: White,Platinum,Emerald,Firered

    Quote Originally Posted by Hexin' Wishes View Post
    Basically, Pokémon only "play" with other 'mon they want to/can bang. Pokémon are just powerful animal-like frat boys: they're all about fighting, showing off & humping.
    Quote Originally Posted by KantoPkmnMaster View Post
    Sprinkles on a non-chocolate donut. You may be a communist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murder Doll View Post
    Yu-Gi-Oh, it's all about the heart of the hair gel.

Page 824 of 867 FirstFirst ... 724774814820821822823824825826827828834 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •