View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 826 of 877 FirstFirst ... 726776816822823824825826827828829830836876 ... LastLast
Results 20,626 to 20,650 of 21915

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    When breeding a Shiny Pokémon with a non-Shiny Ditto, what are the odds that the offspring will be Shiny, and if those odds are increased, do they stack with the Masuda method?
    Something like 1/1500 without shiny charm and 1/1000 with the shiny charm I think. I don't think the odds increase or stack though as every egg has the same shiny rate.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

So the punchline is that breeding a Shiny yields no increase in the odds of a shiny offspring on its own.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

So the punchline is that breeding a Shiny yields no increase in the odds of a shiny offspring on its own.
    Precisely.

In Gen II this actually is the case - a Pokemon's shininess was determined by its IVs, so breeding it correctly could give you up to a 1/64 chance of hatching another shiny Pokemon. From Gen III onward, though, shininess is determined using TID, PID, and the Pokemon's personality value, so breeding a shiny Pokemon doesn't affect the shininess of the offspring.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

I want to trade event legendaries for other event legendaries, but GTS won't let me. So what should I do? I need it to complete the two remaining empty slots in my Pokedex
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

FT: (all shiny)
    LF: (all shiny)

Pokemon that you receive from an event have a Ribbon that bans them from the GTS.

Credit to cloneydew2000 for the sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    I want to trade event legendaries for other event legendaries, but GTS won't let me. So what should I do? I need it to complete the two remaining empty slots in my Pokedex
    As said above you cannot trade event Legendary Pokemon over the GTS because of the ribbons they have. What you can try is visiting the Trade Forum here & see if maybe you can trade for what you need there instead.

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    You can only trade event Pokemon with people with whom you've exchange Friend Codes.

(Just adding that, in case it wasn't clear).

† I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

"For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only son, that none that believe in him, should perish: but should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

My Animelist

Here's a question, if a pokemon happens to have both Protect and Detect in the same moveset, will it be able to use one and then the other (E.g.: Protect the first turn, Detect the next) without fail? Or do they count as the same and still increase in their chance of failure?
    Last edited by Trot Away; 19th May 2014 at 12:35 PM.
    Darkness is just a friend you can't see!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

What are exactly STAB moves, oh and also some examples if possible
    I'm such a noob
    I have claimed

Quote Originally Posted by thunder2910 View Post
    What are exactly STAB moves, oh and also some examples if possible
    I'm such a noob
    STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) means that if a Pokemon uses a move which is the same type as it, then it will receive a 50% boost in power. So basically, a STAB move is one which is the same type as the Pokemon using it. For example, if a Charizard used the Fire type move Flamethrower the attacks power, which is normally 90, is increased by 50% to 135 because Charizard is also a Fire type. Also, a Pokemon can gain STAB even if it is a duel type (Which means that Charizard will also be able to get STAB from flying type moves, as it is a Fire/Flying type Pokemon).

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by I, Pink Elephant; 19th May 2014 at 3:59 PM.
    "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who

3DS FC: 5069-4145-2414 = Normal type with Kecleon, Dunsparce and Smeargle!

My current shiny pokemon!

Platinum: -
    HeartGold: -
    Black 2: -
    X: - (Clauncher)(Aegislash)(Bergmite, Avalugg)(Florges)(Chesnaught)(Tyrantrum)(Goodra, Flabébé)
    Event: -

Hunting for...

LeafGreen: -
    HeartGold: - //
    Black: -
    X: -

Quote Originally Posted by Dingo282 View Post
    Pokemon that you receive from an event have a Ribbon that bans them from the GTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    As said above you cannot trade event Legendary Pokemon over the GTS because of the ribbons they have. What you can try is visiting the Trade Forum here & see if maybe you can trade for what you need there instead.
    Not all event legenaries have gift ribbons though. However, the GTS happens to bar the trading of ANY event legend (except Phione), regardless of whether or not they have a gift ribbon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trot Away View Post
    Here's a question, if a pokemon happens to have both Protect and Detect in the same moveset, will it be able to use one and then the other (E.g.: Protect the first turn, Detect the next) without fail? Or do they count as the same and still increase in their chance of failure?
    Both Protect and Detect run off the same counter (as does Endure). So using one will lower the success rate of both itself and the other move.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Quote Originally Posted by The Light Ruler View Post
    Both Protect and Detect run off the same counter (as does Endure). So using one will lower the success rate of both itself and the other move.
    Ah, I see, good to know. Thank you for clearing that up!
    Darkness is just a friend you can't see!
    3DS FC: 4227 - 0729 - 3560

My ASB Profile

Quote Originally Posted by I, Pink Elephant View Post
    STAB (Same Type Attack Bonus) means that if a Pokemon uses a move which is the same type as it, then it will receive a 50% boost in power. So basically, a STAB move is one which is the same type as the Pokemon using it. For example, if a Charizard used the Fire type move Flamethrower the attacks power, which is normally 90, is increased by 50% to 135 because Charizard is also a Fire type. Also, a Pokemon can gain STAB even if it is a duel type (Which means that Charizard will also be able to get STAB from flying type moves, as it is a Fire/Flying type Pokemon).

Hope this helps!
    Thanks for the explanation
    I have claimed

Why does using roost make you lose your flying typing for that round?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    Why does using roost make you lose your flying typing for that round?
    Because, if a bird roosts, it means that it lays down to rest, obviously on the ground, in which it does not fly.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Because, if a bird roosts, it means that it lays down to rest, obviously on the ground, in which it does not fly.
    Ohhhhhhh, that makes sense but wouldn't a bird roost in a tree where its nest is though?

Ohhhhhhh, that makes sense but wouldn't a bird roost in a tree where its nest is though?
    Not all bird nests are in trees, however, and why would a bird specifically go to it's tree with it's nest when it's far away and tired, and there's plenty of, well, ground, to just land and swiftly rest up a bit.

Not all bird nests are in trees, however, and why would a bird specifically go to it's tree with it's nest when it's far away and tired, and there's plenty of, well, ground, to just land and swiftly rest up a bit.
    Roost means going to it's nest at night or sunset. or it can also mean the nest itself.

But the bird is still not in the air and vulnerable to attack.
    LLR

P.S.
    East Sea Shellos (blue) with HA available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a All 18 non-event of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.

My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

Doesn't have to go where it's nest is but there's usually always some kind of tree around for it to roost in instead?

Doesn't have to go where it's nest is but there's usually always some kind of tree around for it to roost in instead?
    A few birds will roost on the ground because that is where they are most vulnerable.
    LLR

P.S.

Quote Originally Posted by llr View Post
    A few birds will roost on the ground because that is where they are most vulnerable.
    Why would they want to make themselves vulnerable though? :C

They don't want to be vulnerable but that is their nature. A lot of the water birds nest and roost on the ground. Some desert and grassland birds do to like quail and pheasants. They all tend to be extremely well camouflaged when roosting.
    LLR

P.S.

Quote Originally Posted by llr View Post
    They don't want to be vulnerable but that is their nature. A lot of the water birds nest and roost on the ground. Some desert and grassland birds do to like quail and pheasants. They all tend to be extremely well camouflaged when roosting.
    Okay, thanks for answering. Too bad that rule doesn't apply when battling >.< (Being Camoflauged so they couldn't be hit by E.Q I mean)

Okay, thanks for answering. Too bad that rule doesn't apply when battling >.< (Being Camoflauged so they couldn't be hit by E.Q I mean)
    It doesn't matter how camoflauged you are; if there's an earthquake, you'll be hit by it just by being on the ground or in a tree.

Also, as a birder, I can actually think of more birds that roost on the ground than I can of birds who roost in trees.

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Page 826 of 877 FirstFirst ... 726776816822823824825826827828829830836876 ... LastLast