View Poll Results: No

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

7 13.73%
  • NO!

1,000,000 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 827 of 877 FirstFirst ... 727777817823824825826827828829830831837 ... LastLast
Results 20,651 to 20,675 of 21905

Thread: The Pokemon Questions Thread Again!

So, if I trade an egg from X to Y, and it hatches on another cart who is the OT? I ask as I want to know what happens with Vivilion eggs the pattern matches the OT right?

Thank you
    Last edited by AceTrainerBen; 22nd May 2014 at 10:07 PM.
    My Safari is GROUND with PHANPY & NINCADA
    Friend Code: 1246-9924-8434

MY GEN 5 DREAMWORLD FEMALES: N/A until My PokeBank is complete!, I still have half left to go, sorry

I also have Pokerus that I can spread, just ask.
    PLEASE RESPECT THE FACT THAT I ONLY ACCEPT LEGITIMATE POKEMON.
    I WILL NOT ACCEPT EXTERNALLY MODIFIED, RNG'D, GLITCHED, CLONED OR ANY KIND OF CHEATED POKEMON, THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainerBen View Post
    So, if I trade an egg from X to Y, and it hatches on another cart who is the OT? I ask as I want to know what happens with Vivilion eggs the pattern matches the OT right?

Thank you
    The OT will be off the person who bred the egg so your X OT will appear on the egg. Not your Y OT.

Yes, the pattern matches each individual ID but it's also based on what country you've set your ds as. So unless you get a different 3ds, you will always have the same pattern no matter how many different OT's you have on your 3ds I believe.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the amazing banner.

Pokegyms Ice leader. Masters league Steel leader.

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

Quote Originally Posted by AceTrainerBen View Post

Thank you
    The Pokémon from the Egg will take the New carts's OT. I'm not sure if Vivilion will take the Pattern that was the game the Generated the egg or the game that Hatched it. I'm leaning towards the Game that Generated. I can't test, as both my games are Registered as UK.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    The Pokémon from the Egg will take the New carts's OT. I'm not sure if Vivilion will take the Pattern that was the game the Generated the egg or the game that Hatched it. I'm leaning towards the Game that Generated. I can't test, as both my games are Registered as UK.
    Nutter is correct OT of hatched egg = OT of game that does the hatching.
    The Vivillon pattern will be of the game that Generated the egg not the one that hatches the egg.

Tested many times over.
    LLR

P.S.
    East Sea Shellos (blue) with HA available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a All 18 non-event of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.

My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

Quote Originally Posted by llr View Post
    Nutter is correct OT of hatched egg = OT of game that does the hatching.
    The Vivillon pattern will be of the game that Generated the egg not the one that hatches the egg.

Tested many times over.
    Oh, I see. Thanks for that, everyone. I need a 5IV meadow pattern so am just going through a few ideas atm
    My Safari is GROUND with PHANPY & NINCADA
    Friend Code: 1246-9924-8434

MY GEN 5 DREAMWORLD FEMALES: N/A until My PokeBank is complete!, I still have half left to go, sorry

I also have Pokerus that I can spread, just ask.
    PLEASE RESPECT THE FACT THAT I ONLY ACCEPT LEGITIMATE POKEMON.
    I WILL NOT ACCEPT EXTERNALLY MODIFIED, RNG'D, GLITCHED, CLONED OR ANY KIND OF CHEATED POKEMON, THANK YOU.

An internal battery question. If you were to buy an unopened original gold version would its internal battery be perfect? Scenario 2 if you play gold for a while then pick it up sometime later does the internal battery run down differently if there is a save file versus all save data has been deleted & finally is the internal battery only run down with gameplay hours eg usually expires after 1000 hours rather than playing the game on & off for a few years. Oh & is it only 2nd gen which is really affected by this in regards to making the game totally worthless as you can't save? I know 3rd gen the battery runs out but it only affects the time of day not changing rather than the ability to save. My 1st gen games still seem fine do they have an internal battery? & is this an issue with 4th gen & later gens. Thanks
    Last edited by Shiny Rokon; 23rd May 2014 at 12:06 PM.
    Friend code: 2148 9029 9595

Does anyone know if Event Pokémon can be Shiny ? Like the Pokéball Pattern Vivillon or any event Pokémon they distribute without any information set ?
    « Be the leaf... »

my deviantArt page
    my tumblr page

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    Does anyone know if Event Pokémon can be Shiny ? Like the Pokéball Pattern Vivillon or any event Pokémon they distribute without any information set ?
    Event Pokemon are shiny locked unless the event makes them shiny on purpose. However, event Pokemon found in special locations accessed by event only items can be shiny provided they are not coded to never be shiny.

Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!
    I have claimed Drapion and Karis from Golden Sun: Dark Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Rokon View Post
    An internal battery question. If you were to buy an unopened original gold version would its internal battery be perfect? Scenario 2 if you play gold for a while then pick it up sometime later does the internal battery run down differently if there is a save file versus all save data has been deleted & finally is the internal battery only run down with gameplay hours eg usually expires after 1000 hours rather than playing the game on & off for a few years. Oh & is it only 2nd gen which is really affected by this in regards to making the game totally worthless as you can't save? I know 3rd gen the battery runs out but it only affects the time of day not changing rather than the ability to save. My 1st gen games still seem fine do they have an internal battery? & is this an issue with 4th gen & later gens. Thanks
    Gen 1 and 2 both had Battery powered saves. In Gen 2, the battery also powered the clock. While Gen 1 the save can last about 15 years. My Blue was working fine when I last ran it last October. Gen 2, the battery will die after a few years. Any Unopened Gold/Silver games may already have their battery drained already. However, with a some electronics gear and soldering iron, you can replace the battery.

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of May View Post
    It really depends on the Generation in question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukuyomi56 View Post
    Event Pokemon are shiny locked unless the event makes them shiny on purpose. However, event Pokemon found in special locations accessed by event only items can be shiny provided they are not coded to never be shiny.
    I should point out that Gen 3, there was no Shiny check, and Manapys from Ranger in Gen 4 the shiny-lock could be got around.

In Gen 5, the in-game event Pokémon was shiny locked, as well as the "Box cover" Legendaries where shiny locked. Since most ingame event Pokémon in Gen 5 could be breed, only Victini was only one that couldn't be shiny legally.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Gen 1 and 2 both had Battery powered saves. In Gen 2, the battery also powered the clock. While Gen 1 the save can last about 15 years. My Blue was working fine when I last ran it last October. Gen 2, the battery will die after a few years. Any Unopened Gold/Silver games may already have their battery drained already. However, with a some electronics gear and soldering iron, you can replace the battery.

It really depends on the Generation in question.

I should point out that Gen 3, there was no Shiny check, and Manapys from Ranger in Gen 4 the shiny-lock could be got around.

In Gen 5, the in-game event Pokémon was shiny locked, as well as the "Box cover" Legendaries where shiny locked. Since most ingame event Pokémon in Gen 5 could be breed, only Victini was only one that couldn't be shiny legally.
    You can breed Kyruem and Reshiram in gen 5?
    I didn't know that.
    Or did I misunderstand something.
    LLR

P.S.
    East Sea Shellos (blue) with HA available
    I trade Vivillons for Vivillons and have a All 18 non-event of patterns. Ask!
    Dex 718/718 Thank you ShinyPanda! Living Dex: 711/718.

My Friend Code: 1907-9797-0140. In game name: Sage.
    I'm using this one for trades and to check safaris for folks.
    I'll be periodically deleting older cards from my friend list.
    If you still want access just let me know and I'll be happy to add you again.

When exactly do you have to visit the TM women in Anistar city Pokemon centre to get the free TM's?

And which TM's does she actually give you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fighting View Post
    When exactly do you have to visit the TM women in Anistar city Pokemon centre to get the free TM's?

And which TM's does she actually give you?
    You can get TM35 (Flamethrower) between the hours of 11:00 AM-5:59 PM, TM77 (Psych Up) between the hours of 6:00 PM-7:59 PM, TM90 (Substitute) between the hours of 8:00 PM-3:59 AM, and finally TM32 (Double Team) between the hours of 4:00 AM-10:59 AM.
    Competitive/IGRMT Mod and one of the writers for the PotW.

I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerDraco View Post
    You can get TM35 (Flamethrower) between the hours of 11:00 AM-5:59 PM, TM77 (Psych Up) between the hours of 6:00 PM-7:59 PM, TM90 (Substitute) between the hours of 8:00 PM-3:59 AM, and finally TM32 (Double Team) between the hours of 4:00 AM-10:59 AM.
    Thanks a million!

Quote Originally Posted by llr View Post
    You can breed Kyruem and Reshiram in gen 5?
    I didn't know that.
    Or did I misunderstand something.
    Reshiam and Zekrom shiny locked, and can not breed. I consider them along as "one-Offs" like Mewtwo and Zapdos in Red/Blue. Kyruem doesn't breed, but is not shiny locked.

Victini required that you have the Liberty Ticket which is only given out via an event, which is why I call it an ingame event. I counted Zoura and Zoroak in BW as them.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

Yknot is offline Дми́трий Дми́триевич

Default Ribbons in black and white

are there any ribbons exclusive to black and white? i'm not seeing anything like unova league champion ribbons or anything. i have a metagross in platinum with 66 ribbons. i just want to make sure i have them all before i transfer to xy

Quote Originally Posted by Rautha View Post
    are there any ribbons exclusive to black and white? i'm not seeing anything like unova league champion ribbons or anything. i have a metagross in platinum with 66 ribbons. i just want to make sure i have them all before i transfer to xy
    As far as I know, there are no ribbons in BW or B2W2, aside from event ribbons.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

Silly question, but when you breed a Villon, will its patterning be of the parent, or is that also determined by your region?
    "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who

3DS FC: 5069-4145-2414 = Normal type with Kecleon, Dunsparce and Smeargle!

My current shiny pokemon!

Platinum: -
    HeartGold: -
    Black 2: -
    X: - (Clauncher)(Aegislash)(Bergmite, Avalugg)(Florges)(Chesnaught)(Tyrantrum)(Goodra, Flabébé)
    Event: -

Hunting for...

LeafGreen: -
    HeartGold: - //
    Black: -
    X: -

Quote Originally Posted by I, Pink Elephant View Post
    Silly question, but when you breed a Villon, will its patterning be of the parent, or is that also determined by your region?
    It will be determined by your Region.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    It will be determined by your Region.
    I see. Thanks!
    "There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who

3DS FC: 5069-4145-2414 = Normal type with Kecleon, Dunsparce and Smeargle!

My current shiny pokemon!

Platinum: -
    HeartGold: -
    Black 2: -
    X: - (Clauncher)(Aegislash)(Bergmite, Avalugg)(Florges)(Chesnaught)(Tyrantrum)(Goodra, Flabébé)
    Event: -

Hunting for...

LeafGreen: -
    HeartGold: - //
    Black: -
    X: -

What gems are available in x and y on the site it says they all are but where and how?

Quote Originally Posted by Dedenne1 View Post
    What gems are available in x and y on the site it says they all are but where and how?
    The Normal Gem.
    It can be found in one of the small chambers of Terminus Cave as a Hidden Item.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    The Normal Gem.
    It can be found in one of the small chambers of Terminus Cave as a Hidden Item.
    is there any way for me to obtain the flying gem? it is very handy for acrobatics sceptile...

Quote Originally Posted by The Mustache View Post
    is there any way for me to obtain the flying gem? it is very handy for acrobatics sceptile...
    Nope, sadly the Normal Gem is the only obtainable Gem in X & Y.

Made by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design

If I have a Defiant ability Pokémon with White Herb, and it gets a stat drop from intimidate, what happens? Does -1 get converted to 0, and then I get a +2 attack?

Yknot is offline Дми́трий Дми́триевич

Breeding question. I just started up again after 3 year break. I love how they change breeding. So a pokemon is born in whatever ball the parent is in? if i use ditto does it use the ditto ball or say the Eevee's? also: i have an event shiney evee in a cherish ball, will the offspring be born in a cherish ball? i would really love that if it was

Page 827 of 877 FirstFirst ... 727777817823824825826827828829830831837 ... LastLast