View Poll Results: Favorite 3rd Gen Battle Facility?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Battle Tower

1 3.23%
  • Battle Factory

8 25.81%
  • Battle Pike

3 9.68%
  • Battle Dome

9 29.03%
  • Battle Arena

4 12.90%
  • Battle Palace

2 6.45%
  • Battle Pyramid

4 12.90%
  • Other

0 0%

Thread: Favorite 3rd Gen Battle Facility

Default Favorite 3rd Gen Battle Facility

I've been wondering about this for a long time. Generation 3 brought about the rise of several really cool battle facilities, almost all of which never existed in Generations 1 and 2. From the Battle Tents in Emerald to Trainer Tower in LeafGreed and FireRed, I want to know: Which one do you prefer and why?

My favorite battle facility has to be the Battle Pike at the Battle Frontier. I love how almost anyone can make it to the end and win Battle Points with just a hint of luck and some clever choices. Sometimes you don't even have to battle trainers! I like the overall design of the Battle Pike compared to other similar places in the games, and it's leader, Pike Queen Lucy, is really quite interesting. Her choice of Pokemon can be annoying at first but once you overcome her, the Battle Pike might just be the best battle facility in Emerald.
    Last edited by Lorde; 10th August 2010 at 4:08 AM.

I like the Battle Dome. The tournament style battling always appeals to me.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 4339-2697-2470

It's been while when I was able to play these facilities, but one special what I remember: Battle Palace. It's joy to watch your pokémon battling with random moves.
    I can train effort values, or level up (100.000-150.000xp / day).

Spoiler:- My personality:

I always liked the Battle arena
    Ash nazg durbatulűk, ash nazg gimbatul,
    ash nazg thrakatulűk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakuma
    No morals for you evolutionists.
    Please avoid saying things like that.

I like the battle factory, becasue you get to battle with different Poke'mon than your own.
    I hate the battle factory becasue they have horrible movesets.
    If you agree that Dragonite is simply the happiest dragon around, copy and paste this into your sig and then spread the joy that Dragonites' have! (Started by Dragonite19)
    Do you like any "classic" Mario Games such as Super Mario World, Super Mario Brothers, Super Mario RPG, Super Mario 64, or any other Mario games from systems such as the NES, SNES, N64, or older Game Boy systems? Than join the Classic Mario Games Group! Link: http://www.serebiiforums.com/group.php?groupid=2735

I have claimed Gyarados!

My sig really needs an update, I know. =_=

I personally love the Battle Dome.
    The tournament tree is very nice, and its interesting to see what combination of Pokemon people use in the higher levels of the challenge.
    Currently Doing:
    | Platinum Nuzlocke |
    | YouTube |

I like the battle palace the most
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizardo View Post
    It's joy to watch your pokémon battling with random moves.
    Yes, yes it is
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)
    If you want TORTERRA to make the best ever comeback in Isshu, copy this and paste it in your Sig!(Started by dragonpsychicrules)

Battle Pike.It`s one of the easiest to get to the Frointier Brain.Also its great because,It`s the only place in the Battle Frontier you don`t have to battle annoying trainers one after one.

Smashin' !

Quote Originally Posted by Dragard View Post
    I like the Battle Dome. The tournament style battling always appeals to me.
    That´s exactly why I like the battle dome as well. Plus it´s fun choosing the two pokemon that you think will be a good matchup against the opponents team.
    We can do this the easy way, or we can do it Dawg-style!

I prefer the Battle Tower because its just straight up battling. I hate the one with Spencer, I think the Battle Dome or something.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I like the battle pyramid. I like how the team of Blaziken, Swampert, and Sceptile pwns the pyramid King.
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

Spoiler:- pokemon joke of the week:

I like the Battle Pike because of its unpredictability. You never know what lies beyond each path until it's too late to turn back.

I like the Battle Dome the best because you can actually be in a tournament-like situation. It's been in the anime forever, but never in the games.

^Agreed. I'd really like to see another Battle Dome in the future =] It gives you the look and feel of a real tourney =D
    ~ Return to Hoenn! ~

Quote Originally Posted by TehGr81 View Post
    I like the Battle Pike because of its unpredictability. You never know what lies beyond each path until it's too late to turn back.
    That's probably the best summary of the Battle Pike I've ever heard lol. It's way better than how I put it. I think that appeals to me; the unpredictability of that facility makes me want to take a chance even if a horrible fate awaits me. It's just one of those places in the 3rd Generation I cannot live without.

I see some people prefer the Battle Dome. I've tried it a few times and it's ok but I dislike the tournament-style system they use and sometimes I just don't think those trainer summaries are all that accurate :S

Tough choice between the Arena and the Dome, but I voted the Arena. I liked the idea of quickened battles (three turns to "outperform/KO" the opponent). It had it's advantages and disadvantages, but it was still alot of fun to play through.

The Dome was also fun because it was tournament style. But that was all that I really liked about it. =/

My least favorite, although not asked in this thread, has to be the battle palace. In concept, it was ok ("let the pogeymans fight for themselves!"), but it was frustrating when the pokemon couldn't attack at all. But that's all in the strategy, I supposed....
    Pikawho: 5413 5779 3126 (Pt) / 4941 7679 5057 (SS) / 0474 5386 6385 (Pearl) / 2795 0047 2273 (Black) / 2148 8311 0090 (3DS)

Pic by Giygas.
    Owner of the ChristianAlliance

"Awake, my soul, give me eyes to see the King exalted, deserving and worthy. Awake, my soul, give me words to speak among the nations proclaiming Your glory.
    OH, HOW YOU'VE PROVEN THAT THERE IS NO ONE LIKE YOU! EVER FAITHFUL TO SUCH FAITHLESS MEN LIKE US!"
    Wolves at the Gate - Awaken

Battle Factory.

Probably Battle Factory cause you get to use other pokemon

I like Battle Factory because all the pokemon are pre-raised for you and because of the variety.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

I played in the Battle Dome a lot, probably because of the music. Therefore, I probably like it.