Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: A Real Rival Rouser! (655)

Now I'm hoping Torterra will be the Sinnoh Pokemon for Ash's battle with Darkrai's trainer.

So did Torterra actually win a fight against Paul at all?
    The episode after Ash caught Turtwig, it fought him and lost, the episode it evolved, it lost, the full battle, it lost. And the league battle it lost. Every other pokemon (except Gliscor but might win against Drapion) has knocked out one of Paul's pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    Now I'm hoping Torterra will be the Sinnoh Pokemon for Ash's battle with Darkrai's trainer.
    But then it would probably have one extremely rushed battle which by the looks of it, will get wiped out easily. Besides there are more pokemon that haven't been used yet.
    Last edited by KingMinun; 12th August 2010 at 12:59 PM.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    And get destroyed? i hope he comes back in Ishhu league and has some awesome performances if the writers pay attention to time and arent obliged to rush things i think there nothing left to do now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    Locormus seriously i though you werent on the bandwagon(since you are one of the few person who can still have a good racional opinion on the forum), its not about the evolution, like i said this is the 3 time, they just dont care we notice this things but writers dont they dont ****ing remember what they did 30 episodes ago or wtv and that is just sad but its not justification, they wanted to make Drapion a beast and didnt even remember Torterra needed a win thats just it, no really space for specualtion since there not much to speculate when thing are obvious, they dont give two shits about the fans and the consistency of the show.
    Well, I don't necessarily mind the evolution part, but yeah, just talking about it's trackrecord it has been crud ever since it evolved from Turtwig.

When it was fighting I was literally screaming at the computerscreen for it not to go down at that moment and when it used Synthesis I was a bit rest assured, but then it got that knock out and I thought 'not again'... So it's more that it just didn't get a victory then the evolution having a part to do with it. It's just that this losing streak is worse then the one people were critizing Buizel for, not considering Bertha or Palmer, since they are just too strong... I guess..

Eitherway I'm far more upset that the plotpoints it had weren't even addressed in its last battle. Probably due to being overshadowed by Gliscors return and Infernape being there. That 'Evolution did kill Turtwig' was just a spur of the moment thing..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Did Pikachu really need that win over Torterra or Gliscor? Man this episode didn't impress me at all first of all Ash shouldn't of used Synthesis that's what made Torterra lose he should've recalled it. Second of all Pikachu didn't need that win over Froslass It already got a win at the Sunyshore gym when Torterra didn't. Third of all Infernape taking out Ninjask don't even get me started on that one the writers really must like Infernape and Pikachu but this episode wasn't good at all to me. 3/10

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Well, I don't necessarily mind the evolution part, but yeah, just talking about it's trackrecord it has been crud ever since it evolved from Turtwig.

When it was fighting I was literally screaming at the computerscreen for it not to go down at that moment and when it used Synthesis I was a bit rest assured, but then it got that knock out and I thought 'not again'... So it's more that it just didn't get a victory then the evolution having a part to do with it. It's just that this losing streak is worse then the one people were critizing Buizel for, not considering Bertha or Palmer, since they are just too strong... I guess..

Eitherway I'm far more upset that the plotpoints it had weren't even addressed in its last battle. Probably due to being overshadowed by Gliscors return and Infernape being there. That 'Evolution did kill Turtwig' was just a spur of the moment thing..
    Lol yeah the Synthesis part i though good hes gonna heal and Ash will recalled it then Pin Missiles ko and i was OH SHIFT, i kind laughed at myself while being annoyed at what hapened.

I kept hoping Ash would recall Torterra, then saw him actually doing pretty well, and then Synthesis, I thought, YAY, he can last longer! BOOM, he's down for the count :O
    Well I've calmed down a bit now.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    I kept hoping Ash would recall Torterra, then saw him actually doing pretty well, and then Synthesis, I thought, YAY, he can last longer! BOOM, he's down for the count :O
    Well I've calmed down a bit now.
    And there still is that hollow feeling inside you, am I right? Well, I feel that way.. I feel as if Torterra had so much potential but then just got passed up on in favour of Infernape. I don't see the reason why the writers made it take out Ninjask in particular. All it took in the end (from what I saw, dunno if Stone Edge hit) was that one Mach Punch. Couldn't there have been a more imaginable end to that battle then that?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    And there still is that hollow feeling inside you, am I right? Well, I feel that way.. I feel as if Torterra had so much potential but then just got passed up on in favour of Infernape. I don't see the reason why the writers made it take out Ninjask in particular. All it took in the end (from what I saw, dunno if Stone Edge hit) was that one Mach Punch. Couldn't there have been a more imaginable end to that battle then that?
    Yes you are. Back as a Turtwig, it was amazing, its win against Rampardos was great. It had losts of wins back then, thanks to its speed. Then it evolved, got slower and began losing. But had a new strategy, its defense. And its Swallowing Energy Ball tatic. And they made out Rock Climb would be useful. But in the 2 full battles against Paul, they failed on him, and against Volkner and Bertha too. And in both battles it never got the chance to use its Energy Ball tatic and so much for its defense too. A few hits and its down, even after Healing itself!!!

I predicted this battle to be like the one between ash and Gary, and seems that its still the case again. I really hope Gliscor takes out Drapion instead of a tie. If Drapion draws, it'll really get me mad.

This battle is just great. Buizel went down fast like I was hoping, but I was sad to see Torterra lose. Poor thing.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    This battle is just great. Buizel went down fast like I was hoping, but I was sad to see Torterra lose. Poor thing.
    I'm pretty sure if Torterra pulled out it's Torterra-Pult it would've defeated Drapion but you know the writers they never want to give Torterra one good win. What was the Green Plasma move that Ninjask used against Infernape was it Giga Drain?

Loving the battle, but honestly, Torterra didn't need that. It could have at least gotten 1 win. I know it did quite a bit to Drapion, but seriously. It lost the exact same way it did to Volkner's Electivire. Charge up the rocks and get stopped and thrown off..
    Yes I'm a shipper. There's no need to think anything differently of me though.

PearlShipping Fanfic I'm working on...: Click? :3[Last update: (Sep25) (Chapter 12)]

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    But there are some holes in your logic and I'm gonna poke them.

I can't believe Torkoal has a better league record than Torterra... I just can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I can't believe Torkoal has a better league record than Torterra... I just can't.
    Torterra's the new Torkoal!!!! NO!!!!!!!
    Its safe to say Torterra is his worst grass type now

The battle was good, but it could have been much better. Here's some problem I have with this:

1) Ninjas got 1 hit KO with Mach punch, a fighting move with *0.25 damage? Like seriously? Is the writer desperate enough to give inferape such a cheap win?

2) Tortera loosing again? And loosing to Pin missile after synthisis? It's power is equal match with Drapion, But pin missile manage to take it out at above half health?

3) Gliscor got creamed badly in an Air battle? I know it's going to beat or draw with drapion, but then what's the point of Air battle training?

What would have been much better is if Gliscor defeat Ninjas with impressive Air battling skills to show that it's training was wroth while. And Tortera to take out Drapion because they are evenly matched with power and size.

I honestly don't know what to think about Torterra, but this isn't the best place to discuss it.

Sure Infernape didn't learn Blast Burn, which was ok I guess but it still kicked some butt regardless and Gliscor using Giga Impact on Drapion and then getting away from it by using the backlash from the move had me laughing my head off.

it's funny how the battle turned, first Ash was in the lead, then Paul took over, and now Ash is back in control.

In any case Ninjask and Froslass as I expected don't have any defense either, so it's pretty much official they cheapened Paul out so Ash could win, Drapion and Electrivire being the only endurable pokemon he has.

did anyone else notice that in the latest aired battle against Paul Ash does something very hypocritical;

do you remember Pauls battle against Roark when stealth-rock was used by one of Roark's pokemon? and do you remember the verbal slating that Paul got from Ash and Co. for continuing to send out his other pokemon for battle despite knowing they would get injured by stealth-rock?

well, Ash continued to send out HIS pokemon despite the unavoidable consequence of Drapions toxic (or whatever move it was). i do think that, at first, Ash tried to get arround the efects of toxic by sending out his flying types, but eventually he did have to send out his non-flying types onto a booby-trapped field.

did anyone else notice the hypocracy in this?

Default Warning: SPOILER

Not another cliffhanger!!! I hate those things. And also, down with those "post too short" messages! I hate cliffhangers and that is all I have to say about this episode. But then again... I won't be surprised if Paul wins again... like he always does.

Alright let's see:

Ash vs Paul:

Buizel vs Drapion-It went somewhat how I thought it would. I knew Buizel would get out of Drapion's hold, although I was expecting Water Gun to be the reason but it was because of Buizel's floater thing. Drapion wins, like I and most people thought.

Staraptor vs Drapion-Again, went somewhat how I was expecting. Drapion wins, like I and most people thought.

Torterra vs Drapion-So I was right the first time, too bad I didn't stick with it. So Torterra actually loses does it, interesting. I can't say I'm too surprise, I was starting to get the feeling it probably wouldn't get a win. I'm sure people are complaining about it but I'm fine with it. Paul recalls Drapion at the end, I have no idea what he was saying could explain why he did it, damn language barrier.

Gliscor vs Ninjask-So this fight is before Gliscor vs Infernape...well now I'm getting a little disappointed. I guess Gliscor learned Stone Edge prior to the battle, interesting. Oh no, Gliscor got Poison too, well Gliscor will get the last laugh when it beats you Drapion. Gliscor gets recalled. Shame, I really wanted Gliscor to beat Ninjask, oh well I guess beating Drapion is a lot better then beating Ninjask...you better watch out Ninjask because Infernape is about to do something...

Infernape vs Ninjask-Infernape got Poisoned, darn that Drapion(Drapion is still cool though, this battle makes him even more cool for me). Infernape uses Dig...but Ground moves can't do anything to Flying types, what could Ash be planning, hmm. It sucks when the quality of the video your watching sucks, it's hard to make out what's going on, alright so it went underground did something with Fire and...well what happened? Did it do all that to get rid of the Poison that Drapion left? Anways...Ninjask is doing something and it seems even Paul is shocked by what it's doing, strange. So Infernape beats it with Mach Punch, I don't know how but it looked like Infernape saw a pattern to where Ninjask goes, so it strikes the spot before Ninjask reaches it. Too bad, I was hoping Gliscor would win this battle. Ash recalls Infernape, looks like it's pretty tired...Poor Electrivire has to deal with a Blazed up Infernape soon.

Pikachu vs Froslass-Froslass starts with mist? Really bad quality video, people sound like Pokemon, Pokemon sound like people, people sound like other people...I may have to watch this episode again in better quality. What happened to mist, it looks like Snow/Hail...was it because of Pikachu's Thunderbolt, or did Froslass use Hail all along? Well whatever, the sun is out now. Alright so there is a whole scene missing from the video...good thing Serebii has the pictures up, thanks. So Pikachu gets Frozen and uses Volt Tackle to break it and beat Froslass, just like I said it would, although I thought Froslass would have used Destiny Bond but I was still pretty close. Pikachu gets recalled.

Gliscor vs Drapion-Scorpion vs Scorpion. This video hates me or something, Drapion uses Pin Missile and Gliscor dodges then people start sounding like Pokemon again...so let me see with Serebii's picture, Gliscor uses Stone Edge and Drapion uses Cross Poison causes smoke clouds, then Gliscor uses Giga Impact and some how was able to get out of the way to recharge. Drapion's fangs were glowing, was it going to us Poison fang or something? Well episode ends with Drapion uses Pin Missile and Gliscor being awesome and dodges it all and gets ready for the finishing move with X-Scissor.

Well the episode was great...the quality of the video was horrible. Only thing I'm a little disappointed is Infernape beating Ninjask. Overally this battle was roughly how I envisioned it with a few differences.

Side stuff:

-I'm guessing Drapion used Toxic Spikes to Poison everyone? I don't think Toxic works the way it did, or maybe it does, although Toxic Spikes seems logical.

-Do we know what Infernape did? Was it Blast Burn or some kind of strategy like Counter Shield? I'm going with the second option.

-Gliscor has shown to be much faster and better, has Stone Edge now, it's not as fast as Ninjask but that thing it suppose to be really fast so not much surprise there. Gliscor and Infernape seemed to be the certain of attention in this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by pokeguru View Post
    Not another cliffhanger!!! I hate those things. And also, down with those "post too short" messages! I hate cliffhangers and that is all I have to say about this episode. But then again... I won't be surprised if Paul wins again... like he always does.
    Cliffhangers are for building suspense, it makes things a lot more interesting. I'm an impatient person but I enjoy cliff hangers because of the suspense that builds up.

All you have to say is you hate cliffhangers? There is about hundred things you can talk about this episode and all you want to talk about is cliffhangers.

Paul isn't going to win, many reasons why. The main one would be that Ash is the main character and Paul has been his biggest competitor, the writers wouldn't make Ash lose their final battle, he has to overcome obstacles like Paul in order to win. Plus there is one more reason but I'm sure if I can say it or not.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 12th August 2010 at 5:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    -I'm guessing Drapion used Toxic Spikes to Poison everyone? I don't think Toxic works the way it did, or maybe it does, although Toxic Spikes seems logical.
    You're right.

-Do we know what Infernape did? Was it Blast Burn or some kind of strategy like Counter Shield? I'm going with the second option.
    Underground Flare Blitz to burn off the poison stuff, the field was smoking for a bit afterwards.

@Erebus: He didn't have much of a choice. Switching was tactically correct in those instances.
    Yes I'm a shipper. There's no need to think anything differently of me though.

PearlShipping Fanfic I'm working on...: Click? :3[Last update: (Sep25) (Chapter 12)]

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonash310 View Post
    But there are some holes in your logic and I'm gonna poke them.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterpokes View Post
    It's a reason why Torterra is one of my favorite Sinnoh Pokemon, and even though it lost, it's badass! Yeah, sure it lost to Drapion, but it's Reggie's Drapion.
    I'm sorry but where was it said that Drapion belongs to Reggie. I know that Reggie has a Drapion but I don't think he gave it to Paul.

Torterra, wow , I for one don't blame it for its lose I blame Ash. Ash just doesn't learn. Why would you have Torterra charge Drapion when Drapion has extendable arms to stop it mid-air?

I know that many of you are also critizing Ninjask and Infernape's battle but I could possible see a reason for the cheap win. Ninjask was dodging attacks and speeding fast. Mach Punch is a quick punch that strikes first. So Infernape was watching Ninjask's movements then it struck Ninjask with Mach Punch.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklingwater View Post
    The battle was good, but it could have been much better. Here's some problem I have with this:

Ninjask got 1HKO with Mach punch, a fighting move with *0.25 damage? Like seriously? Is the writer desperate enough to give inferape such a cheap win?

What would have been much better is if Gliscor defeat Ninjask with impressive air battling skills to show that it's training was wroth while. And Torterra to take out Drapion because they are evenly matched with power and size.
    I think everybody thought of this already.. The point of Mach Punch was that it was fast enough to catch Ninjask in the act, since the speed of that punch is so fast that it could catch up to Ninjask's speed, that said didn't Stone Edge do something against Ninjask?

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    Sure Infernape didn't learn Blast Burn, which was ok I guess but it still kicked some butt regardless and Gliscor using Giga Impact on Drapion and then getting away from it by using the backlash from the move had me laughing my head off.

It's funny how the battle turned, first Ash was in the lead, then Paul took over, and now Ash is back in control.

In any case Ninjask and Froslass as I expected don't have any defense either, so it's pretty much official they cheapened Paul out so Ash could win, Drapion and Electrivire being the only endurable pokemon he has.
    I thought to myself: how long is Gliscor gonna keep spinning like that? xD

I don't think it was funny how the battle turned, it was pretty much due to Drapion single handedly. It wasn't as much of a battle as it was a slaughtering with Pin Missile and catching stuff in it's tail.

Froslass and Ninjask at least had some offensive capabilities, which would lead to Pikachu and Infernape having a harder time against Electivire. That's also thanks to Aggron. Aggron, Froslass and Ninjask were Paul's tools to make a late game sweep with Electivire after Drapion did the early sweeping.

Quote Originally Posted by erebus View Post
    did anyone else notice that in the latest aired battle against Paul Ash does something very hypocritical;

do you remember Pauls battle against Roark when stealth-rock was used by one of Roark's pokemon? and do you remember the verbal slating that Paul got from Ash and Co. for continuing to send out his other pokemon for battle despite knowing they would get injured by stealth-rock?

well, Ash continued to send out HIS pokemon despite the unavoidable consequence of Drapions toxic (or whatever move it was). i do think that, at first, Ash tried to get arround the efects of toxic by sending out his flying types, but eventually he did have to send out his non-flying types onto a booby-trapped field.

did anyone else notice the hypocracy in this?
    Mčh, he thought up a strategy to get rid of the Toxic Spikes and thought of using flying types. That by itself is already entirely different then what Paul did.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalUpkeep View Post
    You're right.

Underground Flare Blitz to burn off the poison stuff, the field was smoking for a bit afterwards.
    I figured it was done to get rid of the Poison. Although I'm not really sure how that works exactly. Did the Toxic Spikes get destroyed by the fire or something? Too bad Ash didn't use that strategy earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by TicoPokemonMaster View Post
    I'm sorry but where was it said that Drapion belongs to Reggie. I know that Reggie has a Drapion but I don't think he gave it to Paul.

Torterra, wow , I for one don't blame it for its lose I blame Ash. Ash just doesn't learn. Why would you have Torterra charge Drapion when Drapion has extendable arms to stop it mid-air?

I know that many of you are also critizing Ninjask and Infernape's battle but I could possible see a reason for the cheap win. Ninjask was dodging attacks and speeding fast. Mach Punch is a quick punch that strikes first. So Infernape was watching Ninjask's movements then it struck Ninjask with Mach Punch.
    That's not even a reason.... >_> What does Ninjask dodging like crazy and Infernape watching its movements and OHKO'ing it with a Mach Punch have to do with it? That doesn't answer why Mach Punch seemed like it had the power of a Rock Type attack and demolished Ninjask in one blow.....

What's even more stupid is making Torterra get no wins, just to make Infernape be the super star in this battle. Screw those writers, they just decreased my chances of watching the next series by 10% because of this.... what other Pokemon will be downgraded to such a low level just to promote another?
    - Claimed:

-XY, already better than Best Wishes.xD

Pokemon Y Team:

Greninja
    Talonflame
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Flygon
    Aggron

3DS FC: 1993-7360-7585

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast