Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moves that Pokemon SHOULD be able to learn, but can't...

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    It is called CrabHammer for a reason, in that only CRAB POKEMON can use it.

Give Scizor a counter to Fire types? Really? Does it need a counter? It is one of the best Pokemon in the entire game. It's fine as it is.
    If a Pokemon is not a crab, but has similar features, it should learn the move. Corphish and Crawdaunt are technically not crabs, and they can learn the movie.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

Crabhammer ruined my Swampert only run in Sapphire Battle Tower
    Final Trainer. Final Pokemon. "Crawdawnt used Crab hammer" "Swampert Fainted" Leaving the crap pokes I entered so Swampert would be the only one that could deal damage

Sorry, drifting off there

I think that if any, JOLTEON should learn Volt Tackle
    Current 5 Gen Playthrough Progress

Spoiler:- 5 Generations of Epicness:

I got super upset when Hippopotas couldn't learn Dig in Platinum, and I got happy when they added it in HGSS.

I think that Kingler should be able to learn Waterfall. It's the only physical HM Water move, and it can't learn it!
    "Your memories are connected, like links in a chain. Those same chains are what anchor us all together."
    -Naminé

Pokemon X Team - French Playthrough
    *COMPLETE*
    Amphinobi | Noctali | Mentali | Farfaduvet | Darumacho | Carchakrok
    3DS FC: 0430 - 9679 - 6068
    IGN: Micah
    Friend Safari Type: Fire
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Magmar, Ninetales, Charmeleon

Spoiler:- Credits, etc.:

Quote Originally Posted by AZX612 View Post
    Crabhammer ruined my Swampert only run in Sapphire Battle Tower
    Final Trainer. Final Pokemon. "Crawdawnt used Crab hammer" "Swampert Fainted" Leaving the crap pokes I entered so Swampert would be the only one that could deal damage

Sorry, drifting off there

I think that if any, JOLTEON should learn Volt Tackle
    Ehh no, Jolteon isn't a physical attacker Volt Tackle wouldn't do it any good that's like giving Machamp Aura Sphere. Electivire or Luxray would be excellent for the attack to bad it's exclusive to the Pikachu line.

Armaldo(Dragon Dance)- It doesn't look like a Dragon but Tropius,Crawdaunt, and Whiscash got it which made no sense whatsoever. Armaldo would make decent use of the move though and it looks more like a Dragon than those three.

Blaziken(Close Combat)- It should have gotten it when Diamond and Pearl came out plus it needs a decent Fighting type move to make good use of its high attack and STAB.

Garchomp(Quick Attack or Extremespeed) - It's the Mach Pokemon and it's Pokedex entry says it flies at Sonic Speed giving it Extremespeed would be a little crazy but Quick Attack at the most.

Hitmonchan(Shadow Punch)- I don't know what the Japanese name for the move is but it's Iron Fist ability would make great use of this move especially against Ghost.

Flygon(Sing)- Again a little crazy but apparently when it flaps it's wings it sounds like Singing wouldn't make much sense but whatever.

Farfetch'd(Leaf Blade)- The Leek not much to say on this one or does it already have Leaf Blade?

Oh and Ninjask Extremespeed come on it's the fastest non legendary pokemon it could use this move it doesn't make any sense why it doesn't have it.
    Last edited by JD; 19th August 2010 at 3:54 AM.

Typhlosion. Earth Power.

It's a VOLCANO pokemon for pete's sake (and the poor thing could take ANY added special moves to it's movepool... HG/SS was the perfect excuse to give it better moves and it went to waste)

Shameless advertising. For more silly cartoons click Here

Quote Originally Posted by GR81 View Post
    I would have also liked to see Dragonite get Heal Bell through the HG/SS move tutor. It would be a nice upgrade to bulky Dragonite's movepool.
    Eh, they really need to fix that >.>

Quote Originally Posted by FullMetalAlchemist View Post
    If a Pokemon is not a crab, but has similar features, it should learn the move. Corphish and Crawdaunt are technically not crabs, and they can learn the movie.
    Scizor has nothing whatsoever to do with a crab. Steel pincers don't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkip43 View Post
    Farfetch'd(Leaf Blade)- The Leek not much to say on this one or does it already have Leaf Blade?
    Yep, it does. Hurray HGSS

As we wind on down the road~

Quote Originally Posted by Wallaroo42 View Post
    Typhlosion. Earth Power.

It's a VOLCANO pokemon for pete's sake (and the poor thing could take ANY added special moves to it's movepool... HG/SS was the perfect excuse to give it better moves and it went to waste)
    It didn't go to waste; the Cyndaquil line got Extrasensory as an egg-move, which, while not as great as Earth Power would've been, is pretty awesome.

~The Head Honchkrow~

A journey most XtraordinarY is about to begin...

Sandslash should be able to learn Air Slash (it's in the name so he should be able to learn all slash moves)
    I agree with these two:
    Luxray should be able to learn Volt Tackle
    Empoleon should be able to learn Brave Bird
    Pokemon X FriendCode: 0473 8763 6141
    Friend Safari: Ghost (Lampent - Phantump - ??)
    Ingame Name: Gerard

Looking For: (Legit)
    Moltres, Zapdos, Articuno, Mewtwo (FEB2012), Lugia, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Rayquaza, Deoxys (PLASMA), Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Arceus, Kyurem, Meloetta, Reshiram (SPR2012), Zekrom (SPR2012).

Can Offer:
    Dialga
    - Modest (shiny) - SUM2013
    Palkia
    - Hasty (shiny) - SUM2013
    - Timid (shiny) - SUM2013
    Giratina
    - Careful (shiny) - SUM2013
    - Lax (shiny) - SUM2013
    Keldeo
    - Timid - SMR2012
    Suicune
    - Relaxed (shiny) - WIN2011
    Raikou
    - Rash (shiny) - WIN2011
    Entei
    - Adamant (shiny) - WIN2011
    Celebi
    - Brave - WIN2011
    - Sassy - WIN2011

As was said things that look nothing like dragons got Dragon dance so why all the fuss over Scizor getting Crabhammer? I think it would be good on it and would make sense. More sense than crab-like Crawdaunt getting Dragon Dance in any case.

The claws may be pincers but they are fundamentally the same shape as a crab's and the strength is there with the steel typing.

I think Scyther should learn fly as it has the bulk to hold a human and it has decent sized wings. Even Scizor could deal with it, even though it gains wieght with it's steel typing and reduced wings it should still be able to hold a human. Dragonite has ridiculously small wings and it can learn fly and bird pokemon barely two feet tall can learn and use fly outside of battle.

Of course Flareon needs Flare blitz. It has mediocre stats compared to it's fellow Eeveelutions so the lovely attack stat should have access to this move.

Volt tackle would look good with Jolteon and is highly feasible but i agree, it's SpAtk is far better. It does not need the physical moves.

My shiny team. Do not ask for a battle, they're just for personal taste.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/2131a2w.png[/IMG]
    Come and join if you have a love of breeding pokemon, want to share your knowledge or want to start!
    Credit shinydoug for the BC banner.

Flareon can learn Flare Blitz.
    http://oi54.*******.com/otdgr8.jpg

I have a box and a half full of Adamant Mold Breaker Axew. Some are Jolly. PM/VM if interested in one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zibdas
    I thought butter was a type until I was 6. I could've sworn there's a butter type...

Snorlax can't learn Slack Off! That doesn't even make sense! XD

Almost all flying types with a beak. Drill Peck. They have beaks, they can spin while flying, no excuse for not having drill peck and no breed move spam because I realised it isn't worth it to train from level 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

all pokemon with wings should learn fly

Gengar should learn fly.. He can float and he has picked up and flown ash throughout the episodes (not talking about the one where ash was a ghost)

Quote Originally Posted by Pucca_ness View Post
    As was said things that look nothing like dragons got Dragon dance so why all the fuss over Scizor getting Crabhammer? I think it would be good on it and would make sense. More sense than crab-like Crawdaunt getting Dragon Dance in any case.
    When you can attach moves like Bone Rush to attention *****s known as Lucario, Crabhammer sounds more than agreeable for a Pkmn that AT LEAST has pincers (i.e. Scizor). Could totally see that.

Psycho Boost for Mewtwo.

Also, Mew should be given a much larger -- and obscure -- choice of moves when leveling... Strange things like Sketch, Wood Hammer, Drill Peck... Multiply and diversify. Haha.

~MEWTWO RETURNS AT LAST!~

Quote Originally Posted by Steelia View Post
    When you can attach moves like Bone Rush to attention *****s known as Lucario, Crabhammer sounds more than agreeable for a Pkmn that AT LEAST has pincers (i.e. Scizor). Could totally see that.

Psycho Boost for Mewtwo.
    Lucario does have a metal-bone-thing protruding from its arms, y'know?

Psycho Boost should remain a signature move. I wouldn't mind something else for Mewtwo, though.

As we wind on down the road~

Pidgeot,Fearow,Noctowl,Staraptor,Swellow...all should be able to learn Swords Dance.They have extremely sharp talons,it's like those things have no use.Raticate can learn Swords Dance so why not the birds?

Quote Originally Posted by Nacreous View Post
    The bell Bronzong is based on is not that kind of bell...it doesn't make any sounds,it was used for rituals I think
    It was based on the dotaku. While it doesn't have a ball inside of it (like, say, the Liberty Bell), it was meant to be struck from the outside. For a recent example, look at Odama for the Gamecube: Its central feature is a bronze bell, the same kind of bell Bronzong is based on, which you were encouraged to ring with the pinball.

For that matter, Bronzor is a mirror but can't learn Reflect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophie View Post
    It was based on the dotaku. While it doesn't have a ball inside of it (like, say, the Liberty Bell), it was meant to be struck from the outside. For a recent example, look at Odama for the Gamecube: Its central feature is a bronze bell, the same kind of bell Bronzong is based on, which you were encouraged to ring with the pinball.

For that matter, Bronzor is a mirror but can't learn Reflect.
    Actually Bronzor can learn Reflect by TM but if you mean by level up then I get what you're talking about. Almost as weird as Lanturn not being able to get Light Screen (even by TM!!!)

Oh, Bronzor can learn Reflect through a TM? For some reason, I missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophie View Post
    Oh, Bronzor can learn Reflect through a TM? For some reason, I missed that.
    No worries man, I somehow missed the fact that Shuckle could learn Rollout by tutor in HG/SS :P

Ampharos is the light Pokemon and is said to use its tail as a lamp.

Ampharos can't learn Tail Glow.

Huh?

Best Wishes Reviewer
    BW001 | BW002 | BW003 | BW004 | BW005

Garchomp should have access to Fly, Extremespeed.

It would make mine at least an absolute beast..
    *Savannah*

°Ţrétt˙ Ěń Ţíńk, Wî˘këĐ Íń Űńďƒřrm°
    °Prendi la vita come viene°

•Pokemon I'm breeding• :
    • Castform
    • Relicanth
    • Vulpix
    • Lapras
    • Bagon
    • Gible
    • Eevee
    • Chimchar
    • Murkrow
    • Porygon
    • Dratini
    • Absol
    • Torchic
    • Phione
    • Charmander
    • Bulbasaur
    • Aerodactyl
    • Growlithe
    • Squirtle
    • Gligar
    • Totodile
    • Cyndaquil
    • Kangaskhan
    • Feebas
    • Larvitar
    • Abra
    • Pidgey
    Just ask if what are you looking for isn't on that list, I'll see what I can do.
    Platinum FC : 5156 7483 8765
    HeartGold FC:

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfan View Post
    Ampharos is the light Pokemon and is said to use its tail as a lamp.

Ampharos can't learn Tail Glow.

Huh?
    Tail Glow is called Fire Fly Light in the Japanese version so I guess that's why but Ampharos with Tail Glow would be pretty cool. Another thing why do people suggest moves like Brave Bird Empoleon and Air Slash Sandslash. Empoleon is more of a special attacker so Air Slash would be a lot better another thing Leafeon really should learn Seed Bomb through level up it learns Leaf Blade at such a high level it's annoying. Solrock and Lunatone should both be able to learn Moonlight and Morning Sun as the last move that they learn and Pidgeot needs Extremespeed.
    Last edited by JD; 24th August 2010 at 4:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Savannah View Post
    Garchomp should have access to Fly, Extremespeed.

It would make mine at least an absolute beast..
    Lol, it's already an absolute beast :P however it would make Garchomp slightly less predictable. Currently all Chomps are working either Choice sets or Swords Dance - Substitute ones, so adding a few more moves to it's movepool wouldn't be a bad thing.

Leafeon, Solarbeam through levelup. It mentions photsynthesis in many of its pokedex entries. Leaf Blade at a lower level as well and Seed Bomb at 36 so you don't need to breed/ relearn to get a physical grass move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast