Thread: OU Team: Pokemon I like that others hate :3

Default OU Team: Pokemon I like that others hate :3

So this is my second OU Team I've made, and this one has worked out a LOT better than the last as well, despite the fact that some weaknesses are more exploitable on this team.

Team at a Glance:

And here's a chart showing how I stand with my resistances and weaknesses:

So like I said, some weaknesses are more exploitable than my last, BUT the 3 times I've used this (it's brand new...like 2 hours old) it hasn't lost, so that says something about it.

Any changes I make will be red and bold.

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS:

When I build my teams, I start with a lead, and this time I was focusing on Pokemon that I like. Since my other team lead was Swampert, I chose Aerodactyl, aka the fastest non-Scarf Stealth Rock user in the game, and a Pokemon I like quite a bit.

Then I decided to pick a wall, and the first Pokemon that came to mind was Blissey. While she isn't my absolute favorite Pokemon, she is quite the asset and also very annoying to face.

After picking Blissey, I knew I needed a Pokemon that could get through stalls so I wouldn't face the same fate I was trying to put on my opponents. Dragonite was my choice because of his access to Superpower AND Draco Meteor.

I then decided on a sweeper. While Breloom's famous Spore Puncher set isn't exactly a sweeping set alone, when coupled with Stealth Rock, it certainly is. And Grass- type Pokemon are my favorite type, so Breloom fit in perfectly in both manners.

Next, I needed a late-game sweeper, should I not be able to set up Stealth Rock for whatever reason may arise. And of course, Lucario was my choice. Not only is Lucario one of the best late-game sweepers, he also is a favorite of mine when it comes to Steel- type, second only to Scizor.

Now Gengar was originally Vaporeon, but then I realized that Vaporeon was completely extraneous since I already had Blissey on Wish support. So I focused on finding another Pokemon that was good at forcing switches to make use of Stealth Rock, and I chose Gengar, my favorite Ghost- AND Poison- type Pokemon. His ever-so reliable Substitute + 3 Attacks set not only gives him the ability to take out a LOT, but he can also force switches very effectively.

IN-DEPTH LOOK

Suicide Lead: Jolly Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Moves:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Taunt
    -Earthquake
    -Rock Slide

So this is your typical Aerodactyl leading set. Focus Sash ensures that I get my Stealth Rock in, and to avoid getting set up, I Taunt the other lead since I will outspeed them. If I ever decide to bring Aerodactyl back out (which I did the second time I used this team), Earthquake is a nice powerful move, and Rock Slide is reliable STAB.

Special Wall: Bold Blissey @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    Moves:
    -Wish
    -Softboiled
    -Seismic Toss
    -Toxic

Ah, good ole Blissey. Wish and Softboiled heal other team members and Blissey, respectively. Seismic Toss is my reliable attack that does 100 damage on all non-Ghost- types and keeps me from getting walled by Heatran, and Toxic forces switches, which again further utilizes Stealth Rock. And if I get status'd, Natural Cure heals me upon switching.

Stall Breaker: Mild Dragonite @ Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 116 Atk / 192 SpA / 200 Spe
    Moves:
    -Superpower
    -Draco Meteor
    -Flamethrower
    -Thunderbolt

Ever since Salamence left for the Uber tier, this Dragonite set has been seen more and more, and it's because this is a very reliable set. Superpower and Draco Meteor lower stats that are independent of each other, so either kind of wall can be obliterated pretty easily. Flamethrower and Thunderbolt further the coverage by handling weaknesses like Ice- type Pokemon and Water- type Pokemon using Ice Beam.

Stealth Rock Sweeper: Adamant Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison Heal
    EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
    Moves:
    -Spore
    -Focus Punch
    -Seed Bomb
    -Stone Edge

The ever-infamous Spore Puncher set. Spore puts the Pokemon to sleep, either forcing a switch or reliance on the unreliable Sleep Talk. Either way, it clears a path for a free Focus Punch. Seed Bomb is another powerful STAB attack, and Stone Edge gets rid of Breloom's biggest weakness, Flying- type Pokemon. Toxic Orb prevents me from getting a status, and Poison Heal is a nice way to lean away from dependence on Wish support from Blissey.

Late Game Sweeper: Adamant Lucario @ Life Orb
    Ability: Inner Focus
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Moves:
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Extremespeed
    -Crunch

Lucario's most overused set, but like the others, for a great reason: Why change what works great? If for some reason whatsoever I can't get a Stealth Rock, I can rely on Lucario to sweep after I've put a nice dent in my opponent's team. Swords Dance is crucial, and then I can either take them out quickly if they're almost down with Extremespeed, or I can severely injure them with Close Combat. I chose Crunch over Stone Edge because I do have 2 Fighting- type Pokemon, so those pesky Psychic- Pokemon can go die. Plus, Breloom is already running Stone Edge to handle Flying- types.

Switch Forcer: Timid Gengar @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Moves:
    -Substitute
    -Shadow Ball
    -Focus Blast
    -Hidden Power Fire

Lastly, we round the team off with Gengar. His type coverage is excellent, his moveset is very obnoxious, and when coupled together, it will force the opponent to switch, again further hurting themselves with Stealth Rock. Substitute protects me from, above all, Tyranitar and Scizor, whom I can retaliate against with Focus Blast and Hidden Power Fire, respectively. Substitute also protects me from statuses, and Shadow Ball + Focus Blast give me an unresisted Ghost/Fighting combo. As mentioned earlier, Hidden Power Fire deals with Scizor, as well as Forretress and Skarmory.

This team has served me well ever since I started using it, and while 3 battles may not speak enormous volumes about a team, it does say quite a bit. All images are property of their respective owners, and I look forward to your constructive criticisms/comments/ideas!

Pokemon Platinum FC: 5027-0799-1604 (Turner)

It seems silly to bump this...but it's been 19 hours so I will.

Pokemon Platinum FC: 5027-0799-1604 (Turner)