Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Battling a Thaw in Relations! (656)

Quote Originally Posted by EliteMaster View Post
    Also it'll never be a water starter they'll pick. Seemingly. Ah, but you forget Best Wishes where Oshawott might have a chance of becoming the writers' favorite.
    Yes a chance but still highly unlikely.
    HG Team:

Quote Originally Posted by Pikacu View Post
    Yes a chance but still highly unlikely.
    This [the focus better NOT be on that stupid pig with the equally stupid name].

And now I know what starter Ash gets. Cheers...? [note: I LOVE Oshawott!]

I was kinds dreading this ep. I knew what the outcome was gonna be when I saw the Japanese version.

I'm probably in the minority but I really wanted Paul to win, but most times we are forced to root for the protaganist.

Team Rocket...pfft nothing to say there.

And the way Ash was chasing down Paul like some love sick girl really annoyed the hell out of me. He just had to get the last word in. Whatever. The sinnoh League will finally be over in a month.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Finally, Ash gets himself a win against Paul, at a time where it mattered the most!

That does, however, proved to be a double-edged sword, as he's matched up against the uber-trainer Tobias...

Everybody else had spelled out what happened in this fight earlier, so I've figured that there's no point in a summary from me...

Great episode. Ash finally beat Paul ^_^ and it was oh so close as well either could have won. But Infernape never gave up and it was pretty ironic that was Infernape that beat Paul eventually and it was Electrvire that was defeated that was the first pokemon we saw with Paul(Elekid). Oh and also congrats to Gliscor as well for beating Drapion.
    Intresting that Cynthia mentioned a champions league as well thats the first time that been mentioned I think.
    Sucks that Ash is against Tobias but you never know if he cam defeat the Darkrai then maybe he has really other rubbish pokemon. *shrugs*
    But yeah sad to see Paul go as well

the overall battle was just amazing, that froslass seemed kind of random but i liked how he used it's ability snow cloak and hail, drapion was such a beast, i wish torterra was a lot stronger when it was a turtwig everyone would say "what a strong turtwig"or something like that but during the big battles it doesn't seem to do much every since it became a torterra but i guess that's just me, pikcachu did better than expected although not too much just really better against electivire, and in the end electivire and infernape were both awesome
    - and on a separate note after the battle like ^rebeccag mentioned, cynthia mentioned a championship league i dont remember that ever being mentioned before, that sounds like it would be awesome if they really follow up with that im assuming that the best trainers from every region compete in one big league i hope they do follow up with that
    soulsilver friend code-3309 6888 9118

An amazing to to the epic battle between Ash & Paul, he was a great Rival. I was pretty shocked Ash told Pikachu to use Volt Tackle on Electivire, when he already knew about Motor Drive, and also forgot that Electivire could use Brick Break in its other hand (which I didn't even know, actually).

Infernape activating Blaze was just insane (in a good way), and an awesome way to end the battle against Ash & Paul. Infernape rocks!

Episode Rating: 10/10
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Hair rising battle.... Electivire and Infernape were amazing... Hard to believe Electivire took a few hits and still stood strong while Infernape was at its maximum strength with blaze activated... Ash battled very well to get his win... and the mind games in this battle made it even more exciting

Best episode of slv so far in my opinion

Paul really should have apologized to Infernape. I mean come on! He shoved him out and now Infernape proves that he is better than if it was on Paul's Team. But still no reconition.

My ideal battle ever!

This episode was really cool. This 3rd 3rd part of the Ash vs Paul battle was the best. It was cool to see Gliscor FINALLy take Drapion down after Drapion knocked out so many of Ash's Pokemon. Gliscor lost very easily to Electivire. It was cool that it was Gliscor's Fire Fang that took Drapion down. Strange how Electivire's Thunderbolt attack was even able to hit Gliscor, let along take it down. Pikachu vs Electivire was such an intense battle. Ash unwisely has Pikachu hit Electivire with an Electric attack, raising Electivire's speed with its Motor Drive ability. Infernape vs Electivire was the best battle. They kept attacking each other over and over and clashing at the same time over and over. Infernape barely got up and then the incredibly powerful Blaze ability activated. Infernape took down Electivire with an overly powerful Flare Blitz. It was great to see Paul finally acknowledge Ash at the end.

Infinity/100

Awesome battle from Ash vs Paul! one of the best battles i saw between those 2
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

So, Ash finally beats his long-time rival, Paul!

You know, when Infernapes Blaze ability kicked in, I had a feeling Ash had had this battle in the bag. I was thinking: "Blaze is going to kick in!" *it kicks in* "Thank you! Ash is going to pretty much win this now! It's inevitable!"

Also, I'm so glad now that both Ash and Paul have a newfound respect for each other!

Now I want Paul to come back, just to see how these two will converse in the long run.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

I know its happened to be a brilliant duel in the Sinnoh. I'm just extremely glad that a sweetheart Ash defeated his cold-hearted rival Paul in the Sinnoh League. Infernape's Blaze ability suddenly pull through and I was overjoyed. But I got a feeling that we haven't seen the last of that man.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

Ash finally defeat Paul, i`m also glad you used his older pokemon

lol paul jockin ash's strategies
    Animes:
        Spoiler:- ...:

Mangas:
        Spoiler:- ...:

This was definatly the best Episode of the entire Sinnoh Saga. It was awesome that Gliscor beat Drapion after it was on a Winning Streak. Pikachu VS Electivire was cool too. Ash foolishly used an Electric attack though. Infernape VS Electivire was incredible. It was awesome that Blaze activated just before Infernape was declared unable to battle. It was very cool to see Ash finally defeat Paul. Glad Ash and Paul bonded after the battle. Ash facing Tobius in the next round sounds cool.

This was a great battle. I was a bit ticked off because Ash had to rely on Infernape to use its Blaze ability, which I was tired of by then, but at least it ended nicely. It was funny how they allowed Infernape to stay on the ground for so long before the referee called for the match to end. I guess they really had to build up the drama. I actually would have rather seen Pikachu end the match than Infernape though. It makes more sense the way it ended but I just don't like Infernape that much.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

So, with Sinnoh over and done already for quite some time now, how many of you think that the DP-saga ended at this episode, rather then vs. Tobias?

DP was about Ash vs. Paul, that ended in this episode, and you can tell:
    - DP189: Wrap up Sinnoh League
    - DP190: Wrap up Brock's tenure
    - DP191: Send off previous characters..

How do you all feel about this?
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    So, with Sinnoh over and done already for quite some time now, how many of you think that the DP-saga ended at this episode, rather then vs. Tobias?

DP was about Ash vs. Paul, that ended in this episode, and you can tell:
    - DP189: Wrap up Sinnoh League
    - DP190: Wrap up Brock's tenure
    - DP191: Send off previous characters..

How do you all feel about this?
    I agree. The actual saga itself was finished by this episode. The remaining episodes were simply the transitional phase between DP, and BW. I think they could have handled the transition a little better (we never saw what the deal was behind Jessie's and James' promotion, we don't know if Gliscor returned to the Air Master or was sent to Professor Oak's, never mind the possibility of May and/or Misty appearing in a reunion episode), but they had decided to write two main characters off the show including one who had been around forever basically, so they decided to focus on that mainly.

Essentially, yes I feel Diamond and Pearl finished with the ending of that battle, and the remainder was the transitional phase.
    {Insert signature here}

Well for the DP Series,It was definitely a good one.Pokemon BW would be a better one and hopefully it will also be a longer one.
    Currently Seeking:Events And Shinies I dont have,DW
    Females.

Willing To Offer:Events that I have,Shinies that I have,likeSatoshi's Reshiram,NOK Rayquaza,
    Shiny Groudon and many more.

Feel free to PM Me asking what I have,or What you are looking for.

CaptainGarchomp

Rewatched this battle again, and I must say, it was an awesome battle. The only thing i could change would be putting ursaring or torterra instead of froslass.

Anyway, I think that there was a flaw in Paul's strategy. I think that he thought that Ash would make a team to counter his initial pokemon: Ursaring, Torterra, Magmortar etc; he didn't expect Ash to use the same pokemon. Anyway, I'm happy that Ash finally won.

Yeahhh! Ash won! Sorry Paul but there had to be either you or him.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Rewatch it again and again, such an awesome episode! Like the way how the rivalry ended up, the bond they made is the best part! Hope Paul will reappear in BW but I think it's impossible >_<

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast