Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Battling a Thaw in Relations! (656)

Once again, can you PLEASE not discuss future episodes or previews of other things. These threads are for discussion of this episode ONLY.

Please don't make me revoke these threads due to spam

*Sigh* The video kept stopping at the best bits. I'll have to watch it on Youtube later.

From the bits I did see, it was a good battle. Electrivire vs Infernape could have been a bit longer (or did I just miss a lot of it?). Nice to see Team Rocket cheering for Ash, Paul smiling and Reggie once again looking evil. BTW, what did Reggie say to Paul's Pokemon? Were they happy he lost or something?

What music was played when Infernape activated Blaze?
    Last edited by Candy-Sama; 19th August 2010 at 12:31 PM.

Today I'm not doing a summary because I missed the first fifteen minutes for no particular reason other then I forgot it was Thursday. I'll try to be slightly more in-tune with my surroundings next week.

I did enjoy the small bit I did see. It was hilarious that Electrivire stopped the Ref from calling it against Infernape. Then it gets beaten. GG, Electrivire.

To answer someone's question Type Wild was the song that was playing when Blaze activated.

Oh yeah this was awesome. I thought that Inferape being poisoned would make more of a difficulty, but it didn't. As for Gliscor, I am glad it beat Drapion like that, a bit surprising, but I guess it was worn out by now. Pikachu should've done more damage, but I ain't complaining, and as for Electivire vs Inferape.Whoooooo...what a match!
    And not to say the least, the way Paul dealt with his loss. I really liked the way they ended it all. One of the most dramatic scenes in the entire anime.

Right then, gotta say, episode 1 and 3 of the Paul Vs Ash were great, and you are all aware how angry I am from episode 2. This episode was a big step up, although Infernape was the won to win it. It was still good. Very pleased about Gliscor. I hated the pokemon back when it was on his team and when it left I was so happy. But Gliscor redeemed itself here, and is on of the best Sinnoh pokemon. Not as good as Staraptor, but still good. Pikachu was meh here, and Inferape went burzerk. It looked great. Now I wish I knew what Cynthia said and Ash and Paul talked about. I know Paul is off to fight Brandon, I think.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

How does Paul expect to beat Brandon after that last whooping. Anyway, I am sure hoping he appears sometime again. And could anyone translate the conversations between the rivals and what Cynthia said about them?

Well I'm guessing he said something about his ways being wrong, and that Ash's were right, and that's how he's going to train his pokemon now and that's how he'll beat Brandon.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Quote Originally Posted by An00bis View Post
    I did enjoy the small bit I did see. It was hilarious that Electrivire stopped the Ref from calling it against Infernape. Then it gets beaten. GG, Electrivire.
    Lol, the battle against Electivire was of epic proportions, and surprisingly, somebody called the whole Blue/Yellow clashing thing that could be seen from outside the stadium! But eitherway that was epic, best way to end it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazak View Post
    Oh yeah this was awesome. I thought that Inferape being poisoned would make more of a difficulty, but it didn't.

As for Gliscor, I am glad it beat Drapion like that, a bit surprising, but I guess it was worn out by now.

Pikachu should've done more damage, but I ain't complaining, and as for Electivire vs Inferape.Whoooooo...what a match!

And not to say the least, the way Paul dealt with his loss. I really liked the way they ended it all. One of the most dramatic scenes in the entire anime.
    I want to know if they just forgot about Gliscor and Infernape being poisoned.. Lol, what would the backlash have been like if it just wasn't only the Flare Blitz recoil, but also the Poison kicking in again and causing Infernape to faint? I could've seen that happening to Gliscor though... Don't know why it didn't..

Pikachu couldn't have done more damage then it did really.. Brock pointed this out, and Ash knew that he was going to have to resort to Quick Attack and Iron Tail, I think he wanted to use Iron Tail as a finisher to land in Electivire's sped up face, but Paul knew he would do this from experience, so instead of ThunderPunch he ordered Brick Break.

Infernape really.. no words.. I don't think that any other pokemon from Ash' Sinnoh crew could've done that, not even Sceptile really.. It really took third place from Hoenn's finest:

1. Charizard
    2. Pikachu (@top of fluctuation spiral)
    3. Infernape (pre-Blaze, with Blaze it's above Pikachu)
    4. Sceptile
    5. Snorlax
    6. Heracross (can't think of any runners up atm...)

Paul leaving and Ash running after him was really something that gave the end of their rivalry a good touch. I think Paul was going to complement Ash and Infernape after their battle, but just didn't after he saw the state Infernape was in.. and thought it was just best to leave. I don't know what Ash said to Paul that made him so shocked at the end. Maybe Ash told him to have good luck in the Battle Frontier (Paul said he was going to rechallenge Jindai = Brandon). Anyway, Paul's gone. We've seen the new rival... Exact copy with blond hair..

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    Right then, gotta say, episode 1 and 3 of the Paul Vs Ash were great, and you are all aware how angry I am from episode 2. This episode was a big step up, although Infernape was the one to win it. It was still good.

Very pleased about Gliscor. I hated the pokemon back when it was on his team and when it left I was so happy. But Gliscor redeemed itself here, and is on of the best Sinnoh pokemon. Not as good as Staraptor, but still good. Pikachu was meh here, and Inferape went burzerk. It looked great. Now I wish I knew what Cynthia said and Ash and Paul talked about. I know Paul is off to fight Brandon, I think.
    Agreed, although I already was a fan of Gliscor. It really got kicked into overdrive this battle, and has the best set of moves of the Sinnoh pokemon, and can use them very efficiently as well.

With Infernape having such a role in this saga, it wasn't a large surprise that it would be the one to win this match. So even with that large amount of expectation they had to live up to, they managed to match and go beyond those expectations. My mouth really dropped and the stand off with the heart beat was a new thing and really didn't bother me as much as it could have.

Last thing I want to add, that I'm glad that this battle actually was three full episodes long, maybe 2,5 with the little ending and beginning, but wow they really managed to keep it full of excitement all the way through these episodes, with little to no bore. The only thing that was horrifying was Torterra's defeat. Aside from that this battle was a definite 10/10. Everything made perfect sense to me.

- Buizel getting hit and knocked out immediatly after suffering from that poison made sense since it had no time to breath or brace for the incoming hit at all.
    - Staraptor being knocked out after it got hit with an Ice Beam (and raped) prior to getting poisoned through being slammed into the floor surely was believable enough.
    - Torterra is the one I still have problems with.. It should've been able to take one or two more hits after Synthesis..
    - Gliscor did great, survived being a ragdoll of Fury Cutting Ninjack, being slammed into the ground and getting poisoned in the process, surviving Pin Missile of Doom of 'Drapion of Woe', and stood up against Electivire's 'Thunder-induced Rock Rain', before finally getting knocked out.
    - Pikachu got hit by that Metal Sound, Metal Claw and Flash Cannon that Aggron did, Froslass froze the mouse cold, and threw Hail and Ice Shards in its face. It used Volt Tackle at least 4 times so that's tons of recoil, and got thrown around by Electivire while still hurting it. That's quite a lot if you ask me.. to the point where you question, is this plot? But Pikachu has been shown to be able to take a lot (Regice), so I guess we can assume that it was fair for late region Pikachu.
    - Infernape had a ton of hurtin' as well, so lets take a look at what was necessary to activate Blaze. Aggron managed to hurt it with that Double Edge that collided with Flare Blitz. Then we have some poison damage from Toxic Spikes, then we had the Giga Drainage from Ninjask that notably wore it down. Then it had its battle with Electivire, which was as hard as they get. Getting Thunder'd from up close must have hurt so much.. It literally got back from the brink of being knocked out, and by none other then Electivire himself.

Then we look at Paul's side, which is a bit awkward looking:

- Aggron: Collisions with Iron Tail, Thunderbolt, and Flare Blitz and Knocked out by Mach Punch to the face (4x effective and stabbed). Not so shady
    - Gastrodon: Hit by Quick Attack, Ice'd Aqua Jet and Ice Punch in the gut. Combo's are powerfuller? Or Gastrodon was just weak to punches in the gut.. Eitherway pretty shady..
    - Ninjask: Hit by some of the Stone Edge rocks, heat by the underground Flare Blitz, and then a stabbed Mach punch in the face. Ninjask has poor defence so it's understandable.
    - Froslass: Iron Tail and knocked out by a surprise Volt Tackle. A bit shady, but they both were portrayed as rough hits. Iron Tail to the head and Froslass really didn't see Volt Tackle comming so it took it to the gut unbraced, knocking the wind out of it.
    - Drapion: Didn't take much damage at all seemingly.. Buizel's Sonic Boom didn't land, it got a Water Gun on it's tail which didn't seem to hurt as much. Staraptor didn't do anything. Torterra managed to daze it with the Rock Climb rock formation, and its Leaf Storm hit, and Energy Ball collided with Cross Poison. Aside from that it had Gliscor's surprise Giga Impact hit and it's Fire Fang which burned it to death. Don't know if that's enough, but I dunno, Giga Impact did a lot of damage, but somehow I didn't get the feeling as if it was tired and so it's defeat came of as really anti-climatic.
    - Electivire... After getting hit by Gliscor's Giga Impact and Pikachu's Quick Attack, Iron Tail and Volt Tackle, it had to withstand regular Mach Punches, Flame Throwers, Dig and then it had to take those Blazed Flamethrowers and Flare Blitz... No wonder it went down eventually! :P

All in all, a pretty gosh darn fight with my only two nitpickings would be:

A. Torterra's unfair treatment.
    B. Drapion's lack of getting hit overall make its fall to Fire Fang seem anticlimatic.

Otherwise it was good, so with those shortcomings: 9.5

I really, really loved the ending.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

It was a good episode. At times I didn't know what was going on because of language barrier and more importantly bad quality of the video but I'm pretty sure I have an idea what happened.

Gliscor defeated Drapion and went up against Electivire and lost quickly(Like I predicted). It showed how brave it was and wouldn't back down from a challenge here even though it was low on health. It's Giga Impact didn't succeed but it still probably did some damage.

Pikachu did alright, I don't know exactly what Ash was planning on doing with Volt Tackle though. I guess it has something to do with Iron Tail, although it failed. It did still show it's strength.

Infernape, well obviously it was going to be the one to win it. Blast Burn came somewhat as a surprise, but then again I guess it should have been expected.

Paul said something to Electivire after it lost, I have no idea what but I think it was somewhat of a nice comment.

Paul and Ash said there good bye and it looked like it was nice, but because of the video, Paul sounded like Cynthia, Ash sounded like Paul, and Cynthia sounded like Ash...something along those lines anyways.

It was a nice episode.

^ Since when did infernape use blast burn? It was just Blaze activated and flare blitz. Also, anyone amused at that fact that electivire died from sudden combustion at the very end?

On a side note, Ash has gotten 3 burn hax in the entire match.

^Like Paul didn't get hax in thier previous battle so i think it's fair, three times though?

Aggron and Drapion got burned but who was the third one? Electrivire was not burned, exploded after flare blitz but not burned.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 19th August 2010 at 2:56 PM.

And there goes the best rival we have ever seen..

I am really curious about the conversations too.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudk View Post
    ^ Since when did infernape use blast burn? It was just Blaze activated and flare blitz. Also, anyone amused at that fact that electivire died from sudden combustion at the very end?

On a side note, Ash has gotten 3 burn hax in the entire match.
    Bulbapedia said it used it, so I'm following that.

EDIT: It looks like it was taken off now. Perhaps someone mistake it for Blash Burn. I don't really care if it has it or not though.
    Last edited by gliscor&yanmega; 19th August 2010 at 3:30 PM.

This may very well be the most epic episode since... well forever. Or at least since Ash and Gary fought in Johto. No battle in the Hoen leauge tournament comes even close to this and not even Ash and Brandon´s matches can top this. Awesome musical score, Gliscor fighting the battle of its life, beating Draipon which gave Ash a huge advantage, probably the turning point in the battle.

Pikachu was in, short enough to cause damage but his main purpuse was to do as much damage before being beaten. This was all the time Infernape´s battle. And what a battle then. Intense from the start and all the way through.

The end with Paul and Ash was great, that really put an end to their Sinnoh rivalery in the best style.

And yes, Infernape really is one of Ash best Pokémon. I more or less agree to your list Locormus, that those are his best team. I would however take away Snorlax from that line- up, not because it´s weaker but I would like to have a bird to throw in if case needed.

Epiosde 9/10. Legendary.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

Totally predictable! Ever since Ash adopted Chimchar I knew it'd get revenge on Paul.

This is the second time I've seen Ash and Infernape hug each other. I begin to wonder: is Infernape female?
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by No. 1 Machop Fan View Post
    Totally predictable! Ever since Ash adopted Chimchar I knew it'd get revenge on Paul.

This is the second time I've seen Ash and Infernape hug each other. I begin to wonder: is Infernape female?
    You and pretty much everyone else knew Chimchar would get "revenge" on Paul.

You're wondering if Infernape is female because it has hugged Ash? Pretty sure males are able to hug too. Infernape and Ash were happy, a hug is a good way to show happiness.

This episode was simply fantastic.

I was glad to see Gliscor take the win against Drapion, it's got a little respect from me now.

The Pikachu vs Electivire battle was also good, but Ash was an idiot for using Volt Tackle on Electivire activating it's Motor Drive ability.

Electivire vs Infernape = EPICNESS

I really don't know how else to describe that battle, everything was perfect about it and the animation was top notch.

I really wish I knew what Ash and Paul said to each other at the end. Too bad nobody likes to sub pokemon episodes...

Overall, I felt like this battle would have been 10x better and I would have enjoyed it more if Paul had used his old team. Ninjask, Aggron, Gastradon, and Froslass really didn't do it for me. But I enjoyed the match and thought it was pretty good.

A great end to the greatest rivalry in the animes history.

Electravire vs Inferape makes every other battle including Drapion look like a joke in their matchup.

I'm so extremely glad that he did it! A kind-hearted,determinated Ash has totally defeated the cold-hearted,aggressive trainer Paul in the Sinnoh League quarterfinals! Not only that Dawn,and Brock were extremely happy, but Cynthia was glad too that loving pokemon triumphs over lusting after pokemon's power. I hope Zoey,Misty,May,Max,Kenny,Gary,Lyra,Kohury,Angie,An abel and Richie witnessed Ash's most epic duel in Sinnoh League.

-Gliscor took down Drapion with the Fire Fang causing it to burn down and faint. Great job.
    -Electivire summoned and took down Gliscor effortlessly.
    -Pikachu called to the field. He put up a good fight but unfortunely gets knocked out.
    -Infernape called up to the field one last time. He battles Electivire intenstively and taking him down. He got shocked by the thunderbolt and collapes. Just things is about to go lost but Infernape's Blaze activates due to his determination and his long-time friendship and support with Ash. Blaze effect giving him strength to battle Electivire. Using Flare Blitz to take out Electivire pulls through in the end. Thus making Ash Ketchum the winner of this epic duel.
    -Everyone was happy that a caring trainer defeated the cruel trainer. Even Team Rocket was satified about his victory. Ash and Infernape hug each other after that.
    -I bet that Cynthia discuss about Ash and Paul relationship.

I wonder what Barry and Paul said after the duel.
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

FC: 3737-9549-2888
    IGN: Shego

People are saying that it was a silly for Ash to forget that Electivire had Motor Drive, but the thing is, he didn't. Ash wanted to lure Electivire into using Thunder Punch and get near Pikachu, so it can use Iron Tail to throw away Electivire's punches. Ash also smirked when Electivire was about to punch Pikachu. I really don't get how people could miss that.

However, the whole plan backfired as Paul remembered what happened the last time Ash tried this.

I was worried that Ash is going to lose after the shock Electivire did like that. But Infernape isn't giving up because the love and support that Ash has given, his Blaze ability activates. And the Blaze and Flare Blitz combo pull through as he crushed Electivire with that making Ash a victor. I wonder what Zoey,and Kenny would say after this battle?
    I am here to help others to solve their problem,and I'm also the big fan of Kissshipping.

I don't think either of them would care. Anyway this was a great final battle and sort of makes up for the rushed as heck league we got. So long Paul. His character is done as a rival now and with his goodbye I don't think we'll see him in a speaking role again. Paul had a great run and his battle in the league was awesome, but it was great seeing Ash finally win against him.

Wow, they made the ending really like a conclusion. It seems unlikely we'll ever see Paul again.

But, they will probably show him in a few episodes anyway. I want him to respect Ash, at the same time, KEEPING his personality. He was never cruel to Torterra and co. and they seem to like him, so theres nothing wrong.

But, yeah, this episode would have been 50x better if Paul used Electivire, Torterra, Drapion, Magmortar, Ursaring and Honchcrow. Torterra's his starter, Honchcrow arguably has a slight rivalry with Torterra considering Torterra got beat thrice. Magmortar is the fire type that replaced Infernape. So yeah.

I wonder why he didnt use Light Screen or Reflect?
    Formerly, Chariking

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I don't think either of them would care. Anyway this was a great final battle and sort of makes up for the rushed as heck league we got. So long Paul. His character is done as a rival now and with his goodbye I don't think we'll see him in a speaking role again. Paul had a great run and his battle in the league was awesome, but it was great seeing Ash finally win against him.
    You got that right. Its very sweet that Ash defeated Paul in the Sinnoh League. Knowing Delia, she'll probably go overjoy after her beloved son triumphed over a cruel trainer who mistreats pokemon. Proving love prevails over lust. Of course it would be even sweeter if Misty,Gary,Angie,Kohury,Lyra,Zoey,Kenny,May,Max,an d Richie were present.

Where did Paul say he was going? Also the battle wasn't as good as i thought it would be but it was ok.
    Last edited by zeno48; 19th August 2010 at 5:47 PM.

The World God Only knows

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast