Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Battling a Thaw in Relations! (656)

AT LAST!!!!! :'D

Ash has finally defeated Paul!

...But come to think of it, if Paul won against Ash again, he might be happy to become the Sinnoh League champion and abandon his dark ways as a Pokemon Trainer.
    Last edited by pokeguru; 19th August 2010 at 5:49 PM.

Talking

paul should have won, he's the best trainer ever xD

So, that's Paul gone...
    Oh, I feel... sad...

So long, O Great Paul.
    I'll remember you as the greatest rival ever.
    You don't think
    there will be any
    Ruby/Sapphire remakes?

Can anyone translate what Cynthia said to Brock & Dawn or what happened at the end? n why did Paul smile after what Ash said?
    thankx

Quote Originally Posted by pokeguru View Post
    AT LAST!!!!! :'D

Ash has finally defeated Paul!
    It was the most epic battle ever. I was glad Ash beat Paul. As much as I loved Paul's character he needed to be beaten by Ash.

The exchange between Electivire and Infernape was the best. I was in tears by that time.

Paul was the best rival ever. I don't think anyone will be topping him. I hope he comes along again sometime...I want to see another battle between them.

Awe man this episode was just epic! Every thing about it I freakin loved. The animation, the music, Ash beating Paul and I loved how Barry went into fan boy mode after thatXD That scene between Ash and Paul was nice and I will miss him so much, he was such an awesome rival to Ash, I hope he returns, maybe to knock some sense into Ash after he maybe looses to the guy he's matched up against in the next episode. Over all a perfect 10.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

What did Ash said to Paul when he left to which Paul replied by raising his hand? I am guessing he said best of luck.
    Now Irony here is that all of Paul's Pokemon are like Chimchar behind his back. I personally find the dancing Honchkrow quite amusing.

This episode was pretty much perfect. Each bit of the match was tense and well played out. Gliscor got a win, Pikachu fought very well, and Infernape, well, he made the match. It was an epic battle right up to the very end.
    And the rivalry got the ending it deserved: Ash and Paul bidding each other farewell, simple as that.

For the little bits of stuff here and there, I liked Reggie going out to tell the rest of Paul's Pokemon how the match went, it was a nice little scene there.

So long Paul, it's been great.

What did Ash said to Paul when he left to which Paul replied by raising his hand? I am guessing he said best of luck.
    He did wish Paul good luck, but Ash also says he hopes they battle again sometime, which is why Paul rises his hand.
    Last edited by ShinyVaati; 19th August 2010 at 7:17 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

The episode was so awesome. I really liked Inferape vs. Electivire. It really showed Pokémon also can be a show for older people and not just for 10 year olds.

Loved the music, the animation, the battle. It was also nice to see Torterra, Weavile, Ursaring and Honchkrow happy. I wonder why they were cheering, but it's good to see that they're not just angry creatures lol.

10/10.

Looks like the rivalry has come to an end. Even Paul smiled.

I can't understand Japanese, did Paul say something nice to Ash after?

Spoiler:- "Alpha Sapphire Progress:

EPIC EPISODE!

I really wish i knew how to speak Japanese however though because the convo at the end would've been interesting to listen to

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

Best moment of the episode: Electivire goading Infernape into continuing the battle. The respect it showed to its greatest rival at that moment was an awesome touch.

At times like this I wished Pokémon had a diehard fan base like Yugioh and someone would stand up to sub these episodes, ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Corzola View Post
    And yes, Infernape really is one of Ash best Pokémon. I more or less agree to your list Locormus, that those are his best team. I would however take away Snorlax from that line- up, not because it´s weaker but I would like to have a bird to throw in if case needed.

Epiosde 9/10. Legendary.
    You misunderstood me, that list I made of Ash' strongest is just that, who's strongest, I'd never want to see that as a team though.. That would be horrifying, in the bad way! Charizard and Infernape on one team? Sceptile joining that team? Coupled with gnarling Snorlax? It just seems so not Ash like :P

Quote Originally Posted by ~-Overheat-~ View Post
    Wow, they made the ending really like a conclusion. It seems unlikely we'll ever see Paul again.

But, they will probably show him in a few episodes anyway. I want him to respect Ash, at the same time, KEEPING his personality. He was never cruel to Torterra and co. and they seem to like him, so theres nothing wrong.

But, yeah, this episode would have been 50x better if Paul used Electivire, Torterra, Drapion, Magmortar, Ursaring and Honchcrow. Torterra's his starter, Honchcrow arguably has a slight rivalry with Torterra considering Torterra got beat thrice. Magmortar is the fire type that replaced Infernape. So yeah.

I wonder why he didnt use Light Screen or Reflect?
    Four moves per pokemon, they were notoriously strict about that in this battle. Some even used only three moves. Like Infernape only used: Flamethrower, Mach Punch, Dig, Flare Blitz. Electivire used only Thunder Punch, Thunder, Protect, Brick Break. One could argue that Electivire used Tail Whip though :P

Quote Originally Posted by FlyAsADunsparce View Post
    Loved the music, the animation, the battle. It was also nice to see Torterra, Weavile, Ursaring and Honchkrow happy. I wonder why they were cheering, but it's good to see that they're not just angry creatures lol.

10/10.
    They were probably cheering since Reggie first said that he lost, so they were said, then he said that Paul will probably start travelling again, so they were happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage View Post
    Best moment of the episode: Electivire goading Infernape into continuing the battle. The respect it showed to its greatest rival at that moment was an awesome touch.
    Darnit I completely agree! I was just looking for the word.. Seems like if you're not for the full hundred percent a native speaker that you'd still be lacking in the vocabulary... Darnit! :P Lol, but yeah, mutual respect between pokemon was the basis for respect between trainers. And it wasn't even that Paul had less respect for Ash, it's just that he reminded him of the failure that he saw in Reggie. Now that he knows that being friends doesn't always mean defeat means that he needed to chang his opinion on Reggie as well. Which is why Reggie wanted that full battle so much, since he saw a bit of himself in Ash.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Holy cow, what an episode it was. The battle itself was predictable, but the way it was done was fantastic. The sendoff with Ash and Paul couldn't have been better. And the animation!! Especially with Electrivire vs Infernape. I actually drew that still shot at the end with Ash and Darkrai trainer, that's how beautiful it looked.
    Last edited by Kabuto; 19th August 2010 at 8:51 PM.

And another rivalry ends. It's been a great four years with you Paul. You had one of the best character developments a rival could ever asked for. And I love how Dawn and Barry react during the whole battle. Really made the episode worthwhile. And Infernape was awesome when he activated his Blaze.

Why Paul chose to use that crappy Froslass over his Torterra, I'll never understand.

Great fight though that ended very awesome. I'll miss Paul--he was easily the best rival and my favorite next to Gary. I can only hope we see him at least a little bit in the next region~
    Last edited by Norikumi; 19th August 2010 at 9:24 PM.

few things i would like to know

1) What was Paul saying to Infernape while it was down?

2) What was Cynthia saying about Ash/Paul

This was the best episode of D/P. The perfect finish for Ash and Paul's rivalry and I loved the music that was playing during the final moments of the battle. And I'm glad Paul seems to respect Ash now.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by hol123 View Post
    Looks like the rivalry has come to an end. Even Paul smiled.
    Every time Paul smiles, a puppy dies.

That was probably the most epic battle I have ever seen in Pokemon. The super-sayan Infernape at the end was awesome; predictable, but awesome! Also, can anybody tell just what Ash had been planning when he had Pikachu use Volt Tackle on Electivire, despite the Motor Drive ability? After the ability activated, Ash started smiling as if he had been trying to trigger the effect. What exactly was he planning to accomplish by intentionally giving his opponent a power boost?
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

You know something? The song from Movie 6 that played when Ash and Paul had their final conversation? I cried. :P

It makes me cry whenever I hear it in the movie, and it made cry then. Same with the song from Movie 1 and Lugia's song. :P

All in all though, the most epic ending to the most epic rivalry that I will ever see.

Great episode...I'm going to miss Paul as a rival...I loved hating him. I think he'll appear again but in a small role. Can anybody translate the conversation between Paul and Ash at the end and what Cynthia was saying?
    3DS FC: 0018-1175-8454 - IGN: Chris
    Ice safari: spheal, sneasel, and lapras

I've been playing pokemon since the days of Red and Blue. I guess that makes me "old." But I am by no means a "genwunner" in the way the term is used around here. Some of my fav pokemon are gen 4-6 ones.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...Gen-Trade-Shop
    ^^My SHINY trade shop! - Over 700 Kalos Bred SHINIES!^^

And here is a link to my list:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Well, I knew exactly what would happen, but it was still entertaining to watch. It was just a shame to see how much Ash's win depending on Blaze kicking in, rather than just happening. Was very much like the battle against Volkner where it was decidedly a loss til he goes SSJ5 and becomes a living volcano.
    Oh. I forgot. The best part of this episode was the fact they played TYPE:WILD. Helllll yeeeaaaaaah.

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    I'm so extremely glad that he did it! A kind-hearted,determinated Ash has totally defeated the cold-hearted,aggressive trainer Paul in the Sinnoh League quarterfinals! Not only that Dawn,and Brock were extremely happy, but Cynthia was glad too that loving pokemon triumphs over lusting after pokemon's power.
    And this is why I hate it. Paul and Ash were evenly matched during this, and if another Volkner wasn't pulled here, the judge would have called this win to Paul. Their training methods both seem to work fine despite how much this show seems to vilify Paul's method.

Quote Originally Posted by Shego View Post
    -Infernape called up to the field one last time. He battles Electivire intenstively and taking him down. He got shocked by the thunderbolt and collapes. Just things is about to go lost but Infernape's Blaze activates due to his determination and his long-time friendship and support with Ash. Blaze effect giving him strength to battle Electivire. Using Flare Blitz to take out Electivire pulls through in the end. Thus making Ash Ketchum the winner of this epic duel.
    -Everyone was happy that a caring trainer defeated the cruel trainer.
    His long-time friendship with Ash? Infernape was knocked out and snapped back to Electivire taunting him to get back up and fight. Look at how Infernape looks at Paul and Electivire and tell me otherwise. This was all Infernape trying to prove something to them - that's he strong enough, even if it's because of Blaze or not.
    I don't get that last part. When Infernape was the ground, the crowd behind TR looked pretty happy/entertained. They saw a good battle, that's all they care about. If by everyone you mean: Ash's friends, TR, Cynthia, and Reggie, then yes.

Gotta love this mushy propaganda.

Oh men i loved that episode and actually i cryed when the music for infernape blaze started , i had tears in my eyes , that was really refreshing .

Was Gliscor knocked out... with an Electric attack?

This anime is obnoxious. Anyway, I liked the battle. Saw the Infernape-goes-Super-Saiyan-awesome-fighter-mode coming for a long time now.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast