Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Battling a Thaw in Relations! (656)

I finally liked Paul. He admitted defeat and left on good terms. It seems that he is proud of Infernape and Ash to an extent.

Woo! He is going to the Kanto Battle Frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by gpt11 View Post
    few things i would like to know

1) What was Paul saying to Infernape while it was down?

2) What was Cynthia saying about Ash/Paul
    When infernape was down after the thunder, he said, "Is this all you got? Don't disappoint me again."

And after the battle, when Paul approached Infernape, he intended to say "You have become really....[strong]," but he could not finish the line since Infernape fell due to the fatigue.

Cynthia was saying things like "one life meets another to engender new things," which is a quote from the Sinnoh legend regarding Dialga and Palkia, and concluded that a friendship was formed between Ash and Paul due to their meeting. Oh, and she also said that she is excited to wait for those two to challenge her champion title someday in the future.
    Last edited by Eastlight; 19th August 2010 at 11:49 PM.
    Platinum FC: 5241 7799 4194

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklingwater View Post
    Electravire vs Inferape makes every other battle including Drapion look like a joke in their matchup.

So much this.

Honestly, what a brilliant 1 on 1 that was. A cut above what I thought they could ever deliver.

and concluded that a friendship was formed between Ash and Paul due to their meeting.
    T_T
    I really think Paul should return one episode. I know the rivalry between then has been resolved, but so was Gary - to an extent.

Does anybody know what Brock said after Ash won? It's probably not important, but Dawn and Barry were screaming victory, and Brock seemed pretty quiet and he said something, paused then said 'Satoshi'. He was probably congratulating him or something though.

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/3csxu.png[/IMG]
    a.k.a croag

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblewrap View Post

Does anybody know what Brock said after Ash won? It's probably not important, but Dawn and Barry were screaming victory, and Brock seemed pretty quiet and he said something, paused then said 'Satoshi'. He was probably congratulating him or something though.
    It was along the lines that Brock was proud Ash finally beat Paul.

This episode was awesome! Ash & Inferape finally prove that their superior to Shinji's suck-up self. Though I'm a bit disappointed by Shinji's lost. I mean, Electrivire should've attack Inferape when it was down instead of letting it get back if it knew that it was KOed. Plus, it's mess up how Shinji left most his strongest PKMN with Reggie instead of using them in the battle. Big mistake on Shinji's part. Now we're going to see Ash making the same mistake in the next episode against Takuto & his Darkrai by not calling back Bulbasaur, Squirtle, & Charizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    This episode was awesome! Ash & Inferape finally prove that their superior to Shinji's suck-up self. Though I'm a bit disappointed by Shinji's lost. I mean, Electrivire should've attack Inferape when it was down instead of letting it get back if it knew that it was KOed. Plus, it's mess up how Shinji left most his strongest PKMN with Reggie instead of using them in the battle. Big mistake on Shinji's part. Now we're going to see Ash making the same mistake in the next episode against Takuto & his Darkrai by not calling back Bulbasaur, Squirtle, & Charizard.
    Paul said he chose his strongest pokemon for this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Prominence View Post
    At times like this I wished Pokémon had a diehard fan base like Yugioh and someone would stand up to sub these episodes, ah well.
    Pokemon Japanese episodes are also subbed and unlike other anime there are multiple languages available too. You just need to find then. Pokemon fanbase is 10x then Yugioh.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziryu View Post
    Lolz. I'm susprise that there's people who still think like that. Even if Paul did swap his other pokemon for a "better" team, the results would be the same. The battle cannot be more epic than it's already is. Inferape took out Arggron and Ninjas. The results will be the same if he use Ursuring and Hochcrow instead. This ape is not only crazy, super saiyan powerful, but has plot on his side as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklingwater View Post
    Lolz. I'm susprise that there's people who still think like that. Even if Paul did swap his other pokemon for a "better" team, the results would be the same. The battle cannot be more epic than it's already is. Inferape took out Arggron and Ninjas. The results will be the same if he use Ursuring and Hochcrow instead. This ape is not only crazy, super saiyan powerful, but has plot on his side as well.
    They actually think this is a Boxing match or something and if the other guy was in better condition or didnt take a punch would be able to win instead of loosing haha.

This is fiction Ash was going to win against Paul they could give Paul any pokemons and he would win, this is the plot culmination you cant talk about IFs here its a fact Ash was going to win the story lead to this... give him 6 Darkrais Ash would win and then loose to Takuto Darkrai.

*sigh*

Well, the animation here was excellent. I can't wait to see a high quality version. Sadly, everything went more or less predictably, which in turn makes me kind of bitter to read comments posted earlier in the thread. Paul's send off was good; as much as I wish he would've won, I also realize that for the good of the anime, this loss was inevitable.

Overall, like many others, I don't like the way Torterra performed. I was partially basing my analysis of Ash's maturity on Torterra's success, and honestly... I'm not impressed. He seems to still be unable to master multiple styles of combat, and I still believe that Paul is the better overall trainer.

I wish there were more counters and counter-counters. I think this string of episodes would've been best served showing how the two trainers adapted to each other.

Also, please stop with the whole 'caring beats cruel' nonsense. You make it seem like Paul treats everyone like he treated Chimchar (who at the time was an exception to the rule).

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    *sigh*

Well, the animation here was excellent. I can't wait to see a high quality version. Sadly, everything went more or less predictably, which in turn makes me kind of bitter to read comments posted earlier in the thread. Paul's send off was good; as much as I wish he would've won, I also realize that for the good of the anime, this loss was inevitable.

Overall, like many others, I don't like the way Torterra performed. I was partially basing my analysis of Ash's maturity on Torterra's success, and honestly... I'm not impressed. He seems to still be unable to master multiple styles of combat, and I still believe that Paul is the better overall trainer.

I wish there were more counters and counter-counters. I think this string of episodes would've been best served showing how the two trainers adapted to each other.
    What in the world did you expect? This 3-part ep was still the best 6 on 6 the writers had ever done.

You don't realize how poorly done some older matches were, such as Ash Vs. Gary back in the Johto league, till you go back and rewatch them.

And Paul needs to go. His character staying for BW would be a disaster and would be a total bore seeing a repeat of DP.

If Paul would've won that fight, it would've been a clean sweep between him and ash throughout the entire season and that would've just ticked off a bunch of people. Ash had to get one fight and he got it where it really counts. Paul had to lose sometime and this was a good a time as any.

That was an amazing battle, especially for Paul having only 2 pokemon left and Ash with 3. All of Ash's pokemon fought fiercely during the whole episode from start to finish. It was especially great for Gliscor to take down Drapion with that final Fire Fang, which I love that has that whole explosion when used. It was so satisfying watching as that thing, that swept through 3 of Ash's pokemon easily, burned from being burned by Fire Fang, finally going down. From there it was obvious Gliscor was going down, but it gave its all, though that would have been a good time for Stone Edge. It was pretty cool how Paul had taken a page from Ash's book from earlier in the battle and had Electivire use the field to damage Gliscor.

Pikachu vs Electivire was also an intense battle with the 2 of them clashing and Pikachu getting a nice hit on it. But in the end, Paul learned from his battle with Pikachu and countered back KOing him.

Infernape vs Electivire easily rivals Charizards league battles as best league battle of all time. It was amazing watching the 2 of them going at it back and forth with neither side giving an inch as they clashed. The most epic part was when Infernape seemed down for the count, but Electivire taunted it back to life and brought forth its Blaze for Paul to see it in all its ultimate glory. From that point Infernape gave possibly the most powerful Flamethrower we've seen in the anime followed by a powerful Focus Punch before ending with a Powerful clash with it's Flare Blitz.That had truly been his greatest blaze in all of Sinnoh and I doubt it'll be topped any time soon. It was amazing how it came down to a stare down like their last battle only this time Electivire went down.

It was nice to see that Paul had finally shown to have respect for Ash after the whole time through Sinnoh. It was also nice to see that Paul's pokemon back at home were all happy for him despite the fact that he had lost (But what was up with Honchkrow's eye?) It was an especially nice touch that they played Make a Wish as Ash and Paul said their farewells to one another and that Paul actually waved goodbye allowing them to part on friendly terms. It really was a nice way to send off the greatest rivalry of the show thus far.

In closing, this was really what Sinnoh had built up to ever since Ash and Paul first met 4 years ago back in Twinleaf Town and I have to say, they handled it amazingly. It's just kinda unfortunate that the ending makes the Ash's battle against Takuto out like it's something big when it's not. Had this been the final battle of Sinnoh, they knew how to send out Sinnoh with a blast.
    Last edited by Poke Master 7; 20th August 2010 at 9:33 AM.

Blue likes the Dancing Trpinch so should you.
    If you approve of Black and White's new anime-only lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Quote Originally Posted by Poke Master 7 View Post
    That was an amazing battle, especially for Paul having only 2 pokemon left and Ash with 3. All of Ash's pokemon fought fiercely during the whole episode from start to finish. It was especially great for Gliscor to take down Drapion with that final Fire Fang, which I love that has that whole explosion when used. It was so satisfying watching as that thing, that swept through 3 of Ash's pokemon easily, burned from being burned by Fire Fang, finally going down. From there it was obvious Gliscor was going down, but it gave its all, though that would have been a good time for Stone Edge. It was pretty cool how Paul had taken a page from Ash's book from earlier in the battle and had Electivire use the field to damage Gliscor.

Pikachu vs Electivire was also an intense battle with the 2 of them clashing and Pikachu getting a nice hit on it. But in the end, Paul learned from his battle with Pikachu and countered back KOing him.

Infernape vs Electivire easily rivals Charizards league battles as best league battle of all time. It was amazing watching the 2 of them going at it back and forth with neither side giving an inch as they clashed. The most epic part was when Infernape seemed down for the count, but Electivire taunted it back to life and brought forth its Blaze for Paul to see it in all its ultimate glory. From that point Infernape gave possibly the most powerful Flamethrower we've seen in the anime followed by a powerful Focus Punch before ending with a Powerful clash with it's Flare Blitz.That had truly been his greatest blaze in all of Sinnoh and I doubt it'll be topped any time soon. It was amazing how it came down to a stare down like their last battle only this time Electivire went down.

It was nice to see that Paul had finally shown to have respect for Ash after the whole time through Sinnoh. It was also nice to see that Paul's pokemon back at home were all happy for him despite the fact that he had lost (But what was up with Honchkrow's eye?) It was an especially nice touch that they played Make a Wish as Ash and Paul said their farewells to one another and that Paul actually waved goodbye allowing them to part on friendly terms. It really was a nice way to send off the greatest rivalry of the show thus far.

In closing, this was really what Sinnoh had built up to ever since Ash and Paul first met 4 years ago back in Littleroot Town and I have to say, they handled it amazingly. It's just kinda unfortunate that the ending makes the Ash's battle against Takuto out like it's something big when it's not. Had this been the final battle of Sinnoh, they knew how to send out Sinnoh with a blast.
    Littleroot Town? I know you didn't do that on purpose.

My favourite part of the whole episode was Electivire stopping the Referee's call and taunting like "Hey monkey! Come on! I know you can here me! Come coward!" then Paul said something about him and Infernape said "Revenge shall be mine!"

Quote Originally Posted by LinkG07 View Post
    If Paul would've won that fight, it would've been a clean sweep between him and ash throughout the entire season and that would've just ticked off a bunch of people. Ash had to get one fight and he got it where it really counts. Paul had to lose sometime and this was a good a time as any.

Basically this. And it's not like Ash completely clobbered him--Paul put up a very strong fight and did almost end winning(even though we know Ash was going to win regardless, of course).

Paul is a very strong trainer, and it's quite obvious that he does care for his pokemon despite what a lot of people think. He's just far more harsh than the majority of trainers which makes his character much more diverse than most.

He's awesome and it'll be hard for the producers to come up with a better rival than Paul was.

The unthinkable has happened...I actually like Paul now. He and Electivire didn't want to finish it easily, allowing Infernape to rise again after almost going down, even though it meant risking the battle. Now, Paul actually has gained some level of respect for Ash and Infernape. He's actually a little likable now...

So it's about the point where we never see him again. Figures.
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

To be honest, Of all the songs to be inserted, I did not expect Type Wild to be playing when Infernape used Blaze. It was a very pleasant surprise.

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Yesterday, I was listening to Type Wild a few times and it was an interesting song choice.

Paul's only been gone for a day and I miss him. I hope we get to find out how his Kanto Battle Frontier challenge went.

Someone needs to sub this episode *makes mental note to learn Japanese before something like this happens in Best Wishes*

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    Sadly, everything went more or less predictably, which in turn makes me kind of bitter to read comments posted earlier in the thread.
    Just because it was predictable, that doesn't mean it wasn't awesome.

Paul obviously wont be the main rival anymore since the rivalry has been resolved, but its not like we'll never see him again. He'll probably appear, atleast once in Best Wishes.
    Formerly, Chariking

I just love this ep! The battle was epic, the animation was great, the BG was awesome and Infernape was so badass a 10 outa 10 4 this ep!
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)
    If you want TORTERRA to make the best ever comeback in Isshu, copy this and paste it in your Sig!(Started by dragonpsychicrules)

I guess the only thing I can say is that I liked Ash's attitude, like how much he was enjoying himself in the battle, especially during the Infernape vs. Electrivire match-up. In prior league battles (as in Kanto, Jhoto...), I always sort of got the impression that Ash was always on his heels, trying to come up with some clever strategy on the spot to get out of trouble. It was nice to see Ash smiling a few times in this match, just from pure enjoyment and confidence that he could win, and also b/c Paul is a worthy opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Was Gliscor knocked out... with an Electric attack?

This anime is obnoxious. Anyway, I liked the battle. Saw the Infernape-goes-Super-Saiyan-awesome-fighter-mode coming for a long time now.
    I'm pretty sure it was Brick Break. At less that's what it says on Bulbapedia.

Also on a side note, this episode shows that Pokemon in fact don't forget there moves. Electivire used four moves in this episode, Thunder, Protect, Brick Break, and Thunder Punch. Those were the first four moves it knew(At less for all we know), it then learned Light Screen and Giga Impact after those four. So unless Paul made Electivire remember an old move(Which I doubt), Pokemon don't forget their old moves for new ones. Just saying it for anyone who doubted it.

Can't wait to see this episode! It sounds like Infernape took the spotlight instead of Pikachu!!! Chimchar has always been my favorite Sinnoh starter, and now, he gets to shine!

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon9 View Post
    Can't wait to see this episode! It sounds like Infernape took the spotlight instead of Pikachu!!! Chimchar has always been my favorite Sinnoh starter, and now, he gets to shine!
    Chimchar, Monferno, and Infernape have all shined the most on Ash's team, in my opinion. So it shining is nothing new. It does finally get to show Paul he was wrong and that though.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast