Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you make it past the first gym in yellow?

haha, I use to hate Geodude and Onix when I had to face them but after I would catch and train them.

When I was young I would emulate Ash's team by brock's gym I would have pikachu, butterfree, pidgeotto(lv7), and nidoran( I know it wasn't Ash's but I wanted something different, it would usually replace butterfree's place after I was bored with it.)

With butterfree I would spam Confusion and win
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Yeah, evolved Caterpie into Butterfree so it could learn confusion. Then it became easy.

For some reason I didn't like Nidoran, so I didn't bother training one...

I pretty much did it the hard way. I keep leveling up my mon until I am able to beat him. But like everyone else said, if you don't want to do it the hard way, get a pokemon with a good fighting move.

I'd pretty much just use Butterfree's Confusion and Mankey's Low Kick do the job.

Though at one point I played through Stadium to get the Surfing Pikachu (With Mew and Mewtwo as my main fighters since Pikachu would be at a low level), and used Surf attack on Brock's Pokemon.

I aimed for the horn.

Oh and Butterfree.

nidorina>geodude and onix
    Don't make a girl promise... if you know you can't keep it
    -cortana

A level 13 Pidgey and I won the battle easily thanks to gust xD
    2837 3144 7509 - SS Friend Code, Scorpio.

"Don't worry, all will end soon. All thoughts, all words, all feelings, all your love and hatred. Everything will end here! But again, don't worry, death may bring peace to your soul" - The Blue Scorpion.

They need you to click them! xD

I just used status lowering from Pikachu, Pidgey's gust and I used Nidoran (don't remember is M or F) to waste my time to heal my Pokémon.

Worship the Mudkipz
    1 badge in White. Lvl 17 Servine. Hates 2nd gym leader.

Well, everytime I lost I'd go and face him again.
    I can't remember my tram but it'd probably be easy ones to get like Pidgey (plus Pikachu
    of course).
    Eventually, I beat him. But I had very small amount of money left.

Butterfree + Confusion or Nidoran + Double Kick

Either Nidoran with Double Kick or Butterfree with Confusion. I remember my first time trying to beat Brock with only Pikachu...
    Currently Doing:
    | Platinum Nuzlocke |
    | YouTube |

i caught a nidoran. had it evolve to a nidorina so it learned doulbe kick.
    I JUSS WANNA BATTLE SO IM CALLIN U OUT IF U TINK U CAN TAKE ME ON

SEND ME A PM IF YOU WANT TO BATTLE

A Mankey
    Enough said

I caught a Mankey and a Nidoran. Also Tail Whip'd the Onix 'til his defense couldn't be lowered (had a high leveled Pikachu that wistood its attacks) juust in case.
    Last edited by The Tail; 1st November 2010 at 12:52 AM.

Used Butterfree and spamed confusion.

Darling, electric is not in any way weak to rock. It was Onix and Geodudes second type, Ground, which rendered Pikachus electric attacks useless. But as pretty much everyone else, I used Butterfree/Mankey to get the badge.

I used the popular Mankey Low Kick method, with a little help from Butterfree's Confusion.

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
    Get your own at Pokeplushies!

Random facts about childxofxthexgrave
    childxofxthexgrave loves Black Sabbath
    childxofxthexgrave is a lesbian
    childxofxthexgrave loves things that are Latin American; food, music...women.
    childxofxthexgrave loves Pokemon
    childxofxthexgrave is a Natsume/Sabrina fangirl
    childxofxthexgrave likes referring to herself in third person

Training Pikachu to level 20 so I could defeat Brock with slam. That gym took me so long to beat. But it was worth it.

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

I forced my way into victory!
    I caught a Pidgey first then a Caterpie, evolved it into Butterfree.
    I did it like this first my Lv. 10 Pidgey used Sand Attack up to six stages then switch in with Pikachu Lv. 20 and use Slam over and over Butterfree was for backup in case Slam ran out. When I was fighting Geodude I scored 3 critical hits and two for Onix.
    Sand Attack was to prevent them from hurting my team.
    ------------------------------
    ------------------------------
    Words to make signature look awesome. Nutella, bacon, donuts, and more bacon.

Mankey with low kick, or alternatively, Nidoran with double kick. I prefer the second option because Nidoking is a E4 viable pokemon.
    In progress: Platinum Nuzlocke

Nidoran with double kick... Brock didn't stand a chance.

Easy, Mankey + Butterfree = WIN

Click this link and sign up to the website to start winning things, from game vochers to ebay/amazon and sometimes consoles.

I have won 4 Ł5 amazon vouchers just by completing surveys and accumalating points which can be exchanged for prizes. Please click this link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/legitscopez360?feature=mhee

Visit me and my mates Youtube channel. Please it would help us alot more thank you think. Like/Favourite our videos and subscribe

The commonly stated Nidoran Male + Double Kick combo.

Out of all 1st Generation games, Yellow is the easiest to begin with. Getting past Brock has SO many options... get a Mankey, train a Nidoran until it learns Double Kick, or get a Butterfree and raise to level 12 when it learns Confusion. Even Pikachu himself can do it because it can learn Double Team at level 15, so it can dodge any attack, while patiently wearing Geodude and Onix down (which have inaccurate attacks to begin with).

Pokémon Blue is the next easiest. No Mankey, and Nidoran don't learn Double Kick until they're high enough to take on the Elite Four. So, Butterfree, is the best bet (other than your Starter, of course) - which in this version learns Confusion immediately after evolution, and is easily found on Viridian Forest.

Red version, however, is a bit of a pain if you took Charmander... you also only have Butterfree to rely on, but finding a Caterpie is hard work. While there's a 50% chance (85% if you count Metapods too) to find one in Blue, in Red there's only 5% (10% with Metapods).
    Last edited by Saga; 26th November 2010 at 9:46 AM.

Even at level 10 Butterfree's Confusion pwns Brock's pokemon. The battle lasted maybe 30 seconds.
    Some days you just can't force a smile. :<

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast