Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you make it past the first gym in yellow?

Butterfree's confusion sent geodude and onix reeling

i use mankey.and low kick.... he is fast,and geodude and onix are heavy,so it was easy for me
    You can bite me,but cannot crunch

I remember using a nidoran and training it until it learned double kick. Either that or just catching a mankey and using low kick on Brock's pokemon. xP

~Credits to Nayla-Nouvel (DA) for zee sig~

I used to always use butterfree, even if I had squirtle in red or blue or something. But I just recently started playhing through blue again and decided to go for beedrill instead of butterfree so I just over trained my charmander and beat him with ember xD
    Currently re-playing:
    Blue: 4 badges, silph co

Crystal: 7 badges, dragon's den
    /

I use a butterfree and a nidoran♀ because buterfree is one of my favorite bug type pokemon I use nidoran♀ because i will evolve it into a nidoqueen later. Nidoqueen is my #1 favorite pokemon.
    3DS-FC->2406-5157-1570

credit to ShinySandshrew^

Credit to draya the dark master^

i use mankey.and low kick.... he is fast,and geodude and onix are heavy,so it was easy for me
    Playing FRLG? Weight had no bearing on Low Kick's power back in the day.
    In progress: Platinum Nuzlocke

Quote Originally Posted by Sprintking View Post
    Playing FRLG? Weight had no bearing on Low Kick's power back in the day.
    oh?really? i dont know it....but it works.....so even with wrong thoughts ...but thanks for teach me that
    You can bite me,but cannot crunch

List of things that win easy.

Mankey (Low Kick)
    Butterfree (Confusion)
    Nidorans (Double Kick)
    Pidgey (Sand Attack)

Pidgey requires I teensy amount of luck though. Rattata can win if it starts at about level 14-15. You pretty much need to catch something other than Pikachu to win though.

I caught a Nidoran (doesn't matter really if it's male or female but i like the female one better) and had an effort to make it learn Double Kick. Then everything else went pretty much easy.
    I gave up chasing Mesprits almost a year ago and all. So, yeah, here I am. Let me just...

When in doubt,
    "Move forward, and never fear failure."

Low Kick + Mankey = Win.

I caught a Nidoran. She saved my butt then, and she grew into a Nidoqueen who would continue to save my butt all throughout yellow, body slamming her way through the game.

^^^How did you use mankey? They aren't available til post-Pewter...
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Easy. Mankey, nidoran or butterfree.

Mankey for its high attack and low kick (takes out heavy rock pokemon quite quickly) or if I wasn't in the mood for raising a mankey, nidoran could take quite a few hits while whittling down the rock pokemon's health with double kick. Butterfree with its decent special and with the rock types having not so good special, I could take out Brock's entire team with confusion alone so long as butterfree was at least level 12.

SasakiThePikachu, mankey are obtainable quite close to the start of the game, even before you reach Pewter. Try going left of Viridian City as though you were going to Indigo Plateu but don't go quite that far, the patch of grass where you find nidoran and spearow also has quite a lot of mankey.

Quote Originally Posted by Beechlgz View Post
    Easy. Mankey, nidoran or butterfree.

Mankey for its high attack and low kick (takes out heavy rock pokemon quite quickly) or if I wasn't in the mood for raising a mankey, nidoran could take quite a few hits while whittling down the rock pokemon's health with double kick. Butterfree with its decent special and with the rock types having not so good special, I could take out Brock's entire team with confusion alone so long as butterfree was at least level 12.

SasakiThePikachu, mankey are obtainable quite close to the start of the game, even before you reach Pewter. Try going left of Viridian City as though you were going to Indigo Plateu but don't go quite that far, the patch of grass where you find nidoran and spearow also has quite a lot of mankey.
    Oh, yar. My bad. It's been dog's year since I played Yellow

Wait.........you're telling me I could've caught a Mankey to beat Brock?! *insert curse words here*
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

Mankey all the way. Butterfree might have helped too, it was a long time ago to recall.
    3DS Code - 4554 1391 5341
    Pokémon Y - 718/721 Pokémon Caught

I'll trade you anything I can breed one of.

@PkmnTrainerJ

Default zithromax no priscription drug more use zithromax

what is zithromax prescribed for zithromax allergy with rash zithromax and lorazepam is zithromax bad minocycline and zithromax

I used to use mankey, but Double Team and Potion spamming works just as well if you want to stick with pikachu.

I have left Serebii for greener pastures. These pastures, to be specific.

nidoran. i'm still thankful for back then, every time i meet a wild one now xD

Very first time? In that case... Nidoran F + Double Kick, Nidoran M + Double Kick, Mankey + LowKick, Butterfree + Confusion. Epic win, only ever switched when Brock changed to spread EXP slightly
    Ever wondered what it's like to battle like Ash? No?
    How about Misty, Paul, Brock, Dawn, anybody from the anime?
    Have a go for yourself in the ASB league! Interested? Of course you are! Here's how you get started!
    PASBL Trainer Level 2

like almost everyone else i also used nidoran

Days without 3DS:
    42 and counting
    GOAL: To have a bigger trade shop than varanus_komodoensis & Zold :3
    I have Alpha Sapphire, but my 3DS is broken and I am waiting to receive it repaired.

Mankey or I'd trade over a Squirtle.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

When I was young and didn't know anything, I probably thought it would be cool to go with a Butterfree/Beedrill combo, ignoring types completely.

i was young and i thought by defeating the pokemon they would be caught so there i was going against brock with only my pikachu ;( i got destroyed only until i found out about pokeballs and caught a Caterpie trained to butterfree did i beat him xp
    "And the salt in my wounds isn't burning anymore than it used to. It's not that I don't feel the pain, it's just I'm not afraid of hurting anymore. "- Paramore<3

I seemed to notice that the first few kanto gym leaders seem to be near pokemon who can kill them completely.

Brock - Mankey
    Misty - Oddish/Bellsprout
    Lt Surge - Diglet/Dugtrio (I have never had an easier win than that one)
    Erica - Grimer

But I suppose after that the expected you to have quite a balanced team by then.
    Just a theory, what do you guys think?

Nidoran with double kick just back handers brocks team.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast