Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Final Frontier! (657)

Two freaking legendary pokemon?! Wow, that's really freaking cheap! I can live with the darkrai but a latios?! What would he have sent out next? Mewtwo?

At least now we got the answer as to how Takuto was able to capture a legendary: he used a legendary to do so.

Why would you want Swellow to get two wins? Its Ash's worst bird, maybe fastest, but it has nothing else that the others don't have.
    Swellow might not have anything openly, but when plot empowered, it got godly endurance, that made it a multi-winner in the Hoenn League. But I am still disappointed by the way it got beaten by Latios like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    Actually I'd say Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Charizard and Sceptile are all equals. I don't include Squirtle because it hasn't proved itself the way the other four have. Pikachu, Charizard and Sceptile have all beat Legendary Pokemon while Bulbasaur has beat a Dusclops that beat Charizard (not to mention the tie with Meganium).
    Bulbasaur? It's strong in it's first stage but no way is it on par with Sceptile/Charizard. I'd say Bulba is on par if not strongest the Bayleaf and thats saying alot itself!.

it was Leaf Storm most of us we;re expecting that Sceptile learnt, great fight Gible put up a decent fight until it was knocked out :P theres hope for the little guy who's fast building a decent reputation

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Indragon View Post
    Uh..they did do a decent bit of damage. There's no way Darkrai's going to roll over after a single Leaf Blade, y'know?

Let's not pass on such things as "fact", shall we?
    Yet darkrai showed no sign of damage, that it was still being effected by the 2 attacks in the loss against Sceptile. Gotta love the Charizard lovers trying to make excuses lol

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Why would you want Swellow to get two wins? Its Ash's worst bird, maybe fastest, but it has nothing else that the others don't have.
    Meh, I think Swellow's pretty epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazak View Post
    So a Leaf Blade took out Darkrai. I was hoping Solar Beam atleast!
    Nah, Leaf Blade's the classic Grovyle/Sceptile thing :P

Quote Originally Posted by 19Byakuya19 View Post
    Yet darkrai showed no sign of damage, that it was still being effected by the 2 attacks in the loss against Sceptile. Gotta love the Charizard lovers trying to make excuses lol
    Oh? I'd like to see when Pokemon hold up their arms and show signs of damage while battling. One sees the damage when Darkrai was hit by the attacks. Not 10 minutes later.
    Last edited by Indragon; 26th August 2010 at 12:34 PM.

As we wind on down the road~

Quote Originally Posted by Indragon View Post
    Meh, I think Swellow's pretty epic.

Nah, Leaf Blade's the classic Grovyle/Sceptile thing :P
    Can anyone remember Solar Beam being used at anypoint through out Sinnoh? i sure can't. And yep Leaf blade is it's trademark move gotta love it :P

Yet darkrai showed no sign of damage
    There is no way to proove who is the strongest so what is the point with this argument? Sceptile has gotten stronger at Oaks, so Charizard may be even stronger from Charicific Valley, there is no way to proove who is better, the Charizard fans will scream Charizard and the Sceptile fans will scream Sceptile, I'll just settle with them being equal in terms of strength, yet Charizard may win for type-advantage (yes it doesn't matter much in the anime, but since I think they are equal in strength, as in Sceptile is faster, Charizard is stronger in strength then they equal each other via other stats) but I think Charizard may win it but we can't be sure so there is no point in arguing over it.

Spoiler:- Personality Pony:

He got it by the Megahorn also seems like he healed it but not enough.

Come on, Gible's Draco Meter, and a super effective Mega Horn has to have effect on Darkrai. If you expect a monster like that to be beaten by a single Leaf Blade, and that Sceptile has grown all super saiyan powerful just by one win, you are wrong on that.
    Its true that Sceptile is one of Ash's trump cards, lets not forget about the writer's moods.
    Last edited by Cazak; 26th August 2010 at 12:36 PM.

Sceptile winning against an unbeatable Darkrai?

Swellow is the other pokemon Ash had (now it made sense why it wasn't shown in the previews, it was because it was going up against Takuto's Latios which was the surprise pokemon and they probably couldn't pull a scene with just Swellow attacking like they did with Pikachu). Even if it lost, it's nice to see Ash picked it for the match.

Takuto has not one, but two legendaries...and Ash beat them both. Sure Ash lost in the end but, it's nice to see that he came out of the Sinnoh league beating the undefeated Darkrai and also taking down a Latios.

So epic! This league is just awesome, Infernape being awesome in the Paul match, Sceptile being awesome against Darkrai...so much greatness in this league, I love it!

Did Overgrow activate?
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Are you FRIGGIN KIDDING ME??? LATIOS!!!??? What the hell is this?

Cant wait for the battle though, seems kinda cheap with Dakrai and Latios....interesting how these legendaries were treated like just a bunch of strong pokemon......its only a matter of time before we see Lugia and Dialga being used like this. Even today i saw the Pachirisu getting sick episode, there was a friggin wild Zapdos out of nowhere! And that Heatran.
    Formerly, Chariking

I can't believe that ****ing bird dared to appear in the same league as Noctowl and Staraptor! I am already so ****** off at that battle!!!
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

They shouldn't allow legendaries anymore it is totally unfair to the people that are in their first league tournament.

Yes that is a Female Dino Charge Red. It's a FanFic thing
    3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794

Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshippers View Post
    There is no way to proove who is the strongest so what is the point with this argument? Sceptile has gotten stronger at Oaks, so Charizard may be even stronger from Charicific Valley, there is no way to proove who is better, the Charizard fans will scream Charizard and the Sceptile fans will scream Sceptile, I'll just settle with them being equal in terms of strength, yet Charizard may win for type-advantage (yes it doesn't matter much in the anime, but since I think they are equal in strength, as in Sceptile is faster, Charizard is stronger in strength then they equal each other via other stats) but I think Charizard may win it but we can't be sure so there is no point in arguing over it.
    Since when has type advantage matter in the Anime? that means squat, Sceptile is stronger then Charizard, even if Charizard has been training? so what it's been trained by someone else? wow epic. Sceptile im sure has been training itself at oaks while Ash has been on his journey.

would charizard have beaten Darkrai? i doubt it. probably would of tried Siesmic toss an failed epically.

Hope they show the rest of Takutos squad!

6th pokemon is swellow. Lolz. Out of almost two thousand post on the spoiler thread, no one got it right. What's more surprising is that the six pokemon didn't really do much.

Great to see Pikachu taking down Latios. And Septile defeating Darkrai! Awesome! Darkrai and Latios as a Legendary is a level up from Regis and Articono. Septile is probably at similar level to Charizard now, but it definitely have a higher credit than Charizard.

And wow, now I can shut up about Pikachu's power got reset in DP, and it hasn't achieve as much as it did in BF. Killing a Latios definitely worth more credit than taking down a damage Darkrai or Regice.
    Last edited by Sparklingwater; 26th August 2010 at 1:08 PM.

i hope pikachu doesn't get a power reset in BW like it does every gen. was surprised Sceptile didnt use Solar beam though would of been good.

l laughed at the fact that this guy had two legendaries, congrats Sceptile you finally got a legendary kill and this time your trainer wasn't possesed to cost you.

Latios is like the most totally random pokemon to appear though. I swear they should just let Ash get a legendary now too since thier value doesn't hold anymore apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by ~-Overheat-~ View Post
    Are you FRIGGIN KIDDING ME??? LATIOS!!!??? What the hell is this?

Cant wait for the battle though, seems kinda cheap with Dakrai and Latios....interesting how these legendaries were treated like just a bunch of strong pokemon......its only a matter of time before we see Lugia and Dialga being used like this. Even today i saw the Pachirisu getting sick episode, there was a friggin wild Zapdos out of nowhere! And that Heatran.
    lol, and IIRC, Zapdos was only introduced for TR's shot to miss it and hit Staravia instead :P. Legendaries ain't so legendary no more. *shakes head*

Since when has type advantage matter in the Anime? that means squat, Sceptile is stronger then Charizard, even if Charizard has been training? so what it's been trained by someone else? wow epic. Sceptile im sure has been training itself at oaks while Ash has been on his journey.

would charizard have beaten Darkrai? i doubt it. probably would of tried Siesmic toss an failed epically.

cool story bro

As we wind on down the road~

Eh, I've not seen it yet, but, from the sounds of it, Ash did well.

Ash is gonna go out of the Sinnoh Leuage with some serious fame in the world now [Well, it IS being aired all over]. He basically came second, because no-one else took down Darkrai... especially when you bear in mind Darkrai was KO'ed just the prior day.
    PASBL's own Fossil Nutcase

Sorry idk if I can ask for links..
    but umm where could I watch the episode??
    I usually watch it on youtube, but it should be on in like 2 o 3 hours
    is there anywhere else??
    I missed it on keyhole

Pokemon fan since 1999

seismic toss would have been super effective against Darkrai, its a dark type not a ghost type.

Umm Oak is basically training Scept, Char is training at Charicific valley, both still belong to Ash except one is doing outside training, so that one point is null.

I never said that Advantage meant anything, if you look in the brackets at the beggining i mentioned how it doesnt matter much in the anime, it was just a small point.

No evidence to proove surperiority and besides Char only finishes the entire match with Seismic Toss, he has beaten other opponents without it, so he could have beaten Darkrai without it anyways, think about Magmar, Articuno and Blastoise was an ending of the match victory from Seismic Toss .

What you are doing is showing bias favouritism, I don't really care who is strongest I'm just pointing out facts, you have no evidence that Char couldnt win, heck in this anime, anyone can win on the writers whims, all I was trying to do was say we can't really know who is the strongest so why argue?

Spoiler:- Personality Pony:

So, pretty much the game was over once Latios came around.

Anyone have an image of its appearance?

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

Seriously writers?...Another legendary without a hint of foreshadowing?

Man, Ash just can't get a break. Anyway, what is Ash's standing in the league?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast