Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Final Frontier! (657)

indeed he could of provided he used his best team and went with power.

I hope ashs tries a paul stragety in the upcoming BW saga and has a couple or 3 power houses and the others are there to wear down the enemy. whilst the powerhouses come in and sweep.

hey does anyone know the name of this soundtrack?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOl1iD_hwbs in the very beginning before the battle against Takuto. if anyone can tell me that would be much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightdsb View Post
    I haven't seen this one yet, have to wait for youtube uploads.. but JESUS LATIOS?
    Proud of Pikachu, even a tie is pretty much a win against a legendary it had a disadvantage against, and he was last up as expected.

Sceptiles win. He goes up a rank in my book. Ash's top 5 is now easily
    Charizard=Pikachu>Sceptile>Infernape=Snorlax IMO
    With the power gaps being incredibly small. It also hurts me as a Zard fan that I can't call him Ashs clear strongest any more
    To think just a couple of hours ago I had Sceptile as not being in Ash top 5, lol.

I really must see this before I go away for the weekend with no internet!
    Does it really matter? Wasn't it supposed to be a team effort?

But back on the topic of the thread, I am really ****** off on this guy. I mean spamming legendary is not the best thing. I hope he appears again next time in Isshu league and Ash beats him. And that guy with Magmortar was even weaker than Ash and I feel like Ash got cheated just like Nando. If only he had battled that Magmortar trainer in Semis then he would have made it to Top 2.

So the episode was kind of epic and best league ending battle to me. Torkoal and Gible were a little disappointing in accordance to their hype but I still liked the fact that Sceptile took out Darkrai. It would have been better if Pikachu had defeated Latios too but I still think it was nice way to show Pikachu's region end power.

You know, in hindsight, it was quite obvious that Sceptile was going to defeat Darkrai. The amount of focus it got in the preview was astounding. Also, any new moves for it?

And now we know why number 6 (Swellow) wasn't shown- because it was battling Latios, who was obviously meant to be a surprise.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

where can u find part 2 for the Ash vs Takuto battle? i can only find part 1 on youtube ?

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightdsb View Post
    You know, in hindsight, it was quite obvious that Sceptile was going to defeat Darkrai. The amount of focus it got in the preview was astounding. Also, any new moves for it?

And now we know why number 6 (Swellow) wasn't shown- because it was battling Latios, who was obviously meant to be a surprise.
    ye it learnt Leaf Storm :>)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    Once again someone ignores Bulbasaur's success simply because it isn't evolved. It's beaten opponents Pikachu and Charizard lost to and had a draw with a fully evolved grass starter. It is equal to Pikachu, Charizard and Sceptile. Bulbasaur and Sceptile are powerful in different ways but still equals.
    Thats why people shouldnt try to guess stuff without proof...

So I guess in this world using and catching SOME legendaries does not result in the world ******* up. I'm guessing this guy has a Latias.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by 19Byakuya19 View Post
    They are not equals, id love to see Bulbasaur trying to beat Sceptile or Charizard in a 1 on 1 battle it would lose quite badly. It's just the writers overhyping ash's bulbasaur. Anything can happen if they wanted they could make Ratatta beat Arceus.
    If Sceptile is stronger than Bulbasaur it wouldn't be by very much. They'd still have a pretty close battle. Remember Bulbasaur has had a tie with another fully evolved grass starter, Meganium, and this was a while back and it has gotten stronger since then.

I am not saying Bulbasaur is stronger than Sceptile, I'm saying they are equals.

i feel disappointed in the fact that Takuto practically outclassed everyone. whatever happened to the legendary status of pokemon? were the writers just trying to end the saga faster by having an opponent that could beat any pokemon that is non-legendary? i just feel that it was severely unfair to the characters, especially ash who could have gotten farther in the sinnoh league. THIS WAS HIS BEST PERFORMANCE YET, especially making it to the top 4. i kind of felt that ash would not win, with there only being 2 episodes left, but this was unnecessary. i guess its also a consolation that ash beat 2 legends, as stated earlier, but it was still overkill to give Takuto 2 legends. hopefully isshu will be much better.
    friend codes:
    diamond - 2235 9887 2777
    platinum - 4426 4220 5970
    white - 4985 5040 1077

The error Ash made wasn't his choice of Pokemon, no it wasn't that, it was the fact that he flipped his cap too late in the game, just imagine if he did that from the start, the second that cap was turned around, his Pokemon seemed to get like 4x stronger in terms of endurance, Sceptile went down to 1 giga impact, Pikachu was hit with lots and still didnt go down, I guess this means Pikachu is the strongest? XD joke, but who knows, Sceptile couldnt take a giga impact but Pika could, this just prooves how we can never evaluate the strength of Ash's pokemon to find which one is indeed superior.

Spoiler:- Personality Pony:

If I were a judge in that tourney, I'd have disqualified Takuto for using Ubers.

What a cheater...

If Sceptile is stronger than Bulbasaur it wouldn't be by very much. They'd still have a pretty close battle. Remember Bulbasaur has had a tie with another fully evolved grass starter, Meganium, and this was a while back and it has gotten stronger since then.

I am not saying Bulbasaur is stronger than Sceptile, I'm saying they are equals.
    Evolutions do matter and they do make pokemon awhole lot stronger otherwise whats the point in having the evolutions in pokemon in the first place if they didnt make much of a difference?

Ok but there not equals, it would be Ash's joint 3rd or 4th strongest grass type.

Bulba has been overhyped and the writers made it look powerful when its at the level of a Bayleef.Turtwig is the Bulbasaur done right.

Bulba wouldnt get knocked out quickly but it wouldnt last long against Sceptile,Charizard or Snorlax.

I think, now that I've watched the episode again, that it was a great achievement to beat two of Takuto's pokemon, since even the trainer in the finals lost 6 pokemon vs Darkrai. BTW that trainer has Magmortar, and according to the board he has also Ursaring and Empoleon..? Someone knows who are the others I can't see so good who they are.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Am I the only one who is kind of dissappointed Swellow lost so easily? Because Swellow is one tough bird and was equal to Sceptile as powerhouses during Hoenn. I mean I knew they probably wanted Pikachu in there so they had to let Swellow lose but I at least wished they let it put up more of a fight.

And this also ends Swellow's win streak, because it has gotten at least one win in EVERY single battle it has been in (not counting as a Taillow). This part dissappointed me more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    I think, now that I've watched the episode again, that it was a great achievement to beat two of Takuto's pokemon, since even the trainer in the finals lost 6 pokemon vs Darkrai. BTW that trainer has Magmortar, and according to the board he has also Ursaring and Empoleon..? Someone knows who are the others I can't see so good who they are.
    Where are you watching the episode? can you link me plz.

Quote Originally Posted by 19Byakuya19 View Post
    Where are you watching the episode? can you link me plz.
    link removed

thats part two
    Last edited by S.Suikun; 26th August 2010 at 4:21 PM.

Spoiler:- Personality Pony:

By reading all these posts, I can see a lot of mixed emotions. I missed the episode, but you guys gave a good summary, thanks! Besides, I only cared to see Ash-Paul battle, so that I got to see at 3 AM :S Anyway, I have been ready for Best Wishes anyway :b

I agree with unown?, the legendary status is not that rare anymore, but its one thing that he had a Darkrai, Brandon had a Registeel, and so on, but if I see a trainer in the future with a Mew or Mewtwo, I am just gonna stop watching the anime, thats just a bunch of bull.
    Last edited by PokéVeteran1992; 26th August 2010 at 2:59 PM.

I actually agree. Bulbasaur just needs to prove itself more if the masses are going to believe it though. I'd love for Bulbasaur and Squirtle to come back and both beat legendaries at the end of Best Wishes tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

Excellent episode. It's about time that Ash fell under the hands of Ubers

Though I did wish Ash selected better Pokemon for his lineup. 4/6 of his team got OHKOed, which lessened the action greatly. Latios would've liked more show besides just Giga Impacting and Luster Purging things.... (and using Light Screen vs Pikachu...but that didn't count).
    aka Jibaku on Smogon

I'm wondering what Takuto's other four Pokemon were: Probably Heatran, Cresselia, Rayquaza, and Zapdos

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNfanatic35 View Post
    I'm wondering what Takuto's other four Pokemon were: Probably Heatran, Cresselia, Rayquaza, and Zapdos
    if he has latios id say he probably has caught latias aswell? One of the 3 legendary dogs and possibly one of the 3 legendary birds.. And maybe something like Jirachi? or something

The dude who was up against Takuto in the final couldn't even beat Darkrai so I guess it is pretty likly that Satoshi would have won the whole league if it weren't for Takuto's Über Pokémon.

Although I was kinda disappointed that Torkoal lost so quickly and that Swellow, while looking pretty epic as usual couldn't land a hit on Latios I was more than happy my Sceptile's battle.

I just LOVE Sceptile. And even the Pikachu battle was awesome. This battle ( and the Froslass one) really shows that Pikachu can still be very entertaining in battles.

Yeah, Takuto was cheap and I really would have liked to see his other Pokémon but in the end Satoshi really grew during this league. Beating his stronges rival ever AND 2 legendary Pokémon in one battle.
    I thought this episode would be average, but in the end it was intense and very entertaining.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

if he has latios id say he probably has caught latias aswell? One of the 3 legendary dogs and possibly one of the 3 legendary birds.. And maybe something like Jirachi? or something
    Yeah, he's probably got a whole PC Box full of legendaries like I do in my Pearl game lol

I just LOVE Sceptile. And even the Pikachu battle was awesome. This battle ( and the Froslass one) really shows that Pikachu can still be very entertaining in battles.
    Yeah, Pikachu has beaten a Regice and a Latios, very impressive resume. In BW however they'll probably have Pikachu go back to losing against the first gym leader's weakest Pokemon like they usually do. (Losing to Roark's Onix when it knows Iron Tail? Wow...)

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

To be honest, I didn't expect Ash would draw with Takuto's second Pokemon; I thought he would lose. It's nice to see the return of Ash's Hoenn Pokemon and I'm glad Pikachu got some more screentime before his traditional level-resetting. Yay, Paul cameo!

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast