Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Final Frontier! (657)

P.S. THE DUB KEPT ALL THE JAPANESE MUSIC!!!!!! OMFG!
    That, and Tobias should sound more than a bit familiar for anyone who's seen Ouran or Black Butler.

I didn't expect Tobias to sound so grown up. I kept wondering who his voice actor was.

Well, that is it.

DP189: The Semi-Final Fontier!

The final episode of the DP Sinnoh League, so how amazing this episode will be I'm not sure. But I was looking forward to seeing Ash VS Tobias would go.

First 5 minutes of the battle, Tobias's Darkrai elimates all of Heracross, Torkoal and Gible. Glad to see Heracross was able to get a hit with Megahorn in (from using Sleep Talk), but after a sequence of using Dark Void + Sleep Talk (Heracross's move) + Dream Eater = The end of Heracross. So both sides got a even amount.

Torkoal, I was a shame to see get pumbled so soon. In about 10 seconds, he was knocked out from Dark Pulse. Owch.

Gible wasn't too bad eiter, good as Heracross I must say. I dodged Ice Beam and nailed Darkrai with Rock Smash; though it doesn't do much damage even if it is Super Effective against a Dark Type. Draco Meteor would have also done good damage if Darkrai didn't dodge it, but I didn't expect much to happen there. Once Dark Pulse fired again, Gible out! O_O

Now for another awesome Pokemon; Sceptile! Been looking forward to this part. At first, the battle wasn't looking good, while being asleep from Dark Void and attacked with Dream Eater. But once it woke up and took action with Leaf Blade, that attack was so slick and TOOK OUT DARKRAI. Now that was what I was talking about, what a great defeat. Noting that Darkrai hasn't been defeated by any other trainer in the Sinnoh League. But coming up next for the 2nd Pokemon under Tobias's belt...

Latios... omg. It's so epic, but insane at the same time. This guy is nuts. It's a shame Sceptile didn't last very long, after Latios defeated him with Giga Impact for the first move.

Now for Swellow, another awesome Pokemon to the battle field. What I liked about this was that it looked like a epic sky battle. Hoenn Pokemon as well! A shaming that Swellow lost after a few battles.

So 1 Pokemon on Tobias's team defeated, and 5 on Ash's. Intense.

For the final match of this battle, I was surprised to see Ash's Cap turned around! Yush, been awhile since he's done that. And for this last Pokemon; Pikachu. No way Ash will want to lose this battle. I believe we all wouldn't want him too, seeing how fast this League has gone, but oh well.

For Pikachu VS Latios, it was definitely the most intense battle, and the music was really beautiful in the background. 2nd would have been Darkrai VS Sceptile. Anyways, I'm shocked at how long Pikachu lasted in the battle; it looked really tough at the point where he could only attack at the right time. And once Pikachu got on Latios's back, and continuously used Thunderbolt, it reminded me about The First Movie, just from the sound of Pikachu using Thunderbolt. Sounded quite like the time in the movie he used the movie on Ash when he was turned to stone. Really deep.
    For the final strike, I'm surprised to see Volt Tackle break through Luster Purge, which really made a incredible moment in this battle. O_O

For the winner... both Pikachu and Latios fell to defeat. Draw, but Tobias wins 2-6. Honestly, this is a lot better then loosing to Darkrai from 0-6. That would have been a terribly rushed Battle, but I'm glad it didn't turn out to be that way.

Ash has really proven his worth in the Semi-Finals, but a shame that hes out of the competition. Tobias wasn't half-bad either, and his voice actor fitted him very well, so I was quite pleased.

Now for Rush Hour: In like 1 minute, Tobias is shown to defeat his opponent in the Finals with ONLY Darkrai. Ash impresses me more, after I heard that. And with the conclusion of the Sinnoh League closing ceremony, guess it went off with a bang. Again, I'm upset that not a lot was shown besides the handing of the Sinnoh League Trophy to Tobias and putting out the Flame.

Once the episode was about to end, it's interesting to see that Brock notices how Ash and Dawn are still up for their journeys to be Pokemon Master and Top Coordinator. But then he asks himself about him; wasn't he going to be the best Pokemon Breeder? And when he asked that, it reminded me of May when she said the somewhat exact thing.

It's also saddening that Barry's send off was brief, but at least he wasn't forgotten. I'm gonna miss that silly Rival. Same for Paul, considering we saw him as well, during the battle taking place. Guess he really didnt leave like he was going to last episode haha.

Anyways, that's it for this episode. It's just upsetting that the League went by so fast. Especially for the Finals and other battles really. Not too bad of a League though; it was definitely an exciting archive. I'm also glad that Ash made it to the Top 4 and gave it his all.

So now that the League is over, what's next...?

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by Pika Hikari KT View Post
    That, and Tobias should sound more than a bit familiar for anyone who's seen Ouran or Black Butler.
    Brings the whole Vic voicing Dento theory into more light. Also when Brock questioned his dream did he sound like Eric Stuart or was it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by 9Tales View Post
    I didn't expect Tobias to sound so grown up. I kept wondering who his voice actor was.
    Well I think that Tobias is supposed to be an adult.

Anyways this was a nice battle although it sucked to see Ash lose to a guy with 2 very powerful legendaries. It was amazing to see that Ash was the only one who took out any of Tobias' Pokemon.

The only thing that I would've changed would've been the line-up. Infernape would've been a good choice although after that battle with Paul I guess it's too worn out. I would've substituted him for Torkoal. It was unfair that Torkoal got taken out so easily. Swellow put up a good fight but I think that it should have taken on Darkrai. Gible could've gotten Latios with Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse. If the writers wanted they could've used Charizard against Latios since it has Dragonbreath.

Anyways it was an ok episode but DP188 was a lot better.

Brings the whole Vic voicing Dento theory into more light.
    Not really, Tatum was just at New York Anime Fest when Tom Wayland asked him to record an episode. Of course, he didn't turn that down.

While I did enjoy this episode, you have to admit, it was a cheap way to Ash lose. But what can you do. But despite Ash's loss, he took down 2 legendaries which no other pokemon league participant could of have done.

Too bad Tobias could had more a backstory either, like how did catch the legendaries? How he even found them? Some questions like those will be left unanswered.

But overall in the league, Ash did awesome. Even he's in the Top 4, from the 4, he was the 2nd best behind Tobias giving credit he's the only one who knocked out a pokemon.

My thoughts on the episode why didn't ash surprise everyone and use his "Secret weapon" if you get who I'm talking about

I just knew that Ash would lose because I mean come on, he's facing an uber team! It takes little to no skill to beat an UU/NU team using an uber team. This is destroyed my prediction on the B&W saga being a complete reboot taking place in an alternative universe. When will they ever let Ash win the league?

I enjoyed the battle, but did anyone else get vertigo when pikachu was knocked off latios miles in the air and they did a downwards shot of the stadium as he started to fall!?

Does anyone know from the siluotettes what the 2nd place trainer's team was;
    magmortar and electivire and perhaps a granbull but I can't make out the rest.

also gible shoudln't have been used after 2 wins already and if Ash was going to do a best of the best team but without Sinnoh pokemon because they were tired from Paul it should be:

Charizard
    Kingler
    Sceptile
    Snorlax
    Heracross
    Glalie (but he wouldn't not use Pikachu)

in my opinion.

>.> Tobias is such a n00b...

Loved the battle though!~

“...This is a tricky problem, huh. I really, really want to see the other Heroes... and if it works out, I want to make friends with them! If I made friends with six Heroes, I’d be an awesome mage! We could even conquer the world!”
    -Flatt Escardos, Fate Strange Fake
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204
    tumblr|fanfiction

Is no one commenting on the lack of Dub BGM?

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by herbophiliac View Post
    I enjoyed the battle, but did anyone else get vertigo when pikachu was knocked off latios miles in the air and they did a downwards shot of the stadium as he started to fall!?

Does anyone know from the siluotettes what the 2nd place trainer's team was;
    magmortar and electivire and perhaps a granbull but I can't make out the rest.

also gible shoudln't have been used after 2 wins already and if Ash was going to do a best of the best team but without Sinnoh pokemon because they were tired from Paul it should be:

Charizard
    Kingler
    Sceptile
    Snorlax
    Heracross
    Glalie (but he wouldn't not use Pikachu)

in my opinion.
    One of the silhouttes (the one before Magmortar) looked like Mismagius. The writers probably used Gible so Ash could have a Pokémon from Sinnoh in the battle. Ash used at least one Pokémon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn & Sinnoh in his battle:

Kanto- Pikachu
    Johto- Heracross
    Hoenn- Sceptile, Swellow & Torkoal
    Sinnoh- Gible

Maybe that is what the writers were aiming for and so maybe they didn't use one of Ash's Other Sinnoh Pokémon because they were just recently seen. Would have been nice if Ash had used Totodile & Bayleef as opposed to Gible & Sceptile, but whatever.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Is no one commenting on the lack of Dub BGM?
    They kept all the BGM intact keep it up guys. What else is there to say? I sure hope you're not suggesting that this is a bad thing, are you?

This episode was great. It was cool to see Dark Void, Dream Eater, and Luster Purge. It was nice to see Ash's Torkoal, Sceptile, and Swellow again. The battle against Ash and Tomias was very intense.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy
    Yeah, pretty much. You don't bring a minigun to a soccer match, you don't hit
    below the belt in boxing, and in the anime, you don't use Darkrai and Latios
    in a Pokémon competition. Not without looking like a huge **** who's incapable
    of sportsmanship.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem
    Also, I know I wouldn't want to watch a sport where one side just totally dominates the other.
    Takuto should not have been competing. I wouldn't call him skilled, but his Pokemon are on
    a completely different level than everyone else.
    Did he just one-shot all the Gym Leaders' Pokemon as well? What fun is that?
    Exactly. Takuto felt so out of place, more like something you´d
    expect to see in the Champion league. Excluding the semi-final, he pretty much
    OHKOed his way through the whole tournament without even bothering
    switching his Darkrai.

It was like watching an olympic athlete participate a junior tournament.
    What´s the point for him even participating? Where´s the challenge
    and sportsmanship?

I don´t mind a reasonable challenge, but having some random dude coming
    from out of the blue with a team of good knows how many legendaries
    was just waaay too much.

I still admit it was an epic, emotional battle and battlewise amazing finale,
    Ash put up a terrific fight + the hat flipping deffo scored points from me.

I was surprised there were no mini cameos this time, besides Paul.
    No shot of May, Misty, Max, Tracey, Gary, Delia or Oak watching the match.
    Last edited by Hjörung´s wrath; 22nd January 2011 at 8:23 PM.

Also a supporter of:
    ***** Advanceshipping and Pearlshipping *****
    Banner by me

Wow, even when Tobias tried not to sound arrogant, he sounded arrogant. I liked his VA though, so that's something worth mentioning. This episode did keep all of the Japanese BGM, but I didn't enjoy it much since they pretty much messed around with the music in all previous Sinnoh League episodes. As for the battle: I didn't find myself liking it until the end where Latios and Pikachu are in the sky above the stadium and Pikachu falls off its back. I loved how it just dove down with Volt Tackle and delivered the final attack of the battle. One thing I hated more than Tobias though, was how Barry just leaves with a "later!". How sad, considering how much I love that guy. Also, this sums up Tobias's Latios:

Spoiler:- Lololol:

I found that on another site, and I fell over laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by uncutpokemon View Post
    They kept all the BGM intact keep it up guys.
    There are only 2 more episodes of Diamond & Pearl left. I'd say it's too little, too late :/

They kept all the BGM intact keep it up guys. What else is there to say? I sure hope you're not suggesting that this is a bad thing, are you?
    Hell, no. It's great!

Though this begs the question as to why they have some episodes with very few Japanese and other episodes with all the Japanese BGM.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    There are only 2 more episodes of Diamond & Pearl left. I'd say it's too little, too late :/
    Not true, there's an entire new series to dub after this, and I think Best Wishes would be a very nice place to start using all the music. I actually think that at this point it wouldn't be out of the question for BW to do just that, seeing as their "experiment" of using all the music in select episodes lately has been well received, it could happen, it's not out of the question at least.

First, I was really bummed out at the end of the episode. I mean I really would like to see Ash win a league he deserves it...

Second, Tobias is so cheap, I mean Darkrai and Latios?!!! I mean even if Pikachu would have lasted the battle with Latios I mean Tobias probably would have had Latias or another type of Legendary, in my opinion it just wasn't fair.

Not true, there's an entire new series to dub after this, and I think Best Wishes would be a very nice place to start using all the music. I actually think that at this point it wouldn't be out of the question for BW to do just that, seeing as their "experiment" of using all the music in select episodes lately has been well received, it could happen, it's not out of the question at least.
    I could happen but only time will tell.

Plus, if they do replace the BGM in BW, they better make newer and better music.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
        Spoiler:- Lololol:
    This. Ash's expression and reaction to Latios was hilarious. He knew he was going to lose.

Good episode for ending the league. The battle was pretty good for a curbstomp. I love how Brock finally realized that he's been wasting his time.

My only complaint is Torkoal. That was the worst voice I've ever heard. It's a shame, because it got to appear for a few seconds.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

I have made an effort to determine who Tobias's opponent in the finals would have used.
    Here is the picture of the scoreboard for reference

The first pokemon seems to be a Granbull to me. At a first glance it could seem to be a variety of pokemon but the side of the head seems to be more consistent with Granbull's huge fangs.

The second pokemon obviously is an Empoleon.

The third is an indistinguishable blob that takes up the whole space, but I will get back to what I think this is in a minute.

While at a quick glance the 4th appears to be a Pikachu, if you look at the shoulders it looks more like Zangoose

The fifth pokemon is really hard to identify. I looked through every pokemon's head trying to find a match, and eventually decided it was either deformed Salamence or deformed Infernape. If we remember the times that Paul and Ash have used a Torterra, it always takes up the whole spot on the scoreboard, so if we assume that the big blob is Torterra then this fifth pokemon would logically be an Infernape so that this finals trainer has the fully evolved forms of all three Sinnoh starters.

The last pokemon was shown to be Magmortar in the brief cut-scene type win.

Is anyone proud of me? <3

-Well, an Over-uber team finally hits the anime!

-Even though he lost, Ash will be remembered for taking down 2 legendaries!! inside and outside the league, he won't be forgotten!

-Torkal's voice--- not gonna bother commenting knowing how i feel about these VAs.

-I have to say, this league will go down as the most intensed, watched, memorable league in Pokemon anime history! And it was pretty long too. Each Ep. had Ash pitted against his rivals, except Barry. And his and Paul's was so hyped-up that it had to be a 3-parter and today's ep. that's a total of 7 i believe. All the others were 6 eps a league!

-At the end I was surprised by what Brock was thinking about. He always wanted to be a breeder now he's changed his mind?

-As much as this gen has had some memorable eps. I'll be glad when its finally over! Most of the entire Sinnoh Anime seasons really grated my nerves, including Team Rocket, Dawn, Piplup, sometimes Ash and the VAs. But i'm still skeptic about Best Wishes, seeing as how I haven't heard any changes at production, im guessing PUSA will still be at the helm of dubbing it?

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

Good Job Ash.. be Proud.... you did Good.

you where the only one of the whole league who beat one of Tobias's Pokemon.

I loved all the effects and camera angles used in this episode.. it really did make the episode Epic.

Well another Pokemon league has come and Gone,.. and each time I hold my head up at the closing Ceremonies.

Now it;s time to say goodbye.. and next stop,.. the Unova Region.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast