Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Final Frontier! (657)

Quote Originally Posted by Commander L. Halsti View Post
    I'm usually against Ash, when it comes to Pokemon battles. But this episode has been a farce greater than Rangers bribing the referees in the Scottish Premier League.(People who follow Scottish football/soccer will get my drift.)
    A Trainer applies to the Pokemon League with 6 Legendary Pokemon, most likely. Cheater. It is stated that having Legendaries controlled by humans would disrupt the balance of the world. That is why Ash has no Legendary in his team.

Not only that, but only 1 Pokemon of Tobias is known, before the battle starts. Shouldn't there be some kind of regulations that requires you to state which Pokemon will you use, in the League? And that should appear in the Trainer Database Conway, and Paul accessed in one episode.

Heracross with Sleep Talk should not have fallen in one hit. Just no. In 3 hits, at the very worst.

Dark Pulse failed to hit Gible properly, when he was defeated. It was not a direct hit. Big screw-up from the writers.

I don't know what were the writers thinking, when they were doing this episode, but this is an awful way to end up Sinnoh League. This is the worst episode in the anime, so far.
    From what I understand the trainer databases are formed by information obtained from previous battles official to the sinnoh league so gym battles and previous sinnoh league rounds. So in this case, if Tobias has only used Darkrai in his entire campaign Ash had no way in knowing the other five pokemon because no one but Tobias had seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by weredogs View Post
    I know i commented already but Team ash should have used are he should of had the original 4+2 others or
    Charizard,Pikachu, Primape,Sceptile, Swellow, Snorlax

Primape could have been a possibility but heracross or Infernape more likely though.

And My thoughts http://i54.*******.com/2m43gh2.png
    In order
    Granbull
    Empoleon or Electivire (Going out on a limb to say this cause it's highly unlikely GiratinaO)
    Torterra or
    Zangoose
    Mismagius
    Magmortar (To me looks like a Dusknoir)
    I thought the torterra shadow looked more like a magnezone and I agree with the zangoose instead of pikachu/raichu because the ears are that little bit pointier and the face that little bit rounder. I also thought the Magmortar looked more dusknoir-ish but we know a magmortar was used so we can't argue with the graphic.

---

I really enjoyed this weeks episode. I found it exciting but also it created a sense of anticipation for me. For example, when Darkrai was defeated (which was a shock for most people if not everyone) thoughts went thought my mind that I didnt think would ever appear. In this case I thought he was going to pull out another Darkrai to finish off the battle but no, a latios sprung out and impressed me even more. I think the writers used these legendaries because they were unique to a league for a start so it was something different but also legendaries are seen as the eye catchers of pokemon so when little kids see that on TV they go 'I want that pokemon I must go to the latest event to get one or trade with someone immeadiately!'

There is also one more reason which concerns me a little. I get the sense that the writers are scared that if Ash wins a league that is the end of his journey and thats no more show that includes Ash and they risk introducing a new main character which in my opinion I wouldn't want. I don't think it would be the end of Ash's story even if he wins a league. I think a pokemon master should be able to win leagues in numerous regions so Ash can still move on to another region to compete in their league and it doesnt make much of a difference because he uses an entirely new team. The only time Ash needs to go to the elite four of champions league is when the pokemon animé is coming to an end and it finishes in a huge finale.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Quote Originally Posted by Orton155 View Post
    I thought the torterra shadow looked more like a magnezone and I agree with the zangoose instead of pikachu/raichu because the ears are that little bit pointier and the face that little bit rounder. I also thought the Magmortar looked more dusknoir-ish but we know a magmortar was used so we can't argue with the graphic.
    I thought the torterra shadow was a big black void at first. >( But then I studied it more clearly, and I think I saw an antenna. And Magmortar DID look like a Dusknoir to me.

I was so pissed off when I saw Tobias's Latios, and even more pissed when I saw Tobias winning the league. That cheater doesn't deserve to win! >:-(

But I kind of like that little Brock moment at the end - It's nice to see Brock getting so much attention for once.
    I derp.

"Don't take chances! Don't make mistakes! But get Messi, definitely get Messi!" - If Joachim Loew quoted Ms. Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Taavetti View Post
    Out of the three, I'd marry the soccer ball.

You guys can complain and call Tobias a cheat or a noob all you want (he's not a noob if he can train legendaries) I'm happy that Ash took an effective 2nd place in a tournament and the writers feel that Ash is so strong that the only plausible way to take him out of the league is some unbeatable legend catcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

man i wish tobias only had a darkrai and the rest of his team were magikarps
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Just to have this happen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45Ybhv7mP-4

Because that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by streetlightdsb View Post
    You guys can complain and call Tobias a cheat or a noob all you want (he's not a noob if he can train legendaries) I'm happy that Ash took an effective 2nd place in a tournament and the writers feel that Ash is so strong that the only plausible way to take him out of the league is some unbeatable legend catcher.
    I don't think Tobias was a cheat. If I was that awesome and could catch two legends I'd use em. I just wanna know how he caught them really.

But it was a cop out for the writers. I just can't get a grasp on Pikachu. One battle he sucks, the next he takes on a Latios, come on now. Either way, had Ash used his best pokemon against Paul, he would have won much easier. I mean, Torterra clearly sucks, yet Sceptile laughs at Dream Eater from a legend and dices him up with one leaf blade. That's legit.
    Volt Tackle's #1 fan
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/s2fn76.jpg[/IMG]
    Diamond fc:4468 1368 0835 ign: psfrag
    Heart Gold fc:4555 2145 5815 ign: psfrag

Fan Fiction

Well, Sceptile has the experience and skill to back up him beating the crap out of Darkrai. Look all throughout AG. He got tons of focus and training, let alone his fighting spirit.

I almost didn't want to watch this episode... seeing that how Ash got beaten by a friggin' Darkrai & a Latios!!

& frankly, Tobias' only redeeming quality is the fact that he respected Ash for taking down both of them; if it weren't for that, I would've liked to put a sniper bullet right between his eyes.

& once Ash is out of the way, his last opponent was little more than a mere stepping stone on his path towards the championship.

In all, this episode appalled me - Ash's endeavors in the League started with a bang, but ended with a whimper. All I can say is that I pray to god that "someone" would be able to defeat Tobias' team... possibly Cynthia...

All this whining. I don't see many complaints about Brandon beating Paul using THREE legendaries AND being allowed to switch(unlike against Ash).

I wouldn't care so much if people were simply pissed at him beating Ash but... really? Calling him cheap because he used Latios and Darkrai?

Ash faced a better trainer/catcher. Even he was just a plot device.

Latios was not cheap- How the heck is it cheap to use your best Pokemon here? I mean, it's like complaining that Milan is allowed to field Zlatan Ibrahimovic just because he happens to be one of the best soccer/football players in the world.

I can see why it's limited in the video games(because video games are based around balance).

Actually, why isn't Ash using his best? This is a bloody tournament.

It's amazing what a difference that keeping the japanese music can do, With the exception of a few voices here and there, the episode was enjoyable.

I just can't help but wonder why Ash used mostly his Hoenn team for the battle? didn't they already get a league of their own back in the Hoenn region where he said he wouldn't use any old pokemon?

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    I just can't help but wonder why Ash used mostly his Hoenn team for the battle? didn't they already get a league of their own back in the Hoenn region where he said he wouldn't use any old pokemon?
    Not to mention, unlike the Johto team, they really had nothing new to offer, unless you want to count Leaf Storm which was commanded but never actually used.

It was a repetition of everything Hoenn offered, Sceptile being the star, Torkoal always being the loser.

I quite liked this episode. I thought it was funny seeing Ash get slaughtered by legendaries. However, i am glad that Ash managed to take out a couple of Tobias' pokemon though.
    3DS Friend Code: 2165-5759-7889

FINALLY got around to watching this episode.
    And, I loved it to pieces. I thought the battle was really, really good and enjoyable. Ash's losing was a foregone conclusion, but this was an excellent send off.

Even if he did lose 6-2, I thought he held up for himself quite well and you could just feel the determination oozing from him and his Pokemon. Do have to feel sorry for Torkoal, though; poor guy barely had a chance to do anything.

edit: Other things:
    -While the music was good, I don't see why everyone and their mother oozes over the Japanese soundtrack. It's not that amazing guys. Shoot, had I not read Dogasu's thing for this, I probably would have never noticed.
    -I like Brock's line about his goals. Just because it took him so long to realize he hasn't really done much to advance himself as a breeder.
    Last edited by R_N; 30th January 2011 at 12:19 AM.

Finally got to see this. It was a great episode. Ash faces against Tobias, the Darkrai trainer. Darkrai looks tough, but Ash manages to beat it with Sceptile. Then comes Latios, it beats Sceptile and gets knocked out with Pikachu. Ash loses, but he did his best. That wraps up the Sinnoh League.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    While the music was good, I don't see why everyone and their mother oozes over the Japanese soundtrack. It's not that amazing guys. Shoot, had I not read Dogasu's thing for this, I probably would have never noticed.
    I believe that it's because the dub music from TPCi is bland and the JPN music is better in comparison. Everyone's frustrated because TPCi sometimes leave JPN music out.

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

They should have shown Tobias's whole team.... but its totally legit if he has a Darkrai... It shows he caught it with his own skills but the battle was awesome... Taking out two legendary pokemon is something like impossible.... Would be great to see Tobias with his legendaries battle against Cynthia

Torkoal is fail lol

To those who say "Well Brandon had three legendaries,and Noland had an Articuno!",remember who they are.Brandon's a Fronteir Brain,on par with the Elite 4,and an archeologist,so we can understand why he's got legendaries.With Noland we're told how he met Articuno and befriended it(he didn't catch it,allowing it to retain mystique.)

But with this guy?We have no idea just who he is,and what makes him worthy of a Darkrai and Latios.There's no real build-up beyond him pwning people with Darkrai.And even if,even if they gave the best darn explanation why he had them,it doesn't change the fact that the writers gave the middle finger to Ash

Apart from those that beat the legendaries,the rest were knocked down like bowling pins.We didn't see them giving their all,but be torn apart.The icing on the cake is Tobias' total lack of enthusiasm or real emotion.When Darkrai is knocked out,we didn't see him act like "Holy ****,my Darkrai was beaten?That's never happened before!"No,you saw a total disintrest in his face,making his words that "he was impressed at Ash" forced and hollow.It exposed him for what he truly was-a poorly concieved plot device implanted to prevent Ash from victory

If anyone wants to write a fanfic where he gets crushed,go write ahead.If you want to complain to the writers,go ahead.I hope the reason why the TR trio has risen in their ranks is due to them stealing Tobias' Pokemon-at least they're being used for the good of the story
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

FT: (all shiny)
    LF: (all shiny)

Okay, I just thought of something...

It had seemed somewhat logical when Sceptile finished off Darkrai. After all, Darkrai had already been hit by Heracross's Megahorn and Gible's Rock Smash, both super-effective. However, Darkrai used Dream Eater on Heracross and Sceptile both, so it had healed. Perhaps not enough to be back to full strength, but close enough. So Sceptile's Leaf Blade more-or-less OHKO'd Darkrai. That's pretty impressive, although it's not totally unbelievable. After all, Darkrai has been shown to OHKO most of its opponents, so it never really needed to build up its defense. Still...
    Dimensions of Darkness - on hiatus l Sgt. Froakie - ongoing l Envoy - upcoming

harmoNy - one-shot l The Piplup and Chimchar Variety Hour - on hiatus
    Author's Profile

Latest Chapter (Sgt. Froakie): Chapter 2 - Beware the Cute Ones
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the awesome sig!

Quote Originally Posted by GalladeRocks View Post
    Okay, I just thought of something...

It had seemed somewhat logical when Sceptile finished off Darkrai. After all, Darkrai had already been hit by Heracross's Megahorn and Gible's Rock Smash, both super-effective. However, Darkrai used Dream Eater on Heracross and Sceptile both, so it had healed. Perhaps not enough to be back to full strength, but close enough. So Sceptile's Leaf Blade more-or-less OHKO'd Darkrai. That's pretty impressive, although it's not totally unbelievable. After all, Darkrai has been shown to OHKO most of its opponents, so it never really needed to build up its defense. Still...
    I'm guessing since Leaf Blade has a high critical hit ratio in the games, translated into the anime as "secretly" hitting Darkrai with massive damage.

I'm bugged by the fact that Tobias had a Darkrai and a Latios, but the battle was good. I was really happy when I saw Sceptile again. I still would have liked to have seen other older Pokemon but it was ok overall.
    [IMG]http://i55.*******.com/2jfhsm0.png[/IMG]
    Credit goes to EzzPeon!!

Quote Originally Posted by tmmay View Post
    I'm bugged by the fact that Tobias had a Darkrai and a Latios, but the battle was good. I was really happy when I saw Sceptile again. I still would have liked to have seen other older Pokemon but it was ok overall.
    His third pokemon would probably have been Latias

For a short time after this episode was released in Japan, I had this really weird theory that Deus Ex Machina (No, I'm not calling him by name because that's what he is) was in fact a very clever, very real illusion created by this Darkrai/Latios duo who wanted to test their powers out.

But I'm over that now. I still hate this episode though. If there was going to be a legendary Pokemon in the league, they could have easily used the Heatran shown in the episode where Cyndaquil evolves.
    Last edited by De HotShot Mon; 7th February 2011 at 1:14 AM.
    I sometimes use "uber" Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

I don't care about EVs. If you don't either, copy and paste this into your sig. (Started by Shiny Metagross)

This episode annoyed me because you knew that Ash wouldnt be able to win. But at least he gave his best and the Darkari was defeated. It seemed a bit rushed though wasnt one of the best episodes

i think it was a good episode but it bugged me that ash got thrown around like a tool after that epic battle with paul

at least sceptile was the one score the KO and pikachu was a little beast against latios

shame that torkoal and swellow got like 5 seconds of action =/
    Some rules are made with all intentions to break
    And she defends it with a warped rationale
    But I've seen what happened to the wicked and proud
    When they decided to take on the throne for the crown

Facebook | Last.fm | Backloggery

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast