Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Final Frontier! (657)

OK this what it is about: Thobias wanted to play Uber.
    Fine. Lugia, latias, giratina and stuff time to pay the help in the movies.
    True result: Ash would win the Shinoh League.
    My shop is now open! Can't find your flawless pokemon? Well, look no further! Just come to my place:
    ****GLACE's 'lil Shop of Flawless Shiny Pokemon****

Friend codes
        Spoiler:- Friend codes:

Tobias's uber sweep reminded me of my first playthrough of Blue version when I would just plow away everything in the game with legendaries. Made everything super easy, but later on I got bored with this strategy and realize it didn't show I was good at the game. That's the way I felt about this episode - a very lazy and cheap way to finish off D/P/Pt series on the writers' part with Ash's elimination in the tournament. On the plus side, we can add Sceptile to the list of Ash's pokemon to have defeated ubers.
    DP Friend Code: 2235 7217 1822

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    To those who say "Well Brandon had three legendaries,and Noland had an Articuno!",remember who they are.Brandon's a Fronteir Brain,on par with the Elite 4,and an archeologist,so we can understand why he's got legendaries.With Noland we're told how he met Articuno and befriended it(he didn't catch it,allowing it to retain mystique.)

But with this guy?We have no idea just who he is,and what makes him worthy of a Darkrai and Latios.There's no real build-up beyond him pwning people with Darkrai.And even if,even if they gave the best darn explanation why he had them,it doesn't change the fact that the writers gave the middle finger to Ash
    You don't need to know how he got his pokemon, if anything it adds more to him, and please if they really wanted to give him the middle finger, he would've been swept and Tobias would've lost none of his pokemon, but that didn't happen DID IT! I swear anytime the writers do something like this people whine because he's different from other trainers and the battle didn't go down to the wire. But that's why I didn't mind it at all.

The icing on the cake is Tobias' total lack of enthusiasm or real emotion.When Darkrai is knocked out,we didn't see him act like "Holy ****,my Darkrai was beaten?That's never happened before!"No,you saw a total disintrest in his face,making his words that "he was impressed at Ash" forced and hollow.
    He showed a look of shock on his face, when Sceptile had awakened, and how do you know that it was never beat JUST BECAUSE it managed to beat the other trainers & gym leaders IN SINNOH? How do you know they haven't battled elsewhere?
    He was impressed with Ash because he was able to do what none of the gym leaders or trainers at the sinnoh league were able to do. What's so forced about that?

This episode was good. It was great to see Ash battle Darkrai and Latios in the Semi-Final battle. Heracross, Gible, and Torkoal unfortunately got knocked out very easily by Darkrai. Darkrai was really powerful. It was cool to see Sceptile finally knock Darkrai out with an Ice Beam attack. Latios was really powerful as well, easily took down Swellow. Pikachu vs Latios was a great battle. It was so intense, and Pikachu did so well that it ended up in a tie. Unfortunately Ash lost the whole battle after the tie. It was cool to see Dark Void and Luster Purge attacks for the 1st time.

79/100

This episode was great. I loved the part where Ash lost the Sinnoh League!

One of the best episodes.the match was totally one sided.didnt understand why ash used pokemon like torkoal!
    Black FC: 5114 6378 8529

SoulSliver FC: 1721 3048 0725

I HAVE CLAIMED HIM !!!!!!!!!!!!

My awesome trade shop!

Quote Originally Posted by menonabhi123 View Post
    One of the best episodes.the match was totally one sided.didnt understand why ash used pokemon like torkoal!
    Because they've faced legendaries before.

Pikachu- Regice
    Sceptile- Regirock and Deoxys
    Swellow- Deoxys
    Torkoal- Registeel

Quote Originally Posted by Tails_Sliat View Post
    Because they've faced legendaries before.

Pikachu- Regice
    Sceptile- Regirock and Deoxys
    Swellow- Deoxys
    Torkoal- Registeel
    true, but to use torkoal and swellow against a known uber sweeper like darkrai was just plain foolish imo........what were charizard, snorlax, infernape and glalie doing? playing with oak? agreed charizards not accessible in oak's lab but still......ash's choice was just pathetic

My awesome trade shop!

true, but to use torkoal and swellow against a known uber sweeper like darkrai was just plain foolish imo........what were charizard, snorlax, infernape and glalie doing? playing with oak? agreed charizards not accessible in oak's lab but still......ash's choice was just pathetic
    It doesn't really matter what pokemon he used. The results would have been the same. OHKO's were inevitable, whether it was Torkoal, Swellow, or even Snorlax, Glalie, Tauros, etc.

It doesn't really matter what pokemon he used. The results would have been the same. OHKO's were inevitable, whether it was Torkoal, Swellow, or even Snorlax, Glalie, Tauros, etc.
    hmm yeah probably, but atleast ash could have ko'd a few more pokemon of tobias....im really curious about his other pokemon which nobody got to see!

My awesome trade shop!

hmm yeah probably, but atleast ash could have ko'd a few more pokemon of tobias....im really curious about his other pokemon which nobody got to see!
    Not really, I don't think the writers would have wanted Ash to KO more than 2 or else they wouldn't have given him a Latios right after Darkrai.

Not really, I don't think the writers would have wanted Ash to KO more than 2 or else they wouldn't have given him a Latios right after Darkrai.
    i think it was a rude end to ash's attempt at winning the sinnoh league.....oh well whats gone is gone, he better win the unova league this time around!

My awesome trade shop!

That Darkrai, its so powerfull...Sceptile did do some good damage in the battle! that Latios was also really strong if you ask me D:
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

i just watched this episode for the very first time today! and i have to say it may have been one of the best battles in the series. i think it gives a glimpse to the fact there are really strong trainers in the pokemon universe that have the means to have any pokemon no matter how rare or powerful they may be.I think it also shows how far along ash as come in the series by even being able to take out 2 of Tobias's pokemon but that ultimately ash is a very small part of the trainers in the world of pokemon, while he is the perfect person to follow around for the series i would love to see more of trainer's like Tobias because he cannot be the only one out there!
    I wanted out so badly!But i could not just walk away with nothing!
        Spoiler:- Thanks!:

I found this episode quite entertaining. It was one of the best battles of the entire Diamond & Pearl saga, and had very amusing combinations!
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

In response to he claims that Ash could not have won, I disagree. Maybe Snorlax or someone could have beaten Darkrai, and Tobias himself admitted that Gible's Draco Meteor could've defeated anything but Darkrai. Latios is weak to dragon. OHKO if Gible fights it. Next up are likely more legends, but Ash played it badly. Sceptile, Heracross, Gible, and Pikachu were good choices. Torkoal and Swellow were there so that they had league time. They were bad choices. Snorlax is his only PKMN that can take nearly anything to the face, and there were better choices besides.

I'm not trying to put Ash down or anything in any way, but I wasn't that surprised that he lost.

I mean, it seems to be tradition that the writers make him lose every league he competes in. (Minus the Orange league, but that one really wasn't as big of a deal as the others, so it didn't really count)

- I wonder what Tobias's other four Pokemon were?

- It wasn't until the middle of the match that I realized Ash was pretty much using his Hoenn team.

- I have always wanted to see a Latios (or Latias, if that was just possibly one of his Pokemon that didn't get shown, maybe) in the anime out side of the fifth movie!
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

-lol darkrai surviving a super effective mega horn AND rock smash
    -lol torkoal is hella useless
    -lol double giga impact by latios
    -lol power of the plot
    -lol rushed end of season

much respect to ash, if not for trollbias, he would easily have won the sinnoh league tournament.
    Animes:
        Spoiler:- ...:

Mangas:
        Spoiler:- ...:

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMudkip View Post
    In response to he claims that Ash could not have won, I disagree. Maybe Snorlax or someone could have beaten Darkrai, and Tobias himself admitted that Gible's Draco Meteor could've defeated anything but Darkrai. Latios is weak to dragon. OHKO if Gible fights it. Next up are likely more legends, but Ash played it badly. Sceptile, Heracross, Gible, and Pikachu were good choices. Torkoal and Swellow were there so that they had league time. They were bad choices. Snorlax is his only PKMN that can take nearly anything to the face, and there were better choices besides.
    Well apologies for quoting a old post,but you gotta understand that if the writers want ash to get squashed they can do so with any Pokemon,they would have made him use charizard ,snorlax and still make those Pokemon get ohkoed by darkrai.......the writers wanted him to lose 0-4,they did it.Also thinking pokemon x>pokemon y in anime is always wrong,and are mostly fans assumptions.So your assumption that torkoal is weak is false,it managed to hold it's own against registeel.Another example, pikachu which drew with a latios was defeated by a servine belonging to a trainer who hardly has 3 badges under his belt.Can you explain this inconsistency? NO.Writers wanted him to lose,he lost that's all!

Okay, time has passed. Over time I have contemplated what has happened, and I realised the deal with Tobias. Essentially, the writers felt that Ash was dangerously getting close to Mary Sue levels. They felt that the only way to make sure Ash loses and has a reason to go to Unova is by beating him with game breakers. Hence Tobias and his legendaries. Though, I would've had a
    team like this

Tobias' Pokemon
    Darkrai
    Vital Spirit Primeape(it would be the most effective way to capture a Darkrai, who's motif is triggering sleep)
    Serperior(we might as well show a Unova Pokemon. Harrison showed us a Blaziken back in the Johto finale)
    Rhyperior and Magnezone(we've seen Paul use two 1st gen evos, why not Tobias)
    Latios(because the Pikachu/Latios battle was the best part of the episode)

Ash' Pokemon
    Heracross
    Snorlax
    Sceptile
    Charizard
    Gible-Gabite(evolution, and to see the effects of Draco Meteor)
    Pikachu
    Shinies: (Gift) (In-game event) (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi

FT: (all shiny)
    LF: (all shiny)

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Okay, time has passed. Over time I have contemplated what has happened, and I realised the deal with Tobias. Essentially, the writers felt that Ash was dangerously getting close to Mary Sue levels.
    Now why would Ash change his name to Mary?

This episode proves why trainers shouldn't have legendaries in the anime.

Sure, seeing Ash losing is nice, he almost always wins, it's good that he loses sometimes too. But a good league battle should be exciting, like Ash vs. Gary and Ash vs. Harrison (in the Jotho League). This battle was way too one-sided.

Also, legendary Pokemon should be special and should not be captured in the anime. I also didn't like Noland (Articuno) and Brandon (Regirock, Registeel, Regice) to have legendaries. Sure, Ash defeated them and had some awesome battles, but still, trainers in the anime should not have legendaries.

Also, Ash had a bad lineup of Pokemon. Ash used Torkoal. Sorry Torkoal fans, but Torkoal is simply not good enough to battle legendaries. If I were Ash, my team would've been Pikachu, Snorlax, Charizard, Sceptile, Heracross and Bayleef.

This episode was great too. It was cool to see Tobius use Darkrai again. It was too bad that Ash's first three Pokemon got taken out rather easily. I'm super glad that my Favourite Pokemon's evo, Sceptile, got to take out Darkrai. It was also Awesome to see my favourite Legendary, Latios. Keeping Sceptile in was quite a bad idea. Pikachu did a very good job trying to take out Latios. Too bad it was a tie. It was cool to see Tobius win the Sinnoh League with only two Pokemon.

Best ending to a league ever. The writers must have messed up the timing somewhere (probably that year break they took between gym battles). Torkoal doesn't even get to do much before getting knocked out. The whole battle was a just a blur of "What the hell am I watching?" and I will never forget it. It was a lot more funny than it was sad though just because of how the way it went down.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    This episode proves why trainers shouldn't have legendaries in the anime.

Sure, seeing Ash losing is nice, he almost always wins, it's good that he loses sometimes too. But a good league battle should be exciting, like Ash vs. Gary and Ash vs. Harrison (in the Jotho League). This battle was way too one-sided.
    Why should every endiing battle in the league come down to the wire? That to me is boring and predictable. You have to do something to break the mold every now and then.

Also, legendary Pokemon should be special and should not be captured in the anime. I also didn't like Noland (Articuno) and Brandon (Regirock, Registeel, Regice) to have legendaries. Sure, Ash defeated them and had some awesome battles, but still, trainers in the anime should not have legendaries.
    I only agree with this if the trainer having a legendary is nothing notable. Like the nurse joy in the Brock Special having a Latias. Otherwise it's fine, as long as the writers don't overdo it.

Also, Ash had a bad lineup of Pokemon. Ash used Torkoal. Sorry Torkoal fans, but Torkoal is simply not good enough to battle legendaries. If I were Ash, my team would've been Pikachu, Snorlax, Charizard, Sceptile, Heracross and Bayleef.
    What exactly is so special about Bayleef in this battle that would be better than Donphan, Tauros, Kingler, Muk, Torterra, Staraptor, & Infernape.

As for Torkoal not being a good choice to battle legendaries, his Registeel battle showed him holding his own.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast