Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: The Semi-Final Frontier! (657)

Quote Originally Posted by raichu27 View Post
    I think Ash should've used his Charizard, Infernape, or something instead of Torkoal.
    It's not as if a different Pokemon would've made any difference though: Tobias would've defeated whichever Pokemon Ash used regardless. Ash simply needed to lose. :/

I'm not one of the people who completely despised this battle, in fact I quite liked it, but I do think there could've been some fair changes to make it a bit more worthwhile for Ash's team.

Firstly, I'd have had Heracross struggle back up from the Dream Eater and get recalled, before sending out Torkoal to get its loss (albeit not so quickly). Then Gible wouldn't have come out, it would've gone straight to Sceptile for the defeat, before Tobias sent out, let's say a Cloyster, to Ice Beam the gecko into oblivion.. Then Heracross would've come back out and Focus Punched the crap out of Cloyster before being defeated by the Lucario that I think almost everyone had predicted Tobias to have at one point or another.. Lucario would've destroyed Heracross, then gone up against Swellow, who would deal a butt ton of damage before being recalled after a hard hit, allowing Gible to swoop in and take the victory. Gible would then take on the next opponent, getting hit hard, but evolving and winning as a Gabite. It would then get quickly defeated by Latios, followed by Swellow, before Pikachu came out and tied. This means that Tobias would've of course won without using a sixth, still using both Legendaries but having some other Pokemon in between.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but it would've at least fleshed out the battle a bit and put Ash's first dragon type on a pedestal.. but ah well, like I said, I enjoyed it anyway.
    OR Playthrough - Currently In Training

I don't really have the time or patience to focus on nature's and IV'S, I just play with what I'm handed..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I'm not one of the people who completely despised this battle, in fact I quite liked it, but I do think there could've been some fair changes to make it a bit more worthwhile for Ash's team.

Firstly, I'd have had Heracross struggle back up from the Dream Eater and get recalled, before sending out Torkoal to get its loss (albeit not so quickly). Then Gible wouldn't have come out, it would've gone straight to Sceptile for the defeat, before Tobias sent out, let's say a Cloyster, to Ice Beam the gecko into oblivion.. Then Heracross would've come back out and Focus Punched the crap out of Cloyster before being defeated by the Lucario that I think almost everyone had predicted Tobias to have at one point or another.. Lucario would've destroyed Heracross, then gone up against Swellow, who would deal a butt ton of damage before being recalled after a hard hit, allowing Gible to swoop in and take the victory. Gible would then take on the next opponent, getting hit hard, but evolving and winning as a Gabite. It would then get quickly defeated by Latios, followed by Swellow, before Pikachu came out and tied. This means that Tobias would've of course won without using a sixth, still using both Legendaries but having some other Pokemon in between.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but it would've at least fleshed out the battle a bit and put Ash's first dragon type on a pedestal.. but ah well, like I said, I enjoyed it anyway.
    Not bad. I quite liked this battle too though if I had to rewrite it I'd go for
    Heracross v. Darkrai: Darkrai
    Torkoal v. Darkrai: Darkrai though Torkoal does more damage
    Gible v. Darkrai: Gible Recalled after Ice Beam
    Sceptile v. Darkrai: Sceptile
    Sceptile v. Emboar (Show off the Unova strters): Emboar
    Swellow v. Emboar: Swellow
    Swellow v. Lucario: Lucario
    Gible v. Lucario: Gible Evolves
    Gabite v. Lucario: Gabite
    Gabite v. Latios: Latios
    Pikachu v. Latios: Draw

Ash with a more respectable 6-4 loss. Tobias' team gets fleshed out more so the complaints of Legend hax get shut up. And Gible gets some more focus while Sceptile and Pikachu still get their BAMF moments.

Signature Credit: The Comet

I would have liked to see:

Darkrai vs Heracross: Darkrai
    Darkrai vs Gible: Darkrai
    Darkrai vs Sceptile: Sceptile (extended fight)
    Lucario vs Sceptile: Lucario
    Lucario vs Glalie: Draw
    Latios vs Swellow: Latios (extended fight)
    Latios vs Pikachu: Draw

This would have been possible in the scope of one episode.

Darkrai defeats Heracross and Gible the way he does in the show (tanking a couple of hits but restoring himself with Dream Eaters), before falling to Sceptile in a tougher fight. Sceptile falls to Lucario easily afterwards. Glalie and Lucario battle to a double KO. Swellow duels Latios in a longer aerial dogfight before finally falling, leading the way for Pikachu to draw. Sceptile earns a win. Pikachu and Glalie draw. Swellow has a strong showing, and Gible and Heracross fought admirably as they did in the actual episode.

Ash substitutes Torkoal for Glalie, resulting in a team comprising of 2 tier-1s (Pik, Scep), 3 tier-2s (Gla, Swel, Hera), and 1 high tier-3 and trump card (Gib).
    "It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther...And then one fine morning -
    So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."

Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

[this battle was pretty epic. It sucks though that it was essentially a 6 vs 2.
    Last edited by jrizza88; 29th July 2015 at 8:14 PM.

Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

It's an epic battle, no doubt, but every time I watch it I feel really sad. It's like it was the only way to make Ash lose.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819