Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: The Semi-Final Frontier! (657)

Quote Originally Posted by AdrenalinDragon View Post
    I thought this battle really sucked on first watch. I'm not a fan of Ash losing horribly without a good reason (Indigo used the disobedient Charizard for example as a really good plot device to make him lose the League badly)
    This post is covered in irony.

Ash lost horribly, the reason being that he faced two god damn legendary Pokemon managing to defeat one and draw with the other. That was a feat worthy of winning the Sinnoh League since no other trainer managed to do so.

This episode was pretty epic, and one of all-time favorites.

That being, the criticism I have for it:

* Ash used have used his entire Hoenn team (Pikachu/Corphish/Torkoal/Sceptile/Swellow/Glalie). I mean Heracross was a strategic pick but he already got a battle before, and Gible featured heavily against Conway. Corphish and Glalie should have been used instead. Corphish/Torkoal/Swellow/Glalie should have taken out Darkrai with Glalie getting the win. Glalie/Sceptile should have taken out Latios with Sceptile getting the win. And Pikachu should have drew against third Legendary.
    * Torkoal has battled a Legendary before in Brandon's Registeel and almost beat it. No way it should have died that easily.
    * Swellow losing to Latios that quickly was complete PIS considering Swellow built a reputation for stamina and toughness. I would have loved to see an aerial duel before Swellow got KO'd.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Takuto is surely insane since his Darkrai wins all but one battle. I think Darkrai learning Reito Bimu is not necessary since it is an ice type move and done little to develop Darkrai. Takuto should command Darkrai to use Nightmare which is much better suit in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by zhixun View Post
    Takuto is surely insane since his Darkrai wins all but one battle. I think Darkrai learning Reito Bimu is not necessary since it is an ice type move and done little to develop Darkrai. Takuto should command Darkrai to use Nightmare which is much better suit in my opinion.
    Ice Type moves have some of the best coverage.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Dark/Legendary Master View Post
    Ice Type moves have some of the best coverage.
    But these moves should be used before the battle with Takuto. The selling point of a legendary Pokémon is to show off some signature moves or something remarkable. Reito Bimu is being overly used in my opinion especially Hikari's Mimirol knows it.

But these moves should be used before the battle with Takuto. The selling point of a legendary Pokémon is to show off some signature moves or something remarkable. Reito Bimu is being overly used in my opinion especially Hikari's Mimirol knows it.
    Darkrai used it's signature move in Dark Void and Latios used Luster Purge. A balanced moveset is key and 4 Moves of the same type just won't work at a high level. Ice Beam is one of the best coverage moves. It's inclusion is justified

My Tumblr

Darkrai used it's signature move in Dark Void and Latios used Luster Purge. A balanced moveset is key and 4 Moves of the same type just won't work at a high level. Ice Beam is one of the best coverage moves. It's inclusion is justified
    Nightmare is not dark type either. Moreover it makes more sense to use Nightmare than Reito Bimu because that is the strategy to knock out Pokémon while sleeping.

Nightmare is not dark type either. Moreover it makes more sense to use Nightmare than Reito Bimu because that is the strategy to knock out Pokémon while sleeping.
    Dream Eater is literally Nightmare with a bonus. It's the better version of Nightmare basically. It'd be pointless to have no the moves in Darkrai's moveset. That'd be like having Ember and Flamethrower instead of discarding Ember for a better move or one with more type coverage
    Last edited by Dark/Legendary Master; 25th August 2014 at 7:06 AM.

My Tumblr

Well, I liked that we got to see Sceptile battle again. And Pikachu vs Latios was pretty epic.
    The rest sucked.

I can't help but wonder if Tobias was used on purpose as a deliberate mock of those players who use nothing but legendary pokemon in WiFi battles. If so, then they should have given Darkrai and Latios their shiny colours. That would have been the icing on the cake.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

Dream Eater is literally Nightmare with a bonus. It's the better version of Nightmare basically. It'd be pointless to have no the moves in Darkrai's moveset. That'd be like having Ember and Flamethrower instead of discarding Flamethrower for a better move or one with more type coverage
    Fine with your argument but I think Darkrai should use other moves that it learns naturally. Nightmare is better suit Darkrai because that is what it is describe to be, the Pokémon who creates nightmares while people or Pokémon are asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Z I L L I O N Z View Post
    If pikachu can tie with a latios, he better not lose to some joke next season.
    Looking back at this statement I can't help but chuckle (in a sad way)

My Tumblr

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718