Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
Results 451 to 467 of 467

Thread: The Semi-Final Frontier! (657)

  1. #451
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotel Cortez
    Posts
    58,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raichu27 View Post
    I think Ash should've used his Charizard, Infernape, or something instead of Torkoal.
    It's not as if a different Pokemon would've made any difference though: Tobias would've defeated whichever Pokemon Ash used regardless. Ash simply needed to lose. :/

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    8,707

    Default

    I'm not one of the people who completely despised this battle, in fact I quite liked it, but I do think there could've been some fair changes to make it a bit more worthwhile for Ash's team.

    Firstly, I'd have had Heracross struggle back up from the Dream Eater and get recalled, before sending out Torkoal to get its loss (albeit not so quickly). Then Gible wouldn't have come out, it would've gone straight to Sceptile for the defeat, before Tobias sent out, let's say a Cloyster, to Ice Beam the gecko into oblivion.. Then Heracross would've come back out and Focus Punched the crap out of Cloyster before being defeated by the Lucario that I think almost everyone had predicted Tobias to have at one point or another.. Lucario would've destroyed Heracross, then gone up against Swellow, who would deal a butt ton of damage before being recalled after a hard hit, allowing Gible to swoop in and take the victory. Gible would then take on the next opponent, getting hit hard, but evolving and winning as a Gabite. It would then get quickly defeated by Latios, followed by Swellow, before Pikachu came out and tied. This means that Tobias would've of course won without using a sixth, still using both Legendaries but having some other Pokemon in between.

    Not everyone's cup of tea, but it would've at least fleshed out the battle a bit and put Ash's first dragon type on a pedestal.. but ah well, like I said, I enjoyed it anyway.
    SM Planned Team

    I don't really have the time or patience to focus on nature's and IV'S, I just play with what I'm handed..

  3. #453
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    4,101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    I'm not one of the people who completely despised this battle, in fact I quite liked it, but I do think there could've been some fair changes to make it a bit more worthwhile for Ash's team.

    Firstly, I'd have had Heracross struggle back up from the Dream Eater and get recalled, before sending out Torkoal to get its loss (albeit not so quickly). Then Gible wouldn't have come out, it would've gone straight to Sceptile for the defeat, before Tobias sent out, let's say a Cloyster, to Ice Beam the gecko into oblivion.. Then Heracross would've come back out and Focus Punched the crap out of Cloyster before being defeated by the Lucario that I think almost everyone had predicted Tobias to have at one point or another.. Lucario would've destroyed Heracross, then gone up against Swellow, who would deal a butt ton of damage before being recalled after a hard hit, allowing Gible to swoop in and take the victory. Gible would then take on the next opponent, getting hit hard, but evolving and winning as a Gabite. It would then get quickly defeated by Latios, followed by Swellow, before Pikachu came out and tied. This means that Tobias would've of course won without using a sixth, still using both Legendaries but having some other Pokemon in between.

    Not everyone's cup of tea, but it would've at least fleshed out the battle a bit and put Ash's first dragon type on a pedestal.. but ah well, like I said, I enjoyed it anyway.
    Not bad. I quite liked this battle too though if I had to rewrite it I'd go for
    Heracross v. Darkrai: Darkrai
    Torkoal v. Darkrai: Darkrai though Torkoal does more damage
    Gible v. Darkrai: Gible Recalled after Ice Beam
    Sceptile v. Darkrai: Sceptile
    Sceptile v. Emboar (Show off the Unova strters): Emboar
    Swellow v. Emboar: Swellow
    Swellow v. Lucario: Lucario
    Gible v. Lucario: Gible Evolves
    Gabite v. Lucario: Gabite
    Gabite v. Latios: Latios
    Pikachu v. Latios: Draw

    Ash with a more respectable 6-4 loss. Tobias' team gets fleshed out more so the complaints of Legend hax get shut up. And Gible gets some more focus while Sceptile and Pikachu still get their BAMF moments.

  4. #454
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Local Group
    Posts
    5,856

    Default

    I would have liked to see:

    Darkrai vs Heracross: Darkrai
    Darkrai vs Gible: Darkrai
    Darkrai vs Sceptile: Sceptile (extended fight)
    Lucario vs Sceptile: Lucario
    Lucario vs Glalie: Draw
    Latios vs Swellow: Latios (extended fight)
    Latios vs Pikachu: Draw

    This would have been possible in the scope of one episode.

    Darkrai defeats Heracross and Gible the way he does in the show (tanking a couple of hits but restoring himself with Dream Eaters), before falling to Sceptile in a tougher fight. Sceptile falls to Lucario easily afterwards. Glalie and Lucario battle to a double KO. Swellow duels Latios in a longer aerial dogfight before finally falling, leading the way for Pikachu to draw. Sceptile earns a win. Pikachu and Glalie draw. Swellow has a strong showing, and Gible and Heracross fought admirably as they did in the actual episode.

    Ash substitutes Torkoal for Glalie, resulting in a team comprising of 2 tier-1s (Pik, Scep), 3 tier-2s (Gla, Swel, Hera), and 1 high tier-3 and trump card (Gib).
    Thank you FairyWitch for the artwork!

  5. #455
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,019

    Default

    [this battle was pretty epic. It sucks though that it was essentially a 6 vs 2.
    Last edited by jrizza88; 29th July 2015 at 9:14 PM.

    Name: Arugula
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Kanto
    Posts
    152

    Default

    It's an epic battle, no doubt, but every time I watch it I feel really sad. It's like it was the only way to make Ash lose.

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Planet X
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    I wish Ash had used Glalie or Bayleef in place of Gible here but I know it wouldn't have changed anything. I wish Ash had made Top 2 though. 6/10

  8. #458
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    6,701

    Default

    Hmmm well Tobias was essentially invincible here which makes me wonder why he even bothered challenging the league since he seemed so above it. I liked how Pikachu tied with Latios however since at least this way Ash took down two pokemon and lost with dignity. :3

  9. #459
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4

    Default

    The writers should have made Ash enter the finals only to lose to Tobias since they were going to make the trainer Tobias was going to face in the final lose without even taking out 1 of his pokemon.Overall good job for Ash taking out Darkrai but the writers could have done better.

  10. #460
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    New Pork City
    Posts
    1,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irwin02 View Post
    The writers should have made Ash enter the finals only to lose to Tobias since they were going to make the trainer Tobias was going to face in the final lose without even taking out 1 of his pokemon.
    But if that had happened, they would've had to skip a whole round...

  11. #461
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    But if that had happened, they would've had to skip a whole round...
    Then they could just extend the league for 1 more episode cuz it would make it better to let Ash be in the finales

  12. #462
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    6,067

    Default

    This was the best match Ash has had in a pokemon league. Landing top 4 is his personal best (excluding Orange Islands and Battle Frontier). Tobias was bound win with the two pokemon he used since they are both legendary. Ash was the first one to defeat his Darkrai and manages to knock out his Latios despite Pikachu fainting as well. A shame that we don't see Tobias's other pokemon but this battle was really good. 9/10 for effort.

  13. #463
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    645

    Default

    As a huge fan of Sinnoh's League up until the ending, I wish Ash versus Tobias had been two episodes long. But Ash's Sceptile did so good here.

  14. #464
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    527

    Default

    Finally, the Shinou League final. For all the complaints that I've seen regarding Satoshi losing to Takuto over the years, I liked this match. Jukain showed his worth by defeating Darkrai, and even Pikachu's true talent was shown when he tied with Latios. Things could've been much worse.

  15. #465
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Swindon, Wiltshire, England
    Posts
    277

    Default

    An OK episode and I'm glad Sceptile was the one to defeat Darkrai.
    Pokemon Sun: Primarina, Lycanroc (Midday), Palossand, Vikavolt, Salandit and Kommo-o.
    Pokemon Moon: Decidueye, Mudsdale, Crabrawler, Oricorio (Baile Style), Oranguru and Toxapex.

  16. #466
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    226

    Default

    You'd think Ash would be a little bit famous after defeating Tobias's Darkrai considering he's the only trainer to do it but nope.





  17. #467
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    874

    Default

    Too bad that Ash faced such a hard-to-defeat opponent for what turned out to be his last Sinnoh League match. He was as outclassed by Tobias here as he was against Paul at Lake Acuity.~
    猫に小判

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •