Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 437

Thread: The Semi-Final Frontier! (657)

  1. #76
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Not in Obamaland
    Posts
    5,861

    Default

    Did Takuto go on to win the whole competition?
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets


    The Grand Finale Arc begins with Chapter 109.



    Ash will capture this thing.
    Mark my words

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    159

    Default

    Lets just agree this battle boosted sceptile and pikachu to in league with Charizard. There his top 3 Maybe snorlax. I think Charizard holding its own against dream powered entei was as impressive as pikachu tying with a semi tired Latias. Sceptile beating the weakened darkrai was also good to.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The Forums
    Posts
    4,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Did Takuto go on to win the whole competition?
    Yes.

    Reports say that his final opponent fell easier than Ash.
    V | Faction


    You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sunlit fields of grass
    Posts
    2,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    Did Takuto go on to win the whole competition?
    Yep, but the other finalist couldn't even take down Darkrai. :/

    As we wind on down the road~

  5. #80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshippers View Post
    Umm Oak is basically training Scept, Char is training at Charicific valley, both still belong to Ash except one is doing outside training, so that one point is null.

    I never said that Advantage meant anything, if you look in the brackets at the beggining i mentioned how it doesnt matter much in the anime, it was just a small point.

    No evidence to proove surperiority and besides Char only finishes the entire match with Seismic Toss, he has beaten other opponents without it, so he could have beaten Darkrai without it anyways, think about Magmar, Articuno and Blastoise was an ending of the match victory from Seismic Toss .

    What you are doing is showing bias favouritism, I don't really care who is strongest I'm just pointing out facts, you have no evidence that Char couldnt win, heck in this anime, anyone can win on the writers whims, all I was trying to do was say we can't really know who is the strongest so why argue?
    i dont use the forums mch so im not familar with the "brackets" thingy you imply.

    But are you implying that Charizard is stronger then Sceptile until proven otherwise?

    Sure im biast, im not denying that, i strongly believe Sceptile is Ash's strongest pokemon. Nothing wrong in being biast.

  6. #81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshippers View Post
    Umm Oak is basically training Scept, Char is training at Charicific valley, both still belong to Ash except one is doing outside training, so that one point is null.

    I never said that Advantage meant anything, if you look in the brackets at the beggining i mentioned how it doesnt matter much in the anime, it was just a small point.

    No evidence to proove surperiority and besides Char only finishes the entire match with Seismic Toss, he has beaten other opponents without it, so he could have beaten Darkrai without it anyways, think about Magmar, Articuno and Blastoise was an ending of the match victory from Seismic Toss .

    What you are doing is showing bias favouritism, I don't really care who is strongest I'm just pointing out facts, you have no evidence that Char couldnt win, heck in this anime, anyone can win on the writers whims, all I was trying to do was say we can't really know who is the strongest so why argue?
    There is no evidence to say Oak is training Ash's pokemon unless you see him giving them commands whilst training them...
    So just because he's pokemon are at oaks doesnt automatically mean oak is training them himself personally, he feeds and looks after them thats what hes there for.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    188

    Default

    ...ok, that's one of the strangest teams I've ever seen. Darkrai and Latios?! At least Brandon had the Regis, but huh, well, at least Darkrai didn't just sweep Ash's entire team. And at least Ash lost to the eventual winner of the tournament, though he's ridiculously overpowered with multiple legendaries (wonder what the rest of his team would look like).

    And at least Ash took out two legendary Pokemon. It took his entire team of six (though I still find the roster a bit odd, since it had Pokemon from all four regions), though glad to see Ash used Heracross' Sleep Talk move again, and at least Heracross and Gible did some damage to Darkrai before falling. And huh, Latios vs. Pikachu, never expected to see that kind of battle.

    Well, the Sinnoh League's over with. It was far from perfect, but at least it had its share of epic battles, with Ash vs. Paul and now this. Though Ash lost, at least he put up a good fight against two legendary Pokemon. I'm also glad that it wasn't just a sudden fifth-gen Pokemon intro that led to Ash's defeat. I'm just still pleasantly surprised that Ash managed to beat Darkrai before he was down to his last Pokemon, at least it wasn't a complete loss for Ash, and he wasn't moping about it (not that there's time for moping with two episodes left). Rushed ending, but I'll still miss Sinnoh.

  8. #83

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gangsta_pigs View Post
    Lets just agree this battle boosted sceptile and pikachu to in league with Charizard. There his top 3 Maybe snorlax. I think Charizard holding its own against dream powered entei was as impressive as pikachu tying with a semi tired Latias. Sceptile beating the weakened darkrai was also good to.
    Weakened Darkrai? So 2 attacks and Darkrai was in heaps of trouble where it was barely able to do anything? Ye right, thats bull. Those attacks hardly did anything to Darkrai, Sceptile beat it while it was fresh.

    Charizards win against Articuno remember the referee about to declare Articuno the winner? until its trainer intercepted telling to wait longer?
    Shame the referee didnt wait longer for Articuno to get up after it fell down eh.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 19Byakuya19 View Post
    i dont use the forums mch so im not familar with the "brackets" thingy you imply.

    But are you implying that Charizard is stronger then Sceptile until proven otherwise?

    Sure im biast, im not denying that, i strongly believe Sceptile is Ash's strongest pokemon. Nothing wrong in being biast.
    Brackets as in () I put something between it to add a seperate point or an opinion on my own comment, hmm no you are misunderstanding I didnt say Char is stronger till proven otherwise I am saying we can't tell who is stronger until proven otherwise, basically if you've been reading my posts properly I am saying they are probably equal until told otherwise because, Char was the star of Kanto and Johto, Sceptile of Hoenn and Infernape of Sinnoh.


        Spoiler:- Personality Pony:

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 19Byakuya19 View Post
    There is no evidence to say Oak is training Ash's pokemon unless you see him giving them commands whilst training them...
    So just because he's pokemon are at oaks doesnt automatically mean oak is training them himself personally, he feeds and looks after them thats what hes there for.
    Which technically means Ash isn't training Sceptile or Charizard they are doing there own training on other Pokemon, despite where it is, they are still his Pokemon, so your one point is completely Invalid no matter what you say.


        Spoiler:- Personality Pony:

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rocky505 View Post
    They shouldn't allow legendaries anymore it is totally unfair to the people that are in their first league tournament.
    Oh don't bring the unfair arguement into this. It's a tournement where trainers choose the Pokemon they think will give them their best chance of winning. If you've got legendary Pokemon then those are the Pokemon you'd want to use.

  12. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshippers View Post
    Brackets as in () I put something between it to add a seperate point or an opinion on my own comment, hmm no you are misunderstanding I didnt say Char is stronger till proven otherwise I am saying we can't tell who is stronger until proven otherwise, basically if you've been reading my posts properly I am saying they are probably equal until told otherwise because, Char was the star of Kanto and Johto, Sceptile of Hoenn and Infernape of Sinnoh.
    did we see mch of Charizard in Johto? i dont remember him being there at the start of Johto? and certainly not at the end of it... He never had Charizard throughout johto so how you say was the "star" of johto baffles me.

    We might aswell agree to disagree, i am very biast towards Sceptile and will still argue it's stronger so theres no point continuing this discussion mail if u wana carry on .

    Whats the likely hood that Takuto had one of the 3 legendary dogs? im not saying he has Entei possibly one of the other 2.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Home.
    Posts
    377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 19Byakuya19 View Post
    Sceptile is even though he's been at Oaks for a while now, Sceptile is stronger thats reality.
    Or, you know, bad writing. The ending of the series was really rushed, and they had to make Ash look good somehow. Unless we get a future League reintroducing Sceptile, I'm not buying into that argument... This episode was predictable in that sense; we all knew ASH would be the one to tackle and take down the "invincible" Darkrai, it was just a matter of who would do the dirty work.

    But, in any case, fun episode. Whoring the 3rd Gen... Should've known better. I am highly disappoint. |:
    That Takuto character's gonna drive me nuts; what was the rest of his party??? Shoot... Hopefully we learn another day. I REALLY doubt it, but, you never know. I predict a Latias, Heatran, Legendary Beast, and Legendary Bird (that roaming Zapdos?).

    Yeah... Closure.



    ~MEWTWO RETURNS AT LAST!~

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    731

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 19Byakuya19 View Post
    did we see mch of Charizard in Johto? i dont remember him being there at the start of Johto? and certainly not at the end of it... He never had Charizard throughout johto so how you say was the "star" of johto baffles me.

    We might aswell agree to disagree, i am very biast towards Sceptile and will still argue it's stronger so theres no point continuing this discussion mail if u wana carry on .

    Whats the likely hood that Takuto had one of the 3 legendary dogs? im not saying he has Entei possibly one of the other 2.
    He was the star because what he did in the league he also won the badge against Claire and I think Falkner aswell, he beat 3 of Gary's Pokemon, Crippled Harrison's Blaziken so even if Char lost, Blaziken could no longer participate, I mean come on that warrants for some kind of star rating, I mean 2 gym badges (first and last) and beating his rival and coming close against a DEM Blaziken, crippling the fire chicken in the process.

    I don't care who is the strongest, I was just trying to make a point there is no evidence, so all this is going to become is an argument of the fanboys, I dont really care about either of them tbh, you can believe its stronger because it's your opinion but through facts we will probably never know, It's like saying if Infernape went Blaze, would he beat Sceptile, I mean thats one crazy ape.


        Spoiler:- Personality Pony:

  15. #90

    Default

    Awe man am I glad Ash took out two legendarys, I was so afraid he's get pawned right away but YAY He didn't. I'm so proude of you Ash, I don't care if you lost WE. And oh Paul did stay and watched the battle, that made me happy too ^^ Good episode. Loved Ash turning his backwards, epic moment.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

    Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

  16. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshippers View Post
    Which technically means Ash isn't training Sceptile or Charizard they are doing there own training on other Pokemon, despite where it is, they are still his Pokemon, so your one point is completely Invalid no matter what you say.
    my point was Ash has trained Sceptile far more then he has trained charizard who was unwilling to listen and was a complete amature until ash dumped it at Charicific valley...

    Where it got stronger but not under ashs care...

    Ash fully raised Sceptile from the moment he caught it developing it throughout hes time with it and it learned 1 new move whilst being at oaks place.

    So yes Ash has trained Sceptile but he hasnt trained Charizard.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    731

    Default

    When that cap went backwards, **** really did go down, Go Ash and well done Pikachu, you redeemed yourself again by drawing against a Legendary, heck have you noticed he only beats Gen 3 legendaries? I think I'm correct about this lol.


        Spoiler:- Personality Pony:

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ponyville, Equestria
    Posts
    1,518

    Default

    The one thing I liked about this result was that it was the first time Ash has ever defeated two legendary Pokemon in the same battle (that and the fact that one of those Pokemon was undefeated before this).
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    I haven't seen this one yet, have to wait for youtube uploads.. but JESUS LATIOS?
    Proud of Pikachu, even a tie is pretty much a win against a legendary it had a disadvantage against, and he was last up as expected.

    Sceptiles win. He goes up a rank in my book. Ash's top 5 is now easily
    Charizard=Pikachu>Sceptile>Infernape=Snorlax IMO
    With the power gaps being incredibly small. It also hurts me as a Zard fan that I can't call him Ashs clear strongest any more
    To think just a couple of hours ago I had Sceptile as not being in Ash top 5, lol.

    I really must see this before I go away for the weekend with no internet!
    Last edited by streetlightdsb; 26th August 2010 at 2:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

        Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England
    Posts
    5,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 19Byakuya19 View Post
    Bulbasaur? It's strong in it's first stage but no way is it on par with Sceptile/Charizard. I'd say Bulba is on par if not strongest the Bayleaf and thats saying alot itself!.
    Once again someone ignores Bulbasaur's success simply because it isn't evolved. It's beaten opponents Pikachu and Charizard lost to and had a draw with a fully evolved grass starter. It is equal to Pikachu, Charizard and Sceptile. Bulbasaur and Sceptile are powerful in different ways but still equals.

  21. #96

    Default

    And everyone was saying Torkoal is a powerhouse. *shot*

    It looked like the writers wanted to show Sceptile's true power. Because, obviously, he was the only one that needed to show his true power. *coughsarcasmJOHTOSTARTERScough*

    Now I can see someone making a thread titled "Which was moar random? Latios or Swellow?" in the Anime Spoilers forum. Latios was awesome though, I must say.

    I'm glad Pikachu got a win... Well, a tie, but you know. He was great.

    In my opinion, this battle was better than Ash vs Paul. It looked cooler.
    ...That and I hate Infernape.

  22. #97

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokeshippers View Post
    He was the star because what he did in the league he also won the badge against Claire and I think Falkner aswell, he beat 3 of Gary's Pokemon, Crippled Harrison's Blaziken so even if Char lost, Blaziken could no longer participate, I mean come on that warrants for some kind of star rating, I mean 2 gym badges (first and last) and beating his rival and coming close against a DEM Blaziken, crippling the fire chicken in the process.

    I don't care who is the strongest, I was just trying to make a point there is no evidence, so all this is going to become is an argument of the fanboys, I dont really care about either of them tbh, you can believe its stronger because it's your opinion but through facts we will probably never know, It's like saying if Infernape went Blaze, would he beat Sceptile, I mean thats one crazy ape.
    my point was he wasnt there throughout whole of Johto so it hardly "starred Johto" he might of had a few wins in the league but it certainly wsnt the star of Johto.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,728

    Default

    ^^ Yeah I'm expecting a Cyber thread any minute now

    I'm actually glad Takuto won the league, it's better Ash lost to the strongest trainer there.
    Quote Originally Posted by XxEpicsxX View Post
    Everything's possible, but that doesn't make it likely.
    ^What PAD needs to learn

        Spoiler:- Misc in a nutshell:

  24. #99

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiash View Post
    Once again someone ignores Bulbasaur's success simply because it isn't evolved. It's beaten opponents Pikachu and Charizard lost to and had a draw with a fully evolved grass starter. It is equal to Pikachu, Charizard and Sceptile. Bulbasaur and Sceptile are powerful in different ways but still equals.
    They are not equals, id love to see Bulbasaur trying to beat Sceptile or Charizard in a 1 on 1 battle it would lose quite badly. It's just the writers overhyping ash's bulbasaur. Anything can happen if they wanted they could make Ratatta beat Arceus.

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    373

    Default

    Wow, Darkrai AND Latios. That's intense. The fact that Ash was able to beat both of them is incredible. Just like in the video games, it seems kind of cheap to win everything with only legendaries, but oh well. If Ash can beat both of these two Pokemon, it shows that he could have possibly put up a decent fight against Aaron.

    New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

    Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!


    "Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •