Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Final Frontier! (657)

Cazak I think he was a little surprise when Darkrai fell but I think that was it.

In my opinon I guess I am stuck in the middle. The first part of the battle was disappointing to me. Torkoal was a punching bag, Heracross and gible managed a hit but to no avial.
    The second part of the battle was very exciting. My jaw dropped twice in less than 30 seconds, when Sceptile defeated Darkrai and when Latios popped out of the pokeball.

My next guess on Takauto's pokemon was Latias in a vain hope that she would make her anime debut but I guess that didn't happen.

Overall if I forget about the first part of the battle I really enjoyed it. And now I am ready to go to Isshu.
    Last edited by TicoPokemonMaster; 26th August 2010 at 3:33 PM.
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

What did Brock say right at the end? I know it was obvious foreshadowing etc. etc. but I'd like to know.

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/3csxu.png[/IMG]
    a.k.a croag

I liked this episode. The way some pokes got swept didn't bother me much, it's Darkrai after all. The animation was very very good, especially Latios vs. Pikachu. Maybe Takuto will return?
    Last edited by M.A; 26th August 2010 at 4:03 PM.

So the worst person won? Seriously a noob wonm the league, a bloody noob who only uses ubers wins the league. Way to screw up 4 years, writers. And how does Heracross lose so easily to a pokemon who he's 4X times effective against? And why did you use Torkoal? Why not Infernape? Infernape needs a loss, Torkoal needs to do something. One more thing, how come Torkoal hasn't been released yet? It's done nothing, it hasn't won any matches, it's just deadweight. Still, I mark this episode 0/10. A pitiful end to a good saga.

Wow. Takuto is stacked. Darkrai and Latios.

Kind of sucked to see Torkoal go down so fast. Sceptile had a nice win against Darkrai, and Pikachu managed to beat Latios. Pikachu has KO'd 2 legendaries now. Anyway, good battle.

And then Takuto wins by sweeping in the finals.

breathe it in, i'm gonna shine. it's my moment, i'm going to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilroy View Post
    So the worst person won? Seriously a noob wonm the league, a bloody noob who only uses ubers wins the league. Way to screw up 4 years, writers. And how does Heracross lose so easily to a pokemon who he's 4X times effective against? And why did you use Torkoal? Why not Infernape? Infernape needs a loss, Torkoal needs to do something. One more thing, how come Torkoal hasn't been released yet? It's done nothing, it hasn't won any matches, it's just deadweight. Still, I mark this episode 0/10. A pitiful end to a good saga.
    So in your mind Torkoal holding its own against Brandon's Registeel is no acomplishment?

Ash is no Paul, he hasn't released a pokemon since Lapras. Plus Ash doesn't release pokemon cause they haven't won any matches he released the pokemon so they could a) mate(butterfree) b) live with its family (lapras)
    On Nov 21, 2010, I'm going on vacation. I'm going to a country to visit two friends and a grumpy oldtimer who are awaiting my return.

Am I the only one that thought it was funny that Serebii gave us a Latios wifi reminder the day before this episode...lol

i think ash should have used noctowl for that damn strong darkrai since its a ghost type may be it would have stood a chance or may hav damaged him greatly.........
    and why isnt charizard called on for such an epic batlle .....

Quote Originally Posted by babu_m999 View Post
    i think ash should have used noctowl for that damn strong darkrai since its a ghost type may be it would have stood a chance or may hav damaged him greatly.........
    Thats why he had Heracross...look at the stats on the pokedex page of the main site

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNfanatic35 View Post
    I'm wondering what Takuto's other four Pokemon were: Probably Heatran, Cresselia, Rayquaza, and Zapdos
    He could have easily just used the only two legendaries that he's caught. He really may only have the two. If that's the case, I can only imagine how powerful his non-legendary pokemon would be in order to actually be able to capture those two.

Hey I have a big favor for someone, can someone blow up that pic where it shows Takuto Vs. another trainer, I'm having a tough time figuring out some of those pokemon, I can see the guy has a Mr. Mime, Raichu, Magmortar....I'm kinda assuming since the one circle is just pure black that the pokemon's face is round soo its either Voltorb or Electrode but the last two are now bugging me.
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

Quote Originally Posted by PokéVeteran1992 View Post
    Am I the only one that thought it was funny that Serebii gave us a Latios wifi reminder the day before this episode...lol
    Serebii has the power to see the future!

Quote Originally Posted by babu_m999 View Post
    Even i made this mistake.....Darkrai is a Dark type not a ghost type.....

I hope Cynthia kicks his sorry ***.....
    Formerly, Chariking

Pretty awesome battle. My favorite Sceptile took out a freaking Darkrai. That in itself is awesomesauce. Pikachu tying with Latios was pretty good too. I guess Ash is sort of on his way as a Pokemon Master. Being able to beat legendaries is a good start.

The battle wasn't cheap, nor was I expecting it to be. I knew Ash was going to lose, but for him to not be able to knock out single Pokemon would have been an insult. Sucks that 3 of his Pokemon were OHKO'd, but it was sort of expected.

And the hat flip nullifies any negative comments towards this episode. No matter what you think, that gave this episode an automatic 10.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

I thought the episode was pretty good except I do wonder...why Gible?! I know people who may have seen my posts before Ash actually caught I said bashed it to heck, but I'm at least say it worked sorta. Except for this battle, Ash is smart and wouldn't it have seemed more clear to choose a better line up? I mean, one phone call could have brought Charizard too him, which of what I've seen is his strongest Pokémon (bar Pikachu of course). Heracross I'd have agreed with being good choice though. Torkoal, I can accept it stood up to Registeel, but against Darkrai and other unknown members, it can't exactly be trusted for fighting other legendary Pokémon that Takato could have had.

I do wish Kingler could have made an appearance in this league though.
    Through the Generations
    my multiple pairings Shipping-fic.
    Currently On Hiatus and will be coming back to at some point: Gen 1, Chapter 5

What I said in Bulbagarden:

I love this episode so much! Just love it! Sceptile was so amazing in the match and that whole dream scene was just too awesome. And, I still love Sceptile battling with the twig in its mouth, so cool. Sceptile just showed why he's my favorite grass pokemon. Great job in defeating Darkrai, go Sceptile!

Swellow...omg, I'm so glad it was used. Even though it lost in one hit due to Luster Purge, its aerial movements reminded me why I liked it in the first place. Like when it roared before the match, flew down almost to the ground only to go up...then when it flew down from the sun with Aerial Ace. No wonder Swellow's one of my favs, it just looks so good in battle.

Pikachu was amazing as well, loved seeing it shine and beat Latios (despite tying). And it used Volt Tail, omg yes! I wanted Pikachu to use it in the league and it did. And then of course with Ash's hat backwards, it was definitely an epic battle.

And I think it's cool that Takuto has more than one legendary. From his demeanor, he looked like a very experience trainer and he probably has legendaries because he has a lot of experience and that he has the top notch skills needed as a trainer to train the legendaries. It's not cheap imo. His win was deserved if he was able to accomplish such a feat in training legendaries.

I don't see why people need to complain about Takuto having legendaries. It's only a natural progression in the challenges Ash has to face in his journey. Ash has beaten legendaries before but Articuno was technically wild (which is weaker than trained), and he needed to rematch against Brandon a couple of times before he actually won against him (and Pikachu's win vs. Regice was questionable for most). For him to beat an unbeatable Darkrai as well as KO another legendary who's also powerful...that really says a lot about Ash.

Anyway, it was nice to see Paul watch the match and that Takuto and Ash moment after the battle was nice too. I knew Takuto wasn't dark and evil like I saw in some speculations. He seemed friendly and he actually smiled a lot in this episode.

Also, Barry ending was typical Barry. I'm gonna miss him.

Overall, amazing episode. No, amazing league. It was definitely quality over quantity for this league and it showed with the Paul match and then this match. From Quilava's evo, Noctowl's redemption, Gible's DM perfection, Gliscor's return, Infernape's Blaze, Sceptile's epic win, Swellow's aerial moves, and Pikachu's final victory...this league is my absolute favorite. Just plain awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm16 View Post
    Hey I have a big favor for someone, can someone blow up that pic where it shows Takuto Vs. another trainer, I'm having a tough time figuring out some of those pokemon, I can see the guy has a Mr. Mime, Raichu, Magmortar....I'm kinda assuming since the one circle is just pure black that the pokemon's face is round soo its either Voltorb or Electrode but the last two are now bugging me.
    God... I swear Serebii craps out at the worst times. Anyway, here you go. It's a little blurry but you can still see them just fine.

Looks like you're right about Mr.Mime. I think the circle Pokemon is Magnezone and I don't think he has a Raichu. Looks like he almost has a Pikachu. Can't for the life of me tell what the second and the fifth ones are.

I put it in a link because it's a tad big.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/f...g?t=1282837305
    Last edited by Norikumi; 26th August 2010 at 4:57 PM.

Spoiler:- Picture:

Best I could do! I'll update later with a HQ one!

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/3csxu.png[/IMG]
    a.k.a croag

So Ash, you've lost another league. Ah well, we all saw it coming the moment Takuto and Darkrai were revealed.

Despite the loss, this was still a pretty good battle. I pretty much said "YES!" when Sceptile took out Darkrai. But that pretty much went to complete and total awe as soon as Takuto called out Latios. However, the last match of Pikachu Vs. Latios was very tense, and at least Ash managed to take two of Takuto's Pokemon out, both legendaries.
    The rest of Ash's Pokemon... well hopefully there's another chance for you guys in the future.

I also can't help fell a little ticked off that they had Takuto take it all and win the league. He's using legendaries, doesn't really seem like he would deserve it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

ok soo that kids team is Mr. Mime, Pikachu, Magmortar, Magnezone, Empoleon, and a Mismagius...............I love that team now lol
    I am the proud member of the Hoenn Lovers Club. (click below)http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=107609 I am the king of the Red Moon! ^_^
    ¤ If you ever pushed a door that said pull, put this in your signature. ¤

ok soo that kids team is Mr. Mime, Pikachu, Magmortar, Magnezone, Empoleon, and a Mismagius...............I love that team now lol
    Yeah wow, pretty solid team. No wonder he made it so far.

That and the popped collar. What a bad ***. Taking cool lessons from Gary mofo. Oak.

wtf?! a effin legendary trainer in the finals and he wins by some stranmge double ko rules that only apply to this match. im knda ******. i want5ed to see this dude get pwnd by ash finally. well at least he beat his rival. but the writers need to slow down with the totally out anime stryle stuff like trainers ownin legendaries like that. some standards and continuity would be nice guys
    some favs of mine
    soul silver friend code 3009 0322 3675
    white friend code 4727 7257 0294

Does anyone else see how bad***** Ash was in that episode? He was the only one to defeat Darkrai...period. Not only that but he KOd Latios as well. Officially, Ash is in the Top 4 but clearly he should've placed 2nd. I haven't been this happy about an Ash battle in years. 10/10

Lmao, the people going "Im proud of Pikachu!" is in denial that this is the worst possible way to F up an end to the series.

Honestly, this is basically "We're gonna make sure Ash gets beaten, but we'll just soften the blow so the fans won't b*tch and moan about it". This episode was fail. The first 3 times he was beaten in a league, Ash went out with a bang. This crap? "LOL HE BEAT DARKRAI SO HE MUST BE GOOD!"

Fail episode is fail.

Dammit. League should've banned ubers.
        Spoiler:- Claims:

Diamond FC: 1291 3175 5006 (Go to here for battles)
    Pearl FC: 3309 0108 0705 (Go to here for trades)
    Platinum FC: 2235 3391 4551 (Go here for both trades and battles)
    HeartGold FC: 1763 5027 8124 (Go here for battles)
    Black FC: 5200 1783 2382 (Go here for both trades and battles)

Well seeing as the magnet train probably runs at around 180 mph and arcanine runs at 258 mph and miltank is faster than arcanine, miltank could outrun the magnet train.

WE'RE ALL SCREWED

Anybody know what was Brock saying to himself when the league ended? It looked like he had already made up his mind to stop traveling in this episode.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast