Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: The Semi-Final Frontier! (657)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyburn View Post
    Lmao, the people going "Im proud of Pikachu!" is in denial that this is the worst possible way to F up an end to the series.

Honestly, this is basically "We're gonna make sure Ash gets beaten, but we'll just soften the blow so the fans won't b*tch and moan about it". This episode was fail. The first 3 times he was beaten in a league, Ash went out with a bang. This crap? "LOL HE BEAT DARKRAI SO HE MUST BE GOOD!"

Fail episode is fail.
    A double KO is a soft-loss, I'll admit. But the bang came when he beat Paul, beating two ubers(though I doubt they'd be called as much in their world) is just icing. Plus, this is the furthest Ash has ever gotten (Orange doesn't count) so there's a lot to be happy about. Ash wins and loses all the time. His losses are usually asinine. I am just happy that for once he lost and the loss not only made sense but also didn't feel like fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Norikumi View Post
    I can only imagine how powerful his non-legendary pokemon would be in order to actually be able to capture those two.
    My guess; Hunter J caught them for him LOL!

Where the HELL was Charizard? It looked like a Hoenn Pokemon fest, which was redundant since they got enough screentime in Hoenn and in BF too. I mean why was Torkoal there? It's not on par with the likes of Charizard, Sceptile, or Swellow. It would have made more sense if Charizard was there in place of Torkoal.

Oh well, I'm content with Sceptile as a part of Ash's team vs Takuto and taking down Darkrai.

And BTW, Pikachu didn't win against Latios. Althoug he managed to beat Latios, it was technically a tie, not a win for Pikachu
    Last edited by poizonsting; 26th August 2010 at 6:43 PM.
    "Your signature was too epic! My epeen couldn't handle its epicness" - so called half-arsed mod (they know who they are)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkstorm16 View Post
    ok soo that kids team is Mr. Mime, Pikachu, Magmortar, Magnezone, Empoleon, and a Mismagius...............I love that team now lol
    I think it's a Zangoose rather than a Pikachu. But all the rest look right IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by poizonsting View Post
    Where the HELL was Charizard? It looked like a Hoenn Pokemon fest, which was redundant since they got enough screentime in Hoenn and in BF too. I mean why was Torkoal there? It's not on par with the likes of Charizard, Sceptile, or Swellow. It would have made more sense if Charizard was there in place of Torkoal.

Oh well, I'm content with Sceptile as a part of Ash's team vs Takuto and taking down Darkrai.

And BTW, Pikachu didn't win against Latios. Althoug he managed to beat Latios, it was technically a tie, not a win for Pikachu
    Simple. Barring Gible, each of the Pokémon Ash used has experience in battling legendary Pokémon (outside of movies)

Sceptile; Deoxys & Regirock
    Swellow; Deoxys
    Torkoal; Registeel
    Pikachu; Regice and a few more I'm probably forgetting

Heracross of course because it's super effective and they gave it Sleep Talk.

You could see the reasoning they would have given Ash for chosing those Pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by poizonsting View Post

Simple. Barring Gible, each of the Pokémon Ash used has experience in battling legendary Pokémon (outside of movies)

Swellow; Deoxys
    Torkoal; Registeel

Takuto is simply that little kid in Battle Revolution that only uses legendaries on their team.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post

Swellow; Deoxys
    Torkoal; Registeel

Yeah, the choices looked very obvious. Heracross had type advantage, and the Hoenn pokemon, and Pikachu all faced legendaries.

I'm assuming they gave Gible this match since we're not gonna see it travel with Ash in Isshu and it's just more screentime for it.

I love the writers, they hate turtle pokemon with a passion--;

Look Sceptile deserved to beat Darkrai (not that he did it on his own) ever since the Regirock ordeal i kinda did think Sceptile deserved some kind of awsome kill to add to it's rep and Darkrai is good enough(even if Gible helped out.)

The only thing this establishes is that Sceptile is Ash's best Grass pokemon by far, but that does not mean that it suddenly is stronger than others like Infernape, Charizard, Snorlax and Jason, on par with them definitely but stronger no.

Pikachu beating Latios to a tie...better than the Regice win.

So Pikachu's beaten one legendary and tied with one itself.
    Charizard's beaten one by itself.
    Sceptile beat one with help from Gible.

Three tough pokemon thier but they ain't the best, people need to stop talking about power fluctuations and talk more about the carnage of the battle and how the writers hate turtle pokemon.
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 26th August 2010 at 7:07 PM.

I hate the fact that one of Ash strongest pokemon (Swellow) lost after one hit!!

what did Ash say to Swellow after it's losing to Latias??

Ash's choices for this battle was poor. Gible? Torkoal? I would have used the evolved studs like Sceptile, Torterra, Infernape, and Charizard

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

Quote Originally Posted by ESPNfanatic35 View Post
    Ash's choices for this battle was poor. Gible? Torkoal? I would have used the evolved studs like Sceptile, Torterra, Infernape, and Charizard
    Serebii just said a good explanation. They all had experience battling legends.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

lol I just realised something, Darkrai and Latios are both pokemon who died in thier respective movies...makes you wonder.

Anyone know if we had any other casulties in movies cause we could peice together Takuto's team if we did.

Anyone know if we had any other casulties in movies cause we could peice together Takuto's team if we did.
    Lucario, Celebi, and Arceus

New Chapter: Chapter 4- Unova

Pirates of the Caribbean: The Creature of Storms
    Also check out my completed crossover of Pokemon and Pirates by clicking the title!

"Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God."
    Ephesians 6:17

This episode was awesome. I'm sorry but Torkoal and Swellow had no reason to be in this battle. They failed badly. Yea Sceptile beat Darkrai!!!!!!!!!! Wait so Ash was the only 1 that defeated Darkrai?! Wow awesome!!!! I'm sorry Ash had to lose like that but still awesome!!! This league was the absolute greatest!!!
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi_Plunge View Post
    He got it by the Megahorn also seems like he healed it but not enough.
    Dream Eater, assuming that was the move it used, should be super effective on Heracross, so it probably drained all of his life, restoring most of Darkrai.. Although if we're going game on this, Megahorn should've OHKO'd Darkrai.. Unless Darkrai was severely high in level and Heracross somewhere mediocre.. like at least twenty levels apart or so.. Assuming Heracross is in his fifties..

Quote Originally Posted by Cazak View Post
    Come on, Gible's Draco Meter, and a super effective Mega Horn has to have effect on Darkrai. If you expect a monster like that to be beaten by a single Leaf Blade, and that Sceptile has grown all super saiyan powerful just by one win, you are wrong on that.
    Its true that Sceptile is one of Ash's trump cards, lets not forget about the writer's moods.
    Did Draco Meteor hit Darkrai? My screen froze so I don't recall that happening..

Since we're talking about moves: Hyper Beam? Really? Start out the battle with Hyper Beam? Way to lose your first pokemon Ash! Does the term Recharge say anything to you? No wonder Ash got pwned so fast.. That being said, if Heracross as to so much needed to learn a Special move, why not let it learn Vacuum Wave? A severely undershowcased move, that's actually quite nice to watch still.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

SO the only pokemon not shown in the Sinnoh League were

Bulbasaur
    Charizard
    Squirtle
    Kingler
    Muk
    Tauros
    Bayleef
    Totodile
    Corphish
    Glalie

6 Kanto pokemon
    2 Johto Pokemon
    2 Hoenn Pokemon

well so far we've seen a couple of pokemon from the main characters beat a legendary pokemon.

1. Ash's Charizard > Noland's Articuno
    2. Ash's Pikachu > Brandon's Regice
    3. Dawn's Buneary > Wild Phione
    4. Ash's Sceptile > Takuto's Darkrai [Ash's Heracross, and Gible weakened it w/ super effective moves Megahorn and Rock Smash]
    5. Ash's Pkachu = Takuto's Latios
    Last edited by _Taidow_; 26th August 2010 at 7:41 PM.

Sceptile didn't beat Darkrai on it's own, Gible nailed it with a Rock Smash before hand, and Heracross used Megahorn on it too.

Darkrai was a team effort kill, with Sceptile being the one to earn the bragging rights, Latios on the other hand...way better than Regice.

I laugh at this match. We get 4 years of build up for this league and it ends with Ash being severely owned 4-0. Now the Darkrai I can understand, but a Latios? wtf.

On a plus side though, this Takuto guy really seems like a character that could show up into the new series. Possibly as a recurring rival for Ash to face.

Wow, no way I would've expected Latios. Really big surprise there.
    Obviously I'm disappointed that Ash lost to 2 Legendaries..but still, he defeated those 2! Pikachu and Sceptile living up to their reputation as his strongest next to Charizard and Infernape.
    Still, it was a breathtaking battle..all in all, the Sinnoh League was okay, though it could have been handled better.

I can't believe Glalie and Muk did not get a battle.

Let alone the Johto starters, lol.

Well in this league all the regions were used so we can hope for the same in the next one, oh shiet its CyberCubed...

I'm surprised nobody seems to have mentioned the lack of cameos in this episode. Dawn had a bunch of cameos for her final GF episode, but all Ash got was Paul... eh, the battle was rushed enough without having random cameos interrupting it.
    Advanceshipper, Cavaliershipper and Orangeshipper

Wow Ash did way better than I thought he would I wanted to see the Johto Starters in this battle but Pikachu and Sceptile were pretty epic so I can't complain. I'm surprised that Swellow went down to one Luster Purge though back in Hoenn I remember it taking crazy attacks and still standing. Takuto didn't say anything about Isshu I wonder how Ash will find out about it then.

Worst episode ever. I felt like I was being trolled.
    That was just the easiest solution ever in ending it quickly so we can move on to the next saga, With the next merchandise to buy.

Seriously, What the F.

And on another note, That trainer pretty much represents all of them people who run ubers over ubers in their teams online. Obviously that guy has little to none skills. What made him win was the plot armor of doom, Which stands there to protect the series from losing ash. Fail.
    Shiny Hunter.

Current Shiny Team :

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast