• good

4 57.14%
  • rubbish until it evolves

3 42.86%
  • pointless

1 14.29%
  • annoying

1 14.29%
  • a stupid pokemon, why did they bother making it?※♪∞※#∴?!

1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 586 of 976 FirstFirst ... 486536576582583584585586587588589590596636686 ... LastLast
Results 14,626 to 14,650 of 24393

Thread: >>>The Closed Thread Container<<<

Quote Originally Posted by castlewars View Post
    A lot of moves that are Steel type have descriptions like 'Iron Tail', 'Iron Head', 'Metal Claw' and 'Gyro Ball'. A lot of Steel type moves do not have the word 'steel' in their name.

Most of them have 'iron' or 'metal' in their name. So I was suggesting this: should the 'Steel' type be replaced?
    Please, this is simply stupid. All types have this kind of naming variation. Should we change dark type to night type. No, i don't think so.
    BLACK TEAM!
    (I have claimed Honchkrow, the Don)
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/xfnpc5.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i56.*******.com/21l4h6t.png[/IMG]
    R.I.P. Shiny Dusknoir and Shiny Ratticate
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    The idea is that there are bits of steel in the meteor.
    Oh yeah, there is steel in the meteor, but most of it should still belong in a new type.

I insist on changing the 'Steel' type to the 'Metal' type.
    Repeating the same thing doesn't make you're point better. And what about Iron Tail? That doesn't have metal in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo-Unlegendary View Post
    Please, this is simply stupid. All types have this kind of naming variation. Should we change dark type to night type. No, i don't think so.
    The 'Dark' type is basically sneaky tricks and pranks to attack the foe. Well I still don't know why Bite and Crunch are Dark-types.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    Repeating the same thing doesn't make you're point better. And what about Iron Tail? That doesn't have metal in it.
    I think the point is that 'Metal' would cover ALL the metals available for the names, including Iron and Steel, just as Fire includes all the fire-related names within that type. But I don't think it matters that much, I'm fine with 'Steel'
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2yosawk.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    That's one of the reasons why I want to change the 'Steel' type.

Quote Originally Posted by hinhan View Post
    I think steel should be renamed but fire moves are fine moves like flame charge and will-o-wisp all have flame related words or variations of the word fire so they are fine.
    By your logic it is okay for attacks with words like "Flame" to be Fire types because they're related to fire. But by this same logic you're implying that words like "Iron" have nothing to do with steel and that's why they should be changed. I'm sorry but that deserves a LOGIC FAIL!

Quote Originally Posted by Witchan View Post
    I don't think it should be renamed since it's arguably the best typing, IMO.
    Truth for the win.

But ijn all seriousness, I don't think it should be changed. Steel is a perfectly fine name and one that we're all familiar with.
    Hey, you! Yeah, you! No, not you in front, you there who likes pokémon. Do you like the animé? Do you ever think you'd like to use pokémon and battle like they do in the show?

Look no further than the
    Pokémon Animé Style Battling League!

Come say hello in our Chat Thread and we'll help you Get Started on a wonderful adventure. Training pokémon, fighting Gym Leaders, maybe even catching a Legendary Pokemon? The choice is yours!

We're a friendly bunch. We don't bite. What more could you want!

ASB: Trainer Level 4 -- All Around Terrible Battler

Shutting - bumping dead threads.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

The same could be said for a lot of attacks, not just steel, and this has been pointed out throughout the entire page. So, no. =\

That's one of the reasons why I want to change the 'Steel' type.
    Change it to what? It's pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezzo View Post
    Nah, lets scrap it, no more Water types, ever. You survive the scrap if you're a dual type or Mudkip.
    Water-types should not go because moves that are Water-type are to do with water.

Oh yeah, there is steel in the meteor, but most of it should still belong in a new type.
    *sarcasm*Yeah that makes a lot of sense. GF should just be like "Hey lets create a new type for just one move. The fans won't get mad." *sarcasm*
    Hey, you! Yeah, you! No, not you in front, you there who likes pokémon. Do you like the animé? Do you ever think you'd like to use pokémon and battle like they do in the show?

Look no further than the

Come say hello in our Chat Thread and we'll help you Get Started on a wonderful adventure. Training pokémon, fighting Gym Leaders, maybe even catching a Legendary Pokemon? The choice is yours!

Its ok as it is.

Watch Your Back, Or Ill Have Your Girl On Hers

"Steel type" sounds better than "metal type," even if not every steel type is actually made of steel. As everyone else has said, typing just gives a general aspect of the pokemon. Not every fire type is made of fire, etc.
    "I now understand the basics of battle, but have much yet left to learn of combat. While I can hold my own, I cannot call myself anything more than a trainer"

The 'Dark' type is basically sneaky tricks and pranks to attack the foe. Well I still don't know why Bite and Crunch are Dark-types.
    You just explained it. If you're fighting someone, do you think that biting them is a fair tactic?

Your reasoning is incredibly stupid. And nobody here gives two sh*ts if you insist on Steel-type being changed to "Metal-type." GameFreak isn't going to change it just because a little 10-year-old wants it his way. And nobody around here except you will call it "Metal-type" because that's not what it's called and that's never what it will be called.

The Prima strategy guide for Diamond & Pearl mistakenly said the move Iron Head was a Water type.

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    You just explained it. If you're fighting someone, do you think that biting them is a fair tactic?

Your reasoning is incredibly stupid. And nobody here gives two sh*ts if you insist on Steel-type being changed to "Metal-type." GameFreak isn't going to change it just because a little 10-year-old wants it his way. And nobody around here except you will call it "Metal-type" because that's not what it's called and that's never what it will be called.
    I'm a 13-year-old. I am not 10!

The Prima strategy guide for Diamond & Pearl mistakenly said the move Iron Head was a Water type.
    And that's relevant because.....?

Water-types should not go because moves that are Water-type are to do with water.
    Waterfall. Bulbapedia description: "The user charges at the target to make it flinch." I see not mention of water besides the name.

Look no further than the

Then stop behaving like a 10 year old.
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

Electric type should be renamed Thunder type.

How many Electric type moves have the word Electric in them?

You know Gamefreak probably considered 'Metal Type', 'Iron Type' along with other metals that came to mind when naming it, and to them 'Steel' seemed the best, for reasons mostly known to them, but its not going to change, and that's the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Electric type should be renamed Thunder type.

How many Electric type moves have the word Electric in them?
    But not all electric is thunder (in fact thunder is the noise made during a lightening storm - and sometimes without lightening too - is it not?), electric is a broader name for the types of moves it contains. Metal would be, too, but its no big deal... I see his point but Metal Type sounds silly, and its not going to change either x3
    Last edited by SpaceSheep; 22nd April 2011 at 7:31 PM.
    [IMG]http://i54.*******.com/2yosawk.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceSheep View Post
    You know Gamefreak probably considered 'Metal Type', 'Iron Type' along with other metals that came to mind when naming it, and to them 'Steel' seemed the best, for reasons mostly known to them, but its not going to change, and that's the way it is.
    Actshilly, fun fact: In the TCG, it is called the Metal type.

Of course, Electric is type is called Lightning type if we're going by that.

@castlewars - Take a trolling class. You suck.

I insist on changing the 'Steel' type to the 'Metal' type.
    Ok, Tajiri.

Ohh my gosh, almost none of the Normal tyme moves have the word normal in it! Let's change Hyper Beam to "Normal Beam" or "Hyper Normal"

So smart.

We have custom avatars, a fantastic staff, and a great community! Join today!
    Say that "DiscoPichu" referred you!
    Credit to zhanton for sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    Some fire moves don't use the word "Fire" in their names; should the type's name be replaced as well?
    I agree. Using this threads logic, Fire type should be Heat type because of Lava Plume and Eruption.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Page 586 of 976 FirstFirst ... 486536576582583584585586587588589590596636686 ... LastLast