Page 199 of 229 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,975 of 5725

Thread: New Characters Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I'm still confused about the whole Steven/Wallace thing to be honest. I think Wallace is the current Hoenn Champion, but I could be wrong. Well whatever, I don't really care much about Hoenn anyway. I'm more concerned about Cynthia and her apparent disregard for the Sinnoh League. If she's still the Sinnoh Champion, then she's doing a terrible job :|
    Steven is still the champion, based on HGSS dialog.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    The Steven/Wallace thing was pointless. It just seemed like they changed it for the sake of changing it
    Same could be said of most things they change in game 3.
    They probably wanted a post-game super boss, Steven fit the bill. So they bring in Wallace to be champ and bring in a new character to replace Wallace. Will be interesting to see how Juan is handled in RS remakes

Quote Originally Posted by ~Sapphire Sceptile~ View Post
    It just seemed like they changed it for the sake of changing it
    They do that all the time, so I guess we should be used to it by now. I'm still not sure who the Hoenn Champion is, but if I'm being honest, I think Steven deserved that title more than Wallace. Wallace always seemed like the Gym Leader type as opposed to the Champion type, so I reckon that Steven was a worthier candidate for that role. I still think that Alder and Cynthia are tougher than Steven, but I like Steven a lot more than I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I'm pretty sure people only voted for them as part of some inside joke. Kind of like how people were voting for common Pokemon when that Japanese Dream World poll was up. I can't seem to come up with any other explanation. It's just impossible for people to like characters like Emmet and Ingo :x
    Sorry to bring up an older conversation, but I had to say my part. Ingo and Emmet were unusual characters. Ingo seemed like the leader of the two, being the more "normal" one. Emmet was weird, having the tendency to repeat his name all the time. They were an odd duo, but I have to say, I liked them. Their personality was too weird for me, but adding a Boss in Doubles and Multi made them stand out IMO. I liked them for that, but only that.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Poke View Post
    How could they? She's missing for half of the year. At least Steven resigned when he wanted to do other things. They basically made Cynthia a mary sue type character.
    I'm not sure how Cynthia can be looked at negatively for being a Mary Sue character when pretty much every single Champion (besides Blue) has been a Mary Sue. What flaw does Lance have? Hell, most characters in Pokemon as a series are flawless. Beyond that, Cynthia's Champion, so she's awesome. She's not really a Mary Sue for being really good at things if her character demands that she's good at things.

Besides all of that, I don't know how "they made Cynthia a Mary Sue character" when she didn't do anything in BW that changed her character one way or another.

Also, Cynthia being in Unova really doesn't matter that much. Even if she isn't the current Champion, Jasmine was still the Gym Leader in HGSS even though she was in Sunyshore EVERY DAY FOR ALL OF ETERNITY.

And like Snowy said, she would probably just be summoned right back to Sinnoh if she needed to face a challenger.

Jasmine also participated in contests while she was there, too!

And it's not like there haven't been gym leaders who are off doing their own thing before you come along to challenge them. Even ignoring the Platinum Battleground & Villa, Fantina's off doing contests, Morty is off with Euscine investigating buildings, Misty's on a date, Volkner straight up refused challengers for a while.

Shoot, Anime Fantina in particular kept delaying her match with Ash to an outright silly degree even when she was there

Quote Originally Posted by Snowyarticuno View Post
    Will be interesting to see how Juan is handled in RS remakes
    I think it'll be a whole new thing because the R/S remakes won't be actual "remakes"; as they'll be contemporaneous with Black/White, they'll be at least eight years after the events of R/S/E (maybe closer to ten) given the generation timeline.

The future surrounds us.

Let us begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Leggs View Post
    I think it'll be a whole new thing because the R/S remakes won't be actual "remakes"; as they'll be contemporaneous with Black/White, they'll be at least eight years after the events of R/S/E (maybe closer to ten) given the generation timeline.
    Be careful to not state this opinion as a fact. BW's placement on the timeline really does not need to affect anything about RS remakes.

Well, I imagine they're still going to follow roughly the same outline as the current Hoenn games. So I don't expect to see a whole lot of difference from the current games to the remakes. Except a lot of cool new features will be added.

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

Quote Originally Posted by Grei View Post
    Be careful to not state this opinion as a fact. BW's placement on the timeline really does not need to affect anything about RS remakes.
    Especially in a series where they have no qualms using time travel to trade between people.

Especially in a series where they have no qualms using time travel to trade between people.
    I almost expect time-travel to happen, because of how there are no qualms. The Time Capsule is a prime example. Time-travel is even hinted at in Opelucid.

I almost expect time-travel to happen, because of how there are no qualms. The Time Capsule is a prime example. Time-travel is even hinted at in Opelucid.
    Not time-travel, that would be silly.
    A machine that gives you glimpses of the future/past(?) by using a Pokemon from the alternate reality future/past!

Not time-travel, that would be silly.
    A machine that gives you glimpses of the future/past(?) by using a Pokemon from the alternate reality future/past!
    More Celebi? FU Dialga

More Celebi? FU Dialga
    Celebakia, the unholy amalgamation of time travel & space distortion

Dragon/Grass

Dragon/Grass
    Moves
    Roar of time
    Leaf storm
    Nasty Plot
    Dragon Pulse

Dragon/Grass
    I think you've mixed Palkia with Celebi, rather than Dialga. Shouldn't it be Celega or Dialebi? :P

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedSuicune View Post
    I think you've mixed Palkia with Celebi, rather than Dialga. Shouldn't it be Celega or Dialebi? :P
    Dialebi, sounds like some weird disease that old people get xD.

...Anyway. Nobody was at Caitlin's villa today in my Black version. I also just realized that it's almost Autumn in the games, meaning that the Gym Leaders will stop appearing there soon. It's kind of sad, but at least I won't have to keep going back there everyday like I've been doing for the past 27 days. I got kind of tired of hearing Iris talk about how cute Cynthia's Garchomp is, so that'll be a load off my mind.

Celebi time travels, Palkia alters space
    Their powers combined travels through different realities (space) through time!

also, kira, why did you keep going again and again. There's only so many dialog options.

Celebi time travels, Palkia alters space
    Their powers combined travels through different realities (space) through time!
    My mind exploded just thinking about it...

also, kira, why did you keep going again and again. There's only so many dialog options.
    Yeah, seriously. I went 3 days in a row just to hear Iris talk about the ocean, and Cynthia talk about swimsuits. I never go there anymore. >.>
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Dragon/Grass
    About time.

This is kind of useless speculation, but I think that Anthea and Concordia are N's sisters. I feel like it makes sense for them to be members of the Harmonia family (why else would they be there and know so much about N). I can't really think of any other reason for them to be there if they aren't related to N.

About time.

This is kind of useless speculation, but I think that Anthea and Concordia are N's sisters. I feel like it makes sense for them to be members of the Harmonia family (why else would they be there and know so much about N). I can't really think of any other reason for them to be there if they aren't related to N.
    Well, they might be N's Servants/Sisters/Wife(s)/Girlfriend(s) or just friends. Grey will expand.

Ghetsis = CATS.

Hi, I'm Lewis and I do Smash Bros and Nintendo Content for YouTube! UK Melee/Project M/Smash 4 Player.

Speedruns:

Spoiler:- ILs (Individual Levels):

About time.

Their whole family, that is if they are related, is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonOwn View Post
    Well, they might be N's Servants/Sisters/Wife(s)/Girlfriend(s) or just friends. Grey will expand.
    Yes, because a game suitable for children will feature a character with two girlfriends whom he keeps locked up in his castle.
    Quote Originally Posted by SphealsFTW View Post
    Their whole family, that is if they are related, is beautiful.
    Even Ghetsis?

They may be beautiful, but I can't get over the funky hair....
    99.9% of everyone at SPPF have a sig. If you're part of the .1% that doesn't, put this in your- Ah, shoot!
    Yes, because a game suitable for children will feature a character with two girlfriends whom he keeps locked up in his castle.
    I have claimed MMMBop - not that anyone else wanted to...

Page 199 of 229 FirstFirst ... 99149189195196197198199200201202203209 ... LastLast