Thread: Enlightenment Evolution Chronicles Vol I Discussion Thread

Default Enlightenment Evolution Chronicles Vol I Discussion Thread

APPROVED BY KAMOTZ!

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz
    Quote Originally Posted by DVB
    Sign-Up Thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ronicles-Vol-1

The actual Thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ronicles-Vol-1

I am formally requesting a discussion thread because we have at least 6 members with more possibly to join and I believe it would be beneficial for everyone to be able to discuss the plot for new ideas as well as serve for better communication. Please and thank you.
    Approved. Go forth.
    Sign-Up Thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ronicles-Vol-1

The actual Thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ronicles-Vol-1

The Story

The year according to the Gregorian calendar is 1865. Unlike the world you are used to, this world is different. Many events have happened that led to the current state of this world. Trying to identify when the turning point was is impossible. However, among the educated community or even the poor was a legend. A tale of two brothers that occurred during the Renaissance Era.

These two boys had the same father but different mothers. One was raised in nobility and learned about the world with the masters of Da Vinici, Michealango and others. One was raised in poverty and with his large family, heard of the many persecutions of the church, and the belief of corruption. However, they shared the same mysterious birthmarks and inherited their father’s genius. In their youth, they encountered one another and realized their connection through their birthmark. As they exchanged experiences, ideas began forming. The older brother, born of the poor, learned about the sciences and the arts and applied to what he learned. The younger brother, born of nobility learned of the strife and using his mind, realized the many problems that have occurred. As they met in secret and learned from their elders about the ancient times of the Byzantine and the Roman and having met many strange individuals, they begin developing ideas. They saw that the influence of the Christian church was corrupting to the values of science. They viewed the current era in a more jaded view with the increase of poverty, warfare and political and religious persecution. At the same time, they were awed as the artistic endeavors and the scientific advances by Da Vinci with his inventions. Realizing the potential this man had on the future, they began following him and they managed to deduce how he kept his work secret. Years of silent decoding allowed them to discover his inventions, but realized their flaws and how they could be improved. When he died, they were saddened. They began thinking on what that would mean. They realized that the era was both of good and bad and they must write down both, so people may learn from mistake while retaining and improving on the good.

Extending on the lack of persecution, they began writing for the equal treatment of people regardless of religion though this was increased to include equality among people regardless of appearance, gender or any other physical difference or way of thinking. They began gathering followers, but they were careful to avoid the eye of the church and authority. Their secret way of thoughts reached the ears of people of all sorts. This group praised thinking, the arts, sciences, equality among all and other virtues. Their impact would change the world.

Their teachings led to think about the world in different ways. Over time, people who were ordinary became extraordinary because these brothers existed. When the New World was discovered, this secret order saw opportunity for a fresh place to start. By this time, there were several patterns they noticed when the Europeans settled down. They had observed that because Britain was an island, it reacted to the natives different than other countries had. Many members went to the New World to learn more. For Spain, the goal for the lands was put on hold with the problems going on with the church. When they arrived later than how it was in our world, they saw the Natives dying from an unknown plague. Instead of conquest for gold, they sought out to help these people, remembering how Europe was nearly destroyed by the Black Plague. More positive relationships were forged and science and learning preceded the search. They saw that despite some of the horror that the natives had in their culture, they saw their many accomplishment, especially with the discovery of the Mayan calendar and their time-keeping.

For a while, history remained unchanged. However, with the rise of the Americas, one of the new settlers brought with them a book of the teachings and showed it to the Founding Fathers. Wanting to distanced themselves further from the Europe traditions, they began changing policies. They viewed the natives not as savages, but as equals and they worked to create a system to satisfy both parties. Technology began advancing, however the world began changing

The brothers’ reverence of Da Vinci lead to the rise of clockwork contraptions. However, with the discovery of coal, this was becoming the past. While the general public embraced the new technology, others were suspicious about it. A noble who lost his family had their corpses investigated and discovered the damage to their lungs from the development of coal. He devoted himself to the sciences and realized the flaws that could pursue. Having nothing left in Europe, he went to the New World to spread his information. With the Americas undergoing a longer period of Enlightment and Renaissance, they drew from baroque culture and other sources while retaining the radical teachings of the brothers. They discovered through accident, theory and fortune new ways of producing steel, they honored their commitment to nature as respect to the Native Americans. Europe eventuall developed into what one may call a steampunk civilization while the US embraced the clockwork mechanics and other sources. Instead of coal, they used the power of nature.

The Current Situation:

You are going about your daily business when suddenly in your workplace or near an area of recreation, you spy someone dressed in strange garb. They have a hood and a cloak on with a mysterious symbol on it. They end up in a form of trouble and being the good person you are, you help them out. The next day, a letter in a black envelope is hand-delivered to you. The paper is black and the writing appears to be written in gold. You become invited to a grand party in Washington. Little you know, the person you helped save is part of an organization, one with deep roots, that will take you on an adventure of a lifetime. You will be forced to discover hidden talents, perform feats of espionage, ingenuity, combat and deduction to survive this quest. For an ominous force lurks in the shadows, ready to throw the world into chaos.

Accepted Players:

Diego Vendrix- DVB
    Jasper Hawk- iStorm
    Blanc N. Tuerie- CandleReaper
    Marina "Pearl" Silvestri- Jean Grey
    Zuri Watkinson- Kiruria
    Halt Chrono- deltakurumiru4

------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to my the Discussion Thread of my long-awaited RPG. So submit comments, critcisms, ideas, suggestions and the like!
    Last edited by DVB; 17th September 2012 at 12:41 AM.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

Okay everyone, I need some more people to hurry up and update. Don't tell me you all became disinterested so fast. Also, Chili has until the weekend to finish his sign-up. If he doesn't, then signs ups will be open for two more people.

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.

I updated the list of who is particpating and who isn't.

Well I plan on making sign up; once you are done researching and stuff and can answer my question, of course.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-0861-1093

I answered your question. I need to know who is staying and who is leaving from the RPG.