Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon: Devil's Ascent (Discussion Thread)

Hey, guys. I apologize for my absence. This is my first chance to be on the internet in, well, four days. I'll try to get a post up as soon as I can.

(Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

Chapter Three: The Seashore House
    "Do you guys have any milk?"
    "No, but we have soda pop."
    "How about some fresh water?"
    "Fresh out. Would you like a soda pop?"

Okay, so I'm guessing that I left off on a rather difficult note to respond to. My idea was to get everyone's responses to the aftereffects of the fight with the spirits, but it's very possible that I just ended on a rather difficult note.

I'm hoping to run this differently than UC, where we were returning to a home "base" after each mission. I want to set this up more like Dark Reign (for those of you who know what I'm talking about), very hectic, chaotic, and breakneck. So we won't really be returning to Anatolia after each attempt to find/stop/fix a broken seal, we'll just be moving on to the next problem.

I know both sequel and Foodguy have RL things that keep them from posting, and Hotshot as well has obligations (that's not to say that Tundra, Griff, or smb...or myself don't, but the others have given me specific notice).

So what's the general consensus, should I move on (and hopefully bring you to a point more easily responded to), or do you guys just need more time?

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

Well, I personally wouldn't mind moving on. I have a really short post written, but it's a bit contrived. If anyone has a post currently in the works, they could just add it to their posts after you post via scene break/time skip. I personally say 'Go ahead and move on'.

I'll get something up soon. Just give me a bit, I'm writing a sign-up for Codename BAN-TYO right now, but once that's done I'll get to post-writing.
    [CENTER]

Credit for the banner goes to Kamotz

Haha. Wow guys, sorry I haven't posted. Yesterday morning a friend and I decided on a whim to go to Jerusalem for Sukkot. Just got back now. It was awesome. I love spontaneous trips. But it's back to work for me now, never fear. I'll have a post up soon

Monsters."

So I take it that we are going to the Sovereigns? Also at the moment Hira is my favourite character to write as, and now I can't stop hearing Tia talk with a Jamaican accent.

Yup, I'm pretty sure that's where we're headed.

Yeah, we'll be heading to the palace of the Harmonious Compass Gods ("Sovereigns" to the Devas and those who follow/worship them). And while our characters don't know what they'll find, we already do...ho boy! Mephistopheles is racking up quite a record.

Oh, the Sovereign aren't dead, just blinded and extremely weakened. Just to clear that bit up. And is it just me, or is Shoon probably prophetic?

Monsters."

Are we going to the Sovereigns' place by foot/air? Wait, maybe that was a dumb question. Umm, are we going to scene skip there, I guess I mean?

Yeah, we're stuck humpin it. No shiny teleporting for us.

If anyone else has anything to post in response to things, they can post it now. We'll do a quick travel there, and then keep moving.

Monsters."

Hmm, I don't have anything to post. ...Actually I do, but it's with my other characters, so I can do it anytime.

On a side note, did Samael get a new Behemoth? His old one got ripped in half or blown up, didn't it?

The behemoth...it's a demonic monster bike. I think it just came back.

Monsters."

I'll quickly get out some Bedivere bristling over Michael, and some more of Vritra's world philosophy, then. Incidentally, why do I get the same feeling from this that I did from when Osiris's group went to consult Socrates again way back in DR? Y'know, when they found Volund ripped apart and Socrates staked to the wall?

I actually cannot wait to fight Mephistopheles and his gang... it ought to be interesting to measure up our strengths on his. Anyway, Kamotz, any idea on how we can start working on Vritra's divine spark? I know you said about that one point at which being a god would be inappropriate, but reasonably, I'd like to have her as a full god by the end, definitely by RW. Any chance Thor could give some pointers? Or Svarog, should he return from beyond again?
    [CENTER]

The god-issue will be addressed soonish. But I'll let you know when it's okay to get Vritra moving on that front. There's a seal involved that would definitely hinder your plans.

Monsters."

Once we see our resident nosy gogglehead again, Vritra can expect to recieve some pointers from him too... whether she wants them or not (probably not). If its any consolation to her, Tyr's had to go through six months of Tiwaz's advice... but I'm guessing Tyr's probably a bit more accepting of it.

I'm presuming that seal will involve the event you happened to mention which makes it inappropriate to be a full god, so I'm fine there. So basically we can get to work... after that seal, right?

I'm also interested in the fact that seemingly, no-one's noticed War yet. I'm presuming that's because if Lucia's history is anything to go by, they're always battling down that berg anyway, right?
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    Oh, the Sovereign aren't dead, just blinded and extremely weakened. Just to clear that bit up. And is it just me, or is Shoon probably prophetic?
    Maybe not as prophetic as really intelligent despite his disposition...probably. At the same time quite ignorant, so to speak. That's a certainty. Let's just say he walks a fine line between being wise...and being an idiot.

I'm also interested in the fact that seemingly, no-one's noticed War yet. I'm presuming that's because if Lucia's history is anything to go by, they're always battling down that berg anyway, right?
    ...say what? o.o
    There are stories made from the imagination. There are stories born from experience.
    There are stories told because of a need to be filled. There are stories that simply need to be told.
    This is one of them.

“Maybe there really is a method to his madness…or maybe he’s just plain insane."
    Chapter 3: Act III is out and posted!

Quote Originally Posted by storymasterb View Post
    I'm presuming that seal will involve the event you happened to mention which makes it inappropriate to be a full god, so I'm fine there. So basically we can get to work... after that seal, right?
    Yes. You are correct. It'll be quite obvious when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by storymasterb View Post
    Yeah, They're always playing some huge game of chess, with hundreds of "pieces", but I'm going to address the Chess Kingdom War (and the seal involved) in my next post.

Monsters."

So many named characters... I expect a very high death count. I should have a post up in awhile, by the way. Mephistopheles is probably long gone, I assume?

He's in the human world, actually.

Monsters."

Hmm... I wonder what seven digimon Gaul is trying to get?

Nice to know that Cres is having such a wonderful effect on the Peacemakers. -.-; What is it with people and pushing him up against walls by his neck?

I'll try to have a post up later during my break.
    There are stories made from the imagination. There are stories born from experience.
    There are stories told because of a need to be filled. There are stories that simply need to be told.
    This is one of them.

“Maybe there really is a method to his madness…or maybe he’s just plain insane."

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Wolfmane View Post
    Nice to know that Cres is having such a wonderful effect on the Peacemakers. -.-; What is it with people and pushing him up against walls by his neck?
    I think it's because people don't like him, is my guess. =P

Hey, guys, just a head's up...been extremely busy with a project all this week. Two projects, actually. I'll hopefully be able to get a post up at some point...but I can't promise anything. So, yeah. Just lettin' you guys know.

(Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

Chapter Three: The Seashore House
    "Do you guys have any milk?"
    "No, but we have soda pop."
    "How about some fresh water?"
    "Fresh out. Would you like a soda pop?"

Just a head's up. Made a minor edit to my last post for continuity's sake. Is all.
    This is one of them.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast