Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Digimon: Devil's Ascent (Discussion Thread)

Well, Griff and Tundra have posted, but I was hoping that we'd get something from the rest of you.

Just to reiterate, Foodguy's characters are now NPCs until further notice, so you guys can use them to bounce dialogue if you need. Not sure what to do with them, but I'll think of something.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

Well, there's only so much for my guys to talk about right now. I suppose I could try to get something up, but it feels kinda awkward to have all our characters standing around in a big room with a bunch of humans. I'm a little limited in what to talk about.

Or I could just get Sha to start singing. But I don't think anybody but him would enjoy that.

(Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

Chapter One: En Route 39
    They say that even the tiniest beat of a butterfly's wings on one side of the world can, through a remarkable string of events, trigger a tidal wave on the other... And with it, immense catastrophe.

This is how the sun was eclipsed, and its light snuffed out.

It might be best for us to just move things along. Then again, I do like Sha's singing.
    Digimon Club
    Chapter 14 of A Dragon in Shining Armour is up.

Author's Profile (New)
    Banners by Sworn Metalhead ^ and Anastasia R. v ----pairs with Diamondpearl876
    Claimed: Grovyle (6/30/10) and a second time (11/10/13).

Just to keep everything organized, we're up against 6 Lesser Lords and Pelleas.

Pelleas - Albiomon (right? that's what he was?)
    King Belial - MaloMyotismon
    Duke Haures - Devitamamon
    Prince Moloch - Cherubimon (Evil)
    Baron Zagan - Gulfmon
    Count Murmur - Murmuxmon
    Marquis Orcus - Ghoulmon

And aside from our own Peacemakers we have the Digidestined
    Evangel - Goldramon
    Jacob - Aegisdramon
    Andreas - Susanoomon
    Silas - Alphamon
    Maximillian - Varodurumon
    Avazina - Magnadramon
    Liliana - Regulumon

Monsters."

Oh, I'm sorry guys. I must have missed it when we picked up pace again. Glad to see you back Kamotz.

I'm still in this, and I'll be working on a post.
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Watch your step! Sig Under Construction!

Well, I think other than tundra and griff, no one has posted since I went into the hospital...a month ago. I thought about calling it quits on this one too, but I figured I'd give it one last gof and see if we could finish.

Monsters."

We're so close. After so long, it'd be a shame not to see it through to the end.

Oh, I definitely agree, which is why I decided to give it another go. But I just keep feeling like I'm pulling teeth to get people to post. Maybe it's because we all have so many characters, that the interactions usually get contained to just our own little spheres. I dunno, but we seem to be having more and more of these longer and longer posting lulls. And after what happened with Armored Core, Weapons, and Ultimates, I just find myself questioning how much effort I should be putting into keeping these RPGs running.

Monsters."

I can tell you that the biggest obstacle to my post-making is the sheer number of characters we all seem to have in any one place. And while that is partially my fault (I am playing 4... and a half) to where I spend most of my time just sorting everything out as to who said or did what when and where and if any of my characters should care or not, which gets especially hectic during battles.

I could always do self-contained posts, but that would leave less room for interaction between our characters... I don't know it just feels more complicated then it should. Maybe I'm just over-complicating it.

Which is why for the sequels (if we make it there, and no pun intended) I'm bringing in the 3 character limit. And with Foodguy gone, that brings a maximum of 18 characters instead of the 35 or so we have now.

Monsters."

Yeah, I think that's probably a good idea. I'm probably only going to end up playing 2 if we go for a sequel.

I'm definately 100% committed to this. I'm adamant about not letting this thing die. Heh. It would just be such a waste. Yeah, I'm for the three-character-limit for the sequels. If we can just get there, everything will go swimmingly.

So yeah, I'll have a post up tomorrow at the latest. We did have a resurgence of uninterrupted posting recently, so we know that it's not like DA's on it's final breath. I think we'll be able to finish this, even if a few cut corners are necessary.
    Digimon Club

Author's Profile (New)

See, one of the hardest things for me is that my characters don't really intertwine with others at this point. They fit together really nicely, but not so well with others, apparently. I guess I've just trapped myself in a bubble of the Troublesome Trio (plus Ivy), and it's hard to get out of that. So I'm severely limited when it comes to out-of-battle interactions. I'm just ready for another fight now.

They say that even the tiniest beat of a butterfly's wings on one side of the world can, through a remarkable string of events, trigger a tidal wave on the other... And with it, immense catastrophe.

With less characters, it will be easier to interact with others more, so that might help... Hmm, I'll try to have my characters interact with yours and others more, Hotshot. Heh. Gigas and Khep do kinda have that secret friendship- ack! I mean non-friendship where they totally didn't bug-hug. (Help, Khep's lurking in the shadows behind me.)
    Digimon Club

Author's Profile (New)

Well, I've been missing for a while. Not much to add other than what everyone else has already said, no? I'm gonna make a post and get it up within the next 24 hours. Also, will this battle last long?

And Hotshot, do what I do: threaten to send a picture of said bug-hug (acquired through means that I will not mention) to everyone you know and make him lose his reputation. Course, that just makes him madder...nevermind, don't do that.

EDIT: Also, are we controlling the Digidestined as NPCs as well?
    Last edited by Tundra_Wolfmane; 25th April 2012 at 8:51 PM.
    There are stories made from the imagination. There are stories born from experience.
    There are stories told because of a need to be filled. There are stories that simply need to be told.
    This is one of them.

“Maybe there really is a method to his madness…or maybe he’s just plain insane."
    Chapter 3: Act III is out and posted!

I figured I'll make a battle chart. I'm working on my post now.

Pelleas - Albiomon (vs.) Bedivere
    King Belial - MaloMyotismon (vs.) Caradoc, Barachiel
    Duke Haures - Devitamamon (vs.) Nocchi, Gunnar
    Prince Moloch - Cherubimon (Evil) (vs.) Ivy, Tiwaz
    Baron Zagan - Gulfmon (vs.) Gigas
    Count Murmur - Murmuxmon (vs.) Sha
    Marquis Orcus - Ghoulmon (vs.) Guinier, Pyra
    Nebiros - Beetlemon (vs.) Khep
    Sabnock - MetalKabuterimon (vs.) Khep

Undecided = Thor, Svarog, Michael, Samael, Vritra, Azur/Fenrir, Shoon, Aeria, Cresil, Duo, Lucia, Trowa, Justin

And I'm not sure if the Cambi-destined kids are supposed to be fighting too. Are we allowed to use them or should we just leave them be?

Edit: Just for the record, Kamotz said that we're allowed to kill these guys (but not Belial) at some point during the fight. I'm not sure if this includes Pelleas or not, though.
    Last edited by Griff4815; 26th April 2012 at 4:36 PM.
    Digimon Club

Author's Profile (New)

My response was a little lacking this time, due to lack of time... I'll try to make my next fight-post more detailed.

For Haures, I'm thinking he should eventually die by excessive explosions via some teamwork (i.e. Shoon's bombs spread via Nocchi's strings and set off by an intense Glorious Burst or something by Gunnar).

And I have an idea as to how to kill Murmur. But it'll be a surprise.

Hmm...we can go with that route for Haures, but can I handle his death scene? There's something I want to get out of the way that I've been planning for a long time.

And Hotshot, Sha and surprises...somehow, the combination scares me more than Gigas on a hugging spree.

Also, editted chart:

Pelleas - Albiomon (vs.) Bedivere
    King Belial - MaloMyotismon (vs.) Caradoc (?), Barachiel, Cresil
    Duke Haures - Devitamamon (vs.) Nocchi, Gunnar, Shoon
    Prince Moloch - Cherubimon (Evil) (vs.) Ivy, Tiwaz, Aeria
    Baron Zagan - Gulfmon (vs.) Gigas, Azur/Fenrir
    Count Murmur - Murmuxmon (vs.) Sha
    Nebiros - Beetlemon (vs.) Khep
    Sabnock - MetalKabuterimon (vs.) Khep

Undecided = Thor, Svarog, Michael, Samael, Vritra, Duo, Lucia, Trowa, Justin
    There are stories made from the imagination. There are stories born from experience.
    There are stories told because of a need to be filled. There are stories that simply need to be told.
    This is one of them.

“Maybe there really is a method to his madness…or maybe he’s just plain insane."
    Chapter 3: Act III is out and posted!

Tundra: Sure, that's completely fine with me. Just let Griff and me know what works best for you as far as ending Haures goes. We'll work it out so you can do what you need to do.

Gah! I was ninja'd. Which admittedly wasn't hard at the rate I was writing that "post".

Uhh... I'll just give the reactions to that in my next post.
    Digimon Club

Author's Profile (New)

Does anyone have an updated organizer? I've got Thor against Belial, Svarog against Murmur, Samael all over the place, and Michael General-ing. And the Digidestined are going after the children, and Liliana/Regulumon has impaled Hira. Not really on purpose, but...

Monsters."

Pelleas - Albiomon (vs.) Bedivere, Lucia?
    King Belial - MaloMyotismon (vs.) Cresil, Thor
    Duke Haures - Devitamamon (vs.) Nocchi, Gunnar, Shoon
    Prince Moloch - Cherubimon (Evil) (vs.) Ivy, Aeria
    Baron Zagan - Gulfmon (vs.) Gigas, Azur/Fenrir
    Count Murmur - Murmuxmon (vs.) Sha, Svarog, Vritra?, Duo?
    Nebiros - Beetlemon (vs.) Khep, Trowa?
    Sabnock - MetalKabuterimon (vs.) Khep, Trowa?
    Marcus - BlackSuperStarmon/Darkdramon (vs.) Justin?
    Creepy Children (vs.) The Digidestined
    Between places/doing other stuff - Samael, Michael, Kole, Tia
    Mental Illusion Land (that sounds like the worst theme park ever) - Caradoc, Barachiel, Pyra, Tiwaz

Vritra and Sequel's characters might be subject to change. That's going by the VMs I got earlier, so it's possible smb and Sequel could change their minds in light of the recent events in the RPG.
    Last edited by Griff4815; 27th April 2012 at 11:00 PM.
    Digimon Club

Author's Profile (New)

I'd say we definitely have too many guys on Murmur and too few on Moloch. It's highly unlikely that Ivy and Aeria can take on a super-powered Cherubimon by themselves. And having Sha, Svarog, Vritra, and Duo on a Murmuxmon is definitely overkill.

I'll jump Vritra over to Moloch on my next post. Bedivere will kill Pelleas on my next post, also, so I'll move him to wherever seems prudent at that point.

Also, Caradoc will probably break free from Mental Illusion Land at some point soon. Maybe not my next post, but quite possibly the post after. And Guinier may just kill off Orcus next post.
    [CENTER]

Credit for the banner goes to Kamotz

I will probably get rid of Murmur in my next post then. And then I'll have Gigas at least clobber Zagan a little more. Tundra, do you want to kill him off or just leave him to Gig?

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 LastLast