Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon: Devil's Ascent (Discussion Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    Just a new development here: More Banners!!!

Guinier
    Azur
    Aeria
    Justin
    Sha
    Tia
    Hira
    Shoon
    Ivy
    Vritra
    Cresil
    I love the banners, Kamotz. There's just one minor thing I noticed...Ivy's last name is "Tifaret", not "Tirafet". But I love how it looks. And I think I'll switch over to using that Sha banner.

(Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

Chapter Three: The Seashore House
    "Do you guys have any milk?"
    "No, but we have soda pop."
    "How about some fresh water?"
    "Fresh out. Would you like a soda pop?"

Hotshot: really? Crap.
    Last edited by Kamotz; 16th October 2010 at 2:17 PM.

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

Whoohoo, Zur got a new banner! And I'm loving Ria's and Shoon's. Thanks, Kamotz!

I suppose my vigil for Dunk should be over soon.

Quote Originally Posted by storymasterb View Post
    Vritra vs. Lily Harmon (BanchoLeomon) (Yes, the idea of a WarGreymon tag-team was just too irresistible. About as irresistible as a WarGreymon vs. BlackWarGreymon bout, actually.)
    Funny you mention that. I kept on wondering what I wanted to do with Aeria, and the EmperorGreymon and the BlackWarGreymon kept on coming to mind. Course, then they got taken. And this'll be an interesting pair, and not only with the species: I can only imagine how Vritra will react to Aeria's normal persona.

Last one with everyone having their target then:
    Victor Henricksen (UlforceVeedramon) VS Guinier
    Jake Talley (JumboGamemon) VS Tia, Hira
    Andrew Gallagher (EmperorGreymon) VS Sha
    Scott Carey (Dorugoramon) VS Gunnar
    Max Miller (Eaglemon) VS Pyra
    Ava Wilson (Gryphonmon) VS Lucia
    Lily Harmon (BanchoLeomon) VS Aeria, Vritra

Marcus Starthorne (DarkSuperStarmon) VS Shoon, Justin
    Damien Ghostrider (SkullMeramon) VS Ivy, Duo
    Lucian Beastmane (ShadowWereGarurumon) VS Michael
    Gaul Drago (BlackWarGreymon) VS Kole
    Hecatondies (TyrantKabuterimon) VS Thor, Bedivere

Kheprius VS Samael
    Barachiel VS Caradoc
    Gigas VS Nocchi
    There are stories made from the imagination. There are stories born from experience.
    There are stories told because of a need to be filled. There are stories that simply need to be told.
    This is one of them.

“Maybe there really is a method to his madness…or maybe he’s just plain insane."
    Chapter 3: Act III is out and posted!

Well it looks like all our enemies are tied up...but I wonder...wasn't there something about an Andromon? And a Myotismon? I must be remembering wrong.

Gee, I hope I didn't miss anything...

Monsters."

(I hate to do this double post thing again, but I feel I must)

I'm gonna hold off progressing the fight to the next stage until Sequel finishes his first bit with Lucia and Duo. Once that happens I'll start the next part, which will include...well...I won't spoil it for you

Monsters."

There were Dracula and Sigma, weren't there? Though, I suppose they could be off helping Mephistopheles and...

Ah. I think I've got an idea now.

Incidentally, are we gonna do anything about the Red Chessmon situation? It's just I was having epic images of Vritra plowing through ranks of Chessmon.
    [CENTER]

Credit for the banner goes to Kamotz

There were Dracula and Sigma, weren't there? Though, I suppose they could be off helping Mephistopheles and...

Ah. I think I've got an idea now.
    Heh, I bet you do. There's still something brewing, too. Hence why I said I was eventually leaving Hecatondies to you/Bedivere.

Incidentally, are we gonna do anything about the Red Chessmon situation? It's just I was having epic images of Vritra plowing through ranks of Chessmon.
    Really? You think we should interfere in the political sphere of another kingdom? She's their legitimate ruler, after all.

Monsters."

Got it. I've got a way around Bee Cyclone in any case, I got an idea about that.

As for the Reds, they conquered their nation by doing a deal with a demon, slaughtering the inhabitants and having War on their side, for all things holy. Excuse me if I refuse to recognize their legitimacy as rulers.

But I guess you're right. Any chance that situation might be resolved, or will the Reds stick around?
    [CENTER]

Well the only one who made a deal with Mephistopheles was Elizabeth Balthory the Red Queen. Should the rest of her kingdom have to suffer? Besides, now there's actually peace in the Chess Kingdom instead of the constant war. But this is just me playing devil's advocate [/pun]. There will be some sort of interaction there, but that really depends on Lucia getting word of it.

Monsters."

Why don't we pull out the old Civil War plan and kill Elizabeth then? Oh, yeah... that plan kinda went a tiny bit wrong...

Incidentally, I can't wait for Vritra to meet War. As for why... read my sig quote from her.

It's peace created by the will of a demon. That is never a good thing in my opinion, and Mephistopheles is a trickster even going by the source material with poor Doctor Faustus. There's a catch here, I know there is.
    [CENTER]

Of course there's a catch. He didn't do it for himself. She owes him now, and he'll collect from her just as he did with Hecatondies, his special children, and the group of soldiers he's sicked on us. Plus, her rise to power was one of the 66 seals.

If you think about it, the constant war in the chess kingdom between White and Black was designed just to prevent Red from gaining control. If Red was initally a much smaller and weaker group, then White and Black were always training, growing, strengthening their tactics and solidifying their joint control. It was a form of evolution; the strongest was always in control. When the other side got stronger, they were kicked out and left to get even stronger still. Red was such a small, puny group that they never got the chance to grow like the other two until Elizabeth made her deal with Mephistopheles.

Monsters."

Y'know, I've been thinking. If all we've been dealing with are the aftermath of broken seals, and we've never once even seen Mephistopheles, then chances are he's ahead by several seals. With his henchmen, technically he can work to break multiple seals at once, leaving us in the dust as to which seal he is personally working to break. Indeed, I'd expect he spent years making deals specifically so he could collect on them in ways which broke seals. We already know he made his deal with Dracula specifically so he'd set it up in a way which made certain Dracula would be able to defeat the terms of the deal, breaking that seal.

So I'm thinking at this point we won't actually find and face Mephistopheles until all sixty-six seals are broken. His henchmen, yes, the man himself, no. He's already way ahead of us, can work on multiple seals at once, and has henchmen he can use to hold us up.

Just speculating here, but technically I'm expecting he's already got preparations in place to break all sixty-six seals. Hence why he's broken five already on top of the twenty we broke in UC... incidentally, why am I thinking he made a deal with Arty at some point just so he could spark the Crusade and start breaking more seals? I'm starting to see what you meant about our actions in UC being significant here now, Kamotz...
    [CENTER]

Well, it's good to know there's a light at the end of the tunnel... =P

This task definately isn't going to be easy, even when we get our two Ancients + their DNA power-up back. As for the Red Chessmon kingdom dispute, if Tiwaz finds out about that, he'll be first out of the gate to want to interfere, being his interventionist self. I wouldn't exactly disagree with him on that, either.

I've also got a pretty solid bet on Arty having made a deal with Mephistopheles. I think I might even know when it takes place, but I guess we'll see.

Also, is it possible for our bug characters to be knocked out cold? Or does Hecadonties' control transcend even that?
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013
    Chapter 17 is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff4815 View Post
    This task definately isn't going to be easy, even when we get our two Ancients + their DNA power-up back. As for the Red Chessmon kingdom dispute, if Tiwaz finds out about that, he'll be first out of the gate to want to interfere, being his interventionist self. I wouldn't exactly disagree with him on that, either.
    Well, with the interfering, you'd have to think of it in a logical sense. While I am one to believe that the ends don't justify the means, their ruling does mean that the Chess Kingdoms have achieved (sort of) peace. Not to mention the fact that said peace has eluded the kingdoms for quite some time.

Besides, unless he finds out that a demon helped them (meaning he doesn't know that a demon's involved), would Tiwaz still be keen on going there?

As for the Reds, they conquered their nation by doing a deal with a demon, slaughtering the inhabitants and having War on their side, for all things holy. Excuse me if I refuse to recognize their legitimacy as rulers.
    While the first one is something I can somewhat agree on, it's really is war, and there's usually very few rules when it comes to so. Slaughtering the inhabitants isn't all that unusual in wars, as much as we can't stomach the thought. And as for having War on their side, well, that's just as well as having Artorius or a great warrior on their side, no? They're taking advantage of what they got.

We're not even sure if the rest of the Red Chessmon know that their leader made a deal with a demon. Killing Elizabeth off without having good reason (in the Red Kingdom's eyes) is as good as declaring war on them and getting on their bad side. (Although this does mean that we might get on the good side of the Black/White Kingdoms.)

Her motives for doing so are also in question. Would you want to kill someone who thought that making a deal with a real-life demon was worth it if it meant her kingdom, the people that have put all their faith and trust in her but usually left in the dust and ignored, would finally have the respect that she thinks they'd deserve?

Course, this is the logical and apathetic tactician in me. The Red Chessmons may very well know what their leader did, and Elizabeth may very well be a cold hearted ***** who loves to see destruction. It's all assumptions from me until we find out.

So I'm thinking at this point we won't actually find and face Mephistopheles until all sixty-six seals are broken. His henchmen, yes, the man himself, no. He's already way ahead of us, can work on multiple seals at once, and has henchmen he can use to hold us up.
    Drat. I was hoping to see him soon. Oh well. That plan can wait.

And I'll try to have a post up before the night is over, my time. Need to brainstorm for a bit.
    Last edited by Tundra_Wolfmane; 18th October 2010 at 2:25 AM.
    There are stories made from the imagination. There are stories born from experience.
    There are stories told because of a need to be filled. There are stories that simply need to be told.
    This is one of them.

“Maybe there really is a method to his madness…or maybe he’s just plain insane."
    Chapter 3: Act III is out and posted!

Well, it's good to know there's a light at the end of the tunnel... =P
    It's hellfire.

Also, is it possible for our bug characters to be knocked out cold? Or does Hecadonties' control transcend even that?
    No they can get knocked out. The two things Hecatondies can't control are things like that (physical ailments, injuries, etc. The body is still the body). And he can't access their higher/alternate forms unless he knows about them. Simply put, he can't mind-control them to evolve or slide-evolve if he doesn't know they can.

I like Tundra's mini-essay, too. Keep in mind that the White Chessmon have hired Duo and Trowa in the past. Should we also go after them for breaking traditional chess "rules"?

Monsters."

It's hellfire.
    Kamotz, you sure know how to make a person feel all warm and fuzzy and reassured inside. =P

No they can get knocked out. The two things Hecatondies can't control are things like that (physical ailments, injuries, etc. The body is still the body). And he can't access their higher/alternate forms unless he knows about them. Simply put, he can't mind-control them to evolve or slide-evolve if he doesn't know they can.
    Okay, that makes sense. I don't think any of our bugs will be very happy at all once they come around.
    Last edited by Griff4815; 18th October 2010 at 3:43 PM.
    Chapter 17 is up.

I like Tundra's mini-essay, too. Keep in mind that the White Chessmon have hired Duo and Trowa in the past. Should we also go after them for breaking traditional chess "rules"?
    Not to mention that Lucia is a White Chessmon herself. Or rather was one I guess.

Either way, I can't see Lucia taking the news very well once she finds out. Its gonna be interesting to see how that whole situation is gonna play out.

Yeah, I've been thinking that as well. He's always like five steps ahead of our group. Every time we find something out, we learn that not only did he already know that, but took care of it already. I'm just not getting any kind of hope that we'll even catch sight of the guy till he wants us to catch sight of him.
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Watch your step! Sig Under Construction!

The issue with going after Elizabeth at this point is that we have to prioritize Mephistopheles. One kingdom pales in comparison to the sort of destruction and death that would occur if Mephistopheles could achieve his aims and open the Inferno. As much as Lucia will likely hate me, we have to choose a priority, and that has to be Mephistopheles in this situation. While this may seem hypocritical compared to my earlier posts, it's important to see the bigger picture.

As for catching up, demons are tricky. He's already run rings around us, and he seems comfortable that way, so we can assume he'll stay away until he needs to personally intervene. Perhaps to break a seal, he'd need to personally take the battle to us. Perhaps, I'm not holding my breath there.

Incidentally, could I finish Bedivere vs. Hecatondies next post or not? Bedivere has his way around Bee Cyclone now, he just freezes the barrier with an ice shell and shatters it.

I'm also looking to finish up Caradoc vs. Barachiel if that's okay with you, Griff?
    [CENTER]

Hmm...I wonder if the Chess Kingdom decision might be the thing that splits our group up like what happened in Dark Reign...I wonder...

Monsters."

I'm also looking to finish up Caradoc vs. Barachiel if that's okay with you, Griff?
    Yeah, go for it. That's ending at the same time Hecadonties dies, isn't it?

And do you want me to post so you can post again?

Hmm...I wonder if the Chess Kingdom decision might be the thing that splits our group up like what happened in Dark Reign...I wonder...
    Could be... I wouldn't surprised if there was a split at some point. Who knows? We could even split three ways...
    Chapter 17 is up.

Another group split? That would be interesting, though I wonder who the leaders would be... Michael and Bedivere?

Thing is that Bedivere would prioritize Mephistopheles, but Caradoc and Guinier would more likely turn to resolving the Chess Kingdom. Both of them have a thing about helping others and their duty to others, while Bedivere feels a responsibility to the world at large due to his title and all. Vritra would go with Bedivere, she wants Mephistopheles dead more than anything.

So my characters if the group splits:
    Chess Kingdom: Caradoc and Guinier
    Mephistopheles: Bedivere and Vritra.

Thing is, back in DR you even said you didn't intend a group split, it just happened because of Ajax and Osiris being so different as leaders and choosing different paths to defeat Samhain (if I were of the gloating mood, I would likely point out that ultimately Osiris's choice to find Yggdrasil was right, without Yggdrasil we couldn't have won.)

And incidentally, I'm finding the Xros Wars refusal to give us Baalmon's attacks infuriating, in AoA I'm planning for my new character's brother to be a Baalmon and get into a few fights alongside us in support of his brother.
    [CENTER]

Another group split? That would be interesting, though I wonder who the leaders would be... Michael and Bedivere?

Thing is that Bedivere would prioritize Mephistopheles, but Caradoc and Guinier would more likely turn to resolving the Chess Kingdom. Both of them have a thing about helping others and their duty to others, while Bedivere feels a responsibility to the world at large due to his title and all. Vritra would go with Bedivere, she wants Mephistopheles dead more than anything.

So my characters if the group splits:
    Chess Kingdom: Caradoc and Guinier
    Mephistopheles: Bedivere and Vritra.

Thing is, back in DR you even said you didn't intend a group split, it just happened because of Ajax and Osiris being so different as leaders and choosing different paths to defeat Samhain (if I were of the gloating mood, I would likely point out that ultimately Osiris's choice to find Yggdrasil was right, without Yggdrasil we couldn't have won.)

And incidentally, I'm finding the Xros Wars refusal to give us Baalmon's attacks infuriating, in AoA I'm planning for my new character's brother to be a Baalmon and get into a few fights alongside us in support of his brother.
    [CENTER]

True, in DR I never intended for the group to split, but I also went into it with a much more vague idea of what I wanted to do. Here I'm very organized, for better or worse. Also, the thought of splitting up the group didn't occur to me until someone mentioned it here a few posts back, and I like the idea. Especially because Devil's Ascent is supposed to mirror Dark Reign in some way. So maybe...yeah, I guess everyone should start thinking about which choice their characters would make in that regard.

Go after Mephistopheles...somehow?...being all reactive to whatever seals he tries to break.
    or...
    Go to the Chess Kingdom to investigate the Rise of the Red Queen.

As for Baalmon, I'm pretty sure he's equivalent to an Ultimate level. I don't want to spoil for anyone, but PM me if you want my theory.
    Last edited by Kamotz; 21st October 2010 at 9:52 AM.

Monsters."

So a list might be in order:

Team Chessmon:
    Caradoc
    Guinier
    Pyra

Team Killing Mephistopheles:
    Bedivere
    Vritra
    Michael
    Gunnar
    Barachiel
    Khep
    Chapter 17 is up.

Okay I can't get a post up until tonight, but if we need to continue Kole and Tia will be going to the Chessmon Kingdom and Hira will be onTeam Killing Mephistopheles

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast