Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Digimon: Devil's Ascent (RPG Thread)

"And even worse," Michael said. "If we know this about Seiryu, you can bet Mephistopheles does as well."
    Aeria, who was standing silently near the angel, overheard him when he said this. For some reason, those words instilled a sense of great unease in her, and when she thought about it, she knew why.

"Does...does that mean there's a chance we'll find him with them?" she asked, worried.

Shoon, who was still quite happy about the fact that he was right, also heard, and since he had got one right, he tried to go another. His mind was working on overdrive due to the excitement anyway. He raised his hand, saying, "Oh, oh, oh! Does that mean there's a seal that involves them four too?"

He wasn't exactly paying attention to the possibilities that his words might have opened.
    There are stories made from the imagination. There are stories born from experience.
    There are stories told because of a need to be filled. There are stories that simply need to be told.
    This is one of them.

“Maybe there really is a method to his madness…or maybe he’s just plain insane."
    Chapter 3: Act III is out and posted!

Bedivere glared fire at Michael, his anger aroused by the Saint's words. He bristled at the comments, how they stung at his pride and honor as a knight.

"I will not follow Artorius down that path," he spat, despite attempting to reign in his anger, he was failing badly. "Lord of the Empty Seat... to be lord of the circle, yet not sit within it. I am of a different class, I understand that fact."

"But just because I am not an angel, Michael Ha'Yisrael, does not mean I cannot lead us against demons. Remember, you called on me, and the rest of us." He turned away, glaring at the MagnaAngemon. "You called on us, knowing our strengths and our faults. If you're done being so holier-than-thou, we need to get to the four before Mephistopheles does." With that, he strode away, fists still clenched, eyes still burning...

-

Vritra shook her head, their petty quarrels were only making things worse. But then she should have expected it, they were concerned with higher things, more power, greater stations. Their souls constantly strove for more, and so they came into conflict with one another in their self-assured pride.

She was not the same. She wanted nothing more than combat, the fires to war to briefly quench her thirst for the flames. Let them have their ranks, their titles, their soldiers, she needed nothing but her own strength.

"Your pettiness is sickening," she snapped to Michael, and in part to Bedivere, landing beside the archangel. "Act like children if you please. Bicker and quarrel all day if you so wish. But don't expect me to stand here and accept it. So the both of you, shut up, and get on with it. You can shout at each other to your heart's content when this is done and that demon scum is a headless corpse at our feet." With that, she flapped her wings, and took flight, embers scattering from the burning shrouds to wash over Michael like crimson raindrops...
    [CENTER]

Credit for the banner goes to Kamotz

A soft wind blew through the vast grassland that sat below a mountain that reached up and touched the clouds. Near the base of the mountain stood a town containing a hundred or so buildings. Digimon of all ages went about their business within the hamlet. It was quiet; peaceful.

Tyr's bare feet walked through the dew-ridden blades of grass as he walked in the direction of the village. However, he was not headed for the town itself, but instead a structure several hundred meters away from the town. Tyr no longer needed Tiwaz's guidance to find what he was looking for.

The smell of smoke entered Tyr's nostrils and he could feel heat graze the front of his body. Before him stood the life-sized statue of an AncientGreymon, surrounded by a ring of tempestuous fire that lit up the white statue within. The AncientGreymon was Tiwaz.

"This is it..." Tyr said softly, gazing up above him at the statue in awe. He was finally able to see his ancestor in his entirety, not just through his eyes or as a vision in his mind. The VictoryGreymon glanced to the left, towards the village. "This is the village you saved..."

"It is," Tiwaz replied. "So I killed that final Dexmon after all..."

Tyr looked back forwards at the memorial. The marble statue had Tiwaz in a fighting pose, but still managed to capture his valiance. Even Tiwaz's goggles were carved out on Tiwaz's helmet. The detail was astonishingly good.

The emerald eyes of the VictoryGreymon slowly looked down into the blaze surrounding the statue. The fire felt familiar to him. The fire was unmistakeably that of Tiwaz's.

They were more than just flames of ruin... They were flames of courage, flames of valour, of gallantry, of passion, friendship, power...

"The burning flames of one's heart can never be extinguished," an unfamiliar voice said from Tyr's left.

The VictoryGreymon turned his head in surprise to see an EmperorGreymon walking towards him, giving Tyr a slight wave his hand.

"Greetings, traveller..." greeted the EmperorGreymon, walking over to Tyr's side before turning his attention to the flame-endowed statue. "You're wondering how that fire is burning, aren't you?" he questioned.

"Uhh... sort of..." Tyr replied.

"They are the controlled, draconic flames of the heart of Tiwaz Koenig... the final member of the Great Ten before he sacrificed his life for the sake of this town and its occupants," the EmperorGreymon begun explaining. "Back during the unleashment of the Death-X hordes, five Dexmon were upon this town, minutes away from decimating it. Tiwaz was the only one close enough to combat them... He came to their defence in the hopes of buying the villagers enough time to escape. Tiwaz was able to kill four of them but was mortally wounded in the process. With his final breaths, he was able to clash with the remaining Dexmon a final time and they both killed each other."

Tyr looked at the EmperorGreymon, following his every word, despite experiencing the tale up to that point first hand.

"When the Death-X incursion was finally quelled, the citizens came together in sorrow and thanks to build this statue to forever remember Tiwaz's sacrifice for their sakes," he explained, pulling his gaze away from the statue to lock eyes with Tyr's. "...The flames are the remnants of Tiwaz's final attack. They have remained eternal since that day and the citizens placed the statue directly in the middle of them."

The EmperorGreymon then bent down on one knee towards the statue and bowed his head, paying his respects. He then stood up and faced Tyr, sheepishly rubbing the back of his neck. "My apologies; where are my manners? I am Hoenir Koenig, High Defender of this area," he said, outstretching his other hand.

"'Koenig'?" Tiwaz thought in shock.

"...'Koenig'?" Tyr asked, looking at Hoenir in surprise as he shook his hand.

"Yes. I am a descendant of Campion Koenig, one of Tiwaz's two sons. I'm a direct descendant of Tiwaz," he explained. The two released each other's hands from their equally sturdy grips.

Upon doing so, Tyr couldn't help but look back towards the everlasting flames. "The fire doesn't burn the statue," Tyr mused. Hoenir wasn't sure if that was a question or an observation.

"No... 'While fire can represent death and destruction, that's a steriotypical, close-minded understanding of the meaning of flame... for it can also represent life and rebirth,'" Hoenir quoted.

"...That sounds familiar," Tyr murmured, a flickering feeling of nostalgia striking him as he listened.

The EmperorGreymon grinned. "...Tiwaz told his sons that, and they eventually passed it down to their sons until I was told it by my father," he explained.

Tiwaz listened carefully from within Tyr. He remembered that day fondly, telling his sons what exactly that meant. He remembered his family and the life they lived so many ages ago...

Any words that he had for Hoenir or Tyr in that moment disappeared as he took to his memories. Though despite this, Tiwaz felt a small sense of pride for his sons, Campion and Thlayli, that they took his words to heart and passed it onto their offspring after them. He had no doubt that Rizalia raised them well and that they grew up into men that he would have been proud of.

"I see..." Tyr responded to Tiwaz's other descendant, the surprise that someone like him existed beginning to die down. "That's probably why I feel like I've heard it before..."

"What is?" Hoenir asked curiously.

"Well... I'm a Koenig too," Tyr explained. "Tyr Koenig..."

Hoenir stared at him blankly for a few seconds. "You're... a Koenig? Who are you descended from?"

Tyr shifted uncomfortably at the question. "Uhh... I don't really know-- Thlayli Koenig," the VictoryGreymon abruptly said with resolution, much to Hoenir's confusion. Little did the EmperorGreymon know, Tiwaz had told Tyr.

"I, uhh, apparently smell like him," Tyr explained, further relaying Tiwaz's evidence for the claim.

The EmperorGreymon continued staring at him and blinked. "Uhh... well then... It's my pleasure to meet you, Tyr. I guess that means we must be cousins, no?"

"Yeah... I'm glad," Tyr said, smiling a bit.

"So what brings you here, Tyr? Have you come to pay your respects to our ancestor?" Hoenir asked.

"Uhh... sort of," Tyr admitted. "We've been travelling the lands and we decided to stop by here."

"Well, as my cousin, you're free to stay here as long as you want! I have room in my house, if you like," the EmperorGreymon offered amiably. He then looked around, wondering why Tyr pluralized. "You say 'we' though, but I don't see anybody else around..."

"Umm... well..." Tyr stammered, realizing his gaff. "What should I do?"

"We'll show him the truth," Tiwaz explained firmly.

"Okay..." Tyr said, taking a few steps away from the nearby statue and its aura of fire. "You might want to stand back, Hoenir..."

"Of Ancient flame, my heart burneth hard. On blade's fine edge, be oneth your guard. To protect my friends, I go all lengths. Fires of old, I embrace your strengths! Ancient Evolution! AncientGreymon!"

Much to the EmperorGreymon's surprise and confusion, Tyr began digivolving... though it wasn't until the new form revealed itself did Hoenir react. From the shimmering light emerged a familiar, goggle-donned AncientGreymon who posed heroically next to Tiwaz's marble representation.

Hoenir gaped in shock to the point that he was almost in a reverie as he gawked at his thought to be dead, goggle-wearing hero of an ancestor. "I... I... How... That's... You're... But..." he stammered as his eye twitched. "You... T-Tiwaz!" Hoenir finally brought himself to take to his knee and bow deeper before Tiwaz than he had ever bowed before. Tiwaz rolled his eyes.

"Oh, show a backbone, won't you?" Tiwaz scolded, looking down at his descendant. "You're a Koenig, for Perun's sake!"

"Sorry, sir!" Hoenir quickly apologized, hopping to his feet.

"'Tiwaz' is fine, Hoenir..." The living, breathing AncientGreymon then turned to his marble counterpart, adjusting his blue goggle on his helmet with his forearm as he did.

"No, no... the snout is all wrong. And my teeth are waaay sharper than this! Hoenir, does the left cannon look smaller than the right one, to you...?"
    Last edited by Griff4815; 25th November 2010 at 8:14 PM.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013

Michael's eyes followed Vritra's path through the sky and he wondered why he had summoned her. It seemed whatever issues he was having with Bedivere stemmed from the fact that the dragon knight was so wholeheartedly embracing the ridiculous ideas Vritra proposed. While Michael would like nothing more than to confront Mephistopheles and kill him, there was no way to accomplish that now. Vritra, however, seemed intent on barking her idea every several minutes.

"You can always do what she does," Samael suggested. He'd overheard Vritra and guessed Michael's frustration. "You can growl and glower and huff and go on about how you want to kill something because you're so grim and grumpy and dark and two-dimensional." He hoped his joking comments would ease Michael's mood.

"I have known many gods like her, who wanted for nothing but to fight and kill. Some were enemies and some were allies," Michael said, turning to Samael. "But the one thing they all had in common was that they all died hollow and empty deaths, and no one remembers their names."

"Yeowch," Samael muttered. "That's harsh. Wonder if she knows--"

"We must go," Thor said, purposefully interrupting them, their line of conversation was getting nowhere. "You were right about Mephistopheles. We need to reach Seiryu and the others before he does. Hira and I know the way best. Everyone, we fly low and fast. Those of you who cannot fly, either stay close or hitch a ride." Thor spread his wings; he and Hira led the group.

Samael let out a sharp whistle and the Behemoth roared up beside him. He turned to Tia with a smirk. "Hey, pretty lady, you want a ride?" he asked. He turned to Duo, Lucia, and Justin. "How 'bout you guys? I've never done threesies, but we can give it a try. Who wants the handlebars? Duo? It feels like you."

===

The flight to the palace of the Harmonious Compass Gods took roughly an hour for the Peacemakers. The palace doors were thrown wide open, leaving a pit in Michael's stomach as they came upon it. The large group made their way cautiously but quickly through the entranceway and towards the great hall. The sight of eleven unconscious and disabled Rookie Digimon gave them pause.

"These are--?"

"The other Devas," Thor said, interrupting Samael and looking to Hira. "They still live," he assured the winged tiger. "But they must be attended to quickly."

"Lucia. Ivy. Attend to the Devas," Michael said. "Justin, Shoon, Pyra, and Gunier: spread out and see if there's any sign of Mephistopheles. The rest of you, with me: we're going to the great hall. Stay alert."

Michael carefully led the rest of the group down the corridors towards the massive door that led to the throne room of the Compass Gods. A dark aura coated the heavy metal. Michael placed a glowing hand against it and hurled the doors open. A heavy miasma of demonic power forced its way out of the room and drifted past the Peacemakers.

"Don't breathe it in," Michael warned. He raised his hand and forced the miasma away.

As the shroud lifted, the Peacemakers were struck silent by the sight before them. The four Harmonious Compass Gods lay unmoving on the floor; their only signs of life were the shallow rise and fall of their chests. Their eye sockets were hollow and empty: their eyes seared from the heads by Mephistopheles's magic.

"By God," Michael whispered, he closed his eyes and shook his head. "Call Lucia and Ivy here, their wounds are more critical." He turned away in silence as the rest of the Peacemakers went about their tasks. There was no way for them to find Mephistopheles on their own...unless.

Dark magic like the kind used to cripple the four gods was powerful, and it left a terrible scar in the fabric of reality. The scar could be used to find the spellcaster.

"Demon," Michael whispered to the shadows. "I know you're there. Can you track this spell to Mephistopheles?"

=====

The Chess Kingdom...

The armies of the White and Black Chessmon continued in their never-ending war. However, this time a newcomer arrived to the battle. It was a new army: the Red Chessmon army. They stormed onto the battlefield. They cut a swath through the other two armies and within a matter of hours they were victorious. It was a stark change to the back-and-forth of the Chess Kingdom's previous battles. The Red Chessmon army brought with them the concept decisive victory.

At the center of the battlefield, the Red Chess army held captive the royalty of the White and Black Chessmon kingdoms. They were forced to kneel before the Red Chessmon queen.

"The time has come for a new order in the Chess Kingdom," she declared. "One without the pointlessness of the past. Under my rule, the Chess Kingdom will become a true force for power in the Digital World. So what say you? Will you join me willingly?"

"Never!" spat the black QueenChessmon. "We'll never follow you, you bitc--"

She was silenced as the RedQueenChessmon sliced off her head with a quick swing of her axe-headed hammer.

"Any other dissenters?" she asked. None answered. "Good." She turned to her guards. "Take the QueenChessmon to the dungeons." She motioned to the two white QueenChessmon (a mother and daughter) and the remaining black QueenChessmon (the newly-motherless princess of the Black Chessmon).

"And the kings?" one red RookChessmon asked.

"Kill them," the red queen ordered. She turned to the three assembled armies and peoples of the Chess Kingdom. "I am Elizabeth Balthory. I am your new queen."

As the restructuring of the Chess Kingdom began, Elizabeth Balthory made her way to the high plateau from which she launched her invasion. There, a massive burning figure awaited her.

"I thank you for your patronage," she said, bowing to the hulking Marsmon. "War has favored us."

"Mephistopheles has delivered on his deal to you," War said. "He will call upon you to return the favor. Until then, enjoy your reign, Bloody Queen."

Elizabeth bowed and left the plateau.

War opened his palm and produced a sphere of flame. "The red queen has risen in the Chess Kingdom, Mephistopheles," he said to the glowing flames. "Another seal has been broken."

===

Washington, DC. Human World.

"Excellent," Mephistopheles mused as he stared into the flame. He turned back to the human seated humbly before him. "Little Victor Henricksen, oh how you've grown. You're now a warrior, I see. An agent of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. You and I made a deal all those years ago. It's time for you to pay the piper." Mephistopheles sneered and bent to look into the human's eyes. "You're going to find my other children and bring them to me..."

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

Tiwaz paraded through the main street of the town (which, along with the surrounding grass, mountain, and desert area, the citizens renamed "Tiwheim" upon the AncientGreymon's sacrifice.) Flanking or following him were pretty much all of the town's occupance. They cheered, thanked and celebrated the dragon and his return.

While Tiwaz wasn't displeased with all of the attention to his heroics, he didn't exactly bask in their gracious veneration either. He thanked them genuinely with the 'I was only doing my duty', 'That is what heroes do', 'Well, I couldn't just abandon the village to die', and 'No, maam, I will not kiss your baby' sort of thing.

Hoenir led him towards the one tavern they had in the town, which, due to the large amount of Greymon inhabitants, was made big enough to fit even Tiwaz. The AncientGreymon stopped in front of the tavern and looked down at his EmperorGreymon descendant. "Hoenir, I think I will take to my descendant's VictoryGreymon form. It wouldn't be very hero-like of me to drink the tavern's taps dry, now would it?"

"Really, Tiwaz, it would be our pleasure to--" Hoenir begun, but was promptly interrupted by the dragon.

"Enough. I will drank absolutely no more than the High Defender of this area, Hoenir," he declared, casting a slight grin to the said digimon who held that title.

Hoenir nodded, watching as his exalted ancestor shifted into Tyr's VictoryGreymon form. He proceeded to open the door and allow Tiwaz and himself in.

"I do feel off without my goggles though," Tiwaz admitted, fingering his forehead while walking towards the bar and hopping on one of the smaller stools. Hoenir took a seat beside him. Tiwaz looked forward to the Greymon bartender. "I will have what the High Defender here is having," he said, motioning with his head to the EmperorGreymon next to him,

"Err..." Hoenir stalled, suddenly feeling an enomormous pressure of choosing a drink for his hero. "The finest ale we have."

"Tiwaz... Uhh, I don't drink," Tyr said to the dragon.

"Oh, relax," Tiwaz thought, responding to Tyr. "It may be your body, but I'm in control, so I'm the one who will be feeling the effects. Besides, once I become an AncientGreymon again, my body to alcohol intake ratio will increase drastically, which means we won't stay drunk. ...Besides, it will take a lot more than a dozen beers to get Tiwaz Koenig drunk! You can even ask Fenrir about that!"

"Umm... Okay then, I guess..." Tyr responded, still unsure of the idea.

"It's on the house," the Greymon said, bringing over two large mugs filled with ale. "And so are the refills."

Tiwaz smiled and nodded thankfully. He and Tyr were beginning to run out of money since not everyone they met on their travels were so generous as to pay for their essentials. ...And occasionally they would have to pay for various "messes" or "damages" that they made...

"So, Tiwaz... I suppose we should start with the Mammothmon in the room," Hoenir said, first taking a drink from his mug and then looking over at his VictoryGreymon counterpart. "...Sorry if I'm too blunt, but... how are you alive?"

"I would be more offended if you weren't blunt," Tiwaz said, downing half his drink in one swallow. "Well, you said it yourself, Hoenir: 'The burning flames of one's heart can never be extinguished.' ...My power, my essence, lived on through my descendants, even through you, Hoenir... Though Tyr moreso than anybody else. Either through fate, skill, or, as Tyr thinks, dumb luck, he was able to catalyze my power and allow me to rise from the ashes to live again. He insists that he doesn't, but he had the godly spark that was able to make this possible, though the fool he is, he refuses to nurture it."

"So, I'm guessing I would not be able to catalyze your power as well...?" Hoenir asked, looking over at Tiwaz.

"If you're suggesting that you would be able to have an Ancient Evolution where you and I could co-exist, no, that would be impossible, obviously. I'm already in Tyr; there can't be two of me at the same time... However, that's not to say that you cannot tap into my power over flames and harness it as you are," Tiwaz explained, to which Hoenir nodded and took another drink of his ale.

The VictoryGreymon then grew quiet and stared at his mug of alcohol. "...Thlayli and Campion..." he said softly. "...Tell me what you know about them."

"Well, I don't know the full details, Tiwaz... but I do know they both had extremely successful careers in the military and have had feats for which they will both be remembered..." Hoenir explained, ceasing drinking as well.

Tiwaz slowly nodded as he spoke, still staring down into his drink.

"Both Thlayli and Campion lived long and glorious lives... and neither of them died in combat," he explained, growing silent momentarily. He turned to Tiwaz and spoke up again. "...Rizalia, your wife--"

"No," Tiwaz sharply interrupted. He then spoke again, softer, more forlorn. "...No... Please..." he said, tightening his grip on his mug.

He didn't want to hear about her at that moment. Though he refused to show it, it pained him too much to talk about the woman he loved. He had left her suddenly that day in order to save the village that he now sat in to stop the Dexmon. He knew that with his death, he left her alone. While Tiwaz knew that saving the village was the right thing to do, part of him couldn't forgive himself for doing that to Rizalia, knowing full well that he would die even before walking out the door. And now, hundreds of years later, he was alive again and she wasn't.

"I'm... sorry," Hoenir apologized, his gaze softening as he turned back to his beverage.

"Forget about it," Tiwaz said with a dismissive shrug. He took a long drink of his ale, finishing it off. He then placed the empty mug back on the bar, indicating that he wanted a refill, to which the Greymon quickly complied.

After a lingering silence, Hoenir spoke up once again. "...Being the High Defender of Tiwheim, I can't exactly leave here much, but... I heard rumours that the world almost ended six months ago. Something about an Amatsu-Mikaboshi?"

"You heard correctly," Tiwaz said before consuming the froth on the top of his newly poured beverage. "He and his generals slew most of the Royal Knights and decimated most of Avalon and its army. We were part of the Peacemakers. We personally cut down one of the Chaos Generals and we all managed to destroy them and restore peace." Tiwaz ignored Tyr's grimacing at the reminder of when he killed Typhon.

"Thank you again, then..." Hoenir said, raising the mug in his hand in a toasting fashion. "What have you and Tyr been doing since then?"

"Travelling the lands... Tyr needed to do some soul-searching. We have been acting as sort of knights-errant, you could say," Tiwaz explained with a grin. "Going from place to place, keeping the peace, helping others, bringing the evil to justice..."

"That's admirable..." Hoenir said with awe.

"No more admirable than what you do, Hoenir," Tiwaz insisted, moving on to his third drink.

"...My father lives in your house, if you're worried about what became of it."

"...Did he?" Tiwaz said, pausing as he was bringing his mug towards his, or rather, Tyr's, snout. "...If I don't see him, be sure to thank him for me."

Hoenir nodded and finished off his second drink. "Will you both take me up on my offer of staying here for a bit?"

"Yes... but not for long. Heroes know not to take advantage of others' hospitality, and we are knights-errant after all," Tiwaz answered.

"Well..." Hoenir said, raising his glass. "To you."

Tiwaz rolled his eyes. "No... to Tiwheim," he said, raising his own glass in a toast. They then tipped their heads back and downed their drinks in one go.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Justin, Shoon, Pyra, and Guinier: spread out and see if there's any sign of Mephistopheles.
    Pyra cast a final glance at the beaten Devas before turning and flying outside alongside Shoon, Guinier and Justin. She didn't like this one bit. The Paildramon flew close to the ground before flying higher up to survey the area.

"Nothing," she growled, scanning both the ground and air for the demon they sought. Pyra flew further out before curving to the side. "He's probably long gone by now... Damn."

Pyra then turned again, flying out farther in search of Mephistopheles. "I hope the Sovereigns are okay..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the shroud lifted, the Peacemakers were struck silent by the sight before them. The four Harmonious Compass Gods lay unmoving on the floor; their only signs of life were the shallow rise and fall of their chests. Their eye sockets were hollow and empty: their eyes seared from the heads by Mephistopheles's magic.

"By God," Michael whispered, he closed his eyes and shook his head. "Call Lucia and Ivy here, their wounds are more critical." He turned away in silence as the rest of the Peacemakers went about their tasks.
    Barachiel's eyes widened slightly, his true inner horror at what Mephistopheles had done barely getting through his calm exterior. "Mephistopheles... Damn you to the infernal pit you crawled out of..." he whispered, feeling his grip of the Royal Meisters tighten.

"Cripes..." Gunnar said in shock, looking in revulsion and loathing at what Mephistopheles did to the four Sovereigns. "That demon prick!" he snapped, pounding his gauntleted fist against the pillar next to him.

"Hey, it wasn't the column's fault," Kheprius jested, watching Gunnar retract his hand. He then turned to Samael and gestured to the four Sovereigns. "Hey, Sam, come on! Have a heart. You've got two more eyes than you need; why not give them some?"

"Kheprius, silence," Barachiel growled, unable to believe that he would not only joke at this time, but also joke at the blinded Sovereigns' expense. "Or perhaps I will use your eye for that purpose as well."

"Hey, hey. Easy there, Terrak," Kheprius responded, in his 'I'm about to antagonize you' voice. "Don't get so worked up in front of Michael. He might end up smiting you for the sin of Wrath. That would jeopardize your career in the Holy Host, wouldn't it?"

Barachiel's clenched fists tightened further. "I wasn't..." he started, but trailed off in an exasperated sigh. His grip loosened and he calmly turned away from his brother. "Gunnar, you and I should secure the palace," he suggested, to which Gunnar agreed. "And, Kheprius, my name is 'Barachiel'. I hope that you remember that..."

With that, the TigerVespamon and ShineGreymon flew down the nearest corridor.
    Last edited by Griff4815; 11th February 2012 at 10:49 PM.

Shoon heaved, his hands tired after waving for so long trying to catch Pyra’s attention. She might have been ignoring him, but then again, she might have not seen him. So he kept on waving just until Pyra landed.

“You…*pant*…fly so…*pant* …fast,” he panted, leaning against the wall to regain his breath. When he did, he rushed at Pyra.

“Hi, Pyra!” he said, smiling widely. “I haven’t seen you for so long! How’re are you? Have you seen Master? Did he send you letters?” he asked, jumping around her.

He then stopped. “Well, duh, of course he sent you letters! He sent Galic some, so he must’ve sent you some too, right?” he asked, smiling ignorantly.

---------------------------------------------------------

Aeria froze at the sight of the four gods with mutilated eyes. She could feel bile begin to rise up her throat and the beginnings of a frenzy composed of nerves and fear run through her body. She almost threw up then and there were it not for what she thought the others might think of her if she did so. Really, it wasn’t that she hadn’t seen such disfiguring like it before; it was the combination of the aftershock from her last battle, the strange sick feeling that the environment gave, and the scene that was beginning to break her in.

"Gunnar, you and I should secure the palace," he suggested, to which Gunnar agreed.
    Without thinking, she said, “I’ll go with you.” She needed to get out of that room before her will not to show everyone what she had for breakfast broke. She quickly followed them.

---------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Kamotz View Post
    "Demon," Michael whispered to the shadows. "I know you're there. Can you track this spell to Mephistopheles?"
    “I’m insulted,” a voice said from behind the shadows of a nearby marble pillar. “At the strength of the magic left, even someone inexperienced like that frogman, who can’t decide if he wants to be an angel or a demon, that tags along with you - Cha, was it?” the voice added in a slightly appalled tone.

From the shadows, a dark hand protruded through. As the hand continued to press outwards, it started to gain proper color and allowed the rest of the body it was attached to ‘exit’ out from the darkness. The darkness finally melted all the way out, revealing the Astamon with a raised head and a…polite half-smile.

The Astamon then looked at Michael. “So nice to see you again, Saint Michael Ha'Yisrael. How thoughtful of you to know that I’m always around for your beck and call,” he greeted, bowing. If he were mocking the saint, then his voice betrayed none of it. “And hello to you too, Cain,” he told Samael as he stood back up straight, resting his firearm on his shoulder.

He noticed that a few of the other Peacemakers had stayed as well, though he didn’t pay them any attention yet. To those that did see him, he gave them a wide grin, not looking quite like a demon that people feared.

Turning back to Michael, he folded one arm and rested the elbow of the other on it, letting his chin rest on his fist. “Back to your request…well, let’s see now,” he started, eyes suddenly turning jet black for a few seconds.

“Obviously, an extremely high-tier spell was used here. Maybe even more than one,” he said, grinning. “Can’t you feel it, oh great saint? This place is practically flooded with the residue of great demon magic,” he said, spreading his arms out wide and taking a deep breath, as if breathing in fresh air. “And those four on the ground are smothered in it! You should probably watch yourselves around them, ladies,” he told Lucia and Ivy. “You wouldn’t want to get…infected,” he said with a grin.

He turned to Samael and Sha. “You two should be able to feel it as well, though that thing around your neck may be interfering with your ability to sense it,” he said, gazing upon the beads around the Shawjamon’s throat.

His eyes turned back to their normal color, and he turned back to Michael. “A little known fact about magic: the stronger the spell, the harder it is to contain excess magical power that tends to escape, so it leaves behind traces. Those familiar with magic might be able to use it to track down whoever did the spell that was cast upon the land. The more recent the spell was cast, the easier it is to track the caster,” he told him. He grinned. “You were right in calling me,” he added, though then his face took another expression.

“Of course,” he then said. “That doesn’t mean it’s impossible to contain or even spread magical traces deliberately. If this friend of yours sly, and it looks like he’s proving to be, then he might have left a number of false trails to send you all in a goose chase…not that I don’t mind; it’s bound to lead you to some interesting places,” he said, turning his back to the angel. “And there’s no guarantee that those trails will even bring you to him.”

He turned to Michael, folding his arms. “Do you still want my assistance, angel?” He gave a wild smile. “Just name your price, and I’ll show you the trail that has the strongest concentration of magic. I cannot change what I am, after all,” he said, and then he turned to the rest of the Peacemakers that did not know what he meant.

“Ah, and before I get, I should introduce myself. Cresil Vaynard deis Los-Norgaine,” he said, looking quite the polite man as he bowed. “Demon man extraordinaire straight from the entrance of Hell,” he added, grinning as he walked backwards.
    There are stories made from the imagination. There are stories born from experience.
    There are stories told because of a need to be filled. There are stories that simply need to be told.
    This is one of them.

“Maybe there really is a method to his madness…or maybe he’s just plain insane."

After an unsuccessful reconaissance flight on Pyra's part, she reluctantly turned around and headed back towards the palace. She closed her eyes and sighed, having no delusions that Mephistopheles was long gone.

The Paildramon set foot in the ground near the palace entrance. Upon hearing rapid, soft footsteps in close succession, Pyra turned in their direction to see Shoon running towards her.

“Hi, Pyra!” he said, smiling widely.
    "Hi... Shoon..." she begun apprehensively, remembering the Mamemon X well as well as her journey back to Avalon with him. Her long, tedious journey...

Before she could get another word out, the young sphere with limbs began shooting out questions.

“I haven’t seen you for so long! How’re are you? Have you seen Master? Did he send you letters?” he asked, jumping around her.
    "I'm... good enough, Shoon," Pyra replied, having to think about it first. "Mast-- You mean Azur? No, I haven't seen him since we left him five months ago."

He then stopped. “Well, duh, of course he sent you letters! He sent Galic some, so he must’ve sent you some too, right?” he asked, smiling ignorantly.
    Pyra stared at him and arched her eyebrow. "...Actually, no. I didn't recieve any letters from Azur... I didn't even think he was the letter-writing type," she replied, suddenly wondering why he was writing to Galic.

"Really? But he must have! He sent Galic approximately eight letters; he must have sent you on- oh, oh, oh! Maybe he doesn't know where you live! Or maybe he's waiting for the right time! Or, maybe, maybe, maybe he found someon- errr." Shoon promptly shut up upon Pyra beginning to narrow her eyes into a glare.

"...Anyways, I saw no sign of Mephistopheles. And I'm willing to bet that Guinier and Justin didn't have any better luck. Let's reconvene with them."

Barachiel led Gunnar and Aeria down a torch-lit corridor with his beam swords at the ready for anything that might jump out at them. He focused his senses and looked around for anything out of the ordinary.

The ShineGreymon in the group slowed down to fly beside his female WarGreymon counterpart. "Yo, Aeria, you okay? You look kinda pale. If you want, I could get Waspy up there to slow down," he offered, grinning and gesturing towards Barachiel.

The TigerVespamon glanced over his shoulder, giving Gunnar a look. "Please, quiet... In the chance that Mephistopheles or anyone else is still around, they will surely hear us like this."

"Sure thing, Bug-a-boo!" Gunnar whispered, smirking and giving him an affirmative thumbs up. Barachiel bristled at the name but continued flying silently.

The light dragon turned back to Aeria and whispered. "So, 'Ria... What's your story? D'you have a boyfriend? I'm friends with Tyr and Tiwaz Koenig of the Peacemakers, you know."

Kheprius watched in mild surprise as Cresil revealed himself. He noticed that there were a few around who didn't seem surprised at his presence. "...Oh great, another demon who can't dress to save their life. Zero was too many..."

The black insect then turned and looked to Bedivere. "So what's the plan, Boss?" He then turned to Michael. "Or, wait, I forget... Is it Mikey I should be asking? Sorry, Boss," he said, grinning in amusement at the apparent power struggle. "I guess I can't really tell who's in charge; you're both doing such a fantastic job at it..."

Samael let out a sharp whistle and the Behemoth roared up beside him. He turned to Tia with a smirk. "Hey, pretty lady, you want a ride?" he asked. He turned to Duo, Lucia, and Justin. "How 'bout you guys? I've never done threesies, but we can give it a try. Who wants the handlebars? Duo? It feels like you."
    Duo waved his hand. "I appreciate the offer, but I can handle myself." He paused for a moment before assuming his BlackWarGreymon form with a burst of black light. He took a few deep breaths, the transformation was still a bit draining after all, but in this form he was able to take to the skies.

He offered his hand to Lucia. "My lady."

Lucia took his hand with a smile. "Of course."

"You want me to carry you as well Justin? You should b light enough."

The SuperStarmon smirked. "And let you carry me? Never, I'd rather walk the whole way."

"Suit yourself." Duo said before taking to the skies, Lucia in his arms.

Justin sat for a moment before turning to Samael, an embarrassed look on his face as he scratched the back of his head with one of his gloved hands. "So, about that ride..."

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Lucia. Ivy. Attend to the Devas," Michael said. "Justin, Shoon, Pyra, and Gunier: spread out and see if there's any sign of Mephistopheles. The rest of you, with me: we're going to the great hall. Stay alert."
    Lucia nodded and went about checking the Devas. Their wounds didn't seem severe, at least not on the surface, but it was obvious that whatever had hit them had left its mark. If only she was able to access her QueenChessmon form again, her Queen Stamp might be able to help them recover...

Justin meanwhile was spreading out with the other three as Duo followed the rest of the Peacemakers into the grand hall. The SuperStarmon eye was twitching behind his shades, but he still attempted to maintain a composed look. Though why he had to wait out here, he had no idea...

The others split up, except for Shoon who just seemed to hang around, so Justin figured he may as well look like he was looking around and headed off to search the room. Though he made an apparent effort, he found no sign of anything that would have indicated the demon's presence.

As the others returned, Justin leaned back against a pillar.

"...Anyways, I saw no sign of Mephistopheles. And I'm willing to bet that Guinier and Justin didn't have any better luck. Let's reconvene with them."
    "No sign of the big M, aside from those Devas over there that is." Justin said. "Why can't he just come out and fight us like a man instead of all this running around like a sissy."

-------------------------------------------------

"By God," Michael whispered, he closed his eyes and shook his head. "Call Lucia and Ivy here, their wounds are more critical."
    Lucia made her way into the grand hall and nearly dropped her sword at the sight that lay before her. The four Harmonious Compass Gods lay broken and weak, their eye sockets hollow and empty and scorched.

"What in the..." She shook her head, now was not the time worry. They needed help.

She made her way to the closest one, Seiryu, and began to treat his wounds as best she could. But with her limited medical supplies though, things were going to be tough. She didn't even know how to begin treating this, but she could at least lessen their pain...

“Obviously, an extremely high-tier spell was used here. Maybe even more than one,” he said, grinning. “Can’t you feel it, oh great saint? This place is practically flooded with the residue of great demon magic,” he said, spreading his arms out wide and taking a deep breath, as if breathing in fresh air. “And those four on the ground are smothered in it! You should probably watch yourselves around them, ladies,” he told Lucia and Ivy. “You wouldn’t want to get…infected,” he said with a grin.
    Lucia flinched for a moment, and drew back her hand. However, she wasn't going to let the words of a demon she barely knew stop her from helping. So, she returned to her work, being a little more careful than usual not to touch her patients.
    Last edited by TheSequelReturns; 28th September 2010 at 11:45 PM.
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
    Watch your step! Sig Under Construction!

Guinier glided around the perimeter in flickers of blue, taking in every detail of the architecture and scanning for enemies. The place was silent, a deathly, oppressive silence. Mephistopheles was gone. Nothing remained but the Devas and the Compass Gods.

"We're alone," she said as she flashed from the air to land beside Bedivere and Michael. "Mephistopheles and any of his allies are long gone."

"Damn." The word came from Bedivere, a single, quiet curse at fate.

"We'll find him." Now Caradoc spoke, moving forwards from his position at the rear of the group.

Before more conversation could be had, Cresil appeared, and the three reacted. Guinier drew back, due to her position she was closer to the Astamon than the others, Bedivere drew his Fragarach, and Caradoc instantly copied the motion as he drew the Feral Sword from its sheath. In a flash, he had ripped forwards and placed the sword to the demon's neck.

Or he would have, if Cresil hadn't been moving and making his speech by that point. The Valkyrimon snarled, turning and drawing his crossbow, aiming a bolt right at Cresil's skull.

"What in the name of the Council is that abomination doing here?" he snapped off at Michael, who had after all summoned the Astamon, seemingly.

"I think we deserve an explanation," Bedivere added, and his voice was low as he laid the Fragarach against his leg, removing it from immediate attention, but keeping it ready should Cresil strike, and already he weighed up angles and pathways, determining the best way to kill the Astamon, though the demon's light-hearted demeanor threw him. This wasn't like the other demons he'd fought, while not exactly feral, they had been cold, cruel creatures, well-versed in words of spite and discord. By comparison the Astamon spoke like an angel... though that may not have been the best term.

Vritra, of course, reacted worst. She exploded forwards as Cresil reached the last part of his speech, his introduction. In a flash of fire, she had him by the neck, and crushed him up against a pillar, while with her other hand she drew one Asura Blade, drawing it back to deal a rapid and fatal blow to the Astamon's neck. Her claws crushed his windpipe, and her burning eyes glared intense, merciless wrath into Cresil's as a low snarl escaped her throat.

"Vritra!" Guinier snapped out, but the BurningGreymon either didn't acknowledge the word or ignored it entirely as she prepared to stab forwards with her blade...

The ShineGreymon in the group slowed down to fly beside his female WarGreymon counterpart. "Yo, Aeria, you okay? You look kinda pale. If you want, I could get Waspy up there to slow down," he offered, grinning and gesturing towards Barachiel.
    Aeria flustered, blushing lightly under her helmet, although still feeling a bit sick with the images still clear in her mind. Despite feeling that way, the last she wanted to do was bring them down. “It’s okay,” she said in a low tone, speeding herself up.

She blushed harder when Barachiel called to keep themselves quiet. Well, that wouldn’t be hard for her.

The light dragon turned back to Aeria and whispered. "So, 'Ria... What's your story? D'you have a boyfriend? I'm friends with Tyr and Tiwaz Koenig of the Peacemakers, you know."
    Aeria had to think for a few moments, trying to place who Tyr and Tiwaz were. And then she felt pain stab at her heart. She didn’t really know most of them, but...he was always going on and on about them, saying that they were also of the Greymon kind and that they brought glory and honor to all Greymon’s everywhere. She didn’t know much more other than that since she was never as interested in them.

“It’s…a long story. You…wouldn’t want to hear it,” she decided to say lowly, regarding his first question with a hesitant look away. As for his second question…well, all she could do was bite her lip.

-------------------------------------------------------

Vritra, of course, reacted worst. She exploded forwards as Cresil reached the last part of his speech, his introduction. In a flash of fire, she had him by the neck, and crushed him up against a pillar, while with her other hand she drew one Asura Blade, drawing it back to deal a rapid and fatal blow to the Astamon's neck. Her claws crushed his windpipe, and her burning eyes glared intense, merciless wrath into Cresil's as a low snarl escaped her throat.
    Despite the tight gripping on his neck, Cresil gave a wide grin, followed by a chuckle.

“Well, well, well, what a familiar sight this is,” the Astamon said with a smile, glancing meaningfully to Michael. His voice was clear, not showing any signs of his throat being crushed. “I apologize for the trickery, but let’s say that I wasn’t quite so keen to repeating this experience,” he said as his form suddenly turned dark, turning into darkness that liquefied under Vritra’s grasp, drooping onto the ground in a puddle of black goop.

“Demon magic. A shadow puppet. Completely useless in a battle, little physical strength and melts after impact, not to mention it takes quite a bit of energy and has a rather short lifespan, but great for party tricks and angry dragons. So convenient, don’t you think?” his loud voice suddenly resounded through the room, the specific position being hidden by the echoing of his voice.

"Unfortunately, it would take too much wasted time and energy to create another puppet to speak to face to face with, so I suggest that you call off the berserker before we make any deals, saint. Of course, you could always just restrain and force me to do your wills with your own holy magic, but that wouldn’t be very angelic or saintly,” he told Michael, his voice bouncing from place to place.

And then his voice came from behind Kheprius. “And mind you,” the voice called before spinning around him, before Cresil appeared, walking from the shadows. “My attire is quite tasteful, though I guess someone named after ladies pants wouldn’t know that, eh, mister Capris?”

Passing the GrandisKuwagamon with another glance, he then faced Michael. "I do hope that we won't get another repeat of the moment ago, or your only ticket to viably track the opponent you want to find so much might just get burned into ashes," he said, glancing at Vritra's volatile form.
    Last edited by Tundra_Wolfmane; 1st October 2010 at 12:17 PM.
    This is one of them.

Hira was speechless, the horrors before him were just too much. The image of the Sovereigns' eyes was burned into his mind and it was horrifying, the image appearing every time he closed his eyes. And his fellow Devas, they were also hurt, and there was nothing he could do about it.

"ARGHHH!" roared the tiger, taking off into the air.

He needed to be be alone, and most of all, he needed to be away from the Sovereign. Hira flew through the air, tears starting to well up in his eyes.

"I swear," the Mihiramon started to mutter, "I swear that once I am throught with you Mephistopheles, you will be lucky to be sent back to that hell hole that you came from."

=============

Kole and Tia watched Hira fly out.

"Do you think that he is going to be okay?" asked Tia, holding her tails in shock over what happened.

"Yeah, he just needs some time to himself," replied Kole, now able to float on his own.

"Okay," said Tia, "How was Mephistopheles able to do this to the Compass Gods? I mean, how powerful is he?"

"I don't know," said the Phantomon, "But I can only hope that he isn't as powerful as some of the digimon that I have versed."

The pair of digimon each took deep breath and looked at the Compass Gods, and they both knew that it was going to be a long battle.

=============
    Deep Within Kole's Mind

"This Mephistopheles sounds like he could be quite useful," said Apocalymon. "Maybe he can get me out of this god forsaken body."

“And mind you,” Cresil said. “My attire is quite tasteful, though I guess someone named after ladies pants wouldn’t know that, eh, mister Capris?”
    Kheprius blinked. "...'Capris'? That's the best you can come up with? Have you been takin' insult lessons from Samael or something? Maybe next time you can point out that I have one eye," he said, rolling the eye in question. "And yeah, quite tasteful. That animal scalp headdress does wonders for the costume shop you're promoting... Pfft, demons..."

"No sign of the big M, aside from those Devas over there that is." Justin said. "Why can't he just come out and fight us like a man instead of all this running around like a sissy."
    Pyra walked up beside him and sighed. "Because his objective isn't to fight us," she said grimly. "It's to break the sixty-six seals. Fighting us is probably secondary; to him we're just a nuisance to be stalled."

Pyra then followed Guinier inside to report their findings or lack thereof. However, as she did, Hira raced by them, very distraught from her observations. "Hira, are you okay?" she asked him. Upon turning back around, however, she was horrified to see the four Sovereigns laying on the ground in the chamber ahead of them, their eyes gone.

The Paildramon raced inside. "What happened here?!" she demanded, angrily clenching her fists

"What do you think?" Kheprius answered. "Mephistopheles got here first..."

Pyra sneered but then she identified Cresil. "Who is that?"

"Some demon Michael hired, as if Sammy wasn't enough. Don't pay him any mind though; he's a loser."

"...I see," Pyra answered, more concerned with other things at the moment than some demon. Like the fact that the four Sovereigns she worshipped were lying on the ground, horribly maimed. "Will they live? Is there anything they can tell us?"

"And what's our next move?"

“It’s…a long story. You…wouldn’t want to hear it,” she decided to say lowly, regarding his first question with a hesitant look away. As for his second question…well, all she could do was bite her lip.
    "Sure I would!" Gunnar replied, flying slightly closer to the WarGreymon. "But if you don't want to tell me, that's cool. We can just fly beside each other."

"Gunnar," Barachiel reminded, but then he stopped flying. "Nevermind. The air is clean and without the stench of demons. It's safe to assume they didn't leave the throne room. We may talk regularly."

The humanoid insect motioned with his head and began to fly down the corridor the way they came. "Let's return to the others."

"Gotcha," Gunnar agreed, flying up beside him. "So, Barachy, what do ya make of Michael? I know he kinda went all renegade on the Holy Host, so what's your take on it?"

"I trust his judgement... He is a Saint and a well respected general. I admit, I am slightly concerned by some of his more extreme methods, but I trust that the Hand of God would only use them if the circumstances were dire enough to justify them."

"These 'extreme methods'... d'they include incorporating a demon into our ranks?" Gunnar asked bitterly.

"They include incorporating two," Barachiel responded.

"...Seriously?" Gunnar asked, staring at him indignantly.

The TigerVespamon nodded and readjusted the necklace on his neck. "I assume they will both serve a purpose, however..."

"Like driving a poisoned dagger in our backs as soon as we get comfortable? I heard about what Samael did," Gunnar spat, scowling.

"He apparently did that as a double agent, Saint Ha'Yisrael assured me."

"Well of course Samael's going to say that! And between us three, I don't think Michael is all that objective on the matter," the ShineGreymon said.

"Forget it, Gunnar... We need to be uniting as a team, not doubting each other," Barachiel told him.

Gunnar rolled his eyes. "Says the guy who threatened to poke Khep's eye out..."

"...I just needed some time to cool off. I assure you that my feelings towards Kheprius will not affect our mission or my ability to work with every member of the team," the golden insect reassured as they neared the end of the corridor leading into the throne room. "Can you say the same, Gun--"

"Pitspawn!" Gunnar shouted angrily, pointing at the unfamiliar Astamon with his left hand and summoning his GeoGrey Sword with his right.

"Gunnar, no!" Barachiel said, flying in front of the ShineGreymon and placing his hand on Gunnar's sword-wielding arm. "He's the demon who agreed to work with us."

The light dragon let out a growl as he huffily vanquished his sword in a burst of brilliant light. "Let's just get out of here. The sooner we kill Memphis-waffle-knees the better..."

Michael looked over the Peacemakers and growled in frustration, though he couldn't say he blamed them for their reactions to Cresil's appearance; nor could he judge them: he had reacted in much the same manner. Even so, he hoped they would have enough faith in him to trust his decision on the matter. The fact that he, an archangel: the Hand of God, was willing to let a demon among them and even seek this demon's advice should have been enough to convince them to hold their weapons and their tongues. Then again, perhaps it was he who had too much faith in them: an infant god of fire could certainly not be asked to hold back her infantile anger and emotion; nor could she be trusted to.

Bedivere, too, was lacking. He had been a useful and capable leader when they fought the Royal Knights. Those were enemies he could understand; they were warriors, tacticians, and despite all their flawed intentions they were honorable beings. Bedivere could not, however, comprehend demons and the forces that drove them onward. He was naïve and becoming too entrenched in his own legend.

Michael had no illusions as to his own shortcomings. He knew his temper was shorter, he knew his zealous nature was beginning to reemerge. But he had no desire to fight it; this was how he was when he first fought against the Demon Lords. It was his divine will and righteous fury that allowed him to overcome Satan and Lucifer. Anything less than that now would only lead the Peacemakers to defeat.

"Cresil is Galic's pet," Michael explained, glancing to Bedivere from the corner of his eye before turning to Thor and Samael. "And certain parties have convinced me to accept his presence among us under the condition that he assists us." He turned his eyes towards the moving shadows in the corners of the room. "Do not presume to understand or know the nature of angels and Saints, Cresil. Remember, the only thing that stands between you and my divine wrath is your continued usefulness to us. I suggest you work on finding ways to do that."

Monsters."

"Cresil is Galic's pet. And certain parties have convinced me to accept his presence among us under the condition that he assists us."

Said 'pet' had to raise an eyebrow in amusement. The Astamon had been called many things, but a pet was definitely a first. He let out a grin, unfazed and unaffected by the title. The expression on his face didn't fade even when Michael turned his attentions to him.

"Do not presume to understand or know the nature of angels and Saints, Cresil. Remember, the only thing that stands between you and my divine wrath is your continued usefulness to us. I suggest you work on finding ways to do that," the saint said, his words full of promise. Or was that a threat? Well, either case seemed to work.

"Translation," Cresil stated as he stood in front of Michael. "As soon as you no longer find my uses necessary, you're going to dispose of me like the filthy demon that I am, correct?" he said more than asked, certain in his assumption. He glanced at Samael and then at Sha before turning back to Michael. "Because all demons are evil, conniving and devilish creatures that only act for their own benefit. No need to know more than that, right? Because you say that's their nature, don't you? Because you yourself know about us demons so well, right?" he asked him.

The grin evolved into a satisfied smile as he turned his back to the angel. "Of course, not that it matters, because you're going to try to- no, you will kill me when this is over anyway. Your brother would be proud, saint Michael. If I worked for him, he would do exactly the same thing as soon as I outlived my usefulness," he mused, raising his arms, dark magics beginning to cackle around his fingers.

"Watch, Piedmon!" he called out, his eyes turning blacker than black, darkness like a void that sucked anyone who stared into them. “You might be able to do this one day!”

“Consider this a contract-free spell, Saint Michael Ha’Yisrael, to commemorate our partnership,” he said as the magic swirled around him, as well as magic that surrounded the Sovereigns started to come towards him. “We shall see if your friend is anywhere nearby.”

His voice started resounding, chanting unintelligible words mixed with guttural growls and cackles. Various symbols started to surround him like a circular wall, stained scarlet red, shocking violet and jet black. His voice grew loud as the magic started sending up wind and dust all around. And then his voice reached its peak, and the signs and sigils around him spread outwards, passing through the Peacemakers and the walls to whatever place they went.

The tension in the room had become slightly less tense, as if a mist had suddenly been lifted.

Cresil breathed hard, his eyes turning back to their normal color. Unlike before the spell, his body looked tired and wracked with exhaustion. “Unfortunately for you, angel,” he said, not turning to face Michael. “Whoever cast this spell is long gone, not within hundreds upon hundreds of miles away. He may not even be in the same physical plane,” he told him.

Though tired, he started pacing, his hands and shoulders in a shrugging position. “Even after using the excess magic in this room along with my own, the spell couldn’t find the caster. No magic user had the same magical essence occupying their body as the one in here. And trust me, considering how much magic there was in this room, it reached far,” he explained, walking towards the shadows.

He stopped, just an inch away from a shadowed wall. “One last thing. It should be obvious by now that I don’t even contain a fraction of magical power and expertise as this Mephisto of yours. The only reason I could cast that spell was because I used the thick magic he left behind, and absorbing that into my own body was exhausting enough,” he said, looking over his shoulder. “Alone, my magic will barely support you. Magic formed upon deals, even minor ones, are significantly stronger.” He grinned. “There’s a reason why we demons make contracts, after all. Please keep that in mind.”

With that, he stepped into the shadows, melting and seamlessly integrating himself into it like a drop of water into the ocean.

“If you need my assistance once more, then just call my name, angel,” his voice said, resounding through the room. “I’ll be watching.”

A few seconds later, Shoon came into the room, having found nothing after having decided that he should make one more look through the area just to make sure they didn’t overlook anything. He looked around, a defeated expression on his face.

“There’s absolutely nothing out there,” he said, folding his arms. He then blinked, wondering why everyone looked so grim. “…did I just miss something big and important?” he asked.
    This is one of them.

“There’s absolutely nothing out there,” Shoon said, folding his arms. “…did I just miss something big and important?” he asked as he walked in.

"No, no..." Kheprius said sarcastically, while taking into the air and glancing over at the small digimon. "Just four Sovereigns being blinded and a demon nearly being gutted by an angry, fiery dragon chick."

He started flying towards Shoon a bit. "But other than that, not very- DAAH!" He was cut off as a sharp sensation swept through him.

Kheprius abruptly dropped out of the air and fell, unrestrained, onto the marble floor.

Pyra looked over in confusion. "Kheprius? What happened?"

Barachiel turned towards him as well. "Khepri--" The TigerVespamon stopped mid-word and dropped his Royal Meister swords from his hands. Barachiel then dropped to his knees, grimacing in intense pain.

"What... the hell... is... happening... to me?!" Kheprius snarled, his hands holding his head and his body convulsing violently on the ground. "My... head... burning..."

Kheprius dragged himself across the floor, over towards a pillar, and dug his Gran Killers into the side of the column, trying to hoist himself up. However, upon getting halfway to a stand, Kheprius let out a bloodcurdling howl of pain and collapsed to the floor.

"What's... going on?!" Barachiel shouted through his grimace. "This headache... it's... blinding..." The TigerVespamon then collapsed forwards on his stomach and his whole body tensed up. He grabbed his head with one hand and clawed at the floor with the other.

Kheprius writhed and convulsed on the floor, his body wrought with intense pain, like nothing he had ever felt before. "What's going one with me?! Make it stop! Get it out of my head!" he howled. "GET IT OUT!"

"What's going on with them?!" Pyra demanded, looking around at Gigas, Kheprius and Barachiel.

"It's... too much... Arrgh! Burning... Can't... C-Can't... move... see... It's... coming..." Barachiel gasped, his body shaking violently as the pain made his brain feel like it was slowly splitting apart. "It's coming fast..."

"Who the hell are you?! What are you doing to me?!" Kheprius roared, his voice echoing through the chamber. he scrambled to his feet in a blind daze and thrashed his arms wildly in front of him, hoping that he would hit the one that caused him this great pain. "GET OUT OF MY HEAD!"

He staggered towards the nearby pillar and slammed his head against it. "Make. It. Stop!" Kheprius then collapsed to his knees, digging his Gran Killer into the pillar and dragging it down through it.

In near unison, the suffering Barachiel and Kheprius cried out in harrowing, dreadful noises that sounded utterly unnatural given their regular voices. Chills crept down Pyra and Gunnar's spines as a result.

Gunnar swung around to face Michael. "It was that demon!" he snarled dangerously. "He did something to them!"

"No..." Pyra whispered, staring at the writhing, agony-ridden bug digimon in a daunted shock. She felt a slight pain in her head as well, but thought nothing of it. "This is something else... It's only affecting insect digimon..."

"They're freaking me out... Moreso than usual," Gunnar said over the groans and howls, taking a step back as he did. "What the heck is going on? What's happening to them?!"

Pyra glanced at Kheprius before turning her gaze to Barachiel and Gigas. "I don't know... What do we do?"
    Last edited by Griff4815; 8th October 2010 at 1:07 AM.

"RAAAAAAAAAGH!" Gigas roared, his body crumpling to the ground. Clutching his head in his hands, he cried, "Agh! What...what's happening?!"

Nocchi, Ivy, and Sha were beside the massive bug in an instant. Nocchi, dashing to his friend's side, exclaimed, "Gig! What's the matter?! Why're you freakin' out on me?!"

Ivy dropped to her knees next to Gigas' enormous head, a look of concern apparent on her face. Sha, with a single, graceful bound, was next to her a moment later. "Looks like he got struck by his own lightning," the Shawjamon commented. Glancing back at Kheprius and Barachiel, he added, "And he took Khep an' the angel-bug with him."

Suddenly, Gigas leaped to his feet, still clutching his throbbing head, and slammed his huge body into a pillar. Writhing in pain, the HerculesKabuterimon swung his arm and nearly destroyed the already-weakened pillar. With a cry of anguish, he sank back to the ground, in terrible, splitting pain.

Ivy and Sha were by his side momentarily. "Gigas! Gigas! You okay? C'mon, Gig!" Nocchi shouted as he ran after them, panicking. "Is he gonna be okay? Tell me he's gonna be okay!"

Ivy fell to her knees beside her husband again, taking one of his hands in both of hers. She tried in vain to calm the writhing insect, but to no avail. Something terrible was happening to the insects in their group.

"What's bugging them?" Sha inquired, cracking a smile.

Several pairs of disapproving eyes glared at the Shawjamon. Sha raised his hands apologetically. "Sorry, bad time to make a joke."

(Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

Chapter Three: The Seashore House
    "Do you guys have any milk?"
    "No, but we have soda pop."
    "How about some fresh water?"
    "Fresh out. Would you like a soda pop?"

"Something's coming," Michael said, glancing to the three insect Digimon. "Something that affects only these three, only the insects. Perhaps it's a frequency of some type, something only they can hear."

"Uh, it ain't just our three resident creepers," Samael said from his place beside the window. He looked out into the skies above. "Looks like every creepy-crawly within ten-thousand miles just got the message to bug out and start swarming."

Indeed, the skies above were filled with thousands upon thousands of insect Digimon of all shapes, levels, and sizes. They moved in perfect order, swarming together in unison to create snaking clouds of shining carapaces and pincers and horns. Then, as if suddenly directed by a single voice, they dove towards the ground and began to lay waste. They tore apart trees and buildings, ripped up the earth, and destroyed everything in their path.

"What are they doing?" Michael wondered. "Why?"

"Someone must be pullin' their strings," Samael said, crossing his arms. "I, for one, suspect Nocchi, if only because I used the strings metaphor. It fits if you think about it. Now we just gotta find out where he's hiding the other million fingers he's using to puppet them." He turned to the puppet. "Give up, Pinocchio, and let Jiminy Cricket go."

"Samael, would you be serious," Michael scolded.

"Well I've got no strings to hold me down," Samael smirked.

"Samael!"

"Alright fine," Samael rolled his eyes. "I thought it was a good joke." A fresh round of groans rose from their insect companions. "Oh, keep it down guys. You're making a scene."

"Joking aside, Samael is right," Thor said thoughtfully as he stroked his chin. "Someone is controlling the insect Digimon: making them act all out of sorts, making them destroy everything, spreading them like a blight across the land."

"The spreading of a blight across the land," Michael whispered. "It's another of the seals. Mephistopheles must be behind this. But how? Even with all his magic he cannot possibly be able to influence them like this."

"But perhaps someone else could," Thor mused. "Someone whose sole purpose was to influence and guide insect minds. Perhaps Mephistopheles is not working alone this time. Upon my ascension to the throne I learned of many things, one of which was the stunning rise to power of the insect king Hecatondies. There are those among the Godheads who believe him to have unlocked his godly essence; they believe he is, in fact, the god of insects."

"Can Mephistopheles do that though?" Samael asked. "Can he unlock someone's godly powers? That doesn't sound good for us."

"No, it doesn't," Michael said. "But perhaps we should pay Hecatondies a visit."

Monsters."

"Someone must be pullin' their strings," Samael said, crossing his arms. "I, for one, suspect Nocchi, if only because I used the strings metaphor. It fits if you think about it. Now we just gotta find out where he's hiding the other million fingers he's using to puppet them." He turned to the puppet. "Give up, Pinocchio, and let Jiminy Cricket go."
    Nocchi turned from stooping over Gigas and glanced up at Samael, "Way to go, genius. Ya caught me red-handed." The Puppetmon strode forward and folded his arms over his chest. His eyes narrowing, he growled, "As if I'd want to control a million bugs after hangin' around Khep the one-eyed louse, Gigas the big oaf, an' that weird 'holier-than-thou' bee-thing!"

"Joking aside, Samael is right," Thor said thoughtfully as he stroked his chin. "Someone is controlling the insect Digimon: making them act all out of sorts, making them destroy everything, spreading them like a blight across the land."
    Ivy rose and approached them. "Whatever, or whoever, it is, we must stop it. I will not stand here while Gigas and the others writhe in pain."

"Can Mephistopheles do that though?" Samael asked. "Can he unlock someone's godly powers? That doesn't sound good for us."

"No, it doesn't," Michael said. "But perhaps we should pay Hecatondies a visit."
    Sha, despite his thin frame, displayed his disproportionate strength by helping Gigas to his feet. Supporting the massive HerculesKabuterimon, he slowly assisted the insect in lumbering forward. Wearing his usual cheesy grin, the Shawjamon exclaimed, "Come on then! Let's go meet this Heck-of-undies guy!"

Gigas groaned weakly. His legs wobbling and his head throbbing, the HerculesKabuterimon rasped, "The god of insects... If he's the one behind this, I would like to have a word with him."

"I'd like to have more than word with him," Nocchi added, swinging his hammer about. "I might even have a full sentence with the guy!"

(Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

Chapter Three: The Seashore House
    "Do you guys have any milk?"
    "No, but we have soda pop."
    "How about some fresh water?"
    "Fresh out. Would you like a soda pop?"

"We're fine, by the way! ...Thank you all for your concern," Kheprius snarled through a grimacing scowl. He managed to wrap his arm around the nearby pillar and drag himself to his feet once again. "It only feels like the worst hangover you can imagine, multiplied by a thousand..."

"We will... be fine," Barachiel reassured through a strained voice. He grabbed his Royal Meisters, pressed them down against the floor and willed himself to stand to his feet. "Let us do this quickly if it's not too much trouble..."

As Barachiel leapt into the air, he managed to hide all but a few traces of his existing pain. Now that they had a job to do, he couldn't let it deter him.

"Wow, you're a real trooper, Bug-a-boo," Gunnar exclaimed, also taking flight.

"Please refrain from calling me that, if it is not too much trouble."

Gunnar rolled his eyes.

Gigas groaned weakly. His legs wobbling and his head throbbing, the HerculesKabuterimon rasped, "The god of insects... If he's the one behind this, I would like to have a word with him."

"I'd like to have more than word with him," Nocchi added, swinging his hammer about. "I might even have a full sentence with the guy!"
    "I'd settle for a paragraph... small font," Kheprius growled. "And 'god of insects'? What a load... This is just some cheap magic trick. Nothin' more. Don't make this guy out to be more than he is."

"You doubt the existance of a god of insects?" Barachiel questioned, looking at Khep.

"I doubt the existance of a god of anything." Kheprius then swung in Nocchi's direction. "And you couldn't even get a termite to eat you, let a lone control a bug digimon."

Barachiel gave his brother a disapproving stare, but it was cut short as the a new wave of pain pierced through his skull. Pyra walked over to Kheprius and observed his obvious pained state. "Need some assistance?" she offered.

"No..." he said, letting go of the pillar and beginning to walk away from it. A current of pain then coursed through him and he collapsed to his knees. "Maybe..."

Pyra helped Khep up and draped his arm around her neck before they both took into the air. "Hey, Pyra, I don't think the wolf pup would like you and I being... so close and personal," the insect digimon said, managing a grin through his agony.

The Paildramon in question rolled her eyes. "Well, Azur's not here and you can hardly stand on your own, so it looks like everybody will have to deal with it."

"If... that's the case... then maybe later we could--"

"Okay," Pyra said to the others, ignoring Khep and cutting him off. "Let's move out now. The longer we wait, the more damage the insect digimon will wreak."

Hoenir and Tiwaz (who was still in Tyr's VictoryGreymon form) staggered down a moonlit street of Tiwheim in the direction of the former's house. They both reeked of ale and neither of them could walk in a straight line.

"Hey, Tiwaz..." Hoenir said, slowly looking over to his ancestor. "You're a really big hero of mine, you know that? Really big..."

"Hah, well... I get that a lot..." Tiwaz slurred, giving the EmperorGreymon a forceful slap on the shoulder. "Sure, I've done some pretty astonishing things and led my own team, but I don' like to be arrogant about it. You just have to set your heart on something and do it. 'Who Dares, Wins' is my motto. You and Tyr remember that, got it?"

Hoenir nodded and placed his arm on Tiwaz's. "Yup... Hey, there's Ther..." he said, suddenly looking in the opposite direction, to his left. "Hey, Ther! Nice night for a fly, huh?" Hoenir looked back at Tiwaz. "Ther's a Kabuterimon who lived nearby me. He's pretty nice."

They both looked to their left and saw the large form of a Kabuterimon flying silently through the air as though he had a mission in mind. "Ther!" Hoenir called again. Ther didn't so much as acknowledge him. He simply proceeded to fly high into the sky and speed off.

"...I guess he didn't hear you," Tiwaz said. "I can try if you want."

"Nah... we're hear anyways," the younger Koenig said, stopping in front of a large house and unlocking the tall and wide door. The duo walked in and collapsed on two nearby couches.

"You're def'nately a Koenig, Hoenir," Tiwaz told him, looking over to his descendant. "You managed to match me drink for drink. Barely anyone can say they accomplished that. S'a pity Tyr doesn't drink though. Funny, his father's one of the top brewers in the lands. Hymir Koenig, your uncle or something."

"Tiwaz..." Tyr pleaded, not really wanting to hear him talk about his possibly dead father.

"Fine, fine. I understand, ol' son," Tiwaz off-handedly replied to Tyr. "Speaking of sons, Hoenir, tell me more about mine. Obviously both Campion and Thlayli found mates. What were they like, do you know?"

"Well," Hoenir slurred while rubbing his eye. "I know of them... not too may details though. Campion married another EmperorGreymon... or maybe she was a BlackWarGreymon... My father would know. I think she's an EmperorGreymon. Anyways, her name's Hyzenla, but I forget her last name..."

Tiwaz nodded, taking in the information. "And Thlayli?"

"I remember his wife better. She's a WereGarurumon by the name of Pearl Weissritter, hahah."

Tiwaz blinked and slowly looked over to Hoenir. "A WereGarurumon?" he asked. A few seconds passed. "Wait... Weiss... ritter? You... mean like the furry mongrel? Fenrir?" he asked, his stomach feeling like it was starting to swerve around.

"Yeah! Pearl is actually one of Fenrir's daughters. Tyr's technically related to two Ancients, though Thlayli had the dominant genes when it came to the offspring."

Tiwaz merely stared at Hoenir, his jaw agape. The cheek muscle below his eye began to twitch as well. His only response was a shaky, barely audible exhale as if Gigas had suddenly put all of his weight on his lungs.

Hoenir chuckled. "Hahah, doesn't that make you and Fenrir in-laws? What are the chances, huh?"

Without a word, Tiwaz shakily got to his feet and staggered away from Hoenir.

"Tiwaz?"

"...I think I'm going to throw up..." he managed as he made his way into Hoenir's bathroom.

And he did.

A few moments after, Hoenir then heard the sound of a body collapsing on his floor with a resounding thud. Silence ensued...

"...Tiwaz?"
    Last edited by Griff4815; 25th November 2010 at 8:16 PM.

The Hive-Palace of Hecatondies appeared nestled in the branches of an enormous tree. On a normal day, the air around it would be filled with the sights and sounds of thousands upon thousands of insect Digimon going about their day, collecting pollen data packets, reinforcing the hive structure, or patrolling the skies. Today, however, the Hive was empty. Every insect was instead ripping over the Digital World, their wills no longer their own.

"Perhaps I should go first," Thor suggested. "If he is indeed an insect god-king, then he will likely not speak to anyone else. Be on your guard, though. There's no telling what he might do." He looked to his three insect comrades. "Perhaps you three should wait here. You seem strong enough to resist his control, but direct commands could prove otherwise."

"C'mon, Thoreo," Samael said. "The bugs here wanna kick some *ss. Ain't nobody can control you when you're trying to rip 'em a new one."

"That remains to be seen," Thor said.

"But perhaps it is better for them to be with us regardless," Michael said. "We can keep watch over them, and if they do begin to fall to his control we can attempt to stop them."

Thor nodded, but remained silent for a moment. "So what do we do?" he asked, glancing subtly towards Bedivere.

"We go," Michael answered quickly. "We don't have time to waste with pointless discussion."

He entered the archway at the bottom of the hive tree and led the Peacemakers up through the circular corridor. It wound its way up the length of the trunk and out into the canopy. From there it was a quick walk along the main branch and they descended into the actual hive complex.

"This is taking forever," Samael muttered, poking at the sticky walls with a clawed finger. "How about we let the new fire-crotch release some pent up frustration and burn us a little hole to the big bug's bedroom?" He nodded his head over to Vritra.

"That gives away the element of surprise," Michael said.

"Uh, there's twenty-three of us up in this b*tch and some of us aren't the lightest on our feet," Samael said, jerking his tumb towards Gigas. "Thank God Tyr isn't here."

"Oh, enough," Thor said, stepping through the group. "He raised the White Sword and pointed it towards the interior wall. A glow emitted from the blade and the data of the hive bent to Thor's will. A large passageway opened in the sticky walls and pierced straight to Hecatondies's chamber.

"Been workin' out?" Samael asked. "Cus that woulda been useful six months ago."

"Shut up and walk," Michael said, brushing past Aeria and Kole and pushing Samael forward. Within a few minutes, the group had reached a large chamber, made of slimy wax and sticky syrup plastered over layers of...something.

"You came," rasped a voice from the shadows. The walls around them suddenly lit with a strange glow to reveal the source of the voice: a massive TyrantKabuterimon sat on a similarly-crafted golden throne. "He told me you would come. You would come to kill me. He told me you'd succeed."

"Who told you?" Michael demanded, already knowing the answer.

"My lord Mephistopheles."

"Lord?" Samael blanched. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"I don't have a choice," Hecatondies said. "He made me what I am. He gave me power; power to do what I want, power to rule. And I am now compelled to obey his every whim."

"You must stop this, Hecatondies," Thor said. "You have already broken a seal, there is no more reason for you to follow his commands. Stop this now and you might be forgiven."

"But what if the blight hasn't spread to my lord's liking?" Hecatondies whispered. He was distant, his eyes unfocused as they pierced the distances between he and his armies. "I cannot know. I must continue on."

"Thor," Michael said, speaking softly to the thunder god. "Is he a god? Is this a threat we have to worry about?"

"No," Thor answered as he tested Hecatondies's spirit with his own. "He is not a god."

"Not a god," Hecatondies rasped, rising from his throne and floating closer to the Peacemakers. "A king. The king of all insects. None may resist my command." Hecatondies spread his will over Gigas, Khep, and Barachiel, and they fell seamlessly under his command. They marched over to his side and stood at attention. "My lord told me you would come; he told me you would kill me. But I will not go quietly. I have been ordered to stop you."

"You cannot stand against us with just those three," Michael said strongly. "They are our allies, and sooner or later they will break your hold."

"Perhaps," Hecatondies said. "But it is not likely. And I am not alone here. Mephistopheles has lent me the use of several others."

Suddenly four figures burst through the waxpaper walls of the Hive. The first was a DarkSuperStarmon, beside him stood a SkullMeramon, a ShadowWereGarurumon, and a hulking BlackWarGreymon.

"Interesting," Michael said. "But this changes nothing. Surrender, Hecatondies, or be destroyed."

"He told me you would try to stop him as well. But I know the truth now," Hecatondies whispered, not hearing or caring for Michael's threat. "He has brought them to this world. I have seen them. The great destroyers. The Cambion."

From behind Hecatondies's massive throne emerged seven humans with seven Rookie-level Digimon. These humans weren't children, but grown men and women well into their twenties and thirties.

"Looks like we finally meet," said the apparent leader, a dark skinned man with a Veemon partner. He turned to the other six. "Alright everyone. You know what to do."

"Biomerge Activate!"

UlforceVeedramon. JumboGamemon. EmperorGreymon. Dorugoramon. Eaglemon. Gryphonmon. BanchoLeomon.

"The children of Mephistopheles," Hecatondies rasped. "Our world is doomed."

Monsters."

Kheprius and Barachiel stood in front of Hecadonties, unable to do anything but obey his every thought. At first they struggled against his hold, but his power was too great and they succumbed to his mind control. They both turned slowly and faced the Peacemakers, their old comrades.

Both insect digimon stared at them with blank gazes. They then similtaneously leapt off of the ground and bolted through the air at blistering speeds towards the Peacemakers. Kheprius began by driving his knee into Bedivere's midsection with one leg and kicking off of his breastplate with his other to launch himself towards another party. The black-coloured insect shoulder-tackled Samael, throwing him backwards.

Barachiel promptly slashed his two beam swords vertically down towards Gunnar. The ShineGreymon hastily summoned the GeoGrey Sword in a flash of light and blocked the descending blades. "Dangit, Barachiel! If this is about the 'Bug-a-boo' thing, I'm sorry. I won't do it again," he said, kicking Barachiel backwards. Gunnar then swept the GeoGrey Sword in front of him, trying to disarm the Royal Meisters from him. "Snap out of it, already!"

The TigerVespamon redirected the blade with his own, bringing the Royal Meisters up under the GeoGrey Sword. Barachiel then dropped one of his swords, moved forward and grabbed Gunnar's wrist. "What the--" Gunnar sputtered.

Barachiel yanked Gunnar's arm forward, pushed agaist his chest and flipped the dragon-man over his shoulder so that he landed flat on his back. The TigerVespamon placed his foot on Gunnar's chest and held his Royal Meister over the light dragon.

"Cable Catcher!"

Four cords wrapped around Barachiel's wrist and pulled him off of Gunnar. The mind-controlled TigerVespamon picked up his other sword and slashed towards the wires, but Pyra promptly retracted them before the Royal Meister could come into contact with them.

"Barachiel, fight it--" Pyra began, but was cut off when the large form of a DoruGoramon slammed into her and sent her flying across the hive onto the slime-covered floor. The Paildramon growled and stood to her feet, glaring at the biomerged digimon.

"You won't defeat me..." Pyra said firmly as her form began glowing. Her iron will tempered her draconic power, not allowing a repeat of her Darkness Evolution if she had anything to say about it. "Imperal Evolution. Imperialdramon Dragon Mode!"

The large blue dragon flew into the air and snarled menacingly at Scott Carey, the biomerged DoruGoramon. He returned the gesture.

"Positron Laser!" Pyra pitched her body down and fired an immense positronic beam from her cannon.

"Doru Djinn!" the DoruGoramon held his hands in front of his chest gathering power in the space between his two palms. When the orb of power was concentrated enough, it ripped forward as a powerful beam.

The two beams slammed into each other and the amalgamation splayed out in all directions as the power negated each other.

Meanwhile, Gunnar found himself facing off against the towering BlackWarGreymon, Gaul Drago. Gaul tore towards him and slammed his fist into Gunnar's gut with so much strength that the ShineGreymon was sent careening into the hive wall.

"Ugh," Gunnar groaned in a mixture of pain and disgust as he peeled himself off of the sticky wall and landed on the ground. "Okay... You're strong, I'll give you that. ...But one of my best friends is a BlackWarGreymon; I know all your moves, Biggen! Glorious Burst!"

Rays of blinding light shot from the lenses on Gunnar's chest and wings. Most of them burned into Gaul's body, causing him to snarl in pain and retreat a step, but he soon jumped up and ripped the Brave Shield from his back. He used it to block the brilliant beams and upon Gunnar's attack dissapating, he whipped the black shield towards Gunnar.

The ShineGreymon's eyes widened. "Crap!" he spat, hastily bringing up his GeoGrey Sword to block the projectile. He managed to defend against the flying shield, but the sheer strength at which it was thrown caused Gunnar to be knocked back. "Damn, nice throwing arm..." he muttered, getting to a knee to skid to a stop.

Upon looking up, Gunnar's eyes widened upon seeing the BlackWarGreymon already on the offense again. Gaul was charging at him before Gunnar could even hope to stand up. He performed a mighty uppercut on Gunnar's gut, lifting the dragon off his feet.

The ShineGreymon gasped as air violently left his lungs, but he was able to stab one of the ends of the GeoGrey Sword into Gaul's side, inciting a grunt of annoyance. The black dinosaur then grabbed Gunnar by the face and mercilessly flipped him over and slammed him into the ground.

"Glrus Bwst," Gunnar said in a voice muffled by Gaul's hand. A highly concentrated beam erupted from Gunnar's chest and engulfed Gaul's upperbody, causing him to release his grip on Gunnar and stagger backwards.

The light dragon digimon coughed and stumbled to his hands and knees. "Ugh... With all his lucky shots, I might have to use my trump card: Burst Mode, but if I do, that'll take a lot out of me after tha battle. I'm not sure if I can afford that or not," he thought to himself.

"You're a lucky big lug," Gunnar mocked, standing to his feet and cracking his joints as he stretched. "But your luck's just run out. Play time's over. Time for you to see just how awesome I am."

Kheprius dug his foot into Samael's chest, driving his pal backwards.

"Die for the glory of Hecatondies!" he barked, driving his right Gran Killer forwards but missing the demon.

Upon doing so he darted to the side to avoid an attack and made himself rebound off of the floor, diving head-first at Samael. "Grandis Scissors!" The two pincers on Kheprius head opened up wide and then snapped shut upon drawing close to the Beelzemon.

"All hail Lord Hecadonties," he said with a sneer.

Meanwhile, Khep's insect brother was also locked in combat will allies. Barachiel slashed one of his Royal Meisters at Michael, only to have it blocked by the angel's own beam sword. As he struggled against Michael's sword, behind him, he drove his foot into Caradoc's chest and slashed behind him with the Royal Meister in Barachiel's left hand. He retracted his right sword and aimed the tip towards Michael.

"Gear Stinger," he said calmly. Bolts of energy ripped out of the tips of both the beam swords. The right sword fired the blasts towards Michael in front of him, while the left sword shot them at Caradoc behind the mind-controlled insect.

"Hail Hecadonties..." he murmured while his form was illuminated by the attacks that blasted away at his allies.

Chaos finally broke through. The world of sounds was overpowered by the cacophony of weapons clashing against weapons, explosions and war cries, and promises and threats of complete utter destruction. Everyone attacked whoever was closest, or the one that they deemed a worthy enough opponent. Through it all, Hecatondies stood back, akin to the final boss or the general waiting for his minions to finish off his enemies, or his enemies finish off his minions for him to take care of…despite getting the prediction of being killed right then and there. It wasn’t clear whether was resigned to his prophesized fate or fight against it with all his might.

That question was why Shoon asked, “So, if you say you’re going to get killed by us, why are you putting so much of a fight?”

The TyrantKabuterimon looked at him almost morosely. “You…how did you get through all of them?” he wondered, noticing that the Mamemon X had somehow weaved, dashed and dodged every attack and foe sent his way (deliberate and accidental) to get to him.

The Mamemon X just blinked; it wasn’t something he really thought about. All the running and escaping he had to do before meeting Azur, as well as his short time with the nomads, had made him very good at running through obstacles without getting hit, sometimes undetected. This would have made him great at heading straight towards the head honcho unscathed…if he had the ability to anyway…along with the sense to.

Instead of answering Hecatondies, he simply replied, “Hey, I asked you a question first!” He folded his arms, frowning at the many times larger Digimon reprimandingly.

“No matter…disappear from here. Shine of Bee,” the TyrantKabuterimon said, his voice hollow and distant.

Shoon stood still for the second that the large insectoid Digimon suddenly grew bright before realizing what was about to happen. And then he did a one-eighty turn. And then he started sprinting and screaming with his eyes wide and his arms flailing. “Gyaaaaah! I was asking a questiooo-”

BOOOOOM!

As the attack of the self-proclaimed King of Insects concluded in a fiery explosion of bright light that burnt the ground that he hovered over and singed every single cloth in proximity, Shoon was sent flying off his feet. The blast made him airborne and sent him flying past Hira’s head (with Shoon screaming bloody murder and probably giving the Mihiramon’s eardrums a good beating).

Continuing the flightpath, Shoon actually flew over a number of digimon’s heads, ally and foe alike, before getting low enough to crash right into a rather hard body and sending both of them sprawling all over the floor.

Sitting up despite the dizziness that had begun to take over his head, Shoon blinked and looked at whoever he had rammed into. He couldn’t really see through his blurry vision, he thought he recognized the outline.

“Heeey, is that you Justin?” he called out, standing up. “Thanks for catching me! Well, sort of catching me. You can’t believe how crazy that felt. I mean, flying can be fun, but when you’re not supposed to fly, it’s plain freaky, I tell you…and terrifying to boot! I thought I was going to turn into splat right into a wall and turn into a Mame-omelette!” he exclaimed, looking himself over for dents and scratches that might’ve been caused by his crash landing. His vision had begun to clear up by then.

“That can still be arranged,” an unfamiliar voice said, coming from where ‘Justin’ stood.

Shoon blinked away the last vestiges of blurriness and turned his head upwards, towards his supposed saviour. His sight was completely blocked by a dark blue surface with a metallic sheen.

“Or maybe you’d look better scrambled,” the surface said. Shoon looked upwards, seeing someone that looked like Justin, but with different colors. Where Justin was gold and white, this one was dark blue and black. A DarkSuperStarmon.

“Y-y-y-you’re not Justin!” Shoon exclaimed, jumping backwards (with surprising distance) with a shocked expression his face.

“Congratulations, Mr. Obvious. Shall we give you your prize?”

Shoon’s eyes suddenly lit up. “I won something!? What did I win? What did I win?” he asked, jumping up and down excitedly.

Marcus the DarkSuperStarmon’s eyes behind his sunglasses narrowed. “Nothing…except maybe a Dark Explosion!”

Dark energies of space gathered in front of the DarkSuperStarmon’s hands, condensing into a sphere, before shooting forwards coated with violent auras. Shoon barely had time to yell before the sphere exploded in front of him in a mass of black power and surging heat. It was coincidentally fortunate that the blast from the attack sent him flying before the brunt of the attack could actually get to him.

Of course, this also meant that he was sent airborne again.

“Not agaiiiiiiiiiiin!”

--------------------------------------------------------------

For the first few minutes of the whole “I now control all your insect allies and you must fight them” scene, Aeria had been frozen. While she wasn’t close with any of them, the idea of having to fight them at all made her sick to her stomach. They were her allies; she shouldn’t – couldn’t fight with them even if her life depended on it. And thinking about it only made her even more nauseas.

And then a bright flash caused her to snap out of whatever hold her mind had on her. She quickly turned to where it came from and found its origins coming from Gunnar, who was currently tackling with a BlackWarGreymon.

She hesitated a bit before deciding to go to the ShineGreymon’s aid. Other than the TigerVespamon called Barachiel back during Gigas and Ivy’s wedding and Pyra, the other Greymon had been the only one to show her a bit of friendliness to her. Besides, as a WarGreymon herself, she might be able to help him predict the BlackWarGreymon’s attacks.

Flash Bantyo Punch!”

Turning to her side, Aeria barely had to time to raise her arms in front of her in a guarding position before pure energy in the shape of a large lion-shaped slammed into her, knocking her off balance and pushing her backwards. She landed roughly, wincing. She recovered quickly, however, pushing herself onto her feet to catch the blade that was about to cut into her with one of her Dramon Killers.

The BantyoLeomon narrowed his eyes, pushing against Aeria’s weapons and forcing the female WarGreymon’s knees to buckle underneath her. A few seconds later, she found herself back in the same position she was just a moment ago: on her back. This time, she had a fierce looking BantyoLeomon hovering over her, poised to strike at her with a fist.

“Time to say goodnight,” the lionman Digimon muttered as his fist burst with orange aura.

Aeria started to panic. Getting hit right there and then might mean she would be down for the count, considering the strength of her assailant. And then she began to think of what might happen if she were taken out. Her panic grew, realizing that it might cause her turn into…into…she didn’t even know what to call that side of her. All she knew was that, at all costs, she couldn’t afford to get at that point.

“No!” she cried out, quickly pushing palms forwards, an orange sphere that looked like it contained the insides of a live volcano appearing in front of her. “Terra Destroyer!

The sphere suddenly expanded greatly in size, bringing the BantyoLeomon above the sphere before he could land his attack. And then the enlarged energy bullet was sent blasting towards the ceiling, crashing with a mighty explosion.

Aeria stood on shaky legs, panting and looking up at the smoke and falling debris. She tensed up when she saw a humanoid form fall down. She raised her weapons reflexively as the BantyoLeomon landed on the floor meters away from her, looking only slightly injured at her attack.

“Not so weak as previously thought,” he muttered as he stood up, looking at Aeria intensely.

“Why…why are you doing this?” Aeria asked without really thinking.

The BantyoLeomon frowned. “…I can’t answer that.”

“But-“

“This conversation is over.” The BantyoLeomon suddenly charged at her, prompting the WarGreymon go into the defensive.

The BantyoLeomon gave a quick punch that Aeria was only barely able to dodge by sidestepping. She couldn’t dodge the consecutive sword slash, however, and had to settle for blocking it with one of her Dramon Killers. She had to exert a lot of effort to keep from being overpowered, but she managed to hold off the force long enough to follow it up with a low sweep with her free arm.

She managed to get her opponent’s legs, causing him to fall forwards. He was able to the momentum, however, to flip from a single hand and into a crouching position, where he was then easily able to execute a sweep kick that caught Aeria’s legs.

By reflex, Aeria was able to backflip from her hands, copying what her opponent had done, as well as giving herself from distance from her opponent.

She didn’t even have any moment of reprieve before her opponent was upon her again. And then she began to think that she might be able to last long in this kind of battle.
    This is one of them.

Guinier flashed forwards, and another cobalt flash met her, sparks flying as the two UlforceVeedramon clashed their sabers in a high-speed duel, flashing back and forth through the air at each other.

"Why are you helping Mephistopheles?!" she cried to her male counterpart.

"You could never understand," he replied coldly, before striking with a fierce kick she narrowly avoided, before his V-crest lit with force. "Ray of Victory!"

Still off-balance from dodging the kick, Guinier was struck full-force by the blast and propelled back into the wave of the hive. She hit with a cry of pain, slumping down as the UlforceVeedramon rocketed towards her with his blade drawn back to impale her...

"Pyro Barrage!" Flames roared into him in a volley of liquid fire, and even with his intense speed, the Biomerge was caught, hurled away wreathed in flame as Vritra roared past with a glance at Guinier, shooting towards Hecatondies. Fire wreathed her, her burning wings ablaze with liquid flame. Her Rudri Tarpana elongated into swords, which burned with molten light as she prepared to strike the King of Insects with them.

"Bee Cyclone," the TyrantKabuterimon said, voice still hollow and distant. A swarm surrounded him, many thousands of insects all gathered in a defensive barrier, and Vritra's furious blows made no effect on the wall, even as rays of burning light shone from beneath them. "Shine of Bee."

Liquid light roared from Hecatondies, atomizing his subordinate defenders before plowing into Vritra, knocking her flat despite her efforts to remain standing, She was hurled flying by the attack, knocked to the ground and crushed by its force, and when the Shine of Bee ended, she stood with an angry roar, charging again...

Then a black meteor plowed into her, knocking her down as black metal claws ripped at her. She snarled in pain, blood spilling from the wound, and lashed her tail, hurling Gaul Drago from her. He landed nimbly, skidding back slightly, settled into a combat-ready stance as she rose up.

Flame crackled around the BurningGreymon as the air shimmered in a heat haze, her wing burning ever-fiercer as her eyes lit with flame. "Wildfire Tsunami!" She beat her wings forwards and molten heat and flame roared from them, a burning gale which tore towards the BlackWarGreymon.

Gaul twisted, bringing forth his Brave Shield before him, and ducked behind the shield as the attack impacted. The flames flowed around the shield, burning into the structure of the hive, but leaving the BlackWarGreymon intact.

Vritra gave a soft growl when she saw this, erupting forwards. Gaul cast aside his shield, which formed his wings once more, and burst forwards, readying his Dramon Destroyers.

"Asura Blades!"

"Dragon Crusher!"

Burning sword met pitch-dark claws, sparks flying as the two strained. Despite size advantage, Vritra discovered that Gaul possessed incredible strength, enough to render her edge null and void. The two fought in fierce battle, sparks flying from each collision of blades. Normally any foe fighting this close to Vritra would have tired due to the intense heat she radiated, but it seemed Gaul was more than happy to fight despite what was normally a large advantage for the BurningGreymon.

He blocked one blade with a Dramon Destroyer, before twisting and using the Brave Shield to hold the other, using that same twist to propel a Dramon Destroyer forwards, stabbing it into Vritra's chest. She roared in pain and her molten wings beat forward in a rush of flame, the fires drilling into Gaul's chest and sending him roaring away, though he stopped quickly, using his Dramon Destroyers like brakes to slow his motion.

Blood leaked from the wound, and Vritra glared hate at Gaul. "Fine... if that's how you want this..." She lit with flames, spectral, intense fire which consumed her in an instant, but Gaul sensed instantly that this was an evolution. "X-Evolution! WarGreymon X!" the BurningGreymon barked angrily.

Before the flames faded, she burst from them, evolved and reformed. She was now Gaul's height, and very similar in body structure and armament, but her armor was sleeker and more advanced, her Dramon Destroyers were differently-designed, azure crystals studded the armor, and she had two vernier boosters connected to her back. Unsheathing her Dramon Destroyers, Vritra ignited her boosters and jetted forwards. She struck before Gaul could react more than readying his Dramon Destroyers, their claws meeting in a fly of sparks and a scream of edge on edge.

Gaul was instantly aware of how much power she had in this form, but he was unconcerned as he launched a furious kick, which she leapt back from, igniting her boosters and soaring upwards as flame lit around her hands, which she cupped as a sphere of molten force built between them. Seeing the warning, Gaul raised his own hands, and liquid shadow pooled in his grip.

"Terra Force ZERO!" Vritra howled, unleashing a molten blast from her hands towards Gaul.

"Terra Destroyer!" her darker counterpart answered, sending darkness and ruin from his grip, a maelstrom which struck her attack. Both detonated in a fiery cataclysm, from which Vritra erupted, whirling into a tornado as flame raced around her body.

"Great Tornado!" Gaul reacted, leaping aside and leaving her claws to tear into the floor, but she sensed this as she began to rip through the substance, and ceased the attack, trying to pull away, but as Gaul had intended her Dramon Destroyer was caught in the floor. He strode forwards, raising a Dramon Destroyer, but she brought up her free hand as flame burned around her gauntlet. "Terra Force!" Flame ripped forwards, spearing his chest, and hurled the towering black dragon-warrior away across the room. Snarling, the WarGreymon X tore her Dramon Destroyer free, cleansing it with a flash of flame, and turned to Gaul, erupting forwards in a flash of booster propulsion again...
    [CENTER]

Tia jumped out of the way as JumboGamemon fired as torrent of water at her. Flipping backwards, the Bastemon pounced forwards and found her way onto the digimon's face.

"Hey there handsome," she quipped before slashing at his face.

JumboGamemon roared with pain as the cat woman's claws dug into his flesh, and he tried to swat the cat off his face.

"Settle down big boy," laughed Tia, jumping off his face. "You might hurt yourself."

"That hurt," said JumboGamemon, "That really hurt. Megaton Hydro Laser!"

"Oh crap," muttered Tia as she watched the water made its way towards her, and she didn't have enough time to get out of its way.

Tia braced herself and tried to hold her ground as the water slammed into her lithe body. Sent flying backwards, Tia attempted to find a way to ground herself but was only able to once she slammed into something furry.

"Seriously, do I have a target painted on my side?"

Tia sighed as she realised who she had hit. Hira. Lucky for her.

"Mind getting off me?" asked the tiger.

Instead of replying, Tia grabbed Hira and pushed him away from her, and proceeded to jump towards him. In doing so, she managed to avoid another attack by JumboGamemon.

"Stop complaining and start attacking!" snapped Tia. "Vampire Dance!"

The energy burst from the Bastemon's claws and sped towards JumboGamemon. The arcs slammed against the turtle's stomach, however they did naught more than make the turtle stagger backwards.

"Vimohana!"

Taking to the air, Hira zoomed towards JumboGamemon, and once he was fairly close to the digimon, the Mihiramon swung his tail. The resulting sonic boom made its way towards JumboGamemon's face, and managed to hit the target.

"Jumbo Jetter!" roared the digimon with fury.

JumboGamemon's legs disappeared into his body, and he pointed his arms backwards.

"Tia get out of the way!" screamed Hira once he realised what JumboGamemon was doing.

The Bastemon saw the now incredibly fast turtle digimon, who was being propelled on his stomach by his arm cannons, heading her way.

"Really is that all?" asked Tia, jumping up into the air.

However as JumboGamemon passed underneath her, he raised one of his cannons. The cannon fired out a shot that connected with Tia. The Bastemon disappeared into a cloud of explosions, and Hira watched with horror as she fell to the ground. Realising that Kole probably wasn't able to see what happened to Tia, he sped towards the prone feline's body.

"Well now that was easy," said JumboGamemon, looking over Tia's body with one foot raised over her.

"Don't even think about it!" roared Hira. "Mihiramon Digivolve Into SaberLeomon! Nail Crusher!"

JumboGamemon felt the weight of the mega as he fell on his back, followed by intense pain as Hira ripped into the turtle's shell. As the JumboGamemon screamed in pain, Hira took the opportunity to rush down and grab Tia.

"Hira?" weakly asked Tia. "Is that you? Since when can you digivolve?"

"You don't get to being the head Deva without being able to become a Mega," replied Hira with a chuckle. "And you may want to try and start fighting again."

"Shut up," muttered Tia with a smirk on her face.

==============================

"Clown Trick!"

The magic swirled around Gaul's body and constricted, making the BlackWarGreymon turn his attention towards Kole. He sped towards the clown, before he started to twirl.

"Black Tornado!"

Kole's eyes widened as he watched Gaul disappear into a black coloured tornado, which was conveniently heading his way. Then he started laughing, and threw a handkerchief over himself.

"You missed me!" called out Kole, poking out his tongue.

Which was a big mistake on Kole's behalf, as it made Gaul know where the harlequin was.

"Terra Destroyer!"

The BlackWarGreymon summoned a ball of dark fire and hurled it towards Kole. The Piedmon narrowed his eyes and unsheathed two of his swords. As the Terra Destroyer came into close proximity of the Piedmon, he slashed forward with them. As the swords cam in contact with the fireball, the ball of fire exploded. The explosion sent Kole flying backwards, into a wall.

"That was way stronger than it should be," said Kole to himself. "BlackWarGreymons should not be that strong. I guess that means I have to take some drastic measures, I just hope that this doesn't end badly. Heaven shall crumble and Hell will rise! Face my wrath with your very own eyes!
    From the heart of chaos itself! I shall destroy you myself! Apocalyptic Evolution! Apocalymon!
    "

Kole felt the familiar rush of energy as his body expanded into the enormous body of Apocalymon. The dark energy within his body felt refreshing and Kole felt something akin to an evil smirk adorn his face.

"Now this is more like it," said Kole.

Damn right it is

"Move, clown!" Vritra snarled as Kole moved to intervene in the battle. Gaul was her opponent, not his, and she would not allow him to interfere.

Then he became Apocalymon, and she grudgingly decided to raise the issue later. Withdrawing, she glanced over the field, seeing Aeria engaged in a fierce struggle with the BanchoLeomon.

Humans. You thought them weak and unworthy, and then they came and blew you away with their power... that was why she was wary of every last one.

Regardless, the other WarGreymon didn't seem ready for this, such intensive battle as she was engaged in, so Vritra chose to give her some respite.

Her boosters lit and she roared forwards, catching the BanchoLeomon mid-blow with a savage strike of Dramon Destroyer, hurling the humanoid lion away from Aeria as the destructive goddess landed, ready for battle.

The BanchoLeomon rose with a savage, feline snarl, and charged, fists clenched and ready to punch, but as a Flash Bancho Punch struck, Vritra was moving, ducking around the strike before attacking.

"Dragon Crusher!" Her talons struck the gakuran and the Biomerge Digimon was knocked away, but the gakuran wasn't penetrated and beyond a bruise, the BanchoLeomon was unharmed. Snarling, Vritra lit her boosters and focused, collecting the fiery power between her hands rather than using them to move. A sphere of molten force built, before she spoke, "Terra Force ZERO!"

The burning force exploded forwards, consuming the BanchoLeomon before she could even react, the Biomerge vanishing into the fires. Vritra then ignited her jets and burst forwards, spinning into a burning tornado as the fiery remnants of the previous attack collected into the cyclone. The WarGreymon X ripped into the heart of the fire, but the BanchoLeomon wasn't there, Vritra passed through the flames before stopping, glancing around warily...

"Flash Bancho Punch!" A burning blow flashed, and Vritra barely guarded with the Brave Shield, but she was now on the back foot, forced to defend as the attacked continually unleashed more savage punches, which the WarGreymon X continually had to dodge or block.

"Terra Force!" Vritra finally snarled, unleashing fire and fury from her hands, which speared the BanchoLeomon and hurled her away. The Biomerge Digimon landed nimbly on her feet, eyes narrowing as she glared at Vritra...

-

Victor tore forwards, slashing at Guinier skillfully, clearly he was experienced in acting at such high speeds. The other UlforceVeedramon was hard-pressed to block, due partly to her lack of a shield.

"Ray of Victory!" Victor called, catching both of Guinier's blades in a lock with his saber and shield. Power screamed from his V-crest and struck the Peacemaker, hurling her away into the wall of the throne room. Exploding forwards in a cobalt blur, the Biomerge Digimon grabbed Guinier by the throat and hurled her to the ground, before flashing downwards and decking her with a vicious punch before she even hit the earth.

She stood with a snarl of pain and anger, eyes glowing crimson. "Enough... I didn't want this, human... but you chose your side. So I have no choice..." The crimson of her eyes washed over her cobalt armor, lighting it in a terrible, bloody shade as she roared, consumed by the crimson power...

“The blood-red dusk shall engulf the skies! Behold your entire world’s demise! My rage shall bring forth a blood-soaked night! Tremble at my power, this blood-red might! Megiddo Evolution! Megidramon!”

With a baleful roar, she rose up, transformed into that terrible, blood-red hell-drake, Megidramon. "Megiddo Flame!" Fire poured from her maw towards Victor, who evaded in a cobalt flash, before shooting towards her, but she blocked his fierce slash with an arm-blade, glaring fiercely at him before swatting him back with a motion of her arm. Eyes glowing fully crimson, she raised a hand, tracing a great circle in the air, blood-red, burning with malicious force, Victor eying it warily.

She completed the circle and it formed, a crimson gate, burning with dark power as she placed her hand to its back and focused, its light growing more intense as Victor charged towards her, aiming perhaps to stop the attack, but it was already too late. An instant before he could hit, the gate ripped open and Guinier spoke.

"Har-Megiddo Gate!"

Hellfire and ruination exploded from the gate, and Victor narrowly brought up his Tensegrity Shield to block the attack. Even so, it hurled him away in a burning maelstrom, smashing him against the wall, but he used the impact to escape the focused beam of the attack, realizing perhaps that Guinier had to focus on it and thus it could only fire in one direction.

Racing forwards, the UlforceVeedramon slashed across Guinier's neck and head with his sabers fiercely, opening fierce crimson gashes against her flesh, before lighting his V-crest with power. "Ray of Victory!" Power roared from the crest and bathed the Megidramon's face, hurling her away with its force.

As she crashed down, Victor descended, landing on her chest and readying a blade to decapitate her.

"Hail Mephistopheles," he said coldly, drawing the saber back...

-

Caradoc was not happy in the slightest.

Not only had human Tamers apparently joined Mephistopheles, but through no will of their own, Gigas, Kheprius and Barachiel had been forced over to Hecatondies, and now the Valkyrimon faced the TigerVespamon.

"Barachiel, snap out of it!" he snapped at his comrade. "Dig down, you're in there below that bastard's control!"

"For Hecatondies," Barachiel replied softly, in his usual manner, charging forwards and raising his Royal Meister. He slashed in a reserved, accurate manner, which made it easy for Caradoc to block one strike with the Feral Sword, and sidestep the other energy blade, before using his free arm to shoulder-shove the insect knight away. Pressing the slight edge this gave him, Caradoc raced forwards, clashing blades with Barachiel while trying to wrestle one energy sword from the TigerVespamon, but Barachiel reacted in a manner he didn't expect, deactivating the sword, dropping it and then gripping his foe's forearm and performing a blurred motion which resulted in Caradoc's arm being twisted painfully behind his back as Barachiel stood behind him. Their swords were still locked, but the Valkyrimon could barely see the blades, making it hard to keep the lock and thus prevent Barachiel from stabbing him.

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed the Royal Meister still lying on the floor, the deactivated blade pointed towards Barachiel's foot, and thinking rapidly, he stamped on the control for the energy blade, causing it to light, the cone of energy stabbing through the TigerVespamon's armor and causing him to gasp in pain, releasing the Valkyrimon, who promptly hammered his face with an elbow. As the insect backed up, Caradoc turned, and burst forwards, striking with a volley of punches and kicks which Barachiel somehow miraculously blocked, before nailing Caradoc with a kick to the chest which sent the Valkyrimon skidding back.

As he stopped, Caradoc glared fierily at Barachiel. "You may have turned against your own will... but I won't lay down and let you kill me. I'll fight you with everything... no matter what it takes, Barachiel. So now I'll show you something no-one else yet knows... an evolution I've taken but once. Once I let myself languish in darkness... I took on the power of the night... but now with Guinier, I accept the light... and I took on its power..." He was swathed in a burning, golden flame. "Behold my power, Barachiel..." And he vanished into the fire's intensity.

"In darkest dusk, in brightest dawn, the light of hope is never gone. The darkness ruled my heart forlorn. Now, see the light that rules my heart reborn! Phoenix Evolution! Phoenixmon!"

He exploded, reborn, burning with fire and light, the very image of a radiant light, Phoenixmon.

"Crimson Flame!" he called, voice now softer, but carrying a deep grace which could not be defied. Golden fire sang from his beak, a spiraling prominence which speared Barachiel and hurled him away, ablaze. The TigerVespamon was crushed into the ground, burning with flame before he rose, drawing both Royal Meister and charging at rapid speed towards Caradoc, his armor glowing.

"Gear Stinger!" he called, unleashing a rain of cybernetic needles from his armor towards the Phoenixmon, who burned with force and fire, beating his wings to send out a burst of burning wind, melting the needles away before scattering them. Regardless, the maneuver took enough time for Barachiel to reach Caradoc and slash with the Royal Meister, opening wounds across the Phoenixmon's chest, spilling blood into his fiery golden feathers. Giving a snarl of pain, Caradoc beat his wings, lifting into the air as every feather glowed with power, eyes burning with that terrible golden light.

"Be purified and freed," he said softly to Barachiel.

"Hecatondies has granted me purity," he replied. "He has granted me service."

"He has granted you slavery, and I shall break your chains as Guinier broke mine," Caradoc replied, spreading his wings to their outermost extent. "Starlight Explosion!" His wings beat down, and power tore from them, power and light which washed over and consumed Barachiel...

-

Bedivere tore forwards, drawing the Fragarach and splitting it into twin blades as he charged Hecatondies. He could see the priority was to defeat the insect king and halt the blight, even if the seal was broken, the swarm couldn't be allowed to continue ravaging the land.

"Shoryu Slash!" he called, sweeping his blades in arcs which unleashed burning flames, twin flares which ripped towards Hecatondies. The TyrantKabuterimon raised his hands and spoke in that distant voice.

"Bee Cyclone." The barrier of insects formed, and Bedivere's fiery attack broke against it, leaving Hecatondies unharmed. The Slayerdramon hurled one sword up, raising his hand as a sphere of emerald light formed in his grip, Bedivere speaking in a regal voice.

"Digitalize of Soul!" Spears of force erupted from the sphere and struck the wall of insects, detonating in flashes of emerald, but once more the Bee Cyclone was unaffected.

Catching his second Fragarach, Bedivere tore forwards, slashing at the defensive walls, barely registering the shining force building beneath...

"Shine of Bee." Force exploded, atomizing the insect subordinates and hurling the Slayerdramon away as Hecatondies emerged, completely unaffected, eyes still distant...
    [CENTER]

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast