Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Brockster Is In (658)

Hybrid View

Default The Brockster Is In (658)

Pokémon Doctor Brock!

Ash & Co. are on a boat heading to Twinleaf Town. Ash, Dawn & Brock are all sad that their journey in Sinnoh has come to an end but are cheered up when a trainer and her cute baby Pokémon appear. However, a batch of wild Tentacruel soon start to swarm the boat and poison the Pokémon there. With no nurse on the boat, the Pokémon are all getting in serious condition and it's up to Brock to save them.

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

The episode begins

-The friends meet the girl with her pokemon
    -TR are trying to capture Tentacruel in the sea, the ship got hurt by this
    -Pikachu and the girl's pokemon have been hurt badly by the poison
    -The Tentacruel return to sea with Brock's help
    -Brock gives them to eat berries
    -Friends are using Buneary, Piplup, Buizel and Infernape to cure them
    -Happiny evolves into Chansey
    -The pokemon get healthy
    -Brock wants to be a doctor
    -Dawn's mother is waiting there
    Last edited by Ash-kid; 2nd September 2010 at 11:23 AM.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Good episode so far.
    I found it funny that Brock took Jame's bottle cap and ran away with it and threw it over the boat so the tentacruel would follow. I thought he was doing it out of spite but realised it was to stop the tentacruel.

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/3csxu.png[/IMG]
    a.k.a croag

Did the Old Lady give Brock a "Lava Cookie".

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Did the Old Lady give Brock a "Lava Cookie".
    Most likely lol.

I wish an Old Gateau had made an appearance too.
    Successful Serebiiforum Wi-Fi trades (47): Redblood012, jabs4, NoobPokemon, EH TuCker, talface, Palagerini, tyvaughn, Ubermac, BattleElf, kinder suprise, "Freak" owns, ninjakitten, cyclo195, Poke Rock, LegndKillr83, Merchant, Petal (x4), Penguin_Man, caffeine87, MegaGalvatron, Jirachidude, Dragon Rules, Wicked Weavile, Stevenwoo (x2), dax324, VealChop, Troggy, J.T., zivc, DaRkJoLtEoN, pkfan, faethemoose, thegreattjtoot, Zormon, ebevan91, Pharosher, The Apostle, Bloodflowers, Cear13, Celestial Moth, hawkmbl, Mare, ShinyRay5

Wow Happiny evolved! Like we didn't see that coming lol.

Yay they played "A meeting and a parting" at the end.
    Sig deleted by Hydrohs. Read the sig rules.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    Yay they played "A meeting and a parting" at the end.
    That part made me start to tear up.

Nice episode. I like Brock-centric episodes and this was one of the best. Happiny evolution was a little bland but still better than evolving while battling TR.

Did Chansey show Happiny's personality, and its strength? Seems to be a nice episode. Also did Brock actually leave the group already?

Quote Originally Posted by Cazak View Post
    Did Chansey show Happiny's personality, and its strength? Seems to be a nice episode. Also did Brock actually leave the group already?
    Lets answer the questions one by one.
    There was a change in Chansey's personality on evolution. She ahs become a normal chansey now.
    We didn't got to see its strength.
    Brock hasn't left the group. He will leave in the next episode.
    And yes the episode was nice.

Did Brock leave? If not I guess he WILL return in Best Wishes sadly...

I didn't really like it. I'm all for Brock-centered episodes and events and all that, but this was like an insult. Why now of all times? Why give him the inspiration to be a doctor right when the DP saga is about to end? It seemed like terrible timing, like the writers had nothing better to do with his character so they gave him a new dream all of a sudden. Happiny evolved and proved itself useful once more, but I don't think it will ever appear again so what's the point? Brock finally gets character development, right at the end of the saga. It's too bad, not the best episode, 4/10

I didn't catch the whole thing, only parts, so I probably missed all the good bits, but this one felt rather Hum-Drum to me. From what I could tell, the animation was so-so, the plot was basic, and the action really was non-existent.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I didn't really like it. I'm all for Brock-centered episodes and events and all that, but this was like an insult. Why now of all times? Why give him the inspiration to be a doctor right when the DP saga is about to end? It seemed like terrible timing, like the writers had nothing better to do with his character so they gave him a new dream all of a sudden. Happiny evolved and proved itself useful once more, but I don't think it will ever appear again so what's the point? Brock finally gets character development, right at the end of the saga. It's too bad, not the best episode, 4/10
    Why now? Obviously because DP is ending. It wasn't all of a sudden at all. It's the end of the saga, it's time to send characters off, and 90% fandom predicted this long ago.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Although this ep wasn't as good as it could have been, (let's be honest, this would have been a painfully bad filler if we didn't know Brock was leaving), but it served its purpose.

I wish Brock got more screentime.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Although this ep wasn't as good as it could have been, (let's be honest, this would have been a painfully bad filler if we didn't know Brock was leaving), but it served its purpose.

I wish Brock got more screentime.
    nah it would of been a very interesting filler if brock wasn't leaving with him leaving it was just that much better.

sigh i'll miss brock so much

Quote Originally Posted by magicallypuzzled View Post
    sigh i'll miss brock so much
    You have 620 eps with Brock to rewatch. Granted he doesn't do anything in about 85% of them.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Why now? Obviously because DP is ending. It wasn't all of a sudden at all. It's the end of the saga, it's time to send characters off, and 90% fandom predicted this long ago.
    Do people ignore the hints throughout DP? Doc Brock? His need to heal Pokemon? Overjoyed in Battle Frontier where he commandeered a Pokemon center? There's more. It's not sudden. He's been nursing Pokemon for the last several years.

Those gosh darn Tentacruels really put a smile on my face, but my gosh how poorly Ash and co.'s goodbyes are during the beginning of this episode. What this? Happininy is evolving? Congratulations, Brock, it evolved into Chansey: formerly the best wall in the series until its 2nd gen evolution. It's too bad Brock is declining the offer to be doctor because that could'v made Nurse Joy become his woman.

Sweet episode that wraps up Brock´s story on a high note.
    Script, BGM and voice acting was very enjoyable.
    + James and bottlecaps involved = instant win.

9/10

And finally it is Brock's Swan Song and what I moving episode it was. Not only this it brought everything that brock is into one episode. A caring person who will do anything and everything to save pokemon. This is seen in his quick acceptance to the job when he is asked to help, to the frantic gathering of berries and other items which he could use to make these pokemon well.

He then matures through Nurse Joy's words (you wouldn't expect anyone else) and takes it upon himself to try everything he could from the limited knowledge he had to make these pokemon as comfortable as possible before Nurse Joy arrived with more resources but with a little help from his happiny, woops I mean chansey of course.

A fitting conclusion to a fantastic character, but we still have one more episode to enjoy Brock in all his glory.

Oh, and to conclude my say on the episode, the games reference from team rocket was absolute gold, no I mean silver, or maybe rubies...my opinion isnt so black and white afterall .

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    Those gosh darn Tentacruels really put a smile on my face, but my gosh how poorly Ash and co.'s goodbyes are during the beginning of this episode. What this? Happininy is evolving? Congratulations, Brock, it evolved into Chansey: formerly the best wall in the series until its 2nd gen evolution. It's too bad Brock is declining the offer to be doctor because that could'v made Nurse Joy become his woman.
    I don't recall him stating that he declined the offer to becoming a pokemon doctor nor do I recall him actually being offered. All I remember is Nurse Joy recommending that Brock would be an excellent pokemon doctor due to the skills he showed in the episode. He did state that he had never thought of becoming a pokemon doctor before, but he never said that he was not going to consider becoming one, if I am mistaken I stand corrected.
    Last edited by Orton155; 29th January 2011 at 6:05 PM.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

The writers were planning on making Brock a doctor all along ever since early DP when they gave him Happiny. Well played writers, well played .

Really nice episode in my opinion, lots of development, fun, evolution, many pokemons from the team appeared and Brock goal is starting to form.

Chansey evolved to heal Pichu, Softboiled him and he was cured.

I didn't watch it but I'm guessing it was a terrible episode.... the writers should really have made the Sinnoh return at the beginning with Ash going back to Pallet at the end. Leaving space for a reunion with Tracey, Gary, Misty, Oak, Delia and Max (you know it makes sense) and then finally some battle with Gary before he buggers off to Isshu. This episode was a filler. Like we needed any more of those this series. Brock should go to Pallet with Ash and join the party then leave. I reckon this episode will be called "doc brock.... oshit wait".
        Spoiler:- Oh No You Di'nt!!:
    Gay, atheist, proud of it.

[img]http://i49.*******.com/9tzn03.png[/img]
    Follow me @JaymiPurdy

Quote Originally Posted by gliscor&yanmega View Post
    What is with Gym Leaders and removing stuff.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast