Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Brockster Is In (658)

It was a nice episode. It had both fun as well as serious topics and they finnally gave Brock a goal that actually seems fitting. While they kind of lost the breeding thing (even if they have mentioned it a few times) they have found a better goal. As a breeder he mostly made berries and never followed up on the bigger picture of a Pokémon- breeder. Had they done that I would have been fine with the breeding thing but as the times has gone by Brock becoming a Pokémon doctor seems more real. He has always been the one who takes care of Pokémon as a professional.

I wonder if they decided that he should become a breeder when they gave him Happiny, or that they thought that it would be great for him, now when he owned a Happiny, that he could become a doctor. I mean, they gave him a baby- Pokémon once before but Happiny and its evo is cloesly linked to the doctor/nurse job.

However, while I felt that the ep in itself was good I can´t help feeling that it was just part 1 of 2, and we know that the next ep will be the real ending. They rarly do eps that so closely follows up in the next ep (I am not couting the Gym/Contest eps or the bigger arcs) AND THEN the story ends. The most short arcs has taken a few good eps, now we will see first this ep and then the next one, and after that...it is all over.

Based on that I won´t rate this ep, because it really is a sort of part 1 of 2, and the two last DP eps should be rated together.
    We say goodbye in the pouring rain
    And I break down as you walk away.
    Stay, stay.
    'Cause all my life I felt this way
    But I could never find the words to say
    Stay, stay.

~ Stay by Hurts

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyVaati View Post

Little side note: I liked near the start of the episode when James sees the bottle cap, and Jessie says "Is it Gold, Silver, Platinum!?" and Meowth adds "Or Diamond or Pearl?!" Cool little reference to all the 4th Generation games now that we're at its end.
    Wow. They really said that? That's friggin awesome. I hope they keep that in the dub.

Quote Originally Posted by KingMinun View Post
    Yay they played "A meeting and a parting" at the end.
    That part made me start to tear up.

Well it's about time happiny evolved. Anyways this episode was cute and sweet.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Anyone got what Nurse Joy and Dawn said to Brock once he said "Pok&#233;mon Doctor?" after it was all over? It was a really interesting episode, but I just feel like I could enjoy it more by understanding that bit.
    If you approve of Black and White's new Female lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Let's do this!

Image from Preview of DP 189

Nice. LIke others said, 'Meeting and a Parting'.........great tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    Did the Old Lady give Brock a "Lava Cookie".
    Yep, but I havent a clue what he did with it.
    Last edited by d4rk_tailed; 3rd September 2010 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by d4rk_tailed View Post
    Nice. LIke others said, 'Meeting and a Parting'.........great tune.

Yep, but I havent a clue what he did with it.

Pichu didn't like the raw berry, so Brock used the Lava Cookie and smashed it, along with the berry and he mixed it together.
    If you approve of Black and White's new Female lead Iris, put this in your sig(started by TrainerOfLegend)

Let's do this!

so basically the tentacruel were ticked off thanks to Team Rocket searching for treasure underwater? Well, basically it's James fault due to thrashing his way into the tentacruel and suddenly ambush them.

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerOfLegend View Post
    Pichu didn't like the raw berry, so Brock used the Lava Cookie and smashed it, along with the berry and he mixed it together.
    Oh so that green mush mix was a cocktail of that cookie and berry? Sounds decent cheers.

I liked seeing all the baby pokemon and Brock did a great job of taking care of them after they were poisoned by the Tentacruel.

I'm also happy that Happiny evolved into Chansey.

This was a very nice episode.

Quote Originally Posted by d4rk_tailed View Post
    Oh so that green mush mix was a cocktail of that cookie and berry? Sounds decent cheers.
    He mixed the cookie and berries together in a blender to make a pink smoothie which was in the bottle he gave Pichu. I have absolutely no idea what that green mush was.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I didn't really like it. I'm all for Brock-centered episodes and events and all that, but this was like an insult. Why now of all times? Why give him the inspiration to be a doctor right when the DP saga is about to end? It seemed like terrible timing, like the writers had nothing better to do with his character so they gave him a new dream all of a sudden. Happiny evolved and proved itself useful once more, but I don't think it will ever appear again so what's the point? Brock finally gets character development, right at the end of the saga. It's too bad, not the best episode, 4/10
    Why now? Obviously because DP is ending. It wasn't all of a sudden at all. It's the end of the saga, it's time to send characters off, and 90% fandom predicted this long ago.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Although this ep wasn't as good as it could have been, (let's be honest, this would have been a painfully bad filler if we didn't know Brock was leaving), but it served its purpose.

I wish Brock got more screentime.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Although this ep wasn't as good as it could have been, (let's be honest, this would have been a painfully bad filler if we didn't know Brock was leaving), but it served its purpose.

I wish Brock got more screentime.
    nah it would of been a very interesting filler if brock wasn't leaving with him leaving it was just that much better.

sigh i'll miss brock so much

Quote Originally Posted by magicallypuzzled View Post
    sigh i'll miss brock so much
    You have 620 eps with Brock to rewatch. Granted he doesn't do anything in about 85% of them.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Why now? Obviously because DP is ending. It wasn't all of a sudden at all. It's the end of the saga, it's time to send characters off, and 90% fandom predicted this long ago.
    Do people ignore the hints throughout DP? Doc Brock? His need to heal Pokemon? Overjoyed in Battle Frontier where he commandeered a Pokemon center? There's more. It's not sudden. He's been nursing Pokemon for the last several years.

This was a great ep, very enjoyable, the BGM was very nice as well
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)
    If you want TORTERRA to make the best ever comeback in Isshu, copy this and paste it in your Sig!(Started by dragonpsychicrules)

Figures, they only do something with one of his pokemon an episode before he leaves.

I still don't understand why they even kept him around. =[
    [IMG]http://oi55.*******.com/2qs5fe1.jpg[/IMG]

[img]http://oi52.*******.com/59u7vn.jpg[/img]
    Doryuuzu Excadrill is the best!

-Brock gazes out at the open sea, aware that his time is neigh. Like a wild animal, his only goal will be to find a quiet place where he can wait for the end to come.
    -Blah blah Ash and co are going places blah.
    -Oh look, a Pichu...and a Cleffa, and a Teddiursa, and...Oh god, they've wandered into a Pichu short! ABANDON SHIP!
    -Brock helped a female without hitting on her? I guess she hasn't hit puberty yet, although you can never really tell with this show.
    -Team Rocket manages to get in a not-at-all-subtle diamond/pearl reference when they see a shiny speck near a bunch of Tentacruel. Really, guys? Can't we let this saga end gracefully, without hamfisted references to the series ti-*looks at title for next episode*...nevermind.
    -Is it bad that I was half expecting James to emulate Ash's badge pose when he got that bottle cap?
    -How the hell did TR get to the top of the boat after crashing on the underside of it? There's not even a rope or anything else that they could climb to get up there!
    -Those tentacruel look smaller than I'd have thought. Then again...have we ever really seen a Tentacruel in the spotlight, other than the giant one from waaaaaaaay back in Kanto?
    -I just love how Dawn and Ash only BARELY care that TR's about to get murdered by those Tentacruel, and they don't care at all once Brock comes back and distracts them.
    -Wait, the Tentacruel were more pissed about the bottlecap getting stolen than about TR roughing them up?
    -Brock? I know this episode only exists to shove you off the show by making you into a doctor, but it doesn't require a doctorate in medicine to go "hm, these Pokemon are poisoned. Perhaps we should give them something that cures poison?"
    -What kind of hellish shipping system are they using where no box has a label indicating its contents? It'd take 10 seconds to find pecha berries if it wasn't for that.
    -Apparently Happiny has had enough of Team Rocket's bullshit and decides to blast them off without any prompting from Brock. And here I thought the Chansey line could never be angry ever. (although I suppose there ARE sick Pokemon on the line...)
    -Guys, even if you don't have enough antidote stuff to cure ALL the Pokemon, could you at least treat SOME of them before hunting for more pecha berries/etc?
    -The lava cookie finally makes an appearance in the anime! THE CROWD GOES WILD!
    -Happiny evolves into Chansey because...Pichu wouldn't take its medicine? well okay then.
    -Behold, the first, and quite possibly last, time we'll see Softboiled used in the anime!
    -...did Dawn just convince Brock to become a Pokemon Doctor by telling him he could always be near a Joy that way? If so, that's awesome.
    -Speaking of the whole Pokemon Doctor bit...since when is that even a thing? Until now, Nurse Joys, and ONLY Nurse Joys, have treated sick Pokemon.
    -And so, an era is a heartbeat away from ending. But one question remains: What will fill the discussion void left by Brock's departure? What will people endlessly complain about now that their favorite target is gone? Will we see a spike in Misty talk(oh dear god no)? Will more people whine about Ash and/or Team Rocket? Or will things carry on as usual, only without "Brock is SO POINTLESS" topics?

This episode was...okay. Nothing outstanding, other than the long-awaited ejection of Brock from the series. And the Pokemon Doctor profession popping up out of nowhere will always bug me if I bother to think about it.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

-...did Dawn just convince Brock to become a Pokemon Doctor by telling him he could always be near a Joy that way? If so, that's awesome.

Is this the literal translation? I've wanted to know what Dawn and Joy say to Brock after he says "Pok&#233;mon Doctor?"

Let's do this!

Quote Originally Posted by TrainerOfLegend View Post
    Is this the literal translation? I've wanted to know what Dawn and Joy say to Brock after he says "Pokémon Doctor?"
    Well, it's not a real translation. I just heard Dawn mention "Joy-san" and "itsumo"(always) after Brock went "Pokemon Doctor?" And then Brock went nuts towards Joy, so...still, take my interpretation of that scene with several grains of salt. I only know random bits of Japanese!
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Yep, Dawn said something like 'If you are a Pokemon Doctor - you can always be with Nurse Joy!' then Brock says 'Forever.. with Nurse Joy' or something.

Lets all blame Dawn for Brock leaving (and of course James for his bottlecap obsessions), heh.

Hmm.. it was a good episode, but I didn't particularly like how they had Softboiled used for the first time on a Chansey that isn't a Nurse Joy's.

I'll always have a bitter taste about this episode as it's Brock's last, but I'm not here to complain so I did like it. I enjoyed the music, and the fact that it was Brock-orientated. I never liked the sudden change in dreams either.

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/3csxu.png[/IMG]
    a.k.a croag

Default Haven't seen it yet but....

Quote Originally Posted by squrtle View Post
    I didn't watch it but I'm guessing it was a terrible episode.... the writers should really have made the Sinnoh return at the beginning with Ash going back to Pallet at the end. Leaving space for a reunion with Tracey, Gary, Misty, Oak, Delia and Max (you know it makes sense) and then finally some battle with Gary before he buggers off to Isshu. This episode was a filler. Like we needed any more of those this series. Brock should go to Pallet with Ash and join the party then leave. I reckon this episode will be called "doc brock.... oshit wait".
    First of all, I personally wouldn't like a reunion and this ep should be about Brock. :S He rarely gets an ep to himself.
    Second of all, who ever cared about Tracey?

I haven't seen this ep yet, but I hate the fact that Happiny evolves at the second-to-last ep. JUST because a Pichu wouldn't take its medicine(?). I'm very glad Brock will be replaced, though. I mean, all Brock ever did was go up to some random girl and end up getting jabbed by Croagunk. It was funny but it got old fast.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    You have 620 eps with Brock to rewatch. Granted he doesn't do anything in about 85% of them.
    as if i didn't know the general number of episodes brock was already in. as for the rest of your post is your oppinion that frankly i am not interested in.

but perhaps i wasn't clear enough in my post i'll miss the endless NEW episodes that were always so much more awesome because brock was in them. every episode made so much better.

i am not one to tear down new characters just becuase they replaced my favorites so i'll give them a chance and try and enjoy them. but it'll probably be an effort while brock was always just so enjoyable with out any effort on my part needed.
    Last edited by magicallypuzzled; 8th September 2010 at 9:50 PM.

I liked the episode.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast