Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Brockster Is In (658)

This episode wasn't too bad. It's sad that there's only one more episode to follow in the DP series, but it's been a great ride; without a word to perfectly describe.

Anyways, I'm glad Brock got this episode dedicated to him solely, and having to help the baby/mini Pokemon. Baby Pokemon have always been a favorite of mine, likewise. :P

What I also liked about this episode was the many anime showings of Items you see in the games. Such as the few berries shown, plus the Lava Cookie from the kind old woman. Not sure if I saw one before in the anime, but it's still great to see Items, as well in, the anime.

It was saddening to see Pichu's fever was taking so long to recover, but I'm happy to see everything would work out in the end. Of course. But I'm surprised that Brock's Happiny evolves here, to help recover Pichu's fever. Though, I'm somewhat satisfied; considering Brock's team has been updated since Season 10.

Overall, good episode for Brock; but not a too bad episode overall. And now for the finale of DP next week. Things will surely grow exciting for what's to come afterwards.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

So, what's the name of the last Sinnoh COtD?
    After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting the fandom. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.

And if I'm ever back, I'm never back for good.

It was a great episode. Brock helps out on the sick Pokemon and Happiny evolves into Chansey. Next episode will be the last episode of Diamond and Pearl, I can't believe it's almost over.

Jessie- Is it gold? silver? platinum?
    Meowth- Rubies, sapphires, emerald? Diamonds and pearls work too.
    Jamies- It isn't black and white.

Haha well the quotes go something like that anyway. Favorite part of the episode right there. Overall great episode. Plus, we finally got to see softboiled in the anime.

did any song play?
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Multishipper / I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunset
    ChatanGo | BulbaGarden Forums | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

Quote Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
    So, what's the name of the last Sinnoh COtD?
    Unless I'm mistaken, her name's Norma Jean.

Speaking of CotD, she wasn't too bad as well. I liked her appeal towards Brock's aid to the Pokemon she was looking after.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLee View Post
    Jessie- Is it gold? silver? platinum?
    Meowth- Rubies, sapphires, emerald? Diamonds and pearls work too.
    Jamies- It isn't black and white.

Haha well the quotes go something like that anyway. Favorite part of the episode right there. Overall great episode. Plus, we finally got to see softboiled in the anime.
    Wait, James said? I remember Meowth & Jessie's quotes, but not James's quotes. I'll look at it later today. I have the episode recorded.

As for the episode, I thought it was OK. The beginning was somewhat boring, although we did just finish the Lily of the Valley Conference. It was nice to see a Brock-centric episode and Happiny evolving. It sucks that DP is very close to ending.
    9/10
        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Teams & Video Game Identities:

Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Another episode of the Sinnoh saga has passed, and this time I woke up for it! I got to say that I enjoyed this episode. The music was great, the plot is fine, and Team Rocket is hilarious. (if only the writers didn’t make the Unova saga Kanto 2.0)

I always enjoy episodes that focus on Brock, too bad it will be his last as a main character. Brock becoming a Pokémon Doctor makes sense to me, as a Pokémon Breeder’s job in the anime is to take care of a Pokémon to keep it happy and healthy its full life. A Pokémon Doctor does that, but focuses on keeping it healthy when it is hurt. Plus, he might get to work with Nurse Joy

Interestingly, Teddiursa was the only little tyke that wasn’t a baby Pokémon. Was Budew not cute enough? Are Togepi banned from the show if they are not Misty’s and/or evil? Also, that Wynaut used some attack with its feet to stop the poison sting. Unless that is Wynaut’s Splash attack, the writers are just making things up. I won’t hold that against them because Wynaut has only counter attacks and non-damaging attacks. Though they could have had Wynaut push someone out of the way and get stung with poison sting as a result .

Love TR in this episode, from James starting this mess for a bottle cap to the trio rowing for their lives. The “Maybe their Gold/ Silver/ Platinum / Ruby/ Sapphire/ Diamond/ Pearl ” gag gave me a chuckle and was a nice callback to the ninth movie. And some people think PUSA doesn’t care…
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLee View Post
    James- It isn't black and white.
    I missed that part, but that makes the gag even better. This should become a once-a-saga gag.

One last thing I like was all the ingame items being used. It makes me wish you could mix up berries in the games to create useful medicine. Gamefreak should do that Gen.6.

Overall, I enjoyed this episode and can’t wait for next week’s as it will be my last as it is the end of Sinnoh.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes:

All Hail Meowth!
    Trophy made by Pika22

If you want the funny pre-Black & White Team Rocket back in the Anime,
    copy and paste this into your signature. *Started by Sapphire Kirby*

And yes, I realize that, besides the Radio Show, the chances of that happening now are less than zero.

I'm busy with life outside the internet; I won't be on often

Just a really, really exceptional episode; the dub was really, really well done.

The real strength of Sinnoh, in my opinion, is that it's shown some really realistic situations where the right thing to do hasn't been extremely clear. Some of Brock's lines in this episode are just so moving. Like when he says he wants to help the pokemon, but he's out of berries. Then there's his extreme sadness when he realizes that he's done all he can, and it still isn't enough; he's out of answers. He does what any kid will do, and that's go to a higher authority, Nurse Joy, looking for help that he needs-he's at the limit of his talents. But Nurse Joy can't help him, and Brock is put into a situation that people growing up are often put in: he doesn't know what to do, and he's on his own. He does the best he can, trying to stay calm and keep everyone else calm (good example is when he lets Happiny feed Pichu, as if to show, I think, that he's confident enough to let his pokemon handle this job). But it's still not enough, and if not for a little luck in Happiny's evolution, this would have been a sad, sad episode. The ending is a little anti-climatic considering the seriousness of what almost happened, but then, I think that's okay-there's no need to dwell too much on the bad things of life.

Those gosh darn Tentacruels really put a smile on my face, but my gosh how poorly Ash and co.'s goodbyes are during the beginning of this episode. What this? Happininy is evolving? Congratulations, Brock, it evolved into Chansey: formerly the best wall in the series until its 2nd gen evolution. It's too bad Brock is declining the offer to be doctor because that could'v made Nurse Joy become his woman.

Sweet episode that wraps up Brock´s story on a high note.
    Script, BGM and voice acting was very enjoyable.
    + James and bottlecaps involved = instant win.

9/10

And finally it is Brock's Swan Song and what I moving episode it was. Not only this it brought everything that brock is into one episode. A caring person who will do anything and everything to save pokemon. This is seen in his quick acceptance to the job when he is asked to help, to the frantic gathering of berries and other items which he could use to make these pokemon well.

He then matures through Nurse Joy's words (you wouldn't expect anyone else) and takes it upon himself to try everything he could from the limited knowledge he had to make these pokemon as comfortable as possible before Nurse Joy arrived with more resources but with a little help from his happiny, woops I mean chansey of course.

A fitting conclusion to a fantastic character, but we still have one more episode to enjoy Brock in all his glory.

Oh, and to conclude my say on the episode, the games reference from team rocket was absolute gold, no I mean silver, or maybe rubies...my opinion isnt so black and white afterall .

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    Those gosh darn Tentacruels really put a smile on my face, but my gosh how poorly Ash and co.'s goodbyes are during the beginning of this episode. What this? Happininy is evolving? Congratulations, Brock, it evolved into Chansey: formerly the best wall in the series until its 2nd gen evolution. It's too bad Brock is declining the offer to be doctor because that could'v made Nurse Joy become his woman.
    I don't recall him stating that he declined the offer to becoming a pokemon doctor nor do I recall him actually being offered. All I remember is Nurse Joy recommending that Brock would be an excellent pokemon doctor due to the skills he showed in the episode. He did state that he had never thought of becoming a pokemon doctor before, but he never said that he was not going to consider becoming one, if I am mistaken I stand corrected.
    Last edited by Orton155; 29th January 2011 at 6:05 PM.
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

^ Yeah, I like this episode too because it focuses on Brock instead of Ash or Dawn. The anime needs more Brock-episodes, and this is one of them.

And by the way, I heard that there will be a DP special focusing on Brock after his return to the Pewter Gym. Is this true?

Anyways...

"It's treasure!"

"Is it gold or silver?"

"Rubies or sapphires?"

"Diamonds or pearls?"

HAHA

Banner by Astral Shadow; Profile Pic by FairyWitch

This episode was good. Kinda was cool to see Brock's Happiny evolve into Chansey as well as seeing Softboiled.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Nice subliminal advertising there, Nintendo.

Good episode and somewhat sad. We're almost at the end. I'm glad Brock has finaly decided to do something.

Anybody have a flashback when they saw TR on the raft in the sunset, to the episode Tentacool and Tentacruel back in Kanto when TR was sitting in the barrel in the sunset? Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Wait, James said? I remember Meowth & Jessie's quotes, but not James's quotes. I'll look at it later today. I have the episode recorded.

As for the episode, I thought it was OK. The beginning was somewhat boring, although we did just finish the Lily of the Valley Conference. It was nice to see a Brock-centric episode and Happiny evolving. It sucks that DP is very close to ending.
    9/10

yeah they are guessing what it is.. and James says. "It isn't so Black and White."

I loved that little tidbit.. like they did before for diamond and pearl before this saga started lol

Great episode..Well this was your last episode as a regular to shine and you did well. We'll miss you Brock you've been around for a long time. was great to see Happini Evolve and Brock come to a conclusion of what he may be best at.

Today's episode was good. It was a good send off for Brock. I liked seeing him care for those little Pokemon.It was cool seeing Brock's Happiny evolve into Chansey. It was weird that all of the Pokemon were baby Pokemon except for that Teddiursa. Can't wait for next weeks episode.
    Last edited by tmega90; 29th January 2011 at 8:23 PM.

I just noticed... is this the longest Dawn has ever talked to Brock or about Brock?

Random : PokéRadar

I'm surprised that it took this long for Happiny to evolve. I'm a little sad that Brock is about to leave again. The plot with the baby Pokémon getting sick didn't interest me very much but I thought that Team Rocket was [petty funny. I liked it when they made the reference to past games and the new games that are coming. It was nice.

Aww, a nice send off for Brocko. Another really good episode, it was neat to see Brock realize he'd make a good doctor. And Happiny evolved and everything! Happy times all around.

I like the bottlecap line. Oh Nintendo, you cards you.

Also those Tentacruel are yet another reason in an endless list as to why living in the Pokemon world would be terrifying forever.

I know this is going to be a bit of a fanboy-ey rant, but Im disgusted at how cheery the dubbers made Ash seem at the end of the last ep, and the beginning of this. I know in his story in the show, he has the chance to travel to lovely new places, so for him it is all sunshine and daisies, but go on dubbers, show me a bit of "F**king hell, gods sake, waiting for another bl**dy league."

Loved the ep though. Is it Gold, Silver or Platinum? Ruby or Sapphire, though Diamonds and Pearls rock too!! Its not quite that Black and White. Glad they kept that in, that has to be the best dialogue exchange of the entire series.

Did they have to remove 'A Meeting and a parting' from the soundtrack at the end though? That was one of the sweetest moments in DP, in the Japanese version.
    Last edited by d4rk_tailed; 30th January 2011 at 12:58 AM.

Yep her name was Normajean, i loved this episode, Dawn had to mention that Brock would always be with Joy, i be Joy hates Dawn now, good gaming reference, I'm guessing Happiny evolved after helping crushing the ice, it just took a bit to evolve.

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

NewBrock (the guy who did his voice since BF), was my favorite of the new voices since he started. He really captures Brock well.

His 5 year stint as Brock is coming to a close.

I really enjoyed this episode. It was a fitting end to Brock's time with Ash. I would have preferred to have seen more of Happiny right before it evolved, as it just looked worried for about two seconds, then began to glow.

I'm not going to type out what I've already said about this episode on another forum. But it was just so sad for me to watch this episode. Although the dub did fantastically.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    NewBrock (the guy who did his voice since BF), was my favorite of the new voices since he started. He really captures Brock well.

His 5 year stint as Brock is coming to a close.
    This is one of the (main) reasons I'm so upset Brock's gone. I really enjoyed NewBrock's version of Brock a lot. He was my favourite out of all the new VAs and I follow his other work too.

-sigh-. I only hope he stays on to BW

[IMG]http://i54.*******.com/3csxu.png[/IMG]
    a.k.a croag

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast