Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Brockster Is In (658)

Quote Originally Posted by datdimfb View Post
    What happened to his Pokemon Breeder goal? Did he ditch his ambition?
    Well he never made much progress with his breeder goal any ways hee hee, so him choosing to become a Pokemon doctor was a good second choice for Brock. Besides, he had gotten experience healing Pokemon already, so it made sense. :3

I do think that Brock's change in goal from Breeder to Doctor was one of Diamond and Pearl's worst moments. Brock shouldn't have swapped goals no matter how good of a Doctor he was in Sinnoh.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    I do think that Brock's change in goal from Breeder to Doctor was one of Diamond and Pearl's worst moments. Brock shouldn't have swapped goals no matter how good of a Doctor he was in Sinnoh.
    I saw it as him finding a new calling that he was good at, which isn't such a bad thing from my perspective cuz he could still use all his breeder knowledge while being a doctor, so it's not like his time as a breeder was a waste or anything. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    I saw it as him finding a new calling that he was good at, which isn't such a bad thing from my perspective cuz he could still use all his breeder knowledge while being a doctor, so it's not like his time as a breeder was a waste or anything. ^^
    I think my biggest issue with the goal change was how convenient it was. Brock just so happened to get a Chansey (AKA, the best healer in the series) with no effort on his behalf when his Happiny evolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    I think my biggest issue with the goal change was how convenient it was. Brock just so happened to get a Chansey (AKA, the best healer in the series) with no effort on his behalf when his Happiny evolved.
    Well I'd like to think that perhaps the writing staff originally gave Brock his Happiny as a way of foreshadowing his eventual doctor profession. But even if they didn't, Brock's new Chansey here suited his team much more than Sudowoodo I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Well I'd like to think that perhaps the writing staff originally gave Brock his Happiny as a way of foreshadowing his eventual doctor profession. But even if they didn't, Brock's new Chansey here suited his team much more than Sudowoodo I think.
    He could've at least gotten it to evolve into Blissey here. A double evolution would have been easy since I'm sure his Happiny/Chansey had a high friendship level. I just think Blissey is more original than Chansey.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345