Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Red really the strongest 'Dex Holder?

Default Is Red really the strongest 'Dex Holder?

Hi,

There's something I would like to know; is Red really the strongest of all Pokedex Holders? I'm tied between him and Emerald.

Spoiler:- Emerald Arc:

What do you think?

Thanks

Red just got back from turned into stone he had to battle right after that. He was tired after all what happened of course he wouldn't be in such a top shape to win that tournament. that's why Emerald won. This is my theory about that tournament.
    Last edited by Dreamingflower; 7th September 2010 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    Red just got back from turned into stone he had to battle right after that. He was tired after all what happened of course he would be in such a top shape to win that tournament. that's why Emerald won. This is my theory about that tournament.
    Agreed. Also the fact that Battle Frontier battling is different than free form.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Well, if you ask me, Red is definately strong, but he does have compitition with Emerald. If the D/P/Pt dex holders were in the tournament, Red might have had a hard time with Pearl's Infernape. I dont know. but i do know this...

I'd pwn Red any day. *snickers and sends out Arceus*
    *signature does not exist. I have no clue when I'll even post again, really. :/*

They were at the battle frontier, so like weren't all the Pokemon set at level 50 for that? If that's the case then Red was fighting on equal ground's with the others and had a fair chance of winning and losing. Normally Red's Pokemon are in the 80's for as far as we know and only Green (The boy) has Pokemon of that level, and I believe Blue's Blastoise Turtley is also level 80. That's probably it.

Well he might be the strongest, but if he has to go up against white, he's going to have a hard time paying attention to the battle.

I think the only indication that Red is the "strongest" is the fact that he won a tournament several years ago, and there's no telling how things could play out if all the protagonists competed again now. One has to remember that the manga has changed quite a bit since his arc. Whereas Red's tale was the only one to do a (somewhat) straight adaption of the game's adventure from beginning to end, with him being the unquestionable star and all the rivals being just that: rivals, subsequent arcs (sans Emerald) have, for the most part, abandoned having the characters compete in tournaments and gave pretty much every character named after a version color roughly equal spotlight. Hell, one could say that Green and Blue used the Yellow arc to catch up to Red's level of focus by that point, and by the time Fire Red/Leaf Green rolled around, they truly appeared as equals in an ensemble starring cast (I mean, yeah, there was Red's battle against Deoxys, but that seems to have been a circumstance of the long-standing rivalry he had with Sakaki since the first arc).

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

But Red keeps getting stronger and stronger he doesn't sit around reading comic books! XD
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Well, to be completely honest, I always sort of figure that the most popular character in any anime or manga is automatically the strongest. I know it's wrong to assume that but in most cases, it's true. I've seen Red battle in the manga since the original chapters and he seemed to be fairly strong. As the series progressed throughout the years, he proved once again that he was competent enough to be considered the strongest Dex holder. He really does have the the necessary ability, knowledge, and skill to be number one in the manga.

And he's also the senior, and very mature.

Good theories.

I'm curious if the original Pokedex holders will ever met Dia, Pearl and Platinum. They kinda have to at some twisted point. I would have thought it was going to be in the Platinum chapter, but that's about Platinum and Looker in the Shinnoh Battle Frontier.

Red's definitly strong, but I think Yellow might be a match with her powers.

I'm proud to be a female Super Nerd :3

Spoiler:- Black Team:

Red is so much better than Emerald, because he actually raises his pokemon.

I think we can agree that in the game, a player doesn't get a lot of repect if he didn't raise his own pokemon.
    BLACK TEAM!
    (I have claimed Honchkrow, the Don)
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/xfnpc5.png[/IMG][IMG]http://i56.*******.com/21l4h6t.png[/IMG]
    R.I.P. Shiny Dusknoir and Shiny Ratticate
        Spoiler:- Credit:

Actually I'd say Red is tied with Green for overall skills.

RADIANT BLAZE ~

Talking

red is ASH

Yes, red is the strongest dex holder because he's like one of the 1st trainers to get a pokedex.
    The thing is, you have to beat him at that!
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Yes, red is the strongest dex holder because he's like one of the 1st trainers to get a pokedex.
    The thing is, you have to beat him at that!
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

I'd have to say that Red's loss to Emerald was most likely due to the rules of the Battle Frontier and the fact that he was only recently restored from being a statue.

I don't think the "level 50" thing really counts, though, because during the Emerald saga they specifically mentioned the difference between Level 50 and Open Level challenges (therefore, the battle was probably Open Level as there was not a method for limiting the level of a Pokemon mentioned during the saga).

But the Battle Dome, where the tournament took place, has the restriction of bringing in 3 Pokemon and choosing 2 to use after seeing the opponent's team. Being limited to a pair of Pokemon each, along with other formal rules, are the sort of restrictions Emerald enjoys and excels at. Additionally, in the manga-verse, levels are not always the best indicator of a Pokemon's strength.

Red, on the other hand, is at his best in a more open style of battle (even when rules came into play at the League tournament, Red credited his victory to his whole team using their attacks together). He also may not have been in top form, due to his recent stint as a statue.
    I can't see his loss due to not taking it seriously, though, because I think it would go against his nature (he'd probably see it as being disrespectful to his opponent).

As for "is Red the strongest?" I think I'd have to see him battle Emerald without the Battle Frontier's restrictions to decide (although, Emerald would then have the opposite problem because he dislikes a battle without rules).

I think that Red is the strongest. As stated by Professor Oak, Green (boy green) trains his pokemon better, but if they battled, Red would would come out on top. I think Red lost to Emerald for many of the reasons stated above (he was a statue, maybe he let emerald win, etc.). But I think that Red battles best in a free-form, no-holds-barred, life-or-death battle, whereas Emerald shines in battle with special restritions. Also, I really want the Sinnoh dex holders to meet the rest of the dex holders

I wonder how Red would handle a team battle against the Sinnoh dexholders. Platinum will use her brains in a battle for a good fictory I mean she really did the battle frontier quick I was really suprised. Pearl is fast so he attacks first and it won't be easy and Dia has his special tactics for a good battle. Would be good to see how Red uses everything he learned the past years against those 3. Cuz Dia, Pearl and Platinum really work great together.

^.^ i say Red is the strongest! Does he have that title of "battler" or something?....i read about it (like how silver has the title/name "trader, Green "evolver"...etc). Over the years time i think he'll be stronger in the manga then when he was in emerald. NOW OKAY i had no idea they had all the dex holders or something go in a tournament after they were stoned until i read this thread! ._. i think he WOULD have been tired after getting stoned...i mean...what if YOU were stoned...then...tossed into a pokemon battle? i know i'd feel like crap ready to collapse from shock or exhaustion (or confusion)! T-T....i just hope we get to see Red again in the future arcs.....
    .:No Longer on Serebiiforums/.net:.

Yes, I think so, but hey, the other Dex Holders are a true competence, too.
    Last edited by Kitsunetsuki; 20th September 2010 at 3:13 AM.

Player's Name: Zafyron, White Friend Code: 1721 - 6526 - 2990. If you want to trade, just tell me!

I think we all overlook Yellow. She has a gift that makes her pokemon evenly matched to Red's.

I'm proud to be a female Super Nerd :3

Spoiler:- Black Team:

^ I don't think it's really fair to say she's a equal to Red simply because of her gift. Red got there the hard way, Yellow's was easy. It's really a cheap/easy cop-out to make her strong, in my opinion.

I think it's depends on what you call "strong". Would he be able to defeat every other Dex Holder? I say no as he has equals that'll still give him a run for his money. Red is certainly strong, but just a bit better at battling than the others. I can't say he's the strongest due to Green, Sapphire, and Emerald showing they can be just as good.

And I always kinda thought the symbol could have been won by anyone and then added anyways since they were all friends. The manga, to my knowledge, doesn't say who won it exactly, so yeah.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

Well, we still need the Sinnoh Dex holders to show up to make a good comparison....

First off, Red was exhausted from fighting Team Rocket, being turned to stone, and then helping fight Guile Hideout.

Second off, it's a tournament. Emerald might not have faced Red. I'd say Green would be the most likely to defeat Red. Green is probably the second strongest, or he and Red are tied. Yeah, I'd say Green defeated Red, and someone else defeated Green.

Also, it would be just stupid if they ended it with Emerald having six symbols and someone else having the last one.
    98% of teens won't stand up for God.
    Be one of the 2% that will, put this in your signature.
    By putting this text in my signature, I pledge to submit hundreds of thousands of votes for Ditto when the Global Link popularity poll comes to the U.S. If you intend to do this as well, please add this to your signature. In bold text. Started by Missingno. Master.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast