Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Red really the strongest 'Dex Holder?

No offence to anyone of Reds lovers but i hate Red he always gets the most attention and everyone think hes the strongest so my answer is No i dont think hes the strongest

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Well, to be completely honest, I always sort of figure that the most popular character in any anime or manga is automatically the strongest. I know it's wrong to assume that but in most cases, it's true. I've seen Red battle in the manga since the original chapters and he seemed to be fairly strong. As the series progressed throughout the years, he proved once again that he was competent enough to be considered the strongest Dex holder. He really does have the the necessary ability, knowledge, and skill to be number one in the manga.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkxninga View Post
    ^.^ i say Red is the strongest! Does he have that title of "battler" or something?....i read about it (like how silver has the title/name "trader, Green "evolver"...etc). Over the years time i think he'll be stronger in the manga then when he was in emerald.
    Hmm, both of you have very good points. Really a lot of people do in this thread. But before I'd say Red is the strongest I'd want to see him battle against more dexholders than just Green or Emerald, like Ruby, Sapphire, Platinum, HGSS Silver and some of the other dexholders really talented in Pokemon battles. I mean a lot of the dexholders are good, and if they were all really into it, in their best form, and in a free-form match I think quite a few of them would give Red a run for his money. Especially considering all the diversities in types, dexholder skills and their Pokemon levels. But I'd have to see a whole no-rules tourney with Red facing all the dexholders one at a time before I could say 100% for sure whether he's the strongest or not. XD
    "But sometimes I have to ask myself this question. It's true that to us his imaginings are nothing but the inventions of a busy mind. But to him, there simply is no other reality. Furthermore he is happy there.

So why, I ask myself, why in the name of healing him must we drag him painfully into the world of our own reality?"

~Doctor's memo, from Silent Hill 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ratiosu723 View Post
    No offence to anyone of Reds lovers but i hate Red he always gets the most attention and everyone think hes the strongest so my answer is No i dont think hes the strongest
    Most attention what do you mean? In the Yellow arc Yellow was the main focus, GSC arc it was Gold with Silver and Crystal who got to be the center of attention. IN RS arc it was Ruby and Sapphire. IN Emerals arc Emerald in DP arc the shinnoh trio, the Platinum arc Platinum and HGSS the johto tri. Red is only the center in his own arcs that's only RGB arc and FRLF arc. I don't know were you get that idea from red having the most attention.

But I'd have to see a whole no-rules tourney with Red facing all the dexholders one at a time before I could say 100% for sure whether he's the strongest or not. XD
    OMG that would be Red's dead. He's good in Battle but facing 12 very strong trainers is even too much for him. Especialy since all of them have different way of battling. Green is equal to Red in battling. Sapphire is good in team work and prepares very good against battles. Ruby is strong really strong same for emerald. Platinum will use all her knowledge to win. Mean we know how easy she got those battle frontier symbols. Blue is tricky so she'll distract him and then strickes. Pearl has fast pokemon so that's not easy to handle and with Dia who's a bit slower behind that's a good battle combi. The other's are good too but I am too lazy to write more.
    Last edited by Dreamingflower; 6th October 2010 at 11:18 AM.

Red is the strongest, his skill is Pokemon Battling. He just recovered from being turned into stone and helped battle for the world.

It's a Forretress, what else needs to be said?
    A video of my friend attemping to jump a fence

While the others probably surpass him in some areas, overall Red is probably the best trainer.

As far as I'm concerned, the fact we never saw the end of the battle means we're allowed to assume whatever we want as to what happened.

I like to think that Emerald got his rear end kicked, but the actual tournament winner gave him the symbol anyways. You know, for the complete set.
    Last edited by BlitzBlast; 12th October 2010 at 6:11 AM.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

The only problem I see with that scenario is that I doubt Emerald would be willing to accept a Symbol he felt he didn't earn by winning. As proud as he is, and as much as he emphasizes the "rules" being more fun than regular battling (this is a bit of a stretch, but I'm basically trying to say that he would find obtaining the Symbol legitimately through a strict challenge to be preferable to being given a prize he only "technically" qualified for as deemed by other potential winners) makes it seem unlikely that the winner of the tournament was anyone other than Emerald.

Whether this makes him the "strongest" or the strongest in terms of using the Battle Frontier's rules to his advantage is indeed left to the imagination.

Someone once told me that, between Red and Emerald, who are usually the two being disputed in terms of who's the strongest Dex Holder, Red would beat Emerald out in the wildness, in an unofficial battle, but Emerald would (and did) beat Red in an official battle, with rules and all that good stuff. Between the two, I must say I have more respect for Emerald's battling style, because the Battle Frontier bouts are much tougher than anything else in-game. Sure, I know PokeSpecial isn't completely "game-like" in its universe, but that's all I have to go on.

Oh, but since Red has more experience than Emerald and has been training for longer, I suppose that could count for something. Maybe Emerald just fluked the hell out, or used cheap methods like Explode, Destiny Bond, etc.. XD
    I'm looking to boost my Join Avenue. I'm offering free Starters (Bulbasaur through Oshawott) for Gen V games. Genders, Natures, nicknames and Pokerus are all requestable. I can also guarantee one perfect IV if you want a specific Nature, and two if you don't. All are legitimate (non-hacked, non-RNG and non-cloned). Please keep requests reasonable; I'm happy to trade you two or three Starters in one session, but anything more and I'll generally ask you to wait until the next day. PM me if you're interested, and I'll usually get back to you within 24 hours.

Pokemon White 2 FC: 1336 0839 8807

Of course he's stronger than anyone that identify various pokemon and he's also the strongest trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxedLunch View Post
    Someone once told me that, between Red and Emerald, who are usually the two being disputed in terms of who's the strongest Dex Holder, Red would beat Emerald out in the wildness, in an unofficial battle, but Emerald would (and did) beat Red in an official battle, with rules and all that good stuff.
    There are very few rules in official pokemon battles in Special beyond "don't kill anyone".

So yeah.

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

>_<

Well, I think that Red is the strongest trainer. Emerald uses pokemon from the battle frontier too, which means he wouldn't be training day after day on a mountain top, or possibly any place else for that matter. Anyway, Red has enough courage to kill
    pokemon! Does Emerald? I think not! I've only read the kanto ones by the way, so don't go saying "but (insert name here) killed a pokemon too!" I've just read info of Serebii.

Quote Originally Posted by FireTheAbsolLord View Post
    Anyway, Red has enough courage to kill
    pokemon!
    Red killed a pokemon when and why? You really need to read the manga good Red is the kind of guy that would never want to hurt a pokemon without a reason like battling, but never killing 1 that's more for team rocket or aqua and magma or galactic. Red is against killing pokemon. he never battles a pokemon if that pokemon has a disadvance not in types but more like the pokemon is already hurt from another battle or was already poisened or sick. he mentioned that a lot in the manga that he wants an fair and square battle like when he met Giovanni fir the first time in vol 1 Ithink it was after he battle 2 magmars, in vol 3 the battle in viridian against giovanni and when he fought with mewtwo against giovanni and deoxys. SO I don't think he would be able to kill a pokemon. He does has the courage to hurt himself if it is needed to stop the enemy.
    Last edited by Dreamingflower; 13th October 2010 at 2:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamingflower View Post
    Red killed a pokemon when and why? You really need to read the manga good Red is the kind of guy that would never want to hurt a pokemon without a reason like battling, but never killing 1 that's more for team rocket or aqua and magma or galactic. Red is against killing pokemon. he never battles a pokemon if that pokemon has a disadvance not in types but more like the pokemon is already hurt from another battle or was already poisened or sick. he mentioned that a lot in the manga that he wants an fair and square battle like when he met Giovanni fir the first time in vol 1 Ithink it was after he battle 2 magmars, in vol 3 the battle in viridian against giovanni and when he fought with mewtwo against giovanni and deoxys. SO I don't think he would be able to kill a pokemon. He does has the courage to hurt himself if it is needed to stop the enemy.
    No! I'm sure Red as killed two pokemon! The graveler from the before fights in Brocks gym and Brock's onyx. The graveler shattered into pieces from falling onto the ground after being hit by an ice beam, and I'm sure it was the graveler who shattered, not the ice. Also Brock's onyx fell into several diffrent pieces from pikachu's thunderbolt. Other then that Red hasn't killed another pokemon. I'm sure there dead because Brock's onyx never appeared again, well atleast from my knowledge. I haven't read part 3 or 6.

Brock's Onix appears later on. I'm pretty sure Red didn't kill any Pokémon, but I don't think it really matters. If it did, then the heroes would never be able to defeat the bad guys.

And BTW, I think that Red IS the strongest, but that doesn't mean he can't lose a battle against any other dex holder, since they're quite good too.
        Spoiler:- Signature: 3DS FC & in-game character:

I think it's a matter of motivation. Red's usually in these dangerous, dramatic battles that could decide the fate of the world/his general vicinity, and he fights best when he really, really feels that he HAS to win in order to save everyone. I don't really think he'd be as determined to win against Emerald.
    Also, just because he's the strongest (well, I think he is) doesn't mean he's undefeatable. Besides, Emerald probably bested him with some tricky tactics, while Red's more of a straightforward battler.

Nope, its Touya.

Quote Originally Posted by auteur View Post
    Brock's Onix appears later on. I'm pretty sure Red didn't kill any Pokémon, but I don't think it really matters. If it did, then the heroes would never be able to defeat the bad guys.

And BTW, I think that Red IS the strongest, but that doesn't mean he can't lose a battle against any other dex holder, since they're quite good too.
    Oh, okay. I haven't read the manga in months and I have only read 1, 2, 4, and 5. But I'm pretty sure the gravelor died. It shattered into pieces.....but thats only one pokemon from my knowledge. But still, Red is the strongest in my opinion, but the others wouldn't be so weak either, so they'd still make a good match.

Brock's Onix shows up in Yellow while he's defending Pewter City, and in G/S when he battles Jasmine.

As for Graveler, it's probably fine as well. Onix used Rock Throw by actually seperating itself into pieces, so it's likely that's what all rock pokemon actuall do. As such, Graveler can probably just re-attach itself.

The only pokemon to have actually died are probably those Magmar.

>_<

I bet you Red was so tired, he just said, "Ah, just let the kid have his moment".
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Christianity is a Relationship with our true God, Jesus. It's not a Religion. Copy and paste If you agree

Registeel is mine, yay!

Adventure of Adventureness & Awesome of Awesomeness: Smashing the 4th wall into gazillion pieces since 2010. - Sig too long, so Mod a cropped it

I don't think Red's the strongest. Not even in the FR/LG Arc.

^ I agree. He's strong, just the strongest
    "I know, too, that death is the only god that comes when called." Robert Zelazny

3DS Friend code: 1650-1704-4324
    Safari: Bug type. Masquerain, Ledyba, Pinsir.

Pokemon Trade Offers (5th generation):

*FT: Shiny creation trio (Giratina/Palkia/Dialga), HA Kami Trio, Reshiram and Zekrom.
    *Looking for legitimate legendary or shiny Pokemon.

Animal Crossing Dream Address: 5300-3515-7188

Twitter: @ReallyEmily5
    Believe it or not, I'm a girl.

Actually I think that Yellow might be stronger because in the Firered Leafgreen chapter Sird said that because she made herself in tune with her pokemon or whatever, she would defeat them. Apparently all her pokemon levels were boosted into the 80s, enough to match Red, Green and Blue.

I would say yes he is the strongest out of all of them in the books he has about level 70-80 Pokemon and in heart gold soul silver I had the hardest time beating him!

I have claimed a Golbat!

I don't think there's a strongest Pokedex Holder.
    Quite a number are strong, almost equally strong imo.
    "I want you to make me a stepping stone so everyone can shine…!"

Ice Friend Safari - Snover / Bergmite / Cloyster
    Current and temporary Friend Safari is Grass - Tangela / Swadloon / Maractus

I thought emerald beat him in the Battle frontier saga?

For the love of crap.

Make a new thread instead of bumping one from two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by battlemaster123 View Post
    I thought emerald beat him in the Battle frontier saga?
    Just because someone can beat you in battle doesn't make them stronger than you. We never saw how the battle gone, so it means nothing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast