Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Memories Are Made Of Bliss! (659)

Quote Originally Posted by Haunter227 View Post
    I assume Cyber means, the writers actually inteded the character to leave which indeed has happened with Brock twice.

For Ash departing from Hoenn leaving May, she was intended to return for BF, her true departure was at the end of AG.
    True, although he's right that the Hoenn group splits up after Hoenn, and they all reunite in the span of 2 episodes. And the writers always planned that too, so its nothing important.

You can technically say Brock left 4 times then, if you count his goodbye at the end of Johto...and then at the end of AG. Hell even his goodbye at the end of Johto was more emotional than the DP one.

i will miss DP that was my fav pokemon sereise..... and Dawn i will miss you so much! goodbye.. AHH again a sad ending of era! first Misty gone then May gone and now Dawn too ahh!! i hate sad ending!!
    My Dawn Team:

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    True, although he's right that the Hoenn group splits up after Hoenn, and they all reunite in the span of 2 episodes. And the writers always planned that too, so its nothing important.

You can technically say Brock left 4 times then, if you count his goodbye at the end of Johto...and then at the end of AG. Hell even his goodbye at the end of Johto was more emotional than the DP one.
    Agreed, it didn't even feel like it was Brock's final episode, excluding his special.
    This episode is too depressing to watch and it really makes me miss Dawn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Eh not really, the writers planned for Brock to stay around through AG and DP.

In the anime, it was portrayed that he may not return, but he always ended up doing so.

It's a shame his departure was so fast paced, but I did enjoy that 1 minute of friendship between both him and Ash.

I was never really able to bring myself to watch this episode...Seeing Piplup and Pikachu tear up like that...man, I really need to watch both versions (dub and original) All I can say was this was an end to a pretty good era in Pokemon history
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Why exactly can't Ash get this little guy?
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

WOW, it's amazing how much changed after this episode. No Brock after 12 of 13 seasons, no more Wobbuffet, no more comic relief Team Rocket, no more Team Rocket pokemon joining the motto, no more blasting off, no more contests, much less recurring old characters and pre-Unova pokmeon. Oy. I do like Cilan, I do LOVE the new Team Rocket, I do love the new motto, but we lost so much. The thing I miss the most about pre-Unova is the recurring characters. I would kill to see Butch and Cassidy or Gary again. And definitely Paul.

Regardless, it was a great sendoff for Brock. And at least we'll be seeing Dawn against shortly.

9/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by *futachimaru* View Post
    I thought that he would challenge dialga and lose, and he would say "i will keep getting stronger"
    Err? What? Things don't work that way... This was a down to earth episode, a really good one to conclude with peace the whole DP Era.

These goodbye episodes always feel downplayed once the character shows up again in the next arc. Mainly because they show up so soon again rather than being gone for years.

Hopefully Piplup doesn't cry when Dawn splits again later on in BW2.

These goodbye episodes always feel downplayed once the character shows up again in the next arc. Mainly because they show up so soon again rather than being gone for years.

Hopefully Piplup doesn't cry when Dawn splits again later on in BW2.
    Dawn is not Misty, Cyber. She's actually popular so its only natural she wouldn't be gone for years. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Dawn is not Misty, Cyber. She's actually popular so its only natural she wouldn't be gone for years. :P
    What I mean though is, it doesn't feel that long ago that this episode aired. I know it was nearly 2 years ago in real life, but it doesn't feel that way for some reason.

What I mean though is, it doesn't feel that long ago that this episode aired. I know it was nearly 2 years ago in real life, but it doesn't feel that way for some reason.
    Oh well, to each its own. I'm not going to change my opinion on an episode I loved merely because a character is coming back. :/

Rewatched the episode, cried even more than I did last time. Seriously so heartwrenching, one of my favourite anime episodes of all time. When Dawn said to Piplup "You're a big boy..." the tears came. I felt so immensely proud of Dawn and Piplup. Dawn and Ash's final high-five and Piplup and Pikachu's hug was heartbreaking, I couldn't stop sobbing. Such a wonderful end to the Diamond and Pearl saga, I love the trio so much. Dawn and Brock are immensely missed.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

This episode was so depressing! Even now when I watch it I still can't hold my tears, so I always watch this episode if I need I good cry.
    I'm such a baby...

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

This episode is heart-tearing...An end to such a great saga with awesome characters and music...

Overall a great way to end the Sinnoh Saga. Even if Piplup is not one of my favorites, he still managed to make me shed tears... ;~;
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

I thought I was the only one who cried... DP was the best ever ;-( Piplup is my favorite and whenever it cries I feel like crying too. I watched it like twice, and I learned to get tissue for the second time.

Daijoubu! *sniff*

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

It's just odd Brock wasn't given a big send off given how long he lasted. Oh well.
    After all of the send offs he had, does he really need a bigger one? Let it go Cyber.

My ideal battle ever!

Gosh, this episode brings tears to my eyes sometimes. Piplup and Pikachu crying...I can never contain myself. The BGM Music in this episode was fantastic.

11/10

This episode was randomly on TV today, and it still manages to get me teary-eyed, even after the DP Trio being broken up for so long. I hope that the finale of Best Wishes can deliver as much as this episode.

Spoiler:- Alpha Sapphire Progress:

Quote Originally Posted by Navarch View Post
    Gosh, this episode brings tears to my eyes sometimes. Piplup and Pikachu crying...I can never contain myself. The BGM Music in this episode was fantastic.

11/10
    All the feels man. ALL THE FEELS. That's all I can say about this episode. Very good sendoff and farewell 10/10

Great way to end Sinnoh. I cry everytime I watch it :P 10/10

This was a fitting way for Sinnoh to end. This is one of the few episodes that made me a bit teary, partly for Dawn, but mainly for Brock. I know people really started thinking Brock was boring, but I never thought so. He was intelligent, caring, and kind. It's hard to let go of a character that stuck around since episode FIVE (minus OI). Brock...you race ambiguous, awesome, squinty eyed cook, you will be missed. By the way, I think the writers did a good job with Brock's goodbye. Thing is, the episode was sad enough. It would've been really depressing if Brock had some emotional crying sendoff. The handshake served its' purpose, and it showed that both Ash and Brock care about each other, but are confident that they will follow their dreams no matter what.

Overall, great, emotional episode. 10/10
    It's not about winning; it's the rivers you cross.

So, don't suppose that beautiful piano piece at the end (heard when Ash and Brock say their goodbyes) that sounds vaguely like Pallet Town's theme is actually available anywhere?

question, does anyone know the name of the theme when brock and ash say goodbye at the end?
    Friends are family you choose

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    So, don't suppose that beautiful piano piece at the end (heard when Ash and Brock say their goodbyes) that sounds vaguely like Pallet Town's theme is actually available anywhere?
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersonicbro View Post
    question, does anyone know the name of the theme when brock and ash say goodbye at the end?

This is the song.

It's an instrumental of Friend's Anniversary from Pikachu and Pichu.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast