Page 1 of 858 123451151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

Default Pokemon Black and White Speculation/Wishlist

This thread is the worst thread on the forum and is a complete detriment to everything intelligent. But, since I suppose there's no getting rid of it anytime soon, we can at least make some ground rules for the thread.

1) All SPPf general rules apply. Obvious enough, no double-posting, spamming, mini-modding, or any stupid stuff like that.
    2) No flaming. Do not flame people for their ideas or anything like that, or you'll get in big trouble. Remember, the report button exists for a reason, and if there's something REALLY out of hand, pm a moderator of the section or an active supermod/admin.
    3) Make substantial posts. This includes, but is not limited to:
    -No quoting a post just to say "I agree." If you agree with someone else and want to discuss their idea, elaborate. Just saying you agree with them is spam.
    -No one-liners or posts without any substance. We're not going to do a strict 3 sentences quota like HgSs, but if your post doesn't really contribute anything, you'll probably be infracted.
    -Don't post the same ideas over and over again. Post your idea once and be done with it. You can discuss things further, but if no one replied to your idea the first time, they won't reply to it again. Note that if a new thread is started and you posted in the old thread, you may bring up the same idea again, but other than that, don't do it.
    4) Don't post false rumors. If you have a picture you think might be real, first check and see it hasn't already been proven false, like the many fake starters, fake farfetch'd/delibird evo, etc. If you don't see that it's already been proven false, then post the source where you found the image before posting it.

Speculate away, but do so intelligently if you don't want to be infracted

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Being able to customize your character should be in the game.
    Pokémon should follow you again, but this would be a given option.
    FEED

Is this a wish list as well? Just wondering why you made a new one when the old one was ok.

Well as the title is speculation, I don't think they will add a new evolution method. If they do then it will be overkill on that note, if they do add one then it might be something along the lines of "you battle this type of pokemon and you evolve".

Edit; Above poster, on the other hand if they add in customizable characters then there won't be enough room on the cartridge for a bigger game and the other "stuff"
    Last edited by S.Bustathedog; 23rd April 2010 at 10:17 PM.
    Love and Stars.

Last night I looked up at the stars
    Matching each to a reason why I love you
    The only reason why I stopped
    Was because I ran out of stars to give reasons to.

Simplicity

Some new methods for split-evolving they could use in Gen 5:

1) How about . . . Version-Based Evolution?

Something found in both games that, if in Black Version evolves into one thing, but becomes something else in White Version. In-game a character could say the evolution is based on the trainer's aura or something.
    There are already other version-exclusives, so it wouldn't be "too hard" to get. You'd just have to trade with someone to get the one that evolves in the other game.

What would you get in the 3rd game? They could make it the Black evolution if your ID# is odd, and the White evolution if it is even.

2) Location evolution more on the lines of Burmy (but becoming a split evo, not just a different form). If in a cave/dessert becomes Pokemon A, while Surfing/in snow becomes Pokemon B, on a normal route/forest becomes Pokemon C, in cities/buildings/elsewhere becomes Pokemon D.

As precedent, they've had leveling up on a specific route create split-evos for Leafeon and Glaceon, and have had the female Burmy split into different Wormadam forms based on the surrounding area it last battled in.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Bustathedog View Post
    Edit; Above poster, on the other hand if they add in customizable characters then there won't be enough room on the cartridge for a bigger game and the other "stuff"
    No, there'll still be plenty of space. It's been gone over many times in the B&W Confirmed Info thread, but the sprites requires for customization takes a very small fraction of memory compared to all the other stuff in the games. In addition, a DS game card has a capacity of 512 MB, but HGSS, for instance, used only 128 MB. There's plenty of unused space they can utilise.

As we wind on down the road~

Okay then, here a form of Pokemon I'd like to see. I was thinking of natural enemies, like Zangoose and Seviper, when I considered a Hyena and a Cheetah. These animals often play off agains one another in the wild, with the Cheetah being one of the smaller cats and the Hyena having similar strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Ememew View Post
    Some new methods for split-evolving they could use in Gen 5:

1) How about . . . Version-Based Evolution?

Something found in both games that, if in Black Version evolves into one thing, but becomes something else in White Version. In-game a character could say the evolution is based on the trainer's aura or something.
    There are already other version-exclusives, so it wouldn't be "too hard" to get. You'd just have to trade with someone to get the one that evolves in the other game.

What would you get in the 3rd game? They could make it the Black evolution if your ID# is odd, and the White evolution if it is even.

2) Location evolution more on the lines of Burmy (but becoming a split evo, not just a different form). If in a cave/dessert becomes Pokemon A, while Surfing/in snow becomes Pokemon B, on a normal route/forest becomes Pokemon C, in cities/buildings/elsewhere becomes Pokemon D.

As precedent, they've had leveling up on a specific route create split-evos for Leafeon and Glaceon, and have had the female Burmy split into different Wormadam forms based on the surrounding area it last battled in.
    Interesting idea. I'm looking forward to some interesting evolution methods especially for older pokes. (assuming some will get new evolutions)

Another idea: victory road is getting boring, and since we all want different enviorments, why not make a victory jungle with a large variety of rainforest based pokes? Plus with a large jungle a tropius evo will be almost a shoe-in. (In case you can't tell thats the evo I want the most. That and quillfish.)

As we now have a proper speculation thread and after reading the rules for this thread, I'm gonna quote myself to re-post my theory for the new region:

Quote Originally Posted by KurowaSan View Post
    There is strong speculation so far about the new region being based on the Chuugoku-Shikoku region of Japan (also called Chuushikoku).

I was trying to put together everything that was discussed so far, what I was thinking about and sort of a tour through this Japanese region.

Spoiler:- WARNING - HUGE TEXT:

Okay then, here a form of Pokemon I'd like to see. I was thinking of nature enemies, like Zangoose and Seviper, when I considered a Hyena and a Cheetah. These animals often play off agains one another in the wild, with the Cheetah being one of the smaller cats and the Hyena having similar strength.

I like that idea of a few location-based evolutions, but they should limit such Pokemon, or the idea will soon run stale. An overall more focus on location would be a realistic touch imo, for example introducing environmental effects which power up moves and/or induce different effects based on the location.

Also, I'm curious as to why the previous thread was locked?

My list of what I want.

1. A Dark-type gym.
    2. A Bug-type legendary (hopefully an Electric/Bug combination)
    3. Hatred based evolutions. (I cannot stress this enough, having this could open up a bunch of potential doors for new pokemon)
    4. New Dragon type combinations. (Leaf/Dragon, Ice/Dragon, etc....)
    5. A Ghost type Eeveelution.
    6. A polar bear pokemon (Ice/Fight)
    7. A pure flying type.
    8. A Mantine evo
    8. A Combee male evo

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Fossils View Post
    Interesting idea. I'm looking forward to some interesting evolution methods especially for older pokes. (assuming some will get new evolutions)

Another idea: victory road is getting boring, and since we all want different enviorments, why not make a victory jungle with a large variety of rainforest based pokes? Plus with a large jungle a tropius evo will be almost a shoe-in. (In case you can't tell thats the evo I want the most. That and quillfish.)
    I think Victory Road will remain, since it's a staple of the series and all, but the Victory Jungle sounds like a good idea too. This should also tie in with my hope that this new region is diverse and interesting. And I'm right behind you about that Qwilfish evo, poor thing needs more love.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazenuva View Post
    My list of what I want.

3. Hatred based evolutions. (I cannot stress this enough, having this could open up a bunch of potential doors for new pokemon)
    9. A Combee male evo
    3. I think that kind of goes against the very concept of Pokémon. The trainer/pokémon bond that makes both grow together and such.
    9. The thing about only female Combee evolving is a nice touch relating to real world bees, where males don't have much importance in hierarchy. I don't think there will ever be an male Combee evo.

Well, they've had Camouflage, Nature Power, and Secret Power dealing with the battle's environment, so it seems like they could have more to do with this (beyond location-evolve). Abilities? Advantages for certain types?

Longer post-Elite 4 story. The Battle Frontier is nice, but a storyline after the credits roll would be better.

Or at the very least, extend the Team Whatever plot after the last gym. I find it annoying that you can't fight the 8th gym until you beat Team Whatever's plot (with random excuses too, from the Gym being inexplicably locked in R/S/E if you went there before awakening Groudon/Kyogre to a power outage and a Ragecandy salesman who wants you to sight-see). The plot continued into the 8th Gym with Giovanni, but you still had the locked gym first.

After fighting Team Whatever, having just a gym match and the E4 to go seems anticlimactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Indragon View Post
    I think Victory Road will remain, since it's a staple of the series and all, but the Victory Jungle sounds like a good idea too. This should also tie in with my hope that this new region is diverse and interesting. And I'm right behind you about that Qwilfish evo, poor thing needs more love.
    There is some major potential for them to redesign Victory Road here.

Example, once you collect all 8 badges, you meet at a gate with all 8 gym leaders. They give you their blessings and they give you one final challenge before you battle against the Elite 4. A multi stage path with 8 different zones.

what if you could upload your own homemade pokemon and submit it to nintendo, and if they approve it, they send it to every black and white player out there.
    5070 9269 5462

Quote Originally Posted by Cartman View Post
    what if you could upload your own homemade pokemon and submit it to nintendo, and if they approve it, they send it to every black and white player out there.
    It would never work, as it would be quite impossible for the game to remain balanced and updated for every player.

But as far as game development goes, I strongly believe most of them do search for feedback and ideas discussing and lurking through their fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Indragon View Post
    Also, I'm curious as to why the previous thread was locked?
    Some how it offended someone somewhere. It wasn't up to someone's standard. It smelled funny. It was too big/too small/too cinnamon. The wrong person created it. It was racist.

Go ahead and pick one of those or make up your own.

---------------------------------------------------

For once, I'd like to see some dedication to making each version separate from the other. More than just having version-exclusive Pokemon or a different Bad Guy team, there needs to be a different plot, different starting experience, different path to complete the game, different characters, different everything. Different, different, different.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

I do hope this follows the rules. Quoted from the old thread.

I'd rather not see too many evolutions or pre-evolutions, first off. We don't need all three-stage evolutionary lines, please focus on the main meat of the game- the new Pokemon! Treat it like Hoenn. It only had, what, Azurill and Wynaut? And more pure Steel types, please. Mawile and Registeel= not enough.

We need a Dark type gym by now, desperately. We've had three generations of the Dark type, but no gym. I presume this is because of how evil teams use it- but that hasn't stopped the Poison Gymleaders!

Having played through HG/SS I also want most of the maingame Pokemon to be from the B/W region. We saw too many Kanto Pokemon in Johto; you are unable to get Houndour before beating the E4, but you can get Growlithe, Vulpix and Magmar. It's not fair on the new gen's Pokemon. I also hope the version exclusives complement each other in terms of look, type and placing. They've been good so far, but you never know.

If there is a BF, I'd love to see a Battle Arena, Pike or Pyramid. Out of the Gen IV facilities, my fave was the Castle. Factory and Tower are givens no matter what so I won't even bother to ask.

The returning Pokemon... it is easy to tell which ones from Kanto and Johto will be probably definitely returning due to Nat. Dex patterns and whatnot. Hoenn is slightly harder, because so far we only have Sinnoh to go on, and even then it depends on whether or not the DP Dex or the PlatDex is the 'real' one. I personally think it's the PlatDex, but hey.

From Gen IV, I'd love to see the Snover line and the Drifloon line. Also, Spiritomb, Stunky, Bronzor, and Combee. They're all really neat. Actually, I kinda like all the Gen IV Pokemon, but I think that would be too much optimism. I definitely don't want wild starters, though.

And definitely not a Dragon-type final starter evo. Think of how unbalanced the trio would be. By this I mean Fire->Fire->Fire/Dragon, or something similarly ridiculous. And no Dark/Psychic/Fighting either. It's not very effective when the triangle is reversed, not not effective at all.

And no customizable trainers. You can do this on next-unimaginative-console battling game. The trainer is just a blank slate. They don't need a lot of work put into their appearance. They'd have to make overworld and in-battle sprites as well. Too much memory would be taken up by that.

Is this OK?

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3963-5379

The previous thread was locked because it was created hastily and didn't have specific rules set up in the first post. We figured it would be unfair to infract people for one-liners, quoting posts and saying "I agree" and other similar spammy things if we didn't specifically prohibit them, so a new thread was made specifically prohibiting those. Now carry on, no more posts that arent about speculation :U

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

• Something that was completely pointless that I'd actually like to see returned was the badge case from DPPt. I really like when games include little things that have no effect on the outcome of a game, but just add a little more character. Seriously, I was almost obsessed with polishing my badges.

• I loved the Battle Frontier. I didn't enjoy the Castle as much, but the Factory, Arcade, and Stage were fun because of the different battle styles. It gave battling a few unique options. It's similar to the reason I'd like to see the return of Contests and the Pokethalon. I appreciate having more to do with my pokemon than 'walk to town, destroy gym, walk to next town'.

• I liked having your pokemon follow you a lot too. For both of the reasons previously mentioned.

• Instead of a lot of evolutions to bring old pokemon up to par with the new ones, please just re-balance stats or add new mechanics that make the old pokemon worthwhile. The game has always talked about how you should use your favorite pokemon and not worry about strong or weak pokemon, but seriously, this can be next to impossible. You shouldn't have to be twenty levels higher than the Champion to have a chance at beating him/her simply because of your choice of pokemon.

• And, although I do not actually expect to see it, I would LOVE to see a more puzzle/mystery aspect to the game's plot. Instead of the main plot moments being dictated by walking up to the appropriate NPC and having them notice you and start blabbering, put a few logic puzzles in. You find a note dropped Team X grunt and have to figure out who to take it to. That kind of thing.
    DW list got too long. I can breed most DW pokemon from the forest, sky, sea, and manor, quite a few from the mountain and a couple from the cave. Pm if you want to ask about something specific.

White FC: Buddy 1034 2330 4878 Times are GMT -5
    Black FC: Colt 0734 4838 0690

Been SRing since Nov 2011. 4/11/12 finally caught Twayblade, my shiny !

1. like many other people, i would like to see a dark type gym
    2. New moves (i can't even tell you how much i'd like to see this)
    3. A fairly large amount of new pokemon (at least 100+)
    4. And something that i've wanted since the 3rd generation (Possibly a new type!!!, i was thinking possibly LIGHT type pokemon, which i would REALLY like to see.)
    5. New additions to the battle frontier
    6. Any other new features are welcome!
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/30sh9h3.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i40.*******.com/2jcg8bb.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i43.*******.com/30sh9h3.gif[/IMG]
    "I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink, but they whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves their conduct, will pursue their principles unto Death." -Leonardo Da Vinci

Wow another speculation thread? Aw well, I hope for a new gym cycle, no more rock gym first, and the water, electric, and fighting gyms need a rest. Put in types we haven't seen for a while like Bug, Ground, Dragon, Poison. Also like said two posts above me by Punk Lion the badge case, now that was cool.

Aw yeah. Dark type gym. That'd be sick.
    I, for one, want more evolutions. I also want a lot more new Pokemon as well, but I love seeing new evolutions.
    I think new types would be really dumb at this point. Maybe insted of Pokemon having 2 types, maybe putting in sub-types. Like, idk. Hopefully some one knows what I mean. Haha.
    Um, Pokemon sprite actions anyone? I want my Salamances mouth to open when he's shooting fire. Or his claw to move when he's, um, clawing.
    MORE WIFI EVENTS!!!! A lot more! Like, at least one or two all the time. I love WiFi events.
    More story. . . No more "Teenage boy/girl leaves home, battles gyms, battles Team Whosit, battles Elite Four, becomes champian. THE END." I want a less shallow story.

*edit*
    The ability to become a gym leader. I think that would be amazing. And you can custumize your own gym, pick your own gym trainers, and disign your own badge. But you can do more then just sit and wait for the next trainer. Like go train and stuff, or like, idk. I think its not gonna happen, but a cool idea.
    Last edited by PokeCenterRiot; 24th April 2010 at 12:31 AM.

I've had an idea for a new Battle Frontier Facility. The Battle Court! In Battles in the Battle Court, you have a time limit to choose which action your Pokémon will take (attack, switch). As you advance the time limit gets tighter.
    by Leyniar

Cool Fan art I requested: WOLFMIN PLATNIUM CHAMPIONS

I'm on deviantART!

Page 1 of 858 123451151101 ... LastLast