Thread: Project Valentine (Multishippings, G-PG13)

Threaded View

Default Project Valentine (Multishippings, G-PG13)

*Now featuring Shedinja/Sylveon*
    (Permission given by Encyclopika)

Hello and welcome to my little collection of drabbles and one-shots! This started out at FanFiction.Net as a just a little exercise in writing relationships, extending creativity, and so on. What I wasn't expecting was to end up with a monster on my hands. What happened, you asked? The running challenge throughout this creation is for me to write a one-shot for every Pokemon pairing in existence.

Yeah, I know. Every pairing as in every pairing, cracky and canon alike. Crazy, right? I must be the bravest fool on the Internet to go through with this. Am I aware of the sheer dizzying number of named ships alone? Yes. Am I of the opinion that I probably can't hope to finish this in my lifetime? Also yes. But it's fun, and people seem to inexplicably like it, so I'll keep working at it.

I originally planned to just generate random pairings to write about, but what with people suggesting different shippings, I only got in three. So now, it's basically standard that I write based on suggestions. If you'd like me to do a particular pair, feel free to say so - but bear in mind that there's a waiting list a tad long. Not that I mind or anything. >>; Quick note: if the ship has already been written or put on the waiting list, I won't do it. Not out of spite, but because variety is the spice of life and I'm attempting to do as many pairings as possible. Edit: deciding to stop accepting requests for a while. Keep the to-do list at a manageable length and such.

Note that most of these will probably be more tongue-in-cheek and less fluffy than what's usually here. Possibly. Maybe. I think. Oh, I don't know, I'm a shipping newb. D:

Now that that's out of the way, feel free to sit back, read, and review. There's sure to be one or two that appeal to you. Then again, there'll probably be one or two that you hate. But that's shipping for you.

Spoiler:- PM list:

Spoiler:- Completed ships, listed alphabetically for your convenience:

BAMFShipping // Regigigas & Mewtwo // PG

This is entirely your fault, you know.

Shuffle, shuffle, shuffle.

Just sitting there sleeping … because obviously if you ignored them they'd eventually go away.

Shuffle, shuffle.

Are you even listening to me?

Shuffle, shuffle.

A telepathic sigh. Didn't think so.

Mewtwo rubbed his face with his hands, staring unseeingly through his bulbous fingers. That was just as well: only a long, unending expanse of white would have greeted him, anyway. Snowflakes poured down from a sky of flat, cold gray. They landed gently on the deep, eternal snow which blanketed the frozen earth; they also landed on Mewtwo's shivering frame, and he sneezed as one tickled his nose. With a scowl, he wrapped his arms around himself, hating every soft crunch his footfalls made.

His travel companion was humming obliviously, swinging its massive arms to and fro as if it actually enjoyed this hellish blizzard. Squinting in the unceasing snowfall, Mewtwo glared up at its lumbering form. It's all right for it, of course, he muttered viciously. The great lumbering buffoon. It doesn't have any pain receptors! Some glorious ancient Pokemon this is, without even a digestive system to its name. How efficient this "Arceus" being is, indeed …

If only those Galactic idiots hadn't shown up right then, right then, just as he was about to pry the truth away from the clumsy oaf. Oh, those secrets of creation and power this thing held, passed down to it by the holy llama herself at the Beginning! It had the potential to unmake the world's very foundations, and it didn't even know it. What a dreadful waste. If only those powers could be used at their full potential, by someone competent – someone like, say, himself – well, the possibilities were endless! And yet they were locked within this … this thing, never to be unleashed until the End of Days, or the day the thing gained its first IQ point, whichever came first.

He blinked, realizing he was staring at the thing hungrily. Shaking his head, he tried to focus on not stumbling in the deep snow. But still …

Primitive as this machine was, there was still something fascinating about it. Oh, most machines weren't much of an interest to him at all – some, primarily Giovanni's hellish armor, even aggravated him beyond reason – but this … it piqued a curiosity within him that he normally associated with his foolish, giggling mother. For all its mindless, useless bulk, it had never in millennia destroyed itself with the sheer power. It had never broken down, nor rusted. Its movements were as fluid as any living thing; one could almost imagine that it wasn't a machine at all.

Oh, what he wouldn't give to explore whatever mechanisms lurked within!

He blinked. The numbness creeping through his body seemed to be addling his senses.

What I wouldn't give to be able to teleport with this thing, he sighed, watching himself sink to his knees as if from a distance. Then we would … be able to be done with this … already …

A shadow fell over him as three long, huge fingers plucked him out of the snow. Wearily, Mewtwo lazily noticed that he was rapidly moving upward, before pausing before the machine's dot-like eyes.

"Cold," it droned.

Normally Mewtwo would make some snide comeback, but at the moment he was too cold and tired and miserable to say anything.

"Cold," the machine repeated. Then it cradled his stiff form to its gem-encrusted body, which seemed to actually be generating little waves of heat – testament to whatever mysterious mechanisms worked ceaselessly inside. "Help," it explained, though it probably didn't notice Mewtwo's expression of surprise. "Warm."

And so it trudged along through snow that barely covered its mossy feet.

Mewtwo, facing what passed for the thing's chest, wasn't sure what to think. The buffoon was, clearly, a buffoon, no matter how wondrous its inner workings might be … and yet …

And yet …

He sighed again, weakly tracing the lines of its chest with a stiff finger. Damn, but I'd love to see what makes it tick.

Letting himself relax in the warmth, he let drowsiness overtake him, wondering if Regigigas had a heart.

Spoiler:- A/N:

Coming up next: PalletShipping.
    Last edited by SugarPesticide; 3rd August 2014 at 3:21 AM.
    FF.Net profile | Blazing Frost | Project Valentine | River Styx | Hexachromalurgy | Fizzy Bubbles

Latest PV pair: Shedinja/Sylveon - What if the MST3K guys did Roshomon? I think it would go a little something like this.