Thread: Yowch! Restart time! - Who was the hardest 5th Gen Gym leader/Elite Four?

Cool Yowch! Restart time! - Who was the hardest 5th Gen Gym leader/Elite Four?

(You can include Black/White 2)

Who did you find the most difficult? Was it the speedy Elesa or the defensive Clay? >:^p

And how about the League? Perhaps the offensive Marshal or the evasive Shauntal? >:B

---

I TOTALLY found Clay to be the hardest! I could just about finish him with my Samorott and then he had to give me the right hump with Excadrill. xD He was IMPOSSIBLE! And if I tried to melt him, slam-bam-in-a-can, he'd use Earthquake! >:O

And as for the League, I found them all to be pushovers! I could murder Shauntal with my Krookodile, butcher Grimsley with my Sawk, impale Marshal with my Unfezant and again, brutally maim Caitlin with my Krookodile, Croc! >=*D < clown
    There are times in a man's life when he must STRIP
    - Grey Fullbuster

In Black/White,I only had trouble dealing with Lenora's Pokemon,because Watchog kept putting my Pokemon to sleep with Hypnosis and Retaliate was very powerful if used right after Herdier had been taken down.
    In Black 2/White 2,I found Cheren to be somewhat challenging,mostly because my Pokemon didn't carry any Fighting-type moves and there weren't any places to train before the Gym battle.

I found Elesa to be the hardest Unova Gym Leader in Black since I lacked Ground-types, and Drayden was a close second. As for Unova's E4 members, I've always found Marshal to be the most challenging in B/W.

From what I remember, I found Lenora to be the most challenging in B/W because I lacked a Normal resist and a Fighting-type at the times I faced her. While some Pokemon that fit those roles were available at that point in the game, I did not use any of them at my teams at those points. I also found Cilan to be really hard in White because I played really stupidly against him and actually had to reset my game once to avoid an embarassing loss.
    I don't recall having any major difficulties against any of the Gym Leaders in B/W2, but I might have had and just forgotten about it, not sure. Don't feel like looking it up at the moment either.
    For the E4 in both pairs, I don't remember finding them that troublesome the first times I faced them, but during the rematches in B/W2 on Challenge Mode, I always found Shauntal's Chandelure to be scary. While things with Choice items can be played around easily, it was still very fast and strong to the point where it could usually take down at least one of my own Pokemon before I could beat it.
    Last edited by Kalosian; 6th April 2015 at 11:29 PM. Reason: phrasing

I'm not a pony who really has a whole lot to say
    And all I want to know is that everything's okay
    But some ponies have so many pieces and they're so hard to see
    That all I can do is try to watch until they come back to me

Lenora was annoying in White, but that's partly because I wasn't fond of any of the fighting pokemon in gen V besides the legendary trio so I just used oshawott to take out herdier, then sheer numbers of growling purrlions and pidove. Almost stopped my itemless run for that hypnosis watchhog though.

Easiest was Caitlin, you could so easily sweep her team by using a zoroark in the front and a fighting type in the back, then just watch them her entire team use psychic on you and fail while you nail them with any super effective dark move.
    Last edited by Aduro; 6th April 2015 at 7:22 PM.

BW... I remember only having issues with Lenora. They were solved by adding Throh to the team.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
        Spoiler:- VO stuff:

Spoiler:- ASB stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Aduro View Post
    Lenora was annoying in White, but that's partly because I wasn't fond of any of the fighting pokemon in gen V
    I didn't use any Fighting-types against her either; I simply leveled up my team a lot before challenging her. She was a challenge for me in White, but not as much as Elesa was. :x

Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    I didn't use any Fighting-types against her either; I simply leveled up my team a lot before challenging her. She was a challenge for me in White, but not as much as Elesa was. :x
    I found Elesa not to be too difficult, just get a moxie sandile, teach it rock tomb and a ground move and you can sweep through the whole gym. Maybe grab a boldore and a drilbur for backup.

Meh. I never had an issue with Elesa. Then again, my Emboar was about 5-8 levels higher than her team, and Heat Crash was deadly.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
        Spoiler:- VO stuff:

Spoiler:- ASB stuff:

The Striaton Gym was a bit challenging for me when I played BW for the first time. I had difficulty taking down Chili's Pansear because I had mainly raised just my starter at that point in the game. I did get the Panpour from the Dreamyard but I got lazy and didn't train it much, so it got owned in the Gym battle. XD

I've never really struggled that much with the Unova Elite Four, but Marshal was definitely the hardest for me on both pairs of Unova games. Sawk's Sturdy could be really annoying and Fighting types just tend to give me more trouble than other types.
    ~ * * ~

Shauntal. She beated me twice or thrice can't recall
    I'm a member seeking to be the very best! Lol

And here is my friend code: 2723-8304-1972

And i really like battling so please pm me if you want do to a pokemon battle (but i prefer to do overused battles)

Also see my shop
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ade-of-course)

- Lenora when you don't have a fighting type. I swear I remember her using Retaliate and doing a lot of damage. It was pretty annoying.

- Elesa. She's not strong or anything, since her Pokemon really never did put a dent in my team. But man, she makes the battle drag on forever. Those double-teams and volt-switches.

- Chili and Cilan. The Striaton gym is the hardest when I don't take the monkey from the Dreamyard. I'll only take it if I'm facing Cress, because Pansage/Simisage is the only one of the three monkeys that I like the design of. The others are just... something I wouldn't want on my team.

Dipper used Flash! Mabel's accuracy fell! Stan's accuracy fell!

I'd say elesa or Drayden/Iris. Although, the hardest battle for me in the generation was ghetsis in the original Black and White. God, his hydreigon kicked my *** the first time I battled him...
    3DS FC: 5043 1366 9389

After years, I've finally claimed deoxys! Watch your back! hehe...

Lenora. Even though I got an event Keldeo, I lost to her. She's the only one I had trouble with.