Page 866 of 944 FirstFirst ... 766816856862863864865866867868869870876916 ... LastLast
Results 21,626 to 21,650 of 23595

Thread: Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Quote Originally Posted by Inhale View Post
    Can someone please help me solve my problem? I posted here a day or two ago about how the last two times I tried trading with two different people, I got connection errors. So today I am trying to trade once again to write down the connection error, except this time around I am not getting a connection error. All I get is a "failed to respond". I am a feet away from my router, so it is not a weak signal on my part. Does anyone know what the problem is?
    When I've had trading issues in the past, my trade partner and I would try leaving and then re-entering the wifi. That usually fixes it. I'm not sure why, maybe it's just that one person's game didn't connect properly the first time.
    I find I have the most trouble if I've been waiting in the wifi for more than 5 minutes for the person I'm trading with. So maybe the connection to the Nintendo WFC times out or something.
    I don't know if that's helpful at all...

Quote Originally Posted by cabooseman View Post
    At what level do people start EV training their pokemon
    I start as soon as I have a pokemon I want to EV train. Usually it's at level 1 because I just finished hatching it :P
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Well, I got another EV question since I'm still a bit confused and I'm new to this whole concept. So I guess I'll try with an example and see if I can get an answer to help me out...

Lets say I'm training a Level 1 Beldum in Attack and Speed.
    First I'll give him 10 Proteins and 10 Carbos. Which brings EV's up to 100 each. So I'll need 152 EV's in Speed and Attack in order to achieve the maximum. Ok. So lets work on attack on first.

I'll train for attack at Route 1 killing Patrats and Lillipup's. They will be giving 10 EV's each kill since I'll be using Power Bracer and have Pokerus. 150/10 = 15 Patrats/Lillipups killed. Then killing another without the power bracer to get 2 EV's.

Then to train for Speed..I'll just kill Basculin's which will give me 12 EV's each kill with pkrs and power anklet. Killing 12 of them will get me to 144 EV's and then killing 4 without power item to get 8 EV's... making the total to 152.

So my question is... when/how do these EV's get added to the stats while I'm leveling up? I read somewhere that 4 EV's add 1 to stat point.. so by that logic I should be getting +25 in attack/speed when I level up to 2 from 1?....

Well, I got another EV question since I'm still a bit confused and I'm new to this whole concept. So I guess I'll try with an example and see if I can get an answer to help me out...

First I'll give him 10 Proteins and 10 Carbos. Which brings EV's up to 100 each. So I'll need 152 EV's in Speed and Attack in order to achieve the maximum. Ok. So lets work on attack on first.

I'll train for attack at Route 1 killing Patrats and Lillipup's. They will be giving 10 EV's each kill since I'll be using Power Bracer and have Pokerus. 150/10 = 15 Patrats/Lillipups killed. Then killing another without the power bracer to get 2 EV's.

Then to train for Speed..I'll just kill Basculin's which will give me 12 EV's each kill with pkrs and power anklet. Killing 12 of them will get me to 144 EV's and then killing 4 without power item to get 8 EV's... making the total to 152.

So my question is... when/how do these EV's get added to the stats while I'm leveling up? I read somewhere that 4 EV's add 1 to stat point.. so by that logic I should be getting +25 in attack/speed when I level up to 2 from 1?....
    in gen 5 I believe the EVs are added at the end of each battle, rather than when you level up.

During 5th Gen EVs are shown right after battle. So you will notice an instant difference. Not from level to level.

Well, I gave 10 protiens and 10 carbos to my beldum and he didn't get +25 stats in attack/speed

it won't. They're added instantly, instead of being added when it levels up.

It didn't show the stats being raised o.o... did i do something wrong?

No, I think that's normal. I think it's like IVs, in that you don't see the full effect until level 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    No, I think that's normal. I think it's like IVs, in that you don't see the full effect until level 100.
    Dangertrout is right. Each Pokemon has a maximum that its stat can be at each level. So for a level 1 Beldum, its max Attack might be 6. Giving it 10 Proteins won't make its Attack stat go up to 31 because it's only on level 1 and its max Attack for that level is 6. As you raise the Beldum to higher and higher levels, you will see its Attack grow faster than the other stats. You won't see the full effect of EV training until level 100. Furthermore, even if you have a Beldum with a beneficial nature to Attack (such as Adamant) and 252 EVs in Attack, its Attack will never reach its maximum unless you have 31 IVs in that stat as well. So an Adamant Metagross with 252 Attack EVs with 0 IVs in Attack will reach ~370ish in Attack, while an Adamant Metagross with 252 Attack EVs and 31 IVs will reach ~405ish. (This is just an example, so my numbers might be slightly off, but you get the idea).

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    Dangertrout is right. Each Pokemon has a maximum that its stat can be at each level. So for a level 1 Beldum, its max Attack might be 6. Giving it 10 Proteins won't make its Attack stat go up to 31 because it's only on level 1 and its max Attack for that level is 6. As you raise the Beldum to higher and higher levels, you will see its Attack grow faster than the other stats. You won't see the full effect of EV training until level 100. Furthermore, even if you have a Beldum with a beneficial nature to Attack (such as Adamant) and 252 EVs in Attack, its Attack will never reach its maximum unless you have 31 IVs in that stat as well. So an Adamant Metagross with 252 Attack EVs with 0 IVs in Attack will reach ~370ish in Attack, while an Adamant Metagross with 252 Attack EVs and 31 IVs will reach ~405ish. (This is just an example, so my numbers might be slightly off, but you get the idea).
    ah okay. that clears it up more. now few more question regarding training... does it have to be a K/O hit on the pokemon? and can i give exp share to beldum while i kill patrats and such? or have him at front of the line and then switch to ko with another

ah okay. that clears it up more. now few more question regarding training... does it have to be a K/O hit on the pokemon? and can i give exp share to beldum while i kill patrats and such? or have him at front of the line and then switch to ko with another
    No, you do not have to KO the Pokemon. You can either keep Beldum in the front and switch it out before the first turn, or you can give it Exp. Share. Any Pokemon that gets experience from the battle gets the full number of EVs from the battle. But keep in mind that if you give Beldum Exp. Share, you can't give it a Power item to boost your EV gain, so you'll have to kill more Patrats than you would with the Power item.

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

In pokecheck, when I queue a certain pokemon for download, what am I doing, exactly?
    Nickname: Johnny
    3DS Code: 2208 - 6426 - 2784
    Friend Safari - Meditite, Throh and Riolu

Flawless/Near-flawless/normal shinies for trade (RNGed in Gen V, with the exception of Skitty):2x2x 2x 2x

Intended Omega Ruby Team:

Quote Originally Posted by pwnswitchclik View Post
    In pokecheck, when I queue a certain pokemon for download, what am I doing, exactly?
    i will PM the answer, since we're really not supposed to discuss that site here...
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

What does a pokemon being friendly to you do? Like when you ask certain people around towns in BW, some will say "Oh your *pokemon*is so friendly to you!" or "Your *pokemon* isnt very vriendly to you"

WHats being friendly to you do? any advantages?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonCollector View Post
    What does a pokemon being friendly to you do? Like when you ask certain people around towns in BW, some will say "Oh your *pokemon*is so friendly to you!" or "Your *pokemon* isnt very vriendly to you"

It affects the power of Return and Frustration. Other then that, not sure...

Quote Originally Posted by cooloolcool View Post
    It affects the power of Return and Frustration. Other then that, not sure...
    It does affect the power of Return and Frustration, as said, but some Pokemon, such as Golbat, Eevee, and Riolu, will only evolve when their happiness is at a high level.

-------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    It does affect the power of Return and Frustration, as said, but some Pokemon, such as Golbat, Eevee, and Riolu, will only evolve when their happiness is at a high level.
    Right thanks. Soo whats return and frustration? Lol!

Right thanks. Soo whats return and frustration? Lol!
    Normal type attacks which their power is based on your Pokemon's happiness. Return is more powerful the more your Pokemon is happy with you and Frustration is more powerful when your Pokemon hates you.

To be exact the base power of Return = Happiness / 2.5 and the max is 102.
    Frustrations equation is Base Power = (255 - Happiness) / 2.5.
    Last edited by TDawg; 19th April 2012 at 8:37 AM.

Hi guys!

Well I have 2 DS's and I've made the configuration for wireless etc stuff to both of them, when I go to the Union Room in both games Black and Diamond, the other character does not appear in the other game, if that makes any sense, also, when I go into the Union Room with my Pokemon Black I can see how the little bars of wireless connection goes down to 1, but that dosen't happen when I go to the Dream World etc, so help!

Can you use the Masuada method if you have nicknamed or evolved a foreign pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by D!3g0 View Post
    Hi guys!

Well I have 2 DS's and I've made the configuration for wireless etc stuff to both of them, when I go to the Union Room in both games Black and Diamond, the other character does not appear in the other game, if that makes any sense, also, when I go into the Union Room with my Pokemon Black I can see how the little bars of wireless connection goes down to 1, but that dosen't happen when I go to the Dream World etc, so help!
    There's no problem here. Generation IV titles and Generation V titles are incapable of communication by any means except for the two specific methods.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by greatguy View Post
    Can you use the Masuada method if you have nicknamed or evolved a foreign pokemon?
    Yes. After all, a Pokémon does not lose its OT (and therefore nationality) upon evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    There's no problem here. Generation IV titles and Generation V titles are incapable of communication by any means except for the two specific methods.
    Thank you! I'll use that method immediatley.

Question regarding Masuda Method:

I had eggs transferred to me from a Japanese game, and hatched them on my English game so they'd have my OT. Are these pokemon classed as Japanese and therefore MM viable, or English?
    - Hiatus Notice -

I'm sorry to do this, but I won't be posting in the Serebii Discussion Forums anymore. My account here will remain open for trading/chatting with friends, but please be patient for a reply as my visits here will be fewer.

I've left for the greener pastures of Bulbagarden Forums, where free speech is still allowed and the rules are followed by all, including those who enforce them.

It's been a fun 3 years ~

I have a question.

I started playing pokemon white when I got it about a year ago. For some reason I stopped, and I just started it back up again recently. It's been a /year/ so I didn't realize I still had a pokemon tucked into the dream world thing, and I restarted my game. Now I can't get that pokemon out of dream world because I no longer have it to wake it up.

Anyone know how I can reset this?

Page 866 of 944 FirstFirst ... 766816856862863864865866867868869870876916 ... LastLast