Page 128 of 944 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 23593

Thread: Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Couple of questions. Now, since I'm not getting the game until their U.S. release, I'm obviously in no hurry to get the answers, but I'd still like them as soon as I can, so I can know what to expect.

1: After catching Reshiram, we all know that even if your team's full, the game allows you to switch it with one of your teammates and send that Pokemon to the PC instead. My question is, is this mandatory? I'm getting conflicting answers on this one. On Bulbagarden forums, they're saying you have to put it on your team. On Bulbapedia, on the talk page for the N's Castle article, they say it's your choice. And I know I read somewhere else that the game basically forces you to add it to your team after picking "no" several times. I want the truth, because I just don't want to use legendaries in battle. No matter HOW awesome a Reshiram vs. Zekrom showdown would be.

2: Serebii says you can use any kind of Poké Ball to catch Pokemon from the Dream World, and not just the Dream Ball you're provided with. Is this true? What happens if the ball fails? And are you allowed to keep the unused Dream Ball when you leave the High Link?

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

2: Serebii says you can use any kind of Poké Ball to catch Pokemon from the Dream World, and not just the Dream Ball you're provided with. Is this true? What happens if the ball fails? And are you allowed to keep the unused Dream Ball when you leave the High Link?
    True, I just tested. Also it is always 100% catch with any ball. I catch Arceus in HL forest with 1 normal pokeball.
    3DS FC : 3566-2812-7996

My Safari have :

I can Pokeshift service.

Does anyone know the best way to accumulate a lot of points in the Dream World?
    I'm asking this because it seems like it will take forever to reach 15,000+ points to unlock new area's and Pokemon, or I'm just not doing something right.
    3DS FC: 4656 6166 6273
    In-Game Name: Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Monochrome Twist View Post
    Does anyone know the best way to accumulate a lot of points in the Dream World?
    I'm asking this because it seems like it will take forever to reach 15,000+ points to unlock new area's and Pokemon, or I'm just not doing something right.
    Add as many friends to your list as possible. You're guaranteed to get nine points from each of them via trading, plus more for however many of their plants you're able to water.

Aside from that, it's pretty much up to luck, as the number of Pokemon you run into and the number of times you get to visit the forest is completely random.

Quote Originally Posted by GameMaster0000 View Post
    True, I just tested. Also it is always 100% catch with any ball. I catch Arceus in HL forest with 1 normal pokeball.
    Wow. That just leaves one thing unanswered: The Dream Ball. When you leave the High Link, do any unused Dream Balls remain in your bag, or no? If so, do they really have the 100% catch rate of a Master Ball?

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

dude this game is gonna be so gnarly! ill come back here when the game comes out hhaaha cause i know ill need help
    I'm always down to trade or battle on pokemon x&y. Send me a message👍

dude this game is gonna be so gnarly! ill come back here when the game comes out hhaaha cause i know ill need help
    I'm always down to trade or battle on pokemon x&y. Send me a message👍

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Wow. That just leaves one thing unanswered: The Dream Ball. When you leave the High Link, do any unused Dream Balls remain in your bag, or no? If so, do they really have the 100% catch rate of a Master Ball?
    Nope. Only thing Dream Balls can catch is Dream World Pokemon. They dissapear right after you leave High Link.
    beep boop

How do you add people to your friends list? When you get to the tree in the Dream World?
    I see three people on my profile page but I have no Idea how they got there, or how to add people. D: And how do you trade on the website?
    3DS FC: 4656 6166 6273
    In-Game Name: Michael

Those three should be from your Pal Pad. Depending on whether or not you've interacted with them over Wi-Fi, you can visit their Dream Islands.
    So when you synch your game to the Global Link, you update your Friend Listing in your Profile.
    beep boop

Question Rare Pokemon

Is it normal that you wouldn't see any shaking grass after 6 hours of gameplay yet you found Tabunne in normal grass?

Quote Originally Posted by Kikaider View Post
    Is it normal that you wouldn't see any shaking grass after 6 hours of gameplay yet you found Tabunne in normal grass?
    You're saying you found a Tabunne in grass that wasn't shaking? That's not supposed to be possible. You may just have stumbled upon a glitch of some sort. Are you sure the grass wasn't shaking?

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

I believe Tabunne only appear in Shaky Grass. Maybe the one you found was in Shaky Grass but you walked into the patch while it was shaking, so you didn't notice.

EDIT: This page on Tabunne's locations in Black/White helps support the fact. It lists Tabunne as appearing under special circumstances while walking (AKA Shaky Grass) :]
    Last edited by Lorde; 17th November 2010 at 3:36 AM.

Yeah, I was just walking in regular grass in the forest to the west of Shippou town. I had been lingering in that particular for a while defeating pokemon so maybe the game rewarded me. ha More importantly, I haven't seen any shaking grass after playing for 6-7 hours... Why?

I'm not going to boast that it isn't possible that I did not see the grass shaking but it would have had to start shaking the moment I stepped onto it. Shaking grass aside, I've also noticed that pokemon level almost excessively fast in the new daycare because my Munna went up 10 levels after only 45 minutes of walking.
    Last edited by Kikaider; 17th November 2010 at 3:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    1: After catching Reshiram, we all know that even if your team's full, the game allows you to switch it with one of your teammates and send that Pokemon to the PC instead. My question is, is this mandatory? I'm getting conflicting answers on this one. On Bulbagarden forums, they're saying you have to put it on your team. On Bulbapedia, on the talk page for the N's Castle article, they say it's your choice. And I know I read somewhere else that the game basically forces you to add it to your team after picking "no" several times. I want the truth, because I just don't want to use legendaries in battle. No matter HOW awesome a Reshiram vs. Zekrom showdown would be.
    Unfortunately, it is mandatory that you use Reshiram/Zekrom.

Yeah, I was just walking in regular grass in the forest to the west of Shippou town. I had been lingering in that particular for a while defeating pokemon so maybe the game rewarded me. ha More importantly, I haven't seen any shaking grass after playing for 6-7 hours... Why?
    In my experience, walking around outside the grass seems to make them appear more often. While this is most likely not the case and it is just random, perhaps you may want to try this.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

More importantly, I haven't seen any shaking grass after playing for 6-7 hours... Why?
    I didn't see a shaking patch of grass until two days into White version. The time it takes to encounter them is pretty much random.

Anyway, is it possible to have Pokemon outside of the Isshu Pokedex at the beginning of the game? For example, if I were to use a friend's game to trade over an egg to my game that would hatch into a non-Isshu Pokémon, would that work as it does in Generation 4 games?

I'm pretty sure it would have to be possible. Seeing how the Dream World can be accessed as soon as you get the C-gear.
    Jp Black FC: 3095 4963 7016
    Au White FC: 1678 4835 4799

I RNG shinies and flawless Pokemon. Deal with it.

If you can obtain pokemon from the previous generations in Dream World then trading them to Black/White must be the same.

Does the resolution of the DSi XL reduce the pixelation of pokemon in battles?

Does the resolution of the DSi XL reduce the pixelation of pokemon in battles?
    I think I heard somewhere that Black and White actually don't work on the XL, although I don't have one myself so I don't know how legitimate this is.

Quote Originally Posted by The Phoenix Lodge View Post
    I think I heard somewhere that Black and White actually don't work on the XL, although I don't have one myself so I don't know how legitimate this is.
    It should work on a DSi-XL . At least, the Offical game cartridges should do.

I also heard that the DSi and DSi-XL are DSi game region locked.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

I don't see why it wouldn't work on an XL but the region lock might be real. However, I don't know because I am not using a genuine copy.

At what level does the Pokémon that you are gifted from the guy at the Dream Ruins evolve?

Do you mean the monkey? They evolve through stones. Yanappu with leaf stone, Boappu with fire stone and Hiyappu with water stone.
    The easiest way to get the stone you need would be the guy on one of the wharfs in Hiun City. He will ask you which Pokémon of those 3 do you like best (I think that's what it is from memory...) and will give you the stone for the one you select. I think it was the same order with Yanappu being at the top, followed by Boappu then Hiyappu.

Page 128 of 944 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast