Page 883 of 944 FirstFirst ... 783833873879880881882883884885886887893933 ... LastLast
Results 22,051 to 22,075 of 23588

Thread: Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

  1. #22051
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Ok, i didn´t know that the nature of ditto would help a lot, thanks again. I already send you an invitation friend
    :::Green Solutions!:::

  2. #22052
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Aotearoa
    Posts
    39

    Default

    In regards to the Dream World, is there a lower chance of obtaining the desirable female Pokemon than normal? I have problems avoiding Dream World errors, and 6/7 of the Pokemon thus far I've actually managed to befriend have been male. Just a spot of bad luck? XD

  3. #22053
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leafpower View Post
    Ok, i didn´t know that the nature of ditto would help a lot, thanks again. I already send you an invitation friend
    Anytime! I accepted your friend request and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask! People who do a lot of breeding often try to catch a Ditto of every nature so that they can breed more efficiently. If you want to do this, you can somewhat control the nature of the Ditto that you catch by putting a Synchronizer at the front of your team. A Pokemon with Synchronize, such as Abra, Umbreon, Elygem, or Espeon, when sent out at the beginning of a battle, will give you a 50% chance of "passing on" its nature to the Pokemon you are trying to catch. That's how people catch shiny legendaries (or regular legendaries) with a specific nature.


    Quote Originally Posted by Shigs View Post
    In regards to the Dream World, is there a lower chance of obtaining the desirable female Pokemon than normal? I have problems avoiding Dream World errors, and 6/7 of the Pokemon thus far I've actually managed to befriend have been male. Just a spot of bad luck? XD
    What kind of Dream World errors are you having? In the Dream World, every Pokemon you encounter has an 87.5% chance of being male and a 12.5% chance of being female. This is because females can pass on their nature via breeding, and Nintendo apparently wants to make us work to get the females. There is also a Dream World Discussion Thread if you have any more Dream World-specific questions.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  4. #22054
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Aotearoa
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    What kind of Dream World errors are you having? In the Dream World, every Pokemon you encounter has an 87.5% chance of being male and a 12.5% chance of being female. This is because females can pass on their nature via breeding, and Nintendo apparently wants to make us work to get the females. There is also a Dream World Discussion Thread if you have any more Dream World-specific questions.
    Thanks for the link and answer. In regards to errors I get a lot of "processing" errors and unexplained "unexpected" errors I believe.

  5. #22055
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    16,900

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shigs View Post
    Thanks for the link and answer. In regards to errors I get a lot of "processing" errors and unexplained "unexpected" errors I believe.
    What browser are you using? You could try updating Flash as well.


    | Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

  6. #22056
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Aotearoa
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrohs View Post
    What browser are you using? You could try updating Flash as well.
    Firefox. Thanks heaps though, after a few hiccups I've updated my browser flash player now. Hopefully the Dream World shall run smoother for me in the future D:

  7. #22057
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Putting boobs on the ground
    Posts
    9,631

    Default

    Is it possible to do the current international promotion using a Japanese event Zekrom or Reshiram?

    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    i am this close to editing excitable boy's signature to ITS A JOKE for the next 5 months
    Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I should make this the signature of both sogeking & excitable boy

  8. #22058
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a person View Post
    Is it possible to do the current international promotion using a Japanese event Zekrom or Reshiram?
    I don't think so.

  9. #22059
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Hello, do you know if there is a way to pass the ability from one of the parents to the offspring?? i know the nature can be passed holding an ever stone
    :::Green Solutions!:::

  10. #22060
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    between 2 ocean & 2 continents
    Posts
    9,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by leafpower View Post
    Hello, do you know if there is a way to pass the ability from one of the parents to the offspring?? i know the nature can be passed holding an ever stone
    You cannot pass an ability to Pokemon that cannot have it, the offspring can only have the ability they can have normally. And even then if the offspring can get two different abilities, it's still random regarding which one it will get, not even the mother's ability can influence that, unless the mother has DW ability.

    And even if the mother has DW ability, and the breeding partner is not a Ditto, the chance that the DW ability will be passed on to the offspring is just "high", not 100%.

    My shinies. Just click the links~

    ~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

    My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

  11. #22061
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    67

    Default

    hello to you all, i wanna know if there is a way to determine the type of a hidden power, or it´s just randomly? guess we want a chandelure with ice as its hidden power... what would be the best solution to get it?
    :::Green Solutions!:::

  12. #22062
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    the hidden power is determined by a pokemons IVs. You can talk to the guy in the pokecenter in Mistralton. He tells you the hidden power type of your pokemon.
    best way to get it would have to be RNG abuse, but if you dont want t o learn how / feel its cheating, then you'll just have to catch or hatch a bunch of litwick until you find the one you want
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

  13. #22063

    Default

    Breeding would also be a good way too. Then you can also get egg moves if you need 'em.


    Check out my tumblrs: f***yeahfirepokemon or toofunktodruck
    Twitter: TooFunktoDruck
    and introducing my YT account: LassTooFunktoDruck!
    You may know me in other places as Funktastic~!
    and yes I'm still a girl

  14. #22064
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quick Question how high are the battle subway pokemon's IVs?

  15. #22065
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxguy View Post
    Quick Question how high are the battle subway pokemon's IVs?
    That generally depends on far in you've got, however for the first seven (maybe fourteen) the IVs are pretty bad. For the next two sets, they're improved to being decent, then after that I seem to recall that they're perfect.

  16. #22066
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2

    Default

    where can I sketch shell smash? I'm trying to train a baton pass smeargle.

  17. #22067
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,608

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarEmeraldSwampert View Post
    where can I sketch shell smash? I'm trying to train a baton pass smeargle.
    I use the triple battles in opelucid for sketching. I put a Smeargle holding lagging tail + a pokemon with the move i want to sketch in my team. they just have to be around level 30 or 40 so they dont get OHKOd
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

  18. #22068
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    How is this relevant?
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarEmeraldSwampert View Post
    where can I sketch shell smash? I'm trying to train a baton pass smeargle.
    i use the double grass on route 3 under the daycare. All pokemon are lvl 10-12 so you really dont have to worry about getting beat up (but it can be a bit of trouble to not kill them both before you sketch)
    My FC is: 1118-1633-7306
    Friend Safari: Poison - Cascoon, Venomoth, and Muk.


    Quote Originally Posted by Hozu
    People can be whatever they want on the internet. I wonder why so many of them choose to be stupid.

  19. #22069
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in Orre...
    Posts
    699

    Default

    Hey everybody. I just caught Cobalion and was wondering what would be the best way to train it. I haven't done anything with it yet, so here is its nature and stats:

    Cobalion Lv. 42
    Nature: Impish, Sturdy Body
    Attack: 86
    Defense: 137
    Sp. Atk: 81
    Sp. Def: 65
    Speed: 97

    I have all the power braces (power belt, power band...etc.), so I'm good there. However, I wish to make Cobalion the best it can be, so can somebody give me some advice? Thanks.


    Thanks to Astral Shadow for the button!

  20. #22070
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,719

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aura Of Twilight View Post
    Hey everybody. I just caught Cobalion and was wondering what would be the best way to train it. I haven't done anything with it yet, so here is its nature and stats:

    Cobalion Lv. 42
    Nature: Impish, Sturdy Body
    Attack: 86
    Defense: 137
    Sp. Atk: 81
    Sp. Def: 65
    Speed: 97

    I have all the power braces (power belt, power band...etc.), so I'm good there. However, I wish to make Cobalion the best it can be, so can somebody give me some advice? Thanks.
    Impish isn't the worst nature that Cobalion can have, but since it's lowering your Special Attack, make sure that you train Cobalion as a physical attacker and not as a special attacker. There are several things you can do with Cobalion, but it really depends on if you're planning on using it for competitive battling or in-game, and what you need it to do. In-game, as well as competitively, I think it functions best as an attacker. I'd put EVs in Attack and Speed, or in Attack and Defense. If you want to use it as a wall for some reason, put your EVs in Defense and HP. I would teach it Swords Dance, Close Combat/Sacred Sword (if you don't want the stat reduction from CC), Iron Head, and Stone Edge. Unfortunately, Cobalion doesn't have much to boast in the way of move diversity. You could also teach it Substitute or Taunt if you don't want so many damaging attacks.

    3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

  21. #22071
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    2

    Thumbs up Almost there...

    Quote Originally Posted by dewey911p View Post
    i use the double grass on route 3 under the daycare. All pokemon are lvl 10-12 so you really dont have to worry about getting beat up (but it can be a bit of trouble to not kill them both before you sketch)
    Hmm...that worked for every move except Baton pass. How should I sketch that?

  22. #22072
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Colombia
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StarEmeraldSwampert View Post
    Hmm...that worked for every move except Baton pass. How should I sketch that?
    battle having only smeargle and the baton pass user in your team, the baton pass will fail and you can sketch it.
    My Friend Safari:
    3DS FC: 1564-3608-3734
    Please PM/VM me so I can add you I'm looking for lots of Friend Safaris

  23. #22073
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    67

    Default

    Hello, i wonder if i evolve my pokemon with a stone at an earlier level like 21, would affect its ev´s, i mean, it wont be strong enough or something
    :::Green Solutions!:::

  24. #22074
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    2,865

    Default

    It won't have any affect on its EVs.

  25. #22075
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    A forest
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Hey I'm training a bug type team (don't comment) i have forretress for traps and wall, escalavier for brute force, armaldo to kill fires, shuckle for it's incredible defence

    Any pointers for my next choice

    Name: Wobby
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage



    Name: Buzzy
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage



    Name: Sombrero
    Adopt one yourself!@Pokémon Orphanage




    Name: Houdini
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Page 883 of 944 FirstFirst ... 783833873879880881882883884885886887893933 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •