Page 934 of 944 FirstFirst ... 834884924930931932933934935936937938 ... LastLast
Results 23,326 to 23,350 of 23595

Thread: Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Quote Originally Posted by SamusTheHedgehog View Post
    Thanks, and sorry for not knowing where it was.
    Just one question... Why is it called Nuzlocke if it has NOTHING to do with Nuzleaf?
    The original person who did this challenge made a comic for his run. He caught a Seedot who he gave the face of Locke from Lost. It eventually evolved into Nuzleaf and was basically an important character to the comic even after it fainted.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    The original person who did this challenge made a comic for his run. He caught a Seedot who he gave the face of Locke from Lost. It eventually evolved into Nuzleaf and was basically an important character to the comic even after it fainted.
    Ok, i see...
    on a actual white related question, i see your sig and notice you hunt shinys?
    Well i have a Japanese Ditto (at least i think its from Japan, it gave me its Japanese Pokedex Entry and has both a OT and Name in Japanese, but i hear there are conditions that can make it not Japanese) and my Rufflet breeding in the daycare, but last time with Eevee it didnt work.
    On advrage how long does it take to hatch a shiny, cause im running out of Box Space on White

Quote Originally Posted by SamusTheHedgehog View Post
    Ok, i see...
    on a actual white related question, i see your sig and notice you hunt shinys?
    Well i have a Japanese Ditto (at least i think its from Japan, it gave me its Japanese Pokedex Entry and has both a OT and Name in Japanese, but i hear there are conditions that can make it not Japanese) and my Rufflet breeding in the daycare, but last time with Eevee it didnt work.
    On advrage how long does it take to hatch a shiny, cause im running out of Box Space on White
    You have a 1/1,300ish chance at hatching a shiny
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Hi,
    I'm having problems in the super single battle subway.
    My team is drizzle politoed, swift swin kingdra and prankster tornadus.
    My tornadus has 31 iv and 252 ev in speed and is timid.
    My kingdra has over 100 speed in lv50, but with swift swin it gets over 200.
    However, battle subway garchomp is faster than both my tornadus and my kingdra and kills me with outrage.
    How is that possible? Since tornadus base speed is higher than garchomp's and kingdra is faster than both.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by RayRenan View Post
    Hi,
    I'm having problems in the super single battle subway.
    My team is drizzle politoed, swift swin kingdra and prankster tornadus.
    My tornadus has 31 iv and 252 ev in speed and is timid.
    My kingdra has over 100 speed in lv50, but with swift swin it gets over 200.
    However, battle subway garchomp is faster than both my tornadus and my kingdra and kills me with outrage.
    How is that possible? Since tornadus base speed is higher than garchomp's and kingdra is faster than both.
    Thank you.
    What moves do Kingdra and Tornadus know?

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus ~I have officially claimed Chompy!~

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLucarioADV View Post
    Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

What item they are holding? I recall there's a Garchomp in BS that holds a Choice Scarf.

And don't forget that they have maxed EVs and best IVs too.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

tornadus has hurricane, grass knot, focus blast and taunt.
    kingdra has draco meteor, outrage, waterfall and dragon dance.
    I've really forgotten about choice scarf. I just did the math and garchomp is faster than my kingdra with it.
    Thank you for the help!

uh... what are the EVs/nature on your Kingdra? The only way Garchomp can outspeed Kingdra in the rain is if it's not running max Spe, and Garchomp is Jolly (the scarfed set in the subway is Adamant).

I was wondering if it was possible to use the c-gear to trade without saving. I saw on bulbapedia that trading requires a save no matter what, but I was hoping to try getting some passerby numbers by starting a new game and simply beating up through the first gym. The issue with this is if I were to find a shiny or something, I would want to at least try to keep it. I would prefer not risking it by starting a new game and possibly running into a shiny, but I was wondering if anyone else might know.

Latest Shiny: Gible (MMing on Y - After 1637 Eggs!)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    I was wondering if it was possible to use the c-gear to trade without saving. I saw on bulbapedia that trading requires a save no matter what, but I was hoping to try getting some passerby numbers by starting a new game and simply beating up through the first gym. The issue with this is if I were to find a shiny or something, I would want to at least try to keep it. I would prefer not risking it by starting a new game and possibly running into a shiny, but I was wondering if anyone else might know.
    You cannot trade without saving, ever, in any Pokemon game, in any trading situation. In a lot of cases, you're required to save twice, both before and after the trade.

I'm not sure, however, what you mean by "passerby numbers".

Varanus already said not to and she's smarter than me so I should Listen to her.
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    You cannot trade without saving, ever, in any Pokemon game, in any trading situation. In a lot of cases, you're required to save twice, both before and after the trade.

I'm not sure, however, what you mean by "passerby numbers".
    I'm talking about getting the c-gear on one copy of my game and having it pass by the other one. It would allow me to meet people, something I normally don't do. I tested my theory on the two save files I have (turning off save before IR), and it did not prompt me to save. I'm not sure how the games will handle it as the trading auto saves but never explicitly tells you about it.

Quote Originally Posted by rovert View Post
    The problem is that you don't get the C-Gear until after your first badge. If you don't want to run into a shiny before that, avoid grass.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    The problem is that you don't get the C-Gear until after your first badge. If you don't want to run into a shiny before that, avoid grass.
    My issue with that is white has given me a random shiny very early on, even without going into the tall grass much. It's nearly impossible to get through the first gym without really getting into a wild encounter.

If I'm breeding a male Togetic with a ditto, should every Togepi I hatch end up being male? Because that's what I'm seeing.

Ah, I think I just answered my own question. Didn't realize any pokemon save the starters was heavily weighted to being male.

Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    If I'm breeding a male Togetic with a ditto, should every Togepi I hatch end up being male? Because that's what I'm seeing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soups View Post
    Ah, I think I just answered my own question. Didn't realize any pokemon save the starters was heavily weighted to being male.
    The starters are also typically heavily weighted to be male. The PokeDex on the main site has the probability for each Pokemon.

| Backloggery | MyAnimeList | Raptr | Last.fm | VGMdb | Banner adapted by me from here. |

I have a question about trading/ WiFi:
    On my last Black save file, I remember that the first time I traded with my friend it said that I could only trade on the current handheld system I was using (my DSi). I started a new game, and I'm planning on sooner or later getting a 3DS, but I still want to trade. If I trade now on my DSi, will I be able to continue trading on the 3DS? The same thing applies for accessing the WiFi network, because I remember something similar happened too.
    Currently not playing any Pokemon Games, you can check my Backloggery for games that I AM playing, if you're interested:

If I'm playing a Pokemon game, I'll have my signature display the game I'm playing, current team, and badge number.

Yes or no? Do the trainers pokemon in black and white give your pokemon more evs than one in the wild

Quote Originally Posted by Greekboy View Post
    I have a question about trading/ WiFi:
    On my last Black save file, I remember that the first time I traded with my friend it said that I could only trade on the current handheld system I was using (my DSi). I started a new game, and I'm planning on sooner or later getting a 3DS, but I still want to trade. If I trade now on my DSi, will I be able to continue trading on the 3DS? The same thing applies for accessing the WiFi network, because I remember something similar happened too.
    if you transfer your wifi settings to the new system, you'll be fine. you'll be able to trade using the same FC you've been using. if you start new wifi settings on the new system, your FC will be replaced & (i think) your FC list will be too...

Quote Originally Posted by majinvegeta010688 View Post
    Yes or no? Do the trainers pokemon in black and white give your pokemon more evs than one in the wild
    if you battle a wild patrat, you'll get the same EVs that you would get for battling a trainer's patrat. those don't change.
    Last edited by manniezmoll; 17th June 2013 at 8:15 PM.
    3DS: Lainey: 5456-0840-5985
    Pokemon X -Rock Safari with , , & Barbaracle

Quote Originally Posted by majinvegeta010688 View Post
    No. If you fight an NPC, you will get the same number of EVs from their Pokemon as you would in the wild.

Battle Subway and PWT Pokemon do not give you EVs; nor do Wifi or Infrared battles. You only get EVs from battles from which you also get experience points.

-------

Does anyone have a good Whimsicott with really good stats and the ability Prankster that they're willing to trade for a Lvl 100 Deoxys?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel. View Post
    Does anyone have a good Whimsicott with really good stats and the ability Prankster that they're willing to trade for a Lvl 100 Deoxys?
    You'll have better luck in the trade forums.

-------

Do people use PP Up and PP Max for competitive use, like raising a move with a low power point count to max? For example, I have Blizzard on one of my Pokemon and used a PP Max to raise it to 8. Can it be used in competitive battles, or is it considered a bad idea?
    It's been ages since I last woke up...
    I wonder if anything changed at all...
    Then again, the more things change...
    The more they stay the same.

Pikachu's hidden ability, lightning rod, is so claimed 'available', but when I looked were it could be in the dream world, I could not find Pichu, Pikachu, or Raichu. But then I looked at Black/White 2 Pleasant Forest, it showed a picture of Pikachu in Pleasant Forest. Why is it this way? Can you get him in Pleasant Forest? Is his hidden ability really available?
    By: Nova-Ex

Do people use PP Up and PP Max for competitive use, like raising a move with a low power point count to max? For example, I have Blizzard on one of my Pokemon and used a PP Max to raise it to 8. Can it be used in competitive battles, or is it considered a bad idea?
    I believe it is standard in competitive play to have the PP of all moves all your Pokémon know at max PP.

Pikachu's hidden ability, lightning rod, is so claimed 'available', but when I looked were it could be in the dream world, I could not find Pichu, Pikachu, or Raichu. But then I looked at Black/White 2 Pleasant Forest, it showed a picture of Pikachu in Pleasant Forest. Why is it this way? Can you get him in Pleasant Forest? Is his hidden ability really available?
    Pikachu is available with its hidden ability, however it was only made available that way through special events. Luckily, one of those events released it as a female, so it can be bred with its hidden ability.

Made by Tini (FrozenConstellation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Wow, mention Liepard, and everyone's active. I should do this more often.

Page 934 of 944 FirstFirst ... 834884924930931932933934935936937938 ... LastLast