Page 936 of 943 FirstFirst ... 836886926932933934935936937938939940 ... LastLast
Results 23,376 to 23,400 of 23565

Thread: Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

Quote Originally Posted by Garbodor. View Post
    Yes, I heard having the shiny charm also is good but you need to complete the national Pokedex first.
    But know that the Shiny Charm is only available in Black 2 & White 2, and not Black & White. This is the Black & White help thread, so I'm not sure which game the person looking for a Shiny Volcarona is playing.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    But know that the Shiny Charm is only available in Black 2 & White 2, and not Black & White. This is the Black & White help thread, so I'm not sure which game the person looking for a Shiny Volcarona is playing.
    Okay sorry my bad, I did not know that.

So, I just EV trained a pokemon for the first time recently and after reaching lvl. 100 (FINALLY ) I want to share my pokemon's stats to see if I did it right
    Pokemon: Lvl. 100 Raichu @ leftovers
    Nature: Modest
    Moveset:
    - Thunder Shock
    - Nasty Plot
    - Electro Ball
    - Thunderbolt

Recomend any other moves Can only learn by TM now

Stats:
    HP: 237
    Attack: 181
    Defense: 142
    Sp. Atk: 271
    Sp. Def: 194
    Speed: 287

BTW i put 252 EVS in Sp.Atk and Speed and 4 into HP

Black 2 FC: 1636 5941 1916

i'm trying to decide-should I not evolve my rhydon and use eviolite. or solid rock rhyperior?
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"Well maybe pokemon need friends too, sure they're in competition but they need to be loved as well. It's okay to have more than one kind of pokemon like Tyranitar, if you love it enough you can have another because the new one can never take the sentimental value of the orignal, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

Friend code-4470 5123 1977

Quote Originally Posted by CrusherTheFeraligatr View Post
    i'm trying to decide-should I not evolve my rhydon and use eviolite. or solid rock rhyperior?
    I really wouldn't bother, Eviolite doesn't do much to solve Rhydon's horrible Sp. Def, and both are frankly too slow to become a real threat.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

I really wouldn't bother, Eviolite doesn't do much to solve Rhydon's horrible Sp. Def, and both are frankly too slow to become a real threat.
    I've never cared much for speed anyways. I think I'll go rhyperior. I have the sp def band, and quick claw.
    Yo, fellow Poke' lovers! My favorite is Feraligatr, but I love most pokemon. I've lots of pokemon hatched/caught, are willing to trade some.

LOOKING FOR LEGIT SHINY SEVIPER AND LINOONE! Can breed a lot of pokemon, I have POKERUS, PM me if you are willing to trade.

"Well maybe pokemon need friends too, sure they're in competition but they need to be loved as well. It's okay to have more than one kind of pokemon like Tyranitar, if you love it enough you can have another because the new one can never take the sentimental value of the orignal, but can make new memories to add to the good times"
    -My younger brother

I've never cared much for speed anyways. I think I'll go rhyperior. I have the sp def band, and quick claw.
    The Sp.Def band (do you mean the Power Band?) and the Quick Claw won't save Rhyperior. The Power Band will just increase Rhyperior's Sp.Def EVs, which in his case won't do much of anything, as his Sp.Def will still be too low to matter. He'll still have abysmal Sp.Def and Speed, which is an AWFUL combination. What foxyman is trying to say is that unless you're using Rhyperior in-game, he will almost always die on the first turn of a competitive battle. Your opponent will see Rhyperior and think, "Oh, that's slow and has bad Sp. Def, and really high Attack. I better kill it." And then he'll have his maxed-out Speed-EV'd and Scarfed Latios use Surf and Rhyperior will be dead because it was too slow and had too bad of Sp.Def. to resist it. The competitive metagame is ALL about Speed and priority moves. If you have slow Pokemon (unless they're Ferrothorn), you'll lose. End of story.

My trade shop is now open!
    Offering: HA Pokemon, Egg Moves, Shinies, Legends, and Events! I have game-exclusive MEGA STONES and STARF and LANSAT Berries available for trade!

3DS FC: 5129-1087-8128 Friend Safari: Phanpy, Dugtrio, Diggersby
    IGN: Varanus

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    The Sp.Def band (do you mean the Power Band?) and the Quick Claw won't save Rhyperior. The Power Band will just increase Rhyperior's Sp.Def EVs, which in his case won't do much of anything, as his Sp.Def will still be too low to matter. He'll still have abysmal Sp.Def and Speed, which is an AWFUL combination. What foxyman is trying to say is that unless you're using Rhyperior in-game, he will almost always die on the first turn of a competitive battle. Your opponent will see Rhyperior and think, "Oh, that's slow and has bad Sp. Def, and really high Attack. I better kill it." And then he'll have his maxed-out Speed-EV'd and Scarfed Latios use Surf and Rhyperior will be dead because it was too slow and had too bad of Sp.Def. to resist it. The competitive metagame is ALL about Speed and priority moves. If you have slow Pokemon (unless they're Ferrothorn), you'll lose. End of story.
    Not just Latias necessarily, there are plenty of special attackers in the RU tier that will give him hell.

If you want to use Rhyperior, I'm not going to stop you. All I can say is pump the EVs into HP, Attack, and Defense, his Sp. Def is too low to really make use of EVs.

Now if to say you had access to Sandstorm, then maybe it could be possible, as Rock types get a 1.5x buff to their Sp. Def.

Rhyperior @ Careful
    Solid Rock @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 6 Atk
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Tail
    - Megahorn / Ice Punch

Now in the sand, with max EVs and a +Sp. Def nature, it hits 343.
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 27th July 2013 at 7:37 PM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Quote Originally Posted by varanus_komodoensis View Post
    If he really wants to use a slow Pokemon, Trick Room is always an option. Sure, it can be easy to see ahead of time because of battle previews, but it's still viable. Of course, making the entire team reliant on Trick Room isn't a good idea either, it's still a possibility. Then there's also lower tiers where it can be used more effectively, since I don't know why it would ever be a good idea to use Rhyperior in an OU battle. As already stated though, EV's in Special Defense are still a waste on him.
    Black 2 FC: 3654 9501 9964 // AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Spinda!

Current Hunts:

Not just Latias necessarily, there are plenty of special attackers in the RU tier that will give him hell.

If you want to use Rhyperior, I'm not going to stop you. All I can say is pump the EVs into HP, Attack, and Defense, his Sp. Def is too low to really make use of EVs.

Now if to say you had access to Sandstorm, then maybe it could be possible, as Rock types get a 1.5x buff to their Sp. Def.

Rhyperior @ Careful
    Solid Rock @ Leftovers
    252 HP / 252 Sp. Def / 6 Atk
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Tail
    - Megahorn / Ice Punch

Now in the sand, with max EVs and a +Sp. Def nature, it hits 343.
    Nice, thanks for the input. Yeah, he's in game-I don't care for competitive. In game I can use my slow pokemon (Which is how I prefer to battle). As I have a 74 rhydon, and a 91 rhyperior, I'm thinking about maybe choosing a new poke this file instead. I forgot I had the rhydon.

-My younger brother

I have a question, if you get a hacked masterball, whether you hack it, or you trade for it, what ever, will the pokemon you catch it with be recognized as a hacked pokemon?

Edit: I'd also like to know this in general, as in, is the answer the same for all of the games thus far?
    Last edited by Leonn; 30th July 2013 at 1:19 AM.
    Deli Bird Appreciator - If you think delibird deserves a evolution/mega, copy this to your signature!
    Friend Safari-Maractus, Sawsbuck and Oddish X FC : 0645-6287-8323
    Looking Master Balls, always

I have
    A plethora of Calm Eevees, which should have 31 IVs in at least SpA and SpD with yawn HA and Not
    Stuck in 5th gen (for now)Shiny Girantina, Palkia, Dialga,Shiny Litwick
    If you want more info, Private Message me

Quote Originally Posted by Leonn View Post
    I have a question, if you get a hacked masterball, whether you hack it, or you trade for it, what ever, will the pokemon you catch it with be recognized as a hacked pokemon?

Edit: I'd also like to know this in general, as in, is the answer the same for all of the games thus far?
    Hm, I wouldn't use it, just in case? Where'd you get a hacked masterball?

-My younger brother

Hm, I wouldn't use it, just in case? Where'd you get a hacked masterball?
    I was just wondering, because if I were to trade for a masterball, and it happened to be hacked, obviously I wouldn't know it, and I don't think that you can tell, I don't want to be forbidden from using the pokemon I catch in tournaments and such, official and non official
    Deli Bird Appreciator - If you think delibird deserves a evolution/mega, copy this to your signature!

I have
    A plethora of Calm Eevees, which should have 31 IVs in at least SpA and SpD with yawn HA and Not

Quote Originally Posted by Leonn View Post
    I was just wondering, because if I were to trade for a masterball, and it happened to be hacked, obviously I wouldn't know it, and I don't think that you can tell, I don't want to be forbidden from using the pokemon I catch in tournaments and such, official and non official
    Ah. Well, I still have my legit ones, if you want one.

-My younger brother

Ah. Well, I still have my legit ones, if you want one.
    Well, I'd be willing to trade for it, if you have 1 in the 4th generation, but that is a conversation for a private message, so go ahead and message me if you do

I have

If someone with pokecheck(or any other hack checking device/site) would like to help me with an experiment, please message me.

I have

Hello, I'm trying to make a trade with another user on the forum. We are both using 5th gen games, but when we try to enter the respective friend code in the pal pad, we both are told the friend code is wrong.

Is there any way to overcome this problem (we'd be unable to link our ds' physically) or is this a hopeless cause? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gingerade View Post
    Hello, I'm trying to make a trade with another user on the forum. We are both using 5th gen games, but when we try to enter the respective friend code in the pal pad, we both are told the friend code is wrong.

Is there any way to overcome this problem (we'd be unable to link our ds' physically) or is this a hopeless cause? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
    Are you sure you've got your Friend code Correct when you send it. You need to insert their Code correctly in your DS. They need to insert YOUR Friend code in their DS.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

Quote Originally Posted by Nutter t.KK View Post
    Are you sure you've got your Friend code Correct when you send it. You need to insert their Code correctly in your DS. They need to insert YOUR Friend code in their DS.
    Yes! I've triple checked to make sure I messaged the correct code to the other user and they inform me of the same! That's why this is frustrating, we've both been able to connect with other users fine previously! I'm wondering if it could be a region issue :/

I just beat Black last night and after the credits rolled, I started the postgame like every other game. Except this time, everyone I go against is lvl 60+ and my team isn't even lvl 55 yet. Is there a place I missed that contains trainers that are lvl 50 or 55 or so? Trying to train Cobalion, Reshiram, and Tornadus.

Also, any other cool Pokemon for my crew? I have the other 2 swords of Justice members but not the event one so I decided to only run Cobalion. So now it's just the 3 pokemon that I'm training now that are in my crew. I also have White 2 coming in the mail, so are their postgames very different and unique or would it be fine if I just trained better on White 2? thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Strolling View Post
    I just beat Black last night and after the credits rolled, I started the postgame like every other game. Except this time, everyone I go against is lvl 60+ and my team isn't even lvl 55 yet. Is there a place I missed that contains trainers that are lvl 50 or 55 or so? Trying to train Cobalion, Reshiram, and Tornadus.

Also, any other cool Pokemon for my crew? I have the other 2 swords of Justice members but not the event one so I decided to only run Cobalion. So now it's just the 3 pokemon that I'm training now that are in my crew. I also have White 2 coming in the mail, so are their postgames very different and unique or would it be fine if I just trained better on White 2? thank you!
    That's just how the post-game levels are. I know it's weird, but they really do just jump like that in levels, which is something I never liked about the post-game. White 2 has a more thorough post-game, giving you a better leveling curve so you aren't so dramatically underleveled. There are many more important trainers you can fight, White Treehollow with trainers up to level 80 (on Normal Mode), as well as rewards for completing the Pokedex. Along with everything Black/White offered, there's also the Pokestar Studios, Medal Rally, and World Tournament (for that nostalgia fan inside you), giving you much more to do post-game.
    Last edited by Psynergy; 10th August 2013 at 12:00 AM.
    Black 2 FC: 3654 9501 9964 // AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Most Recent Shiny: Spinda!

Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    That's just how the post-game levels are. I know it's weird, but they really do just jump like that in levels, which is something I never liked about the post-game. White 2 has a more thorough post-game, giving you a better leveling curve so you aren't so dramatically underleveled. There are many more important trainers you can fight, White Treehollow with trainers up to level 80 (on Normal Mode), as well as rewards for completing the Pokedex. Along with everything Black/White offered, there's also the Pokestar Studios, Medal Rally, and World Tournament (for that nostalgia fan inside you), giving you much more to do post-game.
    So basically, I can just skip the post game and wait for my White 2 in the mail? If that's the case, it gives me time to finish the B/W series of the Anime

Quote Originally Posted by Strolling View Post
    So basically, I can just skip the post game and wait for my White 2 in the mail? If that's the case, it gives me time to finish the B/W series of the Anime
    Well, that's entirely up to you, but if you're aren't too keen on level grinding just to stand up to the post-game trainers, then there's not much else to do besides Battle Subway or the Pokedex.

Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by gustavo 14 View Post
    Well, that's entirely up to you, but if you're aren't too keen on level grinding just to stand up to the post-game trainers, then there's not much else to do besides Battle Subway or the Pokedex.
    I may do a bit of training but I think I will mainly just try to learn all the 5th gen Pokemon and get ready for White 2. Thank you for your help

Hi I just received a shiny tepig from a gts trade and it had pokerus. My question is since it is in the pc would it keep the pokerus forever and when I take it out does the 2 day time limit start then?

Page 936 of 943 FirstFirst ... 836886926932933934935936937938939940 ... LastLast