Page 143 of 944 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 23593

Thread: Official Black & White Help thread (Ask your questions here)

  1. #3551
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yaminokame View Post
    It doesn't take into account the illusion :s Whatever gender the Zorua/Zoroark behind the illusion is will be what factors into Attract
    Ok thanks for clarifying. I was a bit confused about that mechanic for a while. I have another Zoroark-related question though: Does damage from an item like Life Orb, break a Zoroark's Illusion?

  2. #3552
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The great grand Aussie land
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Ok thanks for clarifying. I was a bit confused about that mechanic for a while. I have another Zoroark-related question though: Does damage from an item like Life Orb, break a Zoroark's Illusion?
    On the Zoroark serebii pokedex definition for Illusion it say : When sent out into battle, it takes the name and appearance of the last non-fainted pokemon withing your party. It breaks when an attack does damage on the pokemon but not from weather effects or entry hazards...

  3. #3553
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    岡山県
    Posts
    1,730

    Default

    Adding onto the above, I'm 99% sure that I also remember that the illusion did not break when Zoroark got hit by the scattering flames of Bursting Flame. I thought that was interesting

    1978年5月18日 岐阜県で起こった連続殺人事件。
    死者13名、負傷者52名 凶器 ハサミ―。

    Using Pokemon Black/White Wi-Fi Club
    Using Pokemon Global Link

  4. #3554
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lysandre's bed.
    Posts
    47,779

    Default

    Does the Live Caster still work even if you don't have a DSi or its successors? I've heard yes and then no, so I'm confused :[

  5. #3555
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Does the Live Caster still work even if you don't have a DSi or its successors? I've heard yes and then no, so I'm confused :[
    I think you'll be able to Voice chat only.. but no video. I've not tried using any Comunication stuff with it yet..

    I know you do get the item if you have the DS "fatty." But then 4 ingame characters do use it to speak with you..
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  6. #3556
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    142

    Default

    Is there a way to accurately identify legitimate-looking hacked pokes (as in, everything about it seems like that of a legit one; its nature, its IV, the ball it was caught in, its location, its moves, etc), specifically in BW? I've been doing lots of random GTS trading, so I'd like to know whether my pokemons are legit or not... ._."
    Last edited by Ju-da-su; 9th January 2011 at 12:57 PM.
    3DS FC: 0731-5807-5483

    Pokemon X (JP) OT: シオン
    Safari Type: Normal
    Pokemon: Kecleon, Dunsparce, Chansey

    Visit my XY trade shop!

        Spoiler:- Successful(?) MM'd IV'd shinies:

  7. #3557
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Heya!

    About the random wifi battles..
    The rules say "The Pokémon can only know moves in its Generation V learnset".. does that mean a Pokemon who knows special moves can't get in?
    For example a Pokemon that learned Headbutt from SS/HG or Bodyslam from XD and such? ._.

  8. #3558
    SkittyOnWailord's Avatar
    SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Outside your window O_O
    Posts
    5,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flareen View Post
    Heya!

    About the random wifi battles..
    The rules say "The Pokémon can only know moves in its Generation V learnset".. does that mean a Pokemon who knows special moves can't get in?
    For example a Pokemon that learned Headbutt from SS/HG or Bodyslam from XD and such? ._.
    I'm not sure if I understand your question. Are you asking if you can use a Pokemon in random Wi-Fi that has moves it could only lean in past gens? If so then yes, you can. I even made a video showing 4th gen only moves like Azelf with Stelth Rock and Salamence with Outrage because so many people asked that question.
    なにがでるかな!?


    I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

    Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

  9. #3559
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Hey thanks for the reply!
    That was more or less my question. Im glad you CAN use them D:
    Though.. do you know what they mean by "The Pokémon can only know moves in its Generation V learnset"? ><
    At least thats what it says on Serebii @.@

  10. #3560
    SkittyOnWailord's Avatar
    SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Outside your window O_O
    Posts
    5,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flareen View Post
    Hey thanks for the reply!
    That was more or less my question. Im glad you CAN use them D:
    Though.. do you know what they mean by "The Pokémon can only know moves in its Generation V learnset"? ><
    At least thats what it says on Serebii @.@
    No idea. Can you link me to where it says that?
    なにがでるかな!?


    I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

    Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

  11. #3561
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    12

  12. #3562
    SkittyOnWailord's Avatar
    SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Outside your window O_O
    Posts
    5,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flareen View Post
    I haven't talked to Serebii in a few days. I'll ask him and get back to you.
    なにがでるかな!?


    I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

    Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

  13. #3563
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Alright - thanks a lot for the help :3
    Ill check again some time later ^^~

  14. #3564

    Question

    I have a few questions.

    1. Recently I registered to the Pokemon Daisuki Fan Club and to the Pokemon Global Link site. However, I forgot that Mac users are supposed to have at least OS X 10.5. I have 10.4. Still, I didn't have any problems registering. Will I be able to do all this with 10.4 after all?

    2. Can I access the internet on my Pokemon White on the go? (I have a US DS Lite and a Japanese Pokemon White) It appears I need to have an access point for where ever I am, and this could become quite difficult if I am going to various places, since I have to put in info for each location and only have 3 access point slots even so.

    3. Recently I tried to access my game's Wi-Fi Game Sync while at my church and tried to select one of the 3 offered sources it picked up on. The first had a full strength green meter and a gray lock sign. The second had a full meter but a red sign, so I wouldn't be able to access it without a WEP code. The 3rd had a gray sign but a dead meter. I choose the first, but I kept getting the same message. It read something like "アクセスポイントの設定はDS本体を対応していません", which I think basically means it couldn't match my DS with the location's access point settings. This doesn't make sense to me and I don't know where to take it form here.
    "Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; and I will bear you and I will deliver you." - Isaiah 46:4



    ;700;

  15. #3565
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NW England
    Posts
    6,327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
    I have a few questions.

    1. Recently I registered to the Pokemon Daisuki Fan Club and to the Pokemon Global Link site. However, I forgot that Mac users are supposed to have at least OS X 10.5. I have 10.4. Still, I didn't have any problems registering. Will I be able to do all this with 10.4 after all?
    I'm not sure what's the reason why it's not supported. Apple could have not have a certain thing which is in Os X 10.5 or later.. Sorry, Windows 7 is my idea... is my system, and I don't use Mac. (Seriously, when did you get mice with two buttons?)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
    2. Can I access the internet on my Pokemon White on the go? (I have a US DS Lite and a Japanese Pokemon White) It appears I need to have an access point for where ever I am, and this could become quite difficult if I am going to various places, since I have to put in info for each location and only have 3 access point slots even so.
    Pick the Most commonly used places that you're going to use Wi-fi.. Also see next answer as why some Wifi connections don't work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeikobu View Post
    3. Recently I tried to access my game's Wi-Fi Game Sync while at my church and tried to select one of the 3 offered sources it picked up on. The first had a full strength green meter and a gray lock sign. The second had a full meter but a red sign, so I wouldn't be able to access it without a WEP code. The 3rd had a gray sign but a dead meter. I choose the first, but I kept getting the same message. It read something like "アクセスポイントの設定はDS本体を対応していません", which I think basically means it couldn't match my DS with the location's access point settings. This doesn't make sense to me and I don't know where to take it form here.
    OK, If you can use almost other Wifi game, as the DS settings will be in English or what ever the game/system Language is set to. The Settings will be kept on the DS. So Make it easy on yourself, and use another game to set up Wifi.

    You can't connect to Grey Locks networks. Some Blue Locks may need "Web page" to log on it, which render them useless. Red Networks can be used, as long as you know the really long Password, which you only need to the once.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr


    MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

    3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)

  16. #3566
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    125

    Default

    This is probably a silly question, but if I have a Gantoru, is there anyway to evolve it into Gigalith without having a trading partner? Similar to how you could use the GTS in Gen 4 to evolve pokemon that only evolve by trading. I likely won't be buying both versions at release and I don't have any friends (that I know of) that play these games.

    I apologize if this question has already been asked, but any help would be appreciated.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/wm0yld.png[/IMG]

  17. #3567
    SkittyOnWailord's Avatar
    SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Outside your window O_O
    Posts
    5,363

    Default

    I've had a Daisuke Club account for a few years, and I made a GL account when B/W came out. So how do I link them? Does anyone have a tutorial?
    なにがでるかな!?


    I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

    Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

  18. #3568

    Default

    This was probably answered long ago, but I am confused....Can pokemon black and white be played on the 3ds? I ask this because on serebii it says-

    "The games also introduce a variety of new multiplayer aspects including the Live Caster, a DSi & 3DS exclusive feature, that allows for video chat with you and your friends."
    WHITE2: 0906 0589 1140
    X: 0216 0799 9223

  19. #3569
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    3,935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ViperQueen View Post
    This was probably answered long ago, but I am confused....Can pokemon black and white be played on the 3ds? I ask this because on serebii it says-

    "The games also introduce a variety of new multiplayer aspects including the Live Caster, a DSi & 3DS exclusive feature, that allows for video chat with you and your friends."
    From what I've heard the 3DS is backwards compatable with all DS software, so I don't see why Black & White would be any different. The Livecaster bit just lists the types of DS that have cameras, since those are needed to use its video chat functionality.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

    Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

  20. #3570
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    P2 Lab
    Posts
    140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited View Post
    This is probably a silly question, but if I have a Gantoru, is there anyway to evolve it into Gigalith without having a trading partner? Similar to how you could use the GTS in Gen 4 to evolve pokemon that only evolve by trading. I likely won't be buying both versions at release and I don't have any friends (that I know of) that play these games.

    I apologize if this question has already been asked, but any help would be appreciated.
    Not that I know of, I think they fixed any glitches like that because they based the GTS off the 4th generation one.

    Just ask in a quick trade thread for someone to help you evolve it, that way if they steal it you can report them.
    Bye </3 You got what you wanted, Zabi. Congrats, your lies worked.

  21. #3571

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Nutter View Post
    OK, If you can use almost other Wifi game, as the DS settings will be in English or what ever the game/system Language is set to. The Settings will be kept on the DS. So Make it easy on yourself, and use another game to set up Wifi.

    You can't connect to Grey Locks networks. Some Blue Locks may need "Web page" to log on it, which render them useless. Red Networks can be used, as long as you know the really long Password, which you only need to the once.
    Unfortunately, Pocket Monsters White is my only DS game. No joke. Pokemon is the only reason I have a DS at all.
    "Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; and I will bear you and I will deliver you." - Isaiah 46:4



    ;700;

  22. #3572
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SkittyOnWailord View Post
    I've had a Daisuke Club account for a few years, and I made a GL account when B/W came out. So how do I link them? Does anyone have a tutorial?
    Don't really know myself. Did notice that I had a daisuki club account with my same GL account number after I made the GL account. Keep randomly getting coins too. Is your login the same for both as well?

    edit: I'll see if I can find where it has the linked info, once GL is back up from maintenance. I really do need to learn to just read japanese XD
    Last edited by Arande; 11th January 2011 at 8:23 AM.
    Autumn Friendly: 18-4 4 RQ, 1657, 578th place
    International challenge: 16-2 7 RQ 1634
    Spring friendly: 18-0 1721, 173rd

    4527 7711 4773 is my 3ds FC,
    Don't have any room for random safari requests :/ Friends list is full as is.

  23. #3573
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Lumiose City
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    This isn't really a question of something within the game but for some reason Best Buy is releasing the game on April 1st, while everywhere else is releasing it on March 6th.

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pok%26%2...=1218282102373

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pok%26%2...=1218282103496

    Of course I called Best Buy & asked but I didn't understand their explanation
        Spoiler:- On Hiatus for the Holiday Season:

  24. #3574

    Default Dream world pokemon

    Can someone clear this up for me? in the dream world, can you control what pokemon appear? or do you have to keep trying till you find the one you want? I really want a dream world Mogrew... if someone could help me id really love that! thanks

  25. #3575
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pokefan1995 View Post
    Can someone clear this up for me? in the dream world, can you control what pokemon appear? or do you have to keep trying till you find the one you want? I really want a dream world Mogrew... if someone could help me id really love that! thanks
    As far as I know, there is no way to control what Pokemon appear. Also, it is currently impossible to obtain any 5th Generation Pokemon in the Dream World, and impossible to transfer 5th Generation Pokemon from the Dream World to Black/White, since the overworld sprites of those Pokemon are not programmed into the games.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

Page 143 of 944 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147153193243 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •